PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back, T.O.!!

Maroon87
12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
T.O. irritated by Keyshawn's assertions about current team
ESPN.com news services

Terrell Owens, unusually quiet this season, but never at a loss for words when the occasion required it, responded forcefully Wednesday to comments made last weekend by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Keyshawn Johnson, now an analyst on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown."

On the show, Johnson said he believed former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells -- now also an analyst with ESPN -- deserves credit for what the Dallas team looks like now, with a 12-1 record.

In Dallas, Owens sharply criticized Johnson for defending Parcells, saying, "I challenge him to come down here and take my job. ESPN producers, let him go."

Asked in the locker room why Johnson would take the position he did Sunday, Owens said: "I'm probably the reason he's in the booth now. He's going to be a hater and throw me under the bus because he has to defend Bill. He won a Super Bowl and all, but you'd have to check the roster to know he was even on the team.

"We came out in the same year. He was a first-rounder and I was a third. Go compare our stats. He couldn't come down here now and be a third or fourth receiver on this team. Just compare our stats."

Owens swung between addressing the Cowboys-as-built-by-Parcells theory and responding to Johnson's comments.

"It's not a matter of me giving or not giving Bill credit," Owens said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "Everybody wants to make a big deal, that this is the team he built. It doesn't matter. ... My thing is give credit to Wade [Phillips]. The difference between Wade and Parcells is this: Parcells, he didn't use me as a playmaker; Wade, he got the staff, and that's what I'm being used as.

"Plain and simple, without trying to be negative or anything. I'm being used as a playmaker, and as I said, the proof is in the pudding."

And then back to delivering a verbal barrage at Johnson:

"Those guys are probably talking about me, chopping it up, drinking coffee," Owens said. "They can have their little pity party and talk about me all day long. It doesn't bother me. There's a lot of people on the ESPN panel and across the country that has observed what has happened this year versus last year. And there's a lot of people that just don't want to give credit for what Wade has done and what wasn't done last year. That's it. I'm not trying to be negative."

Emerson1
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
%100 right. If parcells is still coaching this team they are fighting for a wild card spot

S_Tex_3A_Fan
12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I can't stand TO but he is right. He has done a pretty good job kepping his mouth shut and keeping the antics to a minimum. I enjoyed the letter he wrote praising the coaches. Go to his web site he really isn't all that bad of a guy he does a lot for charity and is the celbrity chair person for the ALZEHIMERS ASSOCIATION. That is a wonderful cause to be involved with.

King_LeYoeNidas
12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
how can you say "welcome back?" He spoke the truth. Get over it.

Maroon87
12-12-2007, 07:00 PM
The one big difference I noticed is that he is defending the team instead of dividing the team in this case.

Maroon87
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
how can you say "welcome back?" He spoke the truth. Get over it.

It was a joke, dude. Touchy much?

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
It amazes me how people try to say T.O. is worse then Randy Moss

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Pretty sweet :clap:

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
did anybody see Keyshawn on sportscenter they had to bleep out some of the stuff he said

Maroon87
12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
did anybody see Keyshawn on sportscenter they had to bleep out some of the stuff he said

He's probably still ticked because the Cowboys released him in order to sign T.O.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
%100 right. If parcells is still coaching this team they are fighting for a wild card spot

yep!

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Maroon87
All-American

Member #: 3903

Originally posted by Maroon87
It was a joke, dude. Touchy much?

Sounds a little more like Houston hating than a joke!

NDFootball
12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He's probably still ticked because the Cowboys released him in order to sign T.O.

He was a great posession guy but he had the breakaway speed of a pet rock. I would almost bet Jason Witten is faster than he was.

I didn't see the original comments Keyshawn made but I would imagine they were bad if Owens commented back like that. He is right though...Parcells brought in better talent but to set them up but he couldn't do anything with it so why should he deserve the credit? He also knew Tony Romo was going to keep progressing yet he still chose to quit anyways. His coaching philosophy is old and outdated and nothing would've changed this year had he remained head coach. Dallas would be 6-7 or 7-6 right now.

SintonFan
12-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I hope coach Wade is better than we all thought he would be with him being part of the 14-2 San Diego Charger's staff last year(playoffs coming up and all). I hope Garrett is next year's head coach just in case... :nerd:

SpeedOption
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Owens is right. Wade does deserve a lot of credit. But Bill put some of the pieces there, Owens being one of them. Owens is still looking for numbers, HIS numbers for the HOF. But Meshaun cant play with Owens. I dont think Johnson has added anything to the program. he seems to be a good athlete who really dont know a lot about the game. Way less then the other people on the panel. He might beat out Boomer because he played. Wade has done a great job this year. But lets not forget would the Cowboys have gone to the NFC championship game with Bill if Romo dont drop it? Bill did do some good things. Aint like the Cowboys were 2-14 last year. Yhere there is also a lot of differences now. Number 1 is Jason Garrett as the OC. Johnson is shooting off his mouth for coverage,his own. He still has things to prove. I agree with the pet rock speed. And Owens has 2x as many TD's in the same years as Johnson. 64-128 Johnson knows THAT will not get HIM into the Hall. And as Owens said " He was a number 1 pick I was a 3rd rounder" Sounds like a Tom Bradyism "I was a 6th round pick"

