PDA

View Full Version : Waco Tribune

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Talk about lack of class. The Trib built last weeks game of CS vs Lavega being "Snobs vs Thugs". From what I hear a China Spring person wrote a letter that was published in the paper talking about how China kids were better then Lavega.

I saw a sign that said "Let's go thugs" at the game and now I know what they meant

boudreaux
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I found this in the waco trib.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/julie222259/lavega.jpg

eagle40
12-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
I found this in the waco trib.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/julie222259/lavega.jpg

are those lavega fans calling themselves thugs or china kids making fun of lv?

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by eagle40
are those lavega fans calling themselves thugs or china kids making fun of lv? La Vega fans calling themselves thugs out of sarcasam because CS called them thugs all week and the article in waco trib

Old Tiger
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM
In Waco....

CS = Southlake
La Vega = South Oak Cliff

To give perspective.

Daddy D 11
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
if thats they way each community acts, then so be it.

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I found this on another message board -

"Member
(level 2 of 9)

Posted December 07, 2007 05:30 PM
Im tired of hearing all this mess about how LV thinks CS kids act like they are better than them. Here is my reason why im tired of it, CS kids ARE better.

#1 - CS has more discipline
#2 - CS has a higher percentage of kids pass TAKS
#3 - CS has a higher graduation rate, and no gettting your GED doesn't count as graduating
#4 - CS has a lower teen pregnancy rate
#5 - Unlike LV, some CS moms are unemployed by choice
#6 - CS sends graduates to places other than a place with "Junior College" or "Community College" in the title
#7 - CS only needs one cop on campus, and hes retired

Call CS snobby, arrogant, rich kids. Its all pretty much true. Personally I will take my Abercrobie and American Eagle over your Phat Farm and Sean John anyday."

3afan
12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
wow!

shackina
12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
3afan I think said it all... WOW

3afan
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
FYI on another board here is a Highland Park observation:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the Bulldogs but these are the facts:
1. Everman will be content on making it this far in the 4a playoffs...and for the record it is a great season.
2. Highland Park has been here and can smell the championship, these kids aren't content with anything, they always want more and that will factor in on how hard they play compared to the Everman kids.

gobbler grad
12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I found this on another message board -

sounds like a mad parent whose kid got his a$$ whipped by a kid from La Vega or something...:thinking:

ensig
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Talk about lack of class. The Trib built last weeks game of CS vs Lavega being "Snobs vs Thugs". From what I hear a China Spring person wrote a letter that was published in the paper talking about how China kids were better then Lavega.

I saw a sign that said "Let's go thugs" at the game and now I know what they meant

No one from China Spring wrote into the paper before the article was published, it was all rumor and set up by the tribune. The first mention on the "class" thing was from the paper themselves, afterwhich many upset members of the China Spring community wrote in.

Being from China Spring originally, I can tell you the whole community was outraged at the article and in no way supports the thoughts and implications of it. This was an ill-willed attempt at the tribune to sell papers by dividing two communities in an attempt to hype up the game. If you ask the vast majority of people from CS, or la vega for that matter, they will tell you that the article is complete bs.(with the exceptions of a few from each side that decided to drink the koolaide given out by the paper)

When the article came out, the superintendent from both CS and La Vega immdiately contacted each other and the paper and had another article written in order to calm the fire.

Even after the game, the head coach for CS (Mark Bell) wouldnt hold an interview or answer qestions from the paper because of the below the belt article.

In all, its very sad that in this day and age a local paper had to stoop to this level to sell papers, and neither community (la vega or CS) is in compliance or happy about it.

trojan37
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
My mom works with a lady from China who was at the game, and she told my mom that at a Waco Trib sportswriter tried to go and interview Coach Bell after the game, and he told them to get out of his face and that all they did was stir up a bunch of crap between LV and China. That article about " Thugs vs. Snobs" really did it. That guy is going to catch a lot of bs on that one.

3afan
12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
i find it hard to believe the paper would make that up just to sell papers .... what would they sell, 20 extra papers? woohoo - thats $10.00

it had to come from someone ...

Matthew328
12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI on another board here is a Highland Park observation:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for the Bulldogs but these are the facts:
1. Everman will be content on making it this far in the 4a playoffs...and for the record it is a great season.
2. Highland Park has been here and can smell the championship, these kids aren't content with anything, they always want more and that will factor in on how hard they play compared to the Everman kids.

This got a chuckle from me....I don't think that guy has any clue how hard Everman plays

ensig
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i find it hard to believe the paper would make that up just to sell papers .... what would they sell, 20 extra papers? woohoo - thats $10.00

it had to come from someone ...

and you my friend are the type that would have drank the waco-trib koolaide and adds fuel to a useless fire

if you find that hard to believe, then wouldnt you also find it hard to believe that a person would write into the paper unprevoked in order to belittle another community for no reason.... ? one thing can be made up just as easy as another... and i thought the high school kids themselves had enough rumors in house to deal with w/out adding rumors from from "mature" adults

i was hoping that this would just wash out in the wake of the lv game and be put in the back burner and forgotten as it should be. as you will see on sat cs play with pride and class, win or lose. cuero will be treated with the respect they have earned over the years as a top-notch program in the state. i only hope that incompetent things such as this article do not overshadow the respect cs is trying to gain as well.

Good luck to both teams

Mace Griffin
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Its just weird how this comes out I seriously doubt its all made up. CS has a history of thinking their better then the communities around them.

formermbcouns
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
The hype must have worked some. There was a ton of people there, including myself. I heard there were 18,000 at the game.

Mace Griffin
12-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
The hype must have worked some. There was a ton of people there, including myself. I heard there were 18,000 at the game. I heard from some friends it was the most packed they had seen at a 3a game at Floyd Casey

3afan
12-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
This got a chuckle from me....I don't think that guy has any clue how hard Everman plays

he dont have a clue - period

3afan
12-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ensig
....you also find it hard to believe that a person would write into the paper unprevoked in order to belittle another community for no reason.... ? ...

no, that I very well believe could happen, and probably did .... and if it did then dont accuse the paper of making stuff up to sell papers ... it DID come from someone

;)

NastySlot
12-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
In Waco....

CS = Southlake
La Vega = South Oak Cliff

To give perspective.

your kidding....CS=Southlake............China Springs is maybe like Southlake 20 years ago...parts pretty rural and some so close to waco...their in waco.........China Springs is a "White Flight" town and has pretty much remained White...the people of China Springs are good hard working class people...some have money but not Southlake money.....they take a lot pride in their community which is centered around the school.

eagles_victory
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
your kidding....CS=Southlake............China Springs is maybe like Southlake 20 years ago...parts pretty rural and some so close to waco...their in waco.........China Springs is a "White Flight" town and has pretty much remained White...the people of China Springs are good hard working class people...some have money but not Southlake money.....they take a lot pride in their community which is centered around the school. I think he meant as far as their reputations with the other schools they play.

NastySlot
12-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think he meant as far as their reputations with the other schools they play.

oh i see......didn't intend to offend him....im not from cs...but my family has land in the area.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
wow!

and as for the everman thing, don't they know everman has more titles than hp in the last 50 years?

or last 5?