PDA

View Full Version : Man chugs liter of vodka in airport security line

Adidas410s
12-13-2007, 11:56 AM
BERLIN - A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.

New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.

Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment.

The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Nuremberg and Dresden? - That might explain why the guy is an idiot.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
:eek: :eek: wow :doh:

DDBooger
12-13-2007, 12:14 PM
big deal, i do that all the time:rolleyes:

:D lol

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
big deal, i do that all the time:rolleyes:

:D lol

Ozzy used to do it all the time too.... You better stay away from the sauce - it's addictive.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Nuremberg and Dresden? - That might explain why the guy is an idiot.

:confused:

i don't understand?

DDBooger
12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Ozzy used to do it all the time too.... You better stay away from the sauce - it's addictive. lol i was joking, but you're right, vodka is the devil
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z280/andrea_arnold/andrea1.jpg

DDBooger
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
:confused:

i don't understand? historically speaking, important cities during WWII. otherwise dunno? :cool:

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
historically speaking, important cities during WWII. otherwise dunno? :cool:

yes, nurmeburg-the site of the war crimes tribunals after the war, and dresden-a city that was bombed mercilessly

still curious to know what the link is!:D

HAN SING
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Han Dont blame man. Han one chuged a bottle of Sake instead of letting stage coach driver keep for trip. Han Just knew stage coach driver was going to drink it.

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Be quiet Han, before Hoss cut of pigtail.:p

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
yes, nurmeburg-the site of the war crimes tribunals after the war, and dresden-a city that was bombed mercilessly

still curious to know what the link is!:D

the fact that he's German. He's a couple generations removed from people who thought it would be a great idea to put humans in ovens.

HAN SING
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Be quiet Han, before Hoss cut of pigtail.:p Hoss tried that already... Han make special apple pie and Hoss out like light. Han then go to work on Hoss. Han Remove one of the two things that make Hoss feel spunky.. Hoss never mess with Han again

CHS_CG
12-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Jason hasnt been flying lately has he?

CelinaProud
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
the fact that he's German. He's a couple generations removed from people who thought it would be a great idea to put humans in ovens.

The Third Reich, that lasted from '33-'45 was incited by a man that laid out his insanity in a book for all to read 10 years before he even began the effort; but he, Hitler, is not representative of all Germans. Nor do all Germans believe it is right to put people in ovens.

Look, I'm one generation removed from the trailer park myself, but working on my PhD, so not everyone is laid at the feet of their heritage. I do believe that there are people on this site that come from the Hill Country especially, but all over Texas truthfully, (though I'm not one) that hold their German heritage dear and near. That remark was very biased, very racist and very cruel. I am not trying to blast you, but we're (you and me) about the same age, and there are a lot of young ones on here and you never know what YOUR words might incite. Just think about what Hitler's words did to a strong, ethical people inside of 12 years.

I mean no ill will, and yes, I can be emotional (ask around), but please think about something THAT loaded before you say it. You could really hurt someone with words like that. :)

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
the fact that he's German. He's a couple generations removed from people who thought it would be a great idea to put humans in ovens. omg that was awful! :dispntd: :speech: :helpme:

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
omg that was awful! :dispntd: :speech: :helpme:

I agree!! My brother was stationed in Germany for 10 years, about 5 years ago he married a "German" girl, in MY house, at that!!

We love her to death!!

IMO, that is one thing that is wrong with society today, we hold on to the past for entirely TOO long. :mad:

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree!! My brother was stationed in Germany for 10 years, about 5 years ago he married a "German" girl, in MY house, at that!!

We love her to death!!

IMO, that is one thing that is wrong with society today, we hold on to the past for entirely TOO long. :mad:

i love germans!

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
i love germans!

I married one and I work for one - well they're Americans of German Descent. My wife's maternal Grandfather was a German soldier in WWI. My great uncle got half his ear bit off by a German in WW1. Could have been her Grandfather who bit my great uncle's ear off:thinking:

My boss has a Nazi flag that was taken down in Belgium when the US pushed the Germans out of that town. His Uncle was a U.S. soldier and kept it due to what it took to get it.

Sometimes it's OK to not forget some things so they don't happen again.