NDFootball
12-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
Owens is right. Wade does deserve a lot of credit. But Bill put some of the pieces there, Owens being one of them. Owens is still looking for numbers, HIS numbers for the HOF. But Meshaun cant play with Owens. I dont think Johnson has added anything to the program. he seems to be a good athlete who really dont know a lot about the game. Way less then the other people on the panel. He might beat out Boomer because he played. Wade has done a great job this year. But lets not forget would the Cowboys have gone to the NFC championship game with Bill if Romo dont drop it? Bill did do some good things. Aint like the Cowboys were 2-14 last year. Yhere there is also a lot of differences now. Number 1 is Jason Garrett as the OC. Johnson is shooting off his mouth for coverage,his own. He still has things to prove. I agree with the pet rock speed. And Owens has 2x as many TD's in the same years as Johnson. 64-128 Johnson knows THAT will not get HIM into the Hall. And as Owens said " He was a number 1 pick I was a 3rd rounder" Sounds like a Tom Bradyism "I was a 6th round pick"

I agree with everything but Big Tuna putting Owens on the Cowboys. He wouldn't even call Owens by his name...he just called him "the player." He didn't want Owens there.

BullsFan
12-12-2007, 11:26 PM
You know, I kind of like the fact that out of all the crap that TO has managed to ignore this year (including stuff that's gone on on the field), it took a swipe at his coach to get him to come out swinging. Good for him.

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
%100 right. If parcells is still coaching this team they are fighting for a wild card spot word

GUNHO
12-13-2007, 08:33 AM
I thought Johnson was out of line with his remarks toward TO.He kept telling TO to,"let it go".When he finished Emmit looked at Johnson and said "let it go" with a smile.:D

buff4ever
12-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Here is my take, same as some with a few additions. Parcells deserves SOME credit for putting together the talent on the team, but not that much. To he/she who said he brought in TO, I don't think so, I am pretty sure that was jones' idea. I don't think parcells liked it at all, which is why HE DIDN'T USE TO. Jason Garrett has been huge, and Wade is getting the most out of this defense. I look for Wade to focus on getting some defensive studs this next off season. PARCELLS was well past his prime and didn't use TO out of spite.

It is obvious that Johnson has hard feelings with TO, and TO is not a bad person at all, he just has to talk and act with a chip on his shoulders all the time. I wish he wouldn't do that, but he is a heck of a receiver when he is catching the ball. TO isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he is a heck of an asset to this cowboy team right now. We will need to get a great prospect receiver soon as well to go with witten, cause TO can't play forever.

If this is the worse thing that TO says all year, I will love it; b/c I technically agree with his angle for this team and this coaching staff. For those who want to give Parcells ALL the credit, ask yourself if we could have scored enough points in some of the games we needed to if PARCELLS was coaching this team this year. THE ANSWER IS NOOOOOO!

King_LeYoeNidas
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
it was Jones who wanted Owens.

As much as Johnson wants to CLAIM to play nice guy, he's more playing devil's advocate. Keyshawn since responded back at Owens saying that Owens needs to grow up and if he (T.O.) can't understand what he was trying to say, next time he'll use more elementary terms.

Macarthur
12-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
I thought Johnson was out of line with his remarks toward TO.He kept telling TO to,"let it go".When he finished Emmit looked at Johnson and said "let it go" with a smile.:D

I agree. keyshawn is the one out of line here. He's always had an inflated opinion of himself. Good WR, but not as good as he thinks he is.

TO is 100% in the right on this one.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
it was Jones who wanted Owens.

As much as Johnson wants to CLAIM to play nice guy, he's more playing devil's advocate. Keyshawn since responded back at Owens saying that Owens needs to grow up and if he (T.O.) can't understand what he was trying to say, next time he'll use more elementary terms.

:doh: Who the hell does Keyshawn think he is anyway to tell ANYONE what they need to stop doing? :rolleyes: Crazy. He sounded like a big baby, "leave the man alone" I guess I haven't been paying too much attention b/c I didn't realize TO had been harrassing Bill Parcells. :confused:

King_LeYoeNidas
12-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: Who the hell does Keyshawn think he is anyway to tell ANYONE what they need to stop doing? :rolleyes: Crazy. He sounded like a big baby, "leave the man alone" I guess I haven't been paying too much attention b/c I didn't realize TO had been harrassing Bill Parcells. :confused:

I really don't like you agreeing with me. FYI.
:cool:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I really don't like you agreeing with me. FYI.
:cool: I really don't care. Feel better?

King_LeYoeNidas
12-13-2007, 01:10 PM
only because you responded.

Maroon87
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Maroon87
All-American

Member #: 3903

Sounds a little more like Houston hating than a joke!

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. If you've paid attention over the years, you know I'm as big a Cowboy fan as there is. But don't let that ruin your theory.