PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Your Biggest Bowl Season Upset

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Rashard Mendenhall (my favorite college player) and the #13 Illinois Fighting Illini will knock off the "untouchable" #4 USC Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

Anyone else have any potential upsets? Hawaii over Georgia, anyone? I dare you.

sweetwater07
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
i was thinking Hawaii over Georgia....

maybe Ohio State over LSU....doubtful, but that would be a HUGE upset

and yes i know, not according to the BCS, but i think most ppl see LSU over Ohio State in a poll

NDFootball
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Rashard Mendenhall (my favorite college player) and the #13 Illinois Fighting Illini will knock off the "untouchable" #4 USC Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

That would probably have the best odds.

Kansas over Va. Tech

:p why not?

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
WVU over OU

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
WVU over OU no a QB who cant take a hit wont do well vs OU. Plus the most unimproved player in college football probably wont do much

GreenGobbla
12-12-2007, 01:48 AM
hawaii over georgia

bigron15
12-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

Anyone else have any potential upsets? Hawaii over Georgia, anyone? I dare you.

i agree. u cant go against a QB who they call JUICE. Mendenhall is a great back.

piratebg
12-12-2007, 06:16 AM
I like Hawaii over Georgia. That would be awesome.

big daddy russ
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
In the BCS games, I think the best bet for an upset is Illinois over USC. With Georgia's speed, pass rush, ability to control the clock, and the way they've been playing recently, I don't see Hawaii upsetting the Dawgs.

Other potential upsets simply due to matchup problems include Michigan State over Boston College, Colorado over Bama, Florida State over Kentucky, Indiana over Okie State, Michigan over Florida, and Texas Tech over Virginia. All for various reasons.

Not saying these teams will win, but I do see them giving the other team a good game.

My biggest upset call, though, is Arkansas over Mizzou. Mizzou's defense reminds me of Auburn's... built on speed over size. That Arkie offense line will wreak havoc on the Mizzou d-line, Run DMC and Felix Jones will have career-type days on the ground, and Arkansas will keep Chase Daniel off the field and the Mizzou offense out of rhythm.

Hogs 30
Mizzou 21

I don't like Kansas at all, especially against a team that one-ups them in all of their strengths, and as good as the Buckeyes are, it would take a minor miracle for them to beat the BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

lynx_rufus
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I would be fairly certain that Hawaii over Georgia would upset the entire BCS.

It would leave a single undefeated Div I program.

It would be unamimous. The BCS is nice but cannot determine a Championship. So drop the C and all we are left with is BS.

Bowl Series (for the pirate ref) :D

trojan37
12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i was thinking Hawaii over Georgia....

maybe Ohio State over LSU....doubtful, but that would be a HUGE upset

and yes i know, not according to the BCS, but i think most ppl see LSU over Ohio State in a poll

I hear ya with the Hawaii-Georgia game because I am going with Hawaii as well. I am so sick of the BCS! I honestly believe that if a team plays D1 ball and ends the season undefeated, NO MATTER WHAT CONFERENCE THEY ARE IN, they should get a crack at the big dog. As I stated in a previous post and I will use my 2 references again, Boise State over OU last year, and Scratchurcrotchian St. over Michigan this year. Enough said. I think Hawaii pulls the upset in this one by wearing down the bulldog secondary.

WylieBulldog92
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I like the Arkansas pick, Russ.