PDA

View Full Version : Crabtree reaches 'unanimous consensus' All-America status

kepdawg
12-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Texas Tech WR Crabtree reaches 'unanimous consensus' All-America status
3:19 PM Tue, Dec 11, 2007 | Permalink
Brandon George E-mail News tips

Texas Tech redshirt freshman wide receiver Michael Crabtree of Carter was named to the Associated Press’ All-America first-team Tuesday.

Crabtree, who leads the nation with 125 receptions for 1,861 yards and 21 touchdowns, became a “unanimous consensus” All-American because he was named to all five All-America teams recognized by the NCAA: the Associated Press, The Sporting News, Football Writers Association of America, American Football Coaches Association and Walter Camp Football Foundation. The AP team was the last one to be released.

Last