PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gruden to Michigan??

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I read a week ago on NFL Insider that Gruden is a potential replacement for Lloyd Carr at Michigan.

His Bucs are doing well in the NFC South. I can't really see this happening, but it's definitely possible.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I can see Gruden in a recruits house yelling and getting in the face of recruits parents forcing them to commit.

iknoweverything
12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
It will be Les Miles

Gobbla2001
12-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I can see Gruden in a recruits house yelling and getting in the face of recruits parents forcing them to commit.

LOL... that is freaking hilarious...

even funnier would be if he didn't yell at all but gave 'em that Gruden "chucky" look when they said "We're not sure if we want him to play at Michigan, why should we let our son play for you?"...

that guy is awesome... I watch every tampa bay game just to see his pissed face...

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
LOL... that is freaking hilarious...

even funnier would be if he didn't yell at all but gave 'em that Gruden "chucky" look when they said "We're not sure if we want him to play at Michigan, why should we let our son play for you?"...

that guy is awesome... I watch every tampa bay game just to see his pissed face...

HS Recruit: I don't know if Michigan is the place for me?

http://images.nfl.com/images/nfleurope/2003/08142003_john.jpg
Gruden: You gotta be kidding me! Bullcrap!

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
It will be Les Miles

That isn't a sure thing. He says he's still committed to LSU.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
HS Recruit: I don't know if Michigan is the place for me?

http://images.nfl.com/images/nfleurope/2003/08142003_john.jpg
Gruden: You gotta be kidding me! Bullcrap!

During the Texans/Bucs game he yelled at Luke McCown EVERY...SINGLE...TIME he went over to the sidelines. That guy is awesome!

iknoweverything
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
That isn't a sure thing. He says he's still committed to LSU.
\
Yeah and we all know how we can believe a college coach. He also was reported talking to Michigain and talking to Michigan alums. Plus he still has the buyout clause in his contract to go to michigain. Yeah hes gone.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
\
Yeah and we all know how we can believe a college coach. He also was reported talking to Michigain and talking to Michigan alums. Plus he still has the buyout clause in his contract to go to michigain. Yeah hes gone.

I'm not interested in your 'matter of fact' attitude on any topic. If you'd like to debate something, I'm all ears...but if all you want to do is act like you know everything, please go elsewhere.

lakers
12-11-2007, 07:31 PM
It will be Les Miles

Miles: 'I'll say it again, I'm going to be the coach at LSU'

Miles will not be the Michigan coach (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150159)

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I believe Miles - He will stay with LSU.

On the other hand, I believed Saban when he continually said he would stay at Miami.

iknoweverything
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not interested in your 'matter of fact' attitude on any topic. If you'd like to debate something, I'm all ears...but if all you want to do is act like you know everything, please go elsewhere.

Dude all i said was i think Miles will end up at Michigain chill out. You dont have to agree with me. I just stated my opinion.

lakers
12-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Dude all i said was i think Miles will end up at Michigain chill out. You dont have to agree with me. I just stated my opinion.

I think Miles stated his opinion on the topic. lol

Miles is not gonna be at Michigan (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150159)

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I believe Miles - He will stay with LSU.

On the other hand, I believed Saban when he continually said he would stay at Miami.

There's a difference.

Miles has repeated said he's committed to LSU.

When asked about the Alabama job, Saban kept saying "Right now, I'm the Miami Dolphins' Head Coach." He didn't back himself into a corner by using the phrase "Right now".

iknoweverything
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I think Miles stated his opinion on the topic. lol

Miles is not gonna be at Michigan (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150159)

So did Saban. He very well could stay at Lsu all im saying is that I think he will end up at Michigan. They are too good of a program to not have a coach locked up already and I think hes the man. They are just waiting till the NC is over with. If im wrong im wrong but i think that will happen.

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
There's a difference.

Miles has repeated said he's committed to LSU.

When asked about the Alabama job, Saban kept saying "Right now, I'm the Miami Dolphins' Head Coach." He didn't back himself into a corner by using the phrase "Right now".

I think he said at least a couple of times that he was not going to be the head coach at Alabama.

lakers
12-11-2007, 07:41 PM
There is no doubt in my mind, He will stay at LSU for next season...

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think he said at least a couple of times that he was not going to be the head coach at Alabama.

You're right. Then he flip flopped about 1,000 times before saying "Right now"...after that it was clear what his intentions were. That's the way I saw it, anyway.

lakers
12-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I dont know how many times he has to say that he is not leaving. Of course Saban went against his word and left, but I dont see that happenin with Miles. After all, he is fixin to play for a nat'l championship...

Phil C
12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
It won't be settled until Michigan hires a new coach.