PDA

View Full Version : JoePa's Take on A&M

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
JoePa ready for A&M (I think)
2:46 PM Thu, Dec 13, 2007 | Permalink
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Penn State coach Joe Paterno met with the Fourth Estate today in what was billed as "Alamo Bowl media day." Well, it turns out that JoePa wasn't exactly loaded down with knowledge about your Fightin' Texas Aggies.

"Not a lot of tape. I wished I had looked at more," Paterno said. "I don’t know that we’ve played anybody with more talent than Texas A&M. Quarterback looks like an awfully good athlete. They run really well on defense. But I have not really looked at enough tape."

When asked how the school became known as Linebacker U, JoePa said, "To be very honest with you, I have no idea how that happened."

And then as he spoke about retiring, Paterno mused that he'll go when he's good and ready. "I’m not naïve about my age or my energy," he said. "I don’t waste it. I don’t waste what I’ve got to get done. I get up in the morning and I know what I’ve got to get done. I’ve got some other things to do and that’s a luxury."

LINK (http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/joepa_ready_for_am_i_think.html)

big daddy russ
12-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Gotta love JoePa. And the funny thing is he'll have the Nittany Lions ready when the Alamo Bowl rolls around.

Panther One
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
He's got two weeks until the game...why rush?

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I think he needs to retire.

IHStangFan
12-13-2007, 10:17 PM
yup...have the time I wonder if he knows where he is and/or what he's doing.

Gobbla2001
12-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Why does JoePa need to retire? Honestly? None of the teams in the big 10 get the quality of athletes everyone in the south and cali does... none of those Big 10 teams are that much better than JoePa's anyway... you can flip a coin on that conference every year to decide which big name schools got the least-suckiest athletes and program... for reals, in my mind, that confrence is damn near worthless... all they have are "names"...

3afan
12-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

why?

cat_eyes76
12-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

Oh please

No way - Joe Pa is an iconic figure at Penn State - whether he is involved in the day to day operations or is simply a figure head for their football team. Penn State won't force Joe Pa to retire and he'll do it when he is good and ready - and I don't think it's going to be anytime soon!!!
(Especially with Penn State being in the Big 10) :D