View Full Version : Tim McMahons Picks for Week 15

alaskacat
12-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Tim MacMahon's Hot Picks

11:02 PM CST on Thursday, December 13, 2007

By TIM MacMAHON / dallasnews.com / The Dallas Morning News
tmacmahon@dallasnews.com

1. Euless Trinity vs. Plano

It'd be a great story for Plano coach Gerald Brence to win a state title in his last season on the sideline, but try telling that to Trinity. Plano lit up Skyline's star-studded defense, but Trinity will present an entirely different challenge. The Trojans, led by havoc-wreaking DE Mao Leota, will be the most physical team Plano has faced.

Euless Trinity 28, Plano 21

2. Highland Park vs. Everman

Highland Park hasn't seen a team with Everman's speed. Everman also played a much tougher schedule, and the Bulldogs' experience of pulling out close wins over Aledo, Stephenville and Wichita Falls Rider will pay off. Everman proved last week that it can come from behind, but its run-based offense isn't built for rallies. Highland Park needs QB Winston Gamso and Co. to click early.

Everman 24, Highland Park 21

3. Celina vs. Snyder

I'll fess up to not knowing much about 12-2 Snyder, but that doesn't matter. My policy is to never, ever pick against Celina. I see no reason to change now that Celina is undefeated and has won its four playoff games by an average of 39.8 points.

Celina 42, Snyder 20

4. Farmersville vs. Tatum

RB Tahj Redwine (2,078 rushing yards, 34 TDs) and the Fightin' Farmers will gave Tatum all it wants and then some, but it's tough to pick against a two-time defending state champion. At 41-3, Tatum's Cashas Pollard is one of the winningest quarterbacks in Texas high school history.

Tatum 34, Farmersville 31

Keeping score

Last week/season: 5-0/65-19

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/121407dnspohotpicks.29924be.html

Matthew328
12-14-2007, 01:44 AM
I sure hope he gets #2 right

JR2004
12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I sure hope he gets #2 right

You and 99 percent of high school football fans across the state are hoping he's right.