PDA

View Full Version : # of Record Holders that are Coaches Kids?

olddog73
10-15-2003, 09:03 AM
I think it would be interesting to know how many of the State record holders also had dads that were coaches?

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
This is not a get down on coaches kids topic is it?

olddog73
10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
olddawggreen:
This is not a get down on coaches kids topic is it?Olddawggreen, I am in no way getting down on coaches kids, at the highschool level, many times they are truley some of our best atheletes. I am not basing this question on the daddyball little league/ peewee football wannabe coaches that we have all had experiences with as our kids have grown up. I am talking about kids that have dads that have been proffessionally trained as coaches and in many cases have played college ball. Its been my experience that many high school coaches have kids that play and excel in their events. Many times they seem much more dedicated and focused than others. I would just be curious to know what percentage of the state record holders actually had dads that were high school or even jr. high school coaches. I know this would take some real research to get a total percentage, but Im sure there are some people out there that have knowledge of some of them.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: olddog73 ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-15-2003, 01:07 PM
olddog73:

olddawggreen:
This is not a get down on coaches kids topic is it?Olddawggreen, I am in no way getting down on coaches kids, at the highschool level, many times they are truley some of our best atheletes. I am not basing this question on the daddyball little league/ peewee football wannabe coaches that we have all had experiences with as our kids have grown up. I am talking about kids that have dads that have been proffessionally trained as coaches and in many cases have played college ball. Its been my experience that many high school coaches have kids that play and excel in their events. Many times they seem much more dedicated and focused than others. I would just be curious to know what percentage of the state record holders actually had dads that were high school or even jr. high school coaches. I know this would take some real research to get a total percentage, but Im sure there are some people out there that have knowledge of some of them.Wasn't John Elway's dad his high school coach?

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

olddawggreen
10-15-2003, 02:25 PM
I think you might be right puddlugger. Im not sure where you would go to research something like this, but it is an interesting question.

Hottogo
10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Jordon Shipley is one!

JasperDog94
10-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Hottogo:
Jordon Shipley is one!Who's that? :p

olddawggreen
10-15-2003, 03:54 PM
I am not really sure who all the record holders are at this point. I may have to check out Dave Cambell's site to brush up on it.