PDA

View Full Version : I think I just had an allergic reaction....

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
...or got poisened.

I ate a "Gingersnap" cookie out of some Christmas basket we got. My tongue swelled up and my face is numb and itchy!!:eek: :eek:

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...or got poisened.

I ate a "Gingersnap" cookie out of some Christmas basket we got. My tongue swelled up and my face is numb and itchy!!:eek: :eek: Somebody call 911.:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Quick take a picture and then pop some benadryl

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm actually kinda scared now....look what I just read:

What are the possible side effects of ginger?

Although uncommon, allergic reactions to ginger have been reported. Stop taking ginger and seek emergency medical attention if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm actually kinda scared now....look what I just read:

What are the possible side effects of ginger?

Although uncommon, allergic reactions to ginger have been reported. Stop taking ginger and seek emergency medical attention if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives.

Is this the first time eating ginger in your life?

kaorder1999
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
uh oh...thats not good!!

44INAROW
12-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Kellye - seriously, get a coworker to take you to the doctor just to be sure............. :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Is this the first time eating ginger in your life?

You wouldn't think so!! I don't recall ever eating a gingersnap cookie before....and on top of that, it wasn't even any good!!

The feeling in my face is coming back now and my tongue doesn't feel as swollen now....but it's numb!!

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Kellye - seriously, get a coworker to take you to the doctor just to be sure............. :eek:

Since it is going away, they are just "hovering" now!!

We called the Dr. and he said to just keep an eye on it and if the symptoms worsen go the Emergency Room!!

Good grief....this could only happen to me!!:(

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Benadryl ----- I promise it works!!!

Remember when I found out I was allergic to amoxicilllian??

eagles_victory
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh snap or should I say Oh Ginger Snap

Ranger Mom
12-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Oh snap or should I say Oh Ginger Snap

LOL!! I think this has affected my sense of humor...I found that extremely funny!!!:D :D

sinton66
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Benadryl ----- I promise it works!!!

Remember when I found out I was allergic to amoxicilllian??

You too? I can take ampicillian or penicillan, but not amoxicillan. Makes all my joints and the palms of my hands start itching.

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2007, 05:35 PM
LOL!! I think this has affected my sense of humor...I found that extremely funny!!!:D :D
Read your sig

:D :D :p :p :D :D