PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Projected draft picks...

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
ESPN INSIDER By Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

21. Dallas Cowboys (from 7-5 Cleveland)
Current record: 11-1
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: S, OT, WR
Projected pick: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
Sweed is the most naturally gifted receiver in the 2008 class if healthy. Unfortunately, the homegrown product's senior season was cut short by a wrist injury. Although durability is a concern, some team could get a steal in the bottom-half of the first round if Sweed returns to form as expected. Owner Jerry Jones has never been one to shy away from risks.

31. Dallas Cowboys
Current record: 11-1
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: S, OT, WR
Projected pick: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
The Cowboys can use this pick to bolster their offensive line depth after selecting a wide receiver (Sweed) earlier in the round. Cherilus has struggled in his first year on the left side and in a new system. A team patient enough to rebuild his confidence -- which probably includes moving him back to ROT -- could reap the rewards.

Macarthur
12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Two absolutely awful picks.

#1 - Sweed is overrated. He will not be able to get seperation in the NFL. He has Mike Williams written all over him. The only thing that will change my mind is if he runs well at the combine.

#2 - Word is JJ will resign Flozell. That takes OT off the board, especially given that they drafted 2 last year.

Most likely, their first round picks will be the positions CB, S, WR or RB.

TxAthlete
12-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07

Owner Jerry Jones has never been one to shy away from risks.

[/B]

Dont remember passing up Randy Moss for an OT/TE whatever he was?

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TxAthlete
Dont remember passing up Randy Moss for an OT/TE whatever he was? they picked Greg Ellis when they passed on Moss

Old Tiger
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Boston College puts out great NFL lineman. they are considered OL U.

Do yall also remember how the Cowboys took "Toast" Williams over Ed Reed?

txrangers
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
They need to look at a young back up QB to Romo. You never know how long a QB will remain healthy in this league.

STANG RED
12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by txrangers
They need to look at a young back up QB to Romo. You never know how long a QB will remain healthy in this league.
True, but Romo seldom takes any punishment like some QBs in the league do. They could probably fill their need for a backup QB with a trade for a seasoned player right now. As long as Romo is elusive and has good protection like he presently has, he should have a lot of years. I dont see them needing a top quality young QB from the draft for several years yet.

Macarthur
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by txrangers

I certainly don't have a problem taking a flyer in the 6th or 7th if they think someone has slipped.

However, I just find no justification for using anything sooner. QB is such a crap shoot anyway. I think they have many other needs ahead of a project QB.

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I think Eric Ainge would make a good backup QB in the 6th or 7th round but I agree just get veterans to backup Romo no need to waste a draft pick on it

wedo
12-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I dont think they should pick up a WR in the first round, when its very obvious what their problems are. CB,S and then a WR, OL in a later round. IMO

Big Papa
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I dont think they should pick up a WR in the first round, when its very obvious what their problems are. CB,S and then a WR, OL in a later round. IMO

i dont think CB is a great need..once they get henry fully healthy..and newman for that matter they should be ok...after that i agree

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm ok with both of these picks, especially if Flozell doesn't return...which I think is a real possibility

NastySlot
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Limas Sweed....are you kidding me.....I'd only take him if he were the only receiver left in the draft.

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Limas Sweed....are you kidding me.....I'd only take him if he were the only receiver left in the draft.

Let me guess, you're either a die-hard Aggie fan or a die-hard Sooner fan.

Sweed would have been top ten talent if healthy.

TxAthlete
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they picked Greg Ellis when they passed on Moss

Looked it up, you were right. My mistake. Picked up Flozell Adams in the second round that year too. 1998 draft was stacked with a LOT of great players...