PDA

View Full Version : OHH!!! Guess who's coming to Burnet...

KTJ
12-26-2003, 04:05 PM
So if you don't know, I referee high school basketball--mostly 4A and 5A boys Varsity. Very rarely do I get something smaller. But every now and then, the computer gives us games we wouldn't normally get.

So as I'm reviewing my referee schedule for the 2nd half of the season, I see the usually schools that I normally get. But this one caught my eye--the computer assigned me to do a Burnet Middle School game. I was laughing about it. Since I normally do Varsity, I never get the chance to ref middle school. But when I do, I jump on it. It's fun, the crowd is more involved, and the games are easy to do--no running really, you get to help the kids, and so on and so forth.

So for those Burnet poster with kids in the middle school, you'll get to see KTJ. I believe it's boys games. I usually wear my red, Gainesville Leopards wind breaker jacket everywhere I go. And me wearing that jacket has struck up all kinds of conversations. You think the Burnet people will have a problem with me wearing that? wink

kaorder1999
12-26-2003, 04:42 PM
KTJ:
So if you don't know, I referee high school basketball--mostly 4A and 5A boys Varsity. Very rarely do I get something smaller. But every now and then, the computer gives us games we wouldn't normally get.

So as I'm reviewing my referee schedule for the 2nd half of the season, I see the usually schools that I normally get. But this one caught my eye--the computer assigned me to do a Burnet Middle School game. I was laughing about it. Since I normally do Varsity, I never get the chance to ref middle school. But when I do, I jump on it. It's fun, the crowd is more involved, and the games are easy to do--no running really, you get to help the kids, and so on and so forth.

So for those Burnet poster with kids in the middle school, you'll get to see KTJ. I believe it's boys games. I usually wear my red, Gainesville Leopards wind breaker jacket everywhere I go. And me wearing that jacket has struck up all kinds of conversations. You think the Burnet people will have a problem with me wearing that? wink wearing the jacket could make things interesting

olddawggreen
12-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Welcome to Burnet! Although my middle school son decided not to play basketball this year, we still try to make some of the games to watch his classmates. Do you know what date you will be in Burnet? As far as the Gainesville wind breaker, wear it with pride. You had a team to be proud of. I doubt anyone would give you a hard time, unless Burnets opponent in the game your calling is Gainesville eek! :D . Hope to see you there.

kaorder1999
12-26-2003, 04:50 PM
olddawggreen:
Welcome to Burnet! Although my middle school son decided not to play basketball this year, we still try to make some of the games to watch his classmates. Do you know what date you will be in Burnet? As far as the Gainesville wind breaker, wear it with pride. You had a team to be proud of. I doubt anyone would give you a hard time, unless Burnets opponent in the game your calling is Gainesville eek! :D . Hope to see you there.nobody would give him a hard time...youve got to be kidding....

poncho
12-26-2003, 05:16 PM
kaorder1999:

olddawggreen:
Welcome to Burnet! Although my middle school son decided not to play basketball this year, we still try to make some of the games to watch his classmates. Do you know what date you will be in Burnet? As far as the Gainesville wind breaker, wear it with pride. You had a team to be proud of. I doubt anyone would give you a hard time, unless Burnets opponent in the game your calling is Gainesville eek! :D . Hope to see you there.nobody would give him a hard time...youve got to be kidding....KTJ will be just fine..But if you were to come then you'd better watchout. Just/kidding. :cool: :D

olddawggreen
12-26-2003, 11:44 PM
kaorder1999:

olddawggreen:
Welcome to Burnet! Although my middle school son decided not to play basketball this year, we still try to make some of the games to watch his classmates. Do you know what date you will be in Burnet? As far as the Gainesville wind breaker, wear it with pride. You had a team to be proud of. I doubt anyone would give you a hard time, unless Burnets opponent in the game your calling is Gainesville eek! :D . Hope to see you there.nobody would give him a hard time...youve got to be kidding....Of coarse Im kidding goober!

Old Dog
12-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Shoot, half the town may come out to see if you're as good a ref as the boys are at football! LOL, just kidding of course, would really like to meet you. By the way, that's a pretty long haul for a middle school ref job is it not?

KTJ
12-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Burnet has always been in our area. The only other chapter that they would maybe use would be the Temple/Killeen chapter. I hope you guys serve food!!!

Old Dog:
Shoot, half the town may come out to see if you're as good a ref as the boys are at football! LOL, just kidding of course, would really like to meet you. By the way, that's a pretty long haul for a middle school ref job is it not?