PDA

View Full Version : How the Mitchell Report Changed My Life

eagles_victory
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
When I saw that Nook Logan, FP Santiaglo, and Fernado Vina were on the list I was pretty upset to say the least. FP and Fernando had always been favorite players of mine and Nook was getting there.

I was more then likely going to name my first son after Nook, FP, or Fernando but since this has happened I cant name my first son (not having one anytime soon by the way) after some cheaters. Although I think Nook was just trying to break through and was just doing everything he could to get there. I think they busted FP and Fernando to have some big starts on the list so they could say they got some "big name guys". Kind of like they might get a superstar like Shaun Suisham if they put a big report out for NFL players. Speaking of Shaun Suisham, Suisham is probably the front runner for my sons name since the Mitchell Report came out.

The Mitchell Report has changed me forever. :(

Phil C
12-14-2007, 11:27 AM
:(

crzyjournalist03
12-14-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure that naming your kid after someone whose name sounds like "squeeze 'em" is such a good idea.

JTate
12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
The question is "What will MLB do?" So far, it seems to me, they have done their best to do nothing

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JTate
The question is "What will MLB do?" So far, it seems to me, they have done their best to do nothing

Honestly IMO not alot can be done..alot of the report was hearsay and no real proof

If Baseball wants the REAL truth IMO it should offer an immunity window for players to come to them and tell the REAL story and how things can be changed or nothing ever truly will be fixed

JTate
12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
well, that's my expectation... it's to big of a problem and MLB will do as they always do... concentrate on damage control

King_LeYoeNidas
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
you know the next time those of you who like to laugh at the wrestler's who get busted for steroid use, I will point the finger right back here to this situation. All your so called heroes are just as guilty of puttin the ol needle in their ass as Chris Benoit himself. End rant.
Guess kids don't have any sports stars to look up to these days.

JTate
12-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Personally I think the integrity of both sports is about equal

crzyjournalist03
12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Honestly IMO not alot can be done..alot of the report was hearsay and no real proof

If Baseball wants the REAL truth IMO it should offer an immunity window for players to come to them and tell the REAL story and how things can be changed or nothing ever truly will be fixed

well, there was more proof than was released to the public. MLB received a report that had photocopies of personal checks written along with receipts from trainers that proved certain athletes did steroids, but obviously they're not going to release photos of personal checks to the public.

eagles_victory
12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm not sure that naming your kid after someone whose name sounds like "squeeze 'em" is such a good idea. Hes a great athlete and a better person a role model for any young kid that Shaun Suisham is

g$$
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
well, there was more proof than was released to the public. MLB received a report that had photocopies of personal checks written along with receipts from trainers that proved certain athletes did steroids, but obviously they're not going to release photos of personal checks to the public.

And every one of the guys named (like Clemens, Tejada, etc.) were given the opportunity to speak to the investigative team & declined. Whose fault is that? They had a chance to clear name (or at least try) & declined.

coach
12-15-2007, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And every one of the guys named (like Clemens, Tejada, etc.) were given the opportunity to speak to the investigative team & declined. Whose fault is that? They had a chance to clear name (or at least try) & declined.

the bad thing about clemens is he called out bonds and called him a cheater