PDA

View Full Version : NF topic.. anyone who can help...

Highschoolfan78
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
My good friends played in a battle of the bands for Bodog last night in Austin. They had advanced past the first round, and last night was the 2nd. The stipulation for the second round was that out of 12 bands only 2 could clinch. However, a wild card would be determined by internet voting. Now I know no one on this board knows these guys, so I'll share a little information.

These are five men that have devoted their lives to music. During the day they work 8-5 P.M. jobs like the majority of the country. Nonetheless, they still allow time to contribute to their passion, music. Any other musicians reading this know the feeling of hopefully being heard someday. This contest has allowed a chance for them to showcase their talent. Their ages in the band range from 19-31. While the age difference is drastic, they are striding for one common dream.

With your help 3adownlow, you could help their dream stay alive. The voting process only takes a few minutes. You have to register an email and then vote for the STOUT CITY LUCHADORES.

Go to this website to complete the process:
http://battle.bodoglife.net/shows/detail.php?id=148

I know this seemed like a plea that U2 usually does for countries, but I love these guys like brothers. If you would like to check out their music go to:

http://www.myspace.com/stoutcityluchadores

Thanks for reading this far!

Go Gobblers and Stout City Luchadores!! P.S. the lead singer is married to a Cuero alumni!

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm just waiting on the confirmation email, then I'll vote. :)

Highschoolfan78
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm just waiting on the confirmation email, then I'll vote. :)

Thanks, i'll be sure they give a shoutout to the Downlow at their next show! lol

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll do my part to help.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Highschoolfan78 - just for grins and giggles - be sure and get the "paper copy" of this weeks Cuero Record and read the section on page 2 "50, 75 and 100 years ago" Your dad has a Letter to Santa in there........ Too cute :p

3afan
12-13-2007, 11:02 PM
whats with the masks? WWE-like

Highschoolfan78
12-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hey Highschoolfan78 - just for grins and giggles - be sure and get the "paper copy" of this weeks Cuero Record and read the section on page 2 "50, 75 and 100 years ago" Your dad has a Letter to Santa in there........ Too cute :p

hahaha I just read here a few minutes ago. I think he's been getting a hard time from a few people. He picked some great Christmas items for his list though!

Highschoolfan78
12-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
whats with the masks? WWE-like

ehh they wanted to do something different. What stinks is they've been a band long before Nacho-Libre was created.

Gobbla2001
12-14-2007, 02:05 AM
it's all a heritage deal with these guys... from what I understand they chose the masks based on the history of Mexican wrestling... their music, though, has nothing to do with mexican wrestling...

Honestly I don't dig their music, just becuse it's not my taste, but they are more original in their music and lyrics than most bands in their genre... they're worth the vote for sure...

Hsf78, didn't one of their fathers or something pass away not too long ago?

Highschoolfan78
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
it's all a heritage deal with these guys... from what I understand they chose the masks based on the history of Mexican wrestling... their music, though, has nothing to do with mexican wrestling...

Honestly I don't dig their music, just becuse it's not my taste, but they are more original in their music and lyrics than most bands in their genre... they're worth the vote for sure...

Hsf78, didn't one of their fathers or something pass away not too long ago?

Yeah, about a year ago. In fact 3 of the band members have lost their fathers at a young chapter in their lives. A few of their songs are shaped around remembering their fathers. Others are just general punk songs. But thanks to those who have already voted. They took the lead late last night, and hopefully will hold it for the remaining 6 days.

here's an article

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/793/story/168121.html