PDA

View Full Version : Mount Vernon 24 Winnsboro 14 nm

TigerTiger
11-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Mount Vernon 24
Winnsboro 14

Buckeye80
11-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Mt Vernon sneaks in.....that's unbelievable. Just goes to show that you should never give up. Tough test next week vs. Atlanta, but way to go Purple Tigers.

BigRedfan
11-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Mount Vernon. Looks like you luck out two years in a row. With the raalignment do you know that this could have been our last game and what a bitter note to go out on. Good luck in the playoffs. :cool:

PPHSfan
11-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Did Mount Vernon get Lucky? From what I heard they whipped Winnsboro fair and square. I guess I got bad info.

Buckeye80
11-08-2003, 02:32 PM
PPHSfan:
Did Mount Vernon get Lucky? From what I heard they whipped Winnsboro fair and square. I guess I got bad info.I was just referring to the fact that Mt. Vernon was dead and buried after losing to Mineola, and all the cards fell just right for them to get in. Mt. Vernon should make a good showing, but I don't think they'll play Atlanta too close. Or do you have some other ideas oh great sage of high school football, lol. wink

PurpleTiger12
11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
WLR Fan, I suppose the 9-1 regular season record was luck last year. Hats off to Winnsboro for a good game, but it looks like you get to cheer for your lady Raider basketball team a week earlier than you thought. Luck, there was some lucky plays, but that was not all there was. Sorry to kick ya out again. Much sympathy....

P.S. - Serves you right for talking trash and running up the score during the JV game. :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
11-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Easy Purple Tiger, you proved it on the field. That's good enough!

BigRedfan
11-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Winnsboro was outplayed last night,yes, but there was some very bad calls.If I remember right the game last year went down to the last play of double overtime time. Also your quarterback from last year is playing on a 0 and 10 squad. What do you think about that? You were also outsed in the first round last year and it will happen this year also.

BTW: Winnsboro Lady Raiders would have been playing regardless of the football schedule.Season starts the 18th which is on a Tuesday so it would not have interferred with the playoffs. They will have a much longer schedule any way than your Lady TIGGERS will have. Where is the picture taken last year in Winnsboro? I thought that I was promised a copy of it. It really did cause some problems. I will not be caught dead doing it this year. I think that it was done any way just to cause trouble.

Enjoy next week because it will be the last game of the season and then you can pick up the pumpkin colored ball with the rest of us who have not gone but one round deep in the playoffs for how many years now? :mad: :D wink :p

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: BigRedfan ]</small>

PurpleTiger12
11-08-2003, 04:58 PM
WLR, I'm sorry you feel that way. As for the bad calls, both teams could say that some penalties were a factor(BTW Mount Vernon had 67 yards in penalties as opposed to only 30 by Winnsboro). As for Ricky Joe, true, he does play for the worst team in college; however, the kid is getting a $100,000 education for FREE(BTW, Don't forget our LB at UNT either). True, we do play a very tough team next week, and true, most people aren't going to pick us to win, but bottom line, we are still playing! We worked hard last night, and we are proud of what we have overcome. As for the Raiders, they had a great season, 7-3 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Best of luck to the ladies in basketball. They may stand a good shot against our ladies, but I happen to play BOYS basketball, and I feel pretty confident in our team this year.

Buckeye80
11-08-2003, 07:14 PM
PurpleTiger12:
WLR, I'm sorry you feel that way. As for the bad calls, both teams could say that some penalties were a factor(BTW Mount Vernon had 67 yards in penalties as opposed to only 30 by Winnsboro). As for Ricky Joe, true, he does play for the worst team in college; however, the kid is getting a $100,000 education for FREE(BTW, Don't forget our LB at UNT either). True, we do play a very tough team next week, and true, most people aren't going to pick us to win, but bottom line, we are still playing! We worked hard last night, and we are proud of what we have overcome. As for the Raiders, they had a great season, 7-3 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Best of luck to the ladies in basketball. They may stand a good shot against our ladies, but I happen to play BOYS basketball, and I feel pretty confident in our team this year.Kid, just some advice. Don't ever admit on this site that you are still in high school. You'll get ripped apart the minute you strike up controversy. Just keep that fact to your last post. lol and good luck Purple Tigers!

PPHSfan
11-09-2003, 10:07 PM
I thought that QB from last year for the Tigers was a Red Shirt at SMU?

Last time I looked he hadn't played a single down for an 0-10 team.

I thought he was just over there soaking up all of that six figure knowledge, and playing golf :D

Buckeye80
11-10-2003, 02:32 PM
PPHSfan:
I thought that QB from last year for the Tigers was a Red Shirt at SMU?

Last time I looked he hadn't played a single down for an 0-10 team.

I thought he was just over there soaking up all of that six figure knowledge, and playing golf :D That's the same thing I heard. A guy I work with from Mt. Vernon told me that Ricky Joe Meeks is not even playing football; it was a golf scholarship.