PDA

View Full Version : Racism in recruiting

big daddy russ
12-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Great read. (http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071022/COLUMNISTS07/710220318/1106/COLUMNISTS)

Maybe McGuffie will change some of these stereotypes.

DU_stud04
12-13-2007, 05:39 AM
good read indeed.... but reading the title? what is reverse racism? wouldnt that just be..... racism? that term is one of the stupidest ive heard, and ive heard its once or twice on here before. maybe you can say stereotyping :confused: .....blah

anyways....

the article ,again,is a good read.

Phil C
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I was watching Mike & Mike this morning. Sean Salisbury was
sitting in for Mike Golic. Mike Greenberg & Salisbury were
interviewing Regis Philbin over the phone. Regis asked Sean,
"What's wrong with Notre Dame?". Sean responded with "They
have no speed". Regis replies, "There is no speed to recruit in
the midwest, They'll have to recruit out of the south to get
speed". Both Mike & Sean wasted no time redirecting the
interview before Regis said or implied something that he would
have to apologize for later.:thinking:

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Does anyone remember a running back from Brownwood named Hut Allred? I don't know what he ever accomplished beyond high school but he didn't get a sniff from any major colleges despite an impressive high school career.

BwdLion_80
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I remember him very well. He went to North Texas and played for 4 years. He now owns a very profitable personal training business in the Dallas area.

mistanice
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
good read indeed.... but reading the title? what is reverse racism? wouldnt that just be..... racism? that term is one of the stupidest ive heard, and ive heard its once or twice on here before. maybe you can say stereotyping :confused: .....blah

anyways....

the article ,again,is a good read.

does reverse discrimination fall in the same category? shouldn't it be just called discrimination?

DU_stud04
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
does reverse discrimination fall in the same category? shouldn't it be just called discrimination? yes... discrimination is discrimination IS discrimination as well as racism is racism Is racism....not none of this reverse crap,

mistanice
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
yes... discrimination is discrimination IS discrimination as well as racism is racism Is racism....not none of this reverse crap, :clap:

SWMustang
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I remember him very well. He went to North Texas and played for 4 years. He now owns a very profitable personal training business in the Dallas area.

thanks for the update. I thought he ended up at UNT but I wasn't sure.

sinton66
12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Reverse Racism is a proper descriptive phrase, but not in this case.

DU_stud04
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Reverse Racism is a proper descriptive phrase, but not in this case. its ignorance, not a proper phrase.

rangerjim
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
This is explains it - the lack of college recruiters scouting my game. It wasn't my lack of speed, it wasn't my lead hands, it wasn't my total ineptness of the game ................ it was because I'm a swede! I feel better now knowing it wasn't my fault.