PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hicks of China Spring

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
CS's all everything receiver/running back/DB who has been a star since a Freshman is rumored to be pretty banged up. I heard he wasnt going to play but now they say he might.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 05:57 PM
He he doesn't play or is not 100% kiss CS chances of going to state good bye. Keep up updated EV.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
He he doesn't play or is not 100% kiss CS chances of going to state good bye. Keep up updated EV.

Eskew had better look like Peyton Manning in this one. But not the Peyton that threw 6 INT's in one game. ;)

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
He he doesn't play or is not 100% kiss CS chances of going to state good bye. Keep up updated EV. my thoughts exactly. I mean they have other recievers but Hicks opens up the field for everyone else. From when I have seen them I would put it like this Hicks is Chinas T.O. Some times he will have huge games and then sometimes like on Sunday where Detroit stopped T.O. but left Witten open. Sometimes people will try to lock down on Hicks and everyone else will be open

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Eskew had better look like Peyton Manning in this one. But not the Peyton that threw 6 INT's in one game. ;) Eskew reminds me of a Peyton Manning style QB but with more mobility. Of course hes not near as good but he plays HS QB like Peyton plays NFL. Again dont misquote me Peyton is way better lol but Dustin is good

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Do they have a backup RB that can step up if Hicks isn't productive?

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Eskew reminds me of a Peyton Manning style QB but with more mobility. Of course hes not near as good but he plays HS QB like Peyton plays NFL. Again dont misquote me Peyton is way better lol but Dustin is good When you get pressure on Eskew he goes to making mistakes like Manning.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Do they have a backup RB that can step up if Hicks isn't productive? Hicks is a WR who has over 1000 yards receiving and plays RB some and has like 500 yards rushing.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Hicks is a WR who has over 1000 yards receiving and plays RB some and has like 500 yards rushing.

WR...RB..whatever. lol

Do they have other options at those positions? Quality options?

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM
WR...RB..whatever. lol

Do they have other options at those positions? Quality options? They probably do but no one to the talent level or speed of Hicks. That kid is a stud. I think he has had 1000 yards each year since his freshmen year. He is now a junior.

Gobbla2001
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Where'd you get this from?

I remember once helping to fuel a rumor that a player was injured so it'd get people's hopes up lol..

play or no play, China Spring didn't get past LV and to this point riding just one player... I've read their stats and they have something that crushed Cuero in the '04 State Championship and in the '05 semis: a QB very good at running the ball when the receivers are covered and the pressure is coming...

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I remember once helping to fuel a rumor that a player was injured so it'd get people's hopes up lol..

play or no play, China Spring didn't get past LV and to this point riding just one player... I've read their stats and they have something that crushed Cuero in the '04 State Championship and in the '05 semis: a QB very good at running the ball when the receivers are covered and the pressure is coming... why would I make something like that up? Eskew really isnt good at running he just runs enough to kind of keep the defense honest.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
play or no play, China Spring didn't get past LV and to this point riding just one player...

No, but Hicks's absence will definitely close up some lanes for China Spring's offense.

It's like the Texans losing AJ or the Titans losing Haynesworth, but on the High School level. Makes a BIG difference.

Texans and Titans both played miserably when those guys missed games.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
why would I make something like that up? Eskew really isnt good at running he just runs enough to kind of keep the defense honest.
He might not run that much, but when I watched him last year, he could twist and turn out of tackles very well.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM

play or no play, China Spring didn't get past LV and to this point riding just one player... I've read their stats and they have something that crushed Cuero in the '04 State Championship and in the '05 semis: a QB very good at running the ball when the receivers are covered and the pressure is coming... When CS needs a play Hicks is the guy on 3rd and long and other situations.

Gobbla2001
12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
why would I make something like that up? Eskew really isnt good at running he just runs enough to kind of keep the defense honest.

I don't think that you would, just wondering where you got it from and if you could pass on the source...

doesn't matter if he's good at running or not... his yardage shows me that he's not afraid to tuck it in and stroll some yards when passing is not an option... his rushing yardage is good for a QB who has so many passing yards...

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't think that you would, just wondering where you got it from and if you could pass on the source...

doesn't matter if he's good at running or not... his yardage shows me that he's not afraid to tuck it in and stroll some yards when passing is not an option... his rushing yardage is good for a QB who has so many passing yards... its on centexfootball but china people are saying hes ok but not much else so i dont know. CS is already short on a reciever who got carried off on a stretcher Saturday

PHS Wildcats
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I went to the CS/LaVega game and for some reason the entire 2nd half he was holding his chest and rib area, but still performed like a stud.

Just wondering... How is #5 doing he got hit pretty hard and was carried off the field on a stretcher. Is he any better and will he play?

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I went to the CS/LaVega game and for some reason the entire 2nd half he was holding his chest and rib area, but still performed like a stud.

Just wondering... How is #5 doing he got hit pretty hard and was carried off the field on a stretcher. Is he any better and will he play? He had a mild concussion but I think he is ok. Not sure if he will play this week or not

boudreaux
12-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Possible shoulder seperation. Mild but he will play.

CHSfan
12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
are we forsure that he is going to be playing this week?? or not??

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 09:19 PM
he probably will play this week

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
are we forsure that he is going to be playing this week?? or not??

he's playing...

CHSfan
he probably will play this week

ok but he is not going to be back 100% after that!

eagles_victory
Originally posted by CHSfan
ok but he is not going to be back 100% after that! Mike Hicks pisses excellence he will be fine

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Mike Hicks pisses excellence he will be fine

sometimes he even pisses urine

CHSfan
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
sometimes he even pisses urine

haha :D

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
sometimes he even pisses urine It is going to take a huge game out of Hicks and Eskew for CS to have a chance but I think both will play great but it wont be enough. But I hope Im wrong and CS wins it. Would be nice to say we only lost to a state finalist by 14 points

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
It is going to take a huge game out of Hicks and Eskew for CS to have a chance but I think both will play great but it wont be enough. But I hope Im wrong and CS wins it. Would be nice to say we only lost to a state finalist by 14 points

you're from CS?

hell I think the game will be closer than that...

CHSfan
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
you're from CS?

hell I think the game will be closer than that...

naw that is about right..us by 14!!.... :P

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
you're from CS?

hell I think the game will be closer than that... No I meant if CS wins and makes it to state they only beat us (Fairfield) by 14.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
No I meant if CS wins and makes it to state they only beat us (Fairfield) by 14.

ohhhhh ha... as always I wasn't paying full attention...

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I think Cuero wins I just dont think Cs has enough good players in the end to make it any farther. Like I said im pulling for CS all the way (regional bias and we played them) but I just think Cuero presents matchup problems across the board for CS.

Cuero 35
China Spring 24

Watch out for Frenchy the CS kicker in a close game one of the better kickers Ive seen.

trojan37
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I know he hasn't played much this year, but Eskew's backup is Shawn Bell's little brother. I bet you he will be one to watch in a couple of years.