PDA

View Full Version : Football State of Texas

cunbed10
12-30-2002, 11:36 AM
I really think that Texas is Football capitol of the world. We Texans take our football serious, from peewee to the NFL,you can be in a grocery store or in a barbershop, and during football season the main topic is football. 3A Downlow is pretty serious, we all support our communities and wish the best, sometimes putting high expectations on 16 and 17 year-old kids that we wouldn't be able to handle ourselves. Competition really brings out the best in most of us, but on the other hand it can also bring out the worst in us. My father raised me up to be very competitive and I am a father now, I want my son to know that winning isn't everything, because you will not win in everything that you do, but be able to loose and know that you left everything out on the field. Football has alot to do with life's lessons. The Marlin Bulldogs lost to Bellville, alot of us expected different, but when life throws you a curve that you don't expect you will have to be ready, I must say I am proud of the Bulldogs on handling the lost to Bellvile and the lost of #9 Alvin Hall RB he will be gone but not forgotten so my hats off to a town, a team, and a young man that left it on the field everytime. RIP
little Alvin from D. Scott cunbed10