PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbell's 5th Round Breakdown

Panther One
12-13-2007, 01:15 AM
LH 35-28
Celina 49-35
China Spring 28-21

3A Fifth-Round Breakdown (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=1750&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

headhunter
12-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
LH 35-28
Celina 49-35
China Spring 28-21

3A Fifth-Round Breakdown (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=1750&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

WRONG

HM33
12-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
WRONG

agreed :)

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
WRONG You're right Celina will win by more than 14 points :D

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
LH 35-28
Celina 49-35
China Spring 28-21

Looks like he picked Cuero to win, not China Spring!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Looks like he picked Cuero to win, not China Spring!

LOL, he has since changed it, cause I still have the page up that says:

"I'd be very surprised if this game wasn't close and competitive, but I like China Spring a bit more here, if only because Eskew has shown himself to be an exceptional talent. I say the Cougars win 28-21. "

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
LOL, he has since changed it, cause I still have the page up that says:

"I'd be very surprised if this game wasn't close and competitive, but I like China Spring a bit more here, if only because Eskew has shown himself to be an exceptional talent. I say the Cougars win 28-21. "

I thought that's what I read last night (but it was 11:30 and I was tired and thought maybe I read it wrong) but I like his prediction now ;)

HM33
12-13-2007, 10:36 AM
LoL, well he changed it to the right way now :).... I saw when he had CS winning :P

Old Green
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Game must be going to be close. He's even confused as to who to pick.;)

He changed it from last night.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Old Green

That's hilarious!! I like Cuero by 10

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I just dont see the 49-35 score for the Snyder/Celina game. These are both more ball control offenses that eat time off the clock, and I just dont see there being enough time for 84 points to be scored. But I do believe 3 and outs and turnovers will be very costly in this game. Both offenses had better take care of the ball well, and put points up at every oppertunity. Snyder will be in deep in trouble if they have to play catch up in the second half. I think their only hope of scoring a lot of points quickly will be for Clay to break several long runs, and I just dont see that happening. He may get 2 or 3 at the most, but the rest of the Snyder O better be ready to step up and get 2 to 3 more in other ways, to take the some of Celina's focus off of Clay.

NDFootball
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Green

Dave Campbell is an idiot. He probably gets confused about lots of things.

trojan37
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I just dont see the 49-35 score for the Snyder/Celina game. These are both more ball control offenses that eat time off the clock, and I just dont see there being enough time for 84 points to be scored. But I do believe 3 and outs and turnovers will be very costly in this game. Both offenses had better take care of the ball well, and put points up at every oppertunity. Snyder will be in deep in trouble if they have to play catch up in the second half. I think their only hope of scoring a lot of points quickly will be for Clay to break several long runs, and I just dont see that happening. He may get 2 or 3 at the most, but the rest of the Snyder O better be ready to step up and get 2 to 3 more in other ways, to take the some of Celina's focus off of Clay.

Since when is Celina a ball control offense? They get the ball and ram it down your throat, take it from you on defense and ram it down your throat again. Putting up the numbers they do, that's not ball control, that's a quick striking offense in my opinion.

GreenMachine
12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Dave Campbell is an idiot. He probably gets confused about lots of things. I agree that he is an idiot, but he finally got the score right. I like that he says that Eskew is the most talented on the field. The last time that someone else said that the talk was focused on someone else (Palacios RB), Whittington erupted for 250+ yards. Soooo, Quincey, they are once again saying that you are not the most talented :D

sinton66
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I think I can tell DC hasn't SEEN Cuero play yet.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Why are people bashing Dave Campbell? :confused:

Travis Stewart wrote the story! :mad:

Panther One
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree that he is an idiot, but he finally got the score right. I like that he says that Eskew is the most talented on the field. The last time that someone else said that the talk was focused on someone else (Palacios RB), Whittington erupted for 250+ yards. Soooo, Quincey, they are once again saying that you are not the most talented :D
In my opinion, Eskew won't even be the best QB on the field.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
the sophomore QB from Cuero is unbelievable, yall are set for 2 more years!

CelinaProud
12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Dave Campbell is an idiot. He probably gets confused about lots of things.

Personally, I use to think Dave Campbell was/is an idiot as well, but I dunno, I'm coming around to his way of thinking lately :devil:

NDFootball
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't think he's an idiot b/c of the scores he posted. I think he's an idiot b/c he makes stupid predictions in his magazine every year. :D

JT44
12-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
the sophomore QB from Cuero is unbelievable, yall are set for 2 more years!

I saw the passing yards from the cuero record

Tyler Arndt 2,292 23 td's
Dustin Eskew 2,947 yds passing ( I think I saw he ran about 600-700 yds this year)

anyway, Tyler's yards come from a pretty balanced offense and I don't think he's had more than 25-30 attempts in one game (BC)
Most games he throws about 12-17 passes.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 03:23 PM
carl padilla makes the rankings, and each class editor makes the predictons

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't think he's an idiot b/c of the scores he posted. I think he's an idiot b/c he makes stupid predictions in his magazine every year. :D
He's retired.

GreenMachine
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
the sophomore QB from Cuero is unbelievable, yall are set for 2 more years! I agree, he is unbelievable, and he better be because although we get back most of the offensive line and receiving corps, we will graduate all three of our tailbacks.

duckpluck
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
No matter what is predicted, someone is gonna think its stupid. It makes for great discussion.

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Since when is Celina a ball control offense? They get the ball and ram it down your throat, take it from you on defense and ram it down your throat again. Putting up the numbers they do, that's not ball control, that's a quick striking offense in my opinion.

They are primarily a rushing team, as is Snyder. Neither will come out throwing the ball often or deep. Both have the ability to break long runs and score quickly like that, but anybody that knows football knows a rushing attack isnt designed to score quickly, it just sometimes works out that way. Especially when your playing against a weak defense. Just because a team puts up a bunch of points doesnt mean their not a ball control offense. You can rack up a bunch of yards and points without ever breaking a long run or pass if you just keep moving the ball and playing good defense and getting the ball back in your offenses hands.
That's ball control whether you know it or not trojan37.

NDFootball
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's retired.

Then he's at fault for having a crappy staff running his magazine. Case closed. :cool: