PDA

View Full Version : Celina band director taking requests

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
From DMN:

Celina band director taking requests

Earlier this week, I received an e-mail from Celina’s band director Russ Rutherford thanking me for my review on our blog of his band’s rendition of Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” during its halftime show Saturday in Justin. In jest, I asked him if the band could play some Led Zeppelin, the legendary rock band that made big news earlier this week with its reunion show in London.

Rutherford replied again and said that a Zeppelin tune is not in the works this year, but could be for next season. He then asked me for a request. I’ve always loved “Kashmir.” Are there any others that would be good?

By the way, this week’s show will be the jazzy “Birdland.”

Posted by David Hinojosa on December 13, 2007 12:31 PM | Permalink

LINK (http://hs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/celina_band_director_taking_requests.html)

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
From DMN:

Earlier this week, I received an e-mail from Celina’s band director Russ Rutherford thanking me for my review on our blog of his band’s rendition of Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” during its halftime show Saturday in Justin. In jest, I asked him if the band could play some Led Zeppelin, the legendary rock band that made big news earlier this week with its reunion show in London.

Rutherford replied again and said that a Zeppelin tune is not in the works this year, but could be for next season. He then asked me for a request. I’ve always loved “Kashmir.” Are there any others that would be good?

LINK (http://hs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/celina_band_director_taking_requests.html)

I like Rutherford

maybe i am biased?

raider red 2000
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
From DMN:

thats pretty cool.

this year i saw a band director striking up the band late in the game playing the old stand by....hey hey good by.

bad thing is.....the school that played it....was the losing team...happened on several occassions.

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
this year i saw a band director striking up the band late in the game playing the old stand by....hey hey good by.

bad thing is.....the school that played it....was the losing team...happened on several occassions.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
It would have been better if they would have featured the guitars.

Adidas410s
12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
thats pretty cool.

Must've been Sinton...

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
our band played that earlier this year i believe

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
our band played that earlier this year i believe

The DMN guys don't get out too much.

I hear it all the time.

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 02:42 PM
thats pretty cool.

Daingerfield did that after we beat them, after they started a fight, after the refs called the game with 34 seconds left on the clock!

They STILL played it ....so...WE sang along with their band..... to them!!:D

raider red 2000
12-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Daingerfield did that after we beat them, after they started a fight, after the refs called the game with 34 seconds left on the clock!

They STILL played it ....so...WE sang along with their band..... to them!!:D

LOL

well it was actually ours that did it to us about 4-5 times.

HAN SING
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Han Have one.. Han love this song. Have band director have students play!!!! Besides It will be good for celina students to hear so they have tune in head when they start to work after graduation

CAR WASH!!

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Han Have one.. Han love this song. Have band director have students play!!!! Besides It will be good for celina students to hear so they have tune in head when they start to work after graduation

U need to post more

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
U need to post more

he's already posted like 10 times today!