PDA

View Full Version : DCTF....how did his pre-season rankings fare?

Ranger Mom
12-11-2007, 09:43 PM
1 Giddings
2 TLE
3 Snyder
4 Royse City
5 Liberty Hill
6 Celina
7 Gilmer
8 Graham
9 Ingleside
10 Robinson
11 Vernon
12 Kirbyville
13 Texarkana Pleasant Grove
14 Wimberley
15 Andrews
16 WOS
17 La Vernia
18 Pleasanton
19 Medina Valley
20 Midland Greenwood
21 Prosper
22 Cuero
23 Seminole
24 Abiline Wylie
25 Llano

#3 (Snyder) vs #6 (Celina)

#5 (Liberty Hill) vs #7 (Gilmer)

#22 (Cuero) vs unranked (China Springs)

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
LOL! Thanks, RM! :) Did you see the thing they did on their playoff picks? Let me find it.....

Ranger Mom
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Thanks, RM! :) Did you see the thing they did on their playoff picks? Let me find it.....

Not in a while...that will be interesting to "peruse" also!!

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 09:47 PM
DCTF a lot of times should lay off the cannabis.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
All classes 1A through 5A are included - link below.

Tracking the playoff predictions

12/11/2007
Back in mid November, we dared to go where few have gone before.

The so-called "expert" field of DCTF managing Jake Shaw, Carl Padilla of the Padilla Poll, and Jerry Forrest of Jerry's TXFB Ratings each picked every round of the playoffs and all 10 state champions in the UIL 11-man high school football playoffs.

With just two weeks left, it's time to take inventory of our original predictions, made on Nov. 14th.

Take a look below and see how smart (and in some cases, how short-sighted) we were with our predictions.

LEGEND:
-- Team in bold is the expert's predicted state champion
-- Number in (parentheses) is correct number of semifinalists/finalists the expert predicted

Class 3A Division I
Actual finalists: Gilmer, Liberty Hill
-- DCTF's Jake Shaw's predicted finalists: Royse City, Liberty Hill (1)
-- Padilla Poll's predicted finalists: Gilmer, Liberty Hill (2)
-- Jerry's TXFB Ratings' predicted finalists: Gilmer, Liberty Hill (2)
Jake Shaw's quick take: I was the only one not to correctly predict the two finalists. And I also regret not picking a Liberty Hill repeat. Meanwhile, Jerry and Padilla both have the finals right but with different predicted winners. I guess you could say bragging rights will be determined by this game.

Class 3A Division II
Actual semifinalists: Snyder, Celina, China Spring, Cuero
-- DCTF's Jake Shaw's predicted semifinalists: Snyder, Celina, La Vega, Cuero (3)
-- Padilla Poll's predicted semifinalists: Snyder, Celina, Giddings, Rio Hondo (2)
-- Jerry's TXFB Ratings' predicted semifinalists: Snyder, Celina, Giddings, Cuero (3)
Jake Shaw's quick take: I was the only one to pick against Giddings in Region III, and while I got that right, I still missed on China Spring taking the regional title. Both Jerry and I have our pick for state champ still alive (Celina), and looking back, I'm surprised that all of us agreed on Snyder. Not that Snyder came out of nowhere, but with Vernon, Graham and Argyle in that region, there were a lot of good choices.

DCTF link (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=33&url_article_id=1744&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

lakers
12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
throughout every classification they seemed to be pretty close to the actual turnouts...