PDA

View Full Version : BURNET VS GAINESVILLE FOR STATE

mr.leopard man
10-12-2003, 04:09 PM
WOULD BE A GREAT GAME.. IT MAY COME TRUE.. GAINESVILLE HAD GAVE UP 14 POINT HEADING TO WEEK 7..AND OFFENSE AVG 40 POINTS A GAME.. THEY HAVE THE D TO STOP BURNET. :D

espn1
10-12-2003, 04:12 PM
mr.leopard man:
WOULD BE A GREAT GAME.. IT MAY COME TRUE.. GAINESVILLE HAD GAVE UP 14 POINT HEADING TO WEEK 7..AND OFFENSE AVG 40 POINTS A GAME.. THEY HAVE THE D TO STOP BURNET. :D Forney might have something to say about that.

mr.leopard man
10-12-2003, 04:36 PM
nope sorry we killed them in a scrimmage 5-1 ..i know its scrimmage but give gainesville respect.. forney is good but forney has given up more points than gainesvilles defense. and we have played 2 4a schools and still gave up just 14 points all year

3afan
10-12-2003, 04:47 PM
if you're basing everything on how many points gainesville has given up then thats not a lot to hang your hat on ... those 4A schools are mediocre at best and the 3A teams you beat were a combined 0-15 before friday's games. 0-15. and zero emphasis should be given to a scrimmage. why? because it was a scrimmage.

hopefully both teams will still be around and it can be settled in a Reg II Div I title game.

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 05:23 PM
3afan:
if you're basing everything on how many points gainesville has given up then thats not a lot to hang your hat on ... those 4A schools are mediocre at best and the 3A teams you beat were a combined 0-15 before friday's games. 0-15. and zero emphasis should be given to a scrimmage. why? because it was a scrimmage.

hopefully both teams will still be around and it can be settled in a Reg II Div I title game.0-15 HAHAHAHA, I see why Gainsville is ranked so high beating all of those AWESOME teams!!!!!!!!!!

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
mr.leopard man:
nope sorry we killed them in a scrimmage 5-1 ..i know its scrimmage but give gainesville respect.. forney is good but forney has given up more points than gainesvilles defense. and we have played 2 4a schools and still gave up just 14 points all yearGainsville Schedule so far this season, with ranking from dpoll

4A-WichtaFalls Hirschi(142) W 34-0
Bonham (181) W 30-0
Lake Worth(114) W 36-7
4A- Burkburnett(95) W 40-7
Bridgeport(64) W 56-0

WOW eek! What a TOUGH schrdule gainsville has had!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

I dont see how gainsville is ranked so high

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Chief Woodman
10-12-2003, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3afan2K3:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by 3afan:
[qb]if you're basing everything on how many points gainesville has given up then thats not a lot to hang your hat on ... those 4A schools are mediocre at best and the 3A teams you beat were a combined 0-15 before friday's games. 0-15.[QUOTE]

I have not looked at all the records but if I am readin this correctly, this statement is in error. Bridgeport was not winless prior to the meeting with Gainsville.
That being said, the odds are against anyone being able to say which 4 teams in 3A will be in the 2 title games. There are just too many good teams, injuries can change things (who would have ever thought what happened to Lulings cross country would have happened?) and lucky breaks figure in also. If I were a gambling man I would bet money individualy against everyone in here that they CANNOT this week name those 4 teams. I would win close to 100% of the time.

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

MonkeyJoe
10-12-2003, 06:12 PM
ok leopard man, dont give us gainesville fans a bad name (lol)...it was a scrimmage, that means nothin, plus their 2 best players werent even there...we have to focus on V.A. right now, no burnet...were gonn have our hands full in 2 weeks with Celina, and then we have to make it past that dreaded 2nd round (that game always kills us), then we get to play in Texas Stadium (hell yeah)...Forney WATCH OUT !
yeah we have only given up 14 pts in 6games but based upon the teams we have played, it was expected...celina is the only teams that we should really give up any points against the rest of the season.

Keith7
10-12-2003, 06:17 PM
3afan2K3:

3afan:

hopefully both teams will still be around and it can be settled in a Reg II Div I title game.0-15 HAHAHAHA, I see why Gainsville is ranked so high beating all of those AWESOME teams!!!!!!!!!!you sure do know alot about losing

Wait your from forney so you know what losing is like this season..

that must suck to lose to a team that wasnt even around 2 years ago.. and what room does forney have to talk about playing mediocre 4a schools, i'm sure Mabank was a real nail biter

I dont see why you are going off on Gainesville so much i guess your still upset about how bad i killed you at madden

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

3afan2K3
10-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Keith, Forney plays real football teams and isnt scared to schedule a hard pre-district schedule like Gainsville who has to schedule team ranked in the 100's, unlike Forney who plays some of the top teams in 4A! Ya you beat me in madden by 7 POINTS but what about when I killed you in NCAA FOOTBALL 29-14, if you want a re-match in NCAA I'll be here all night unless your scared like Gainsville!!

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

b-townhottie06
10-12-2003, 09:01 PM
BURNETS average points are 49!
And the people we have played have average 9. So i do belive i have to say BURNET would win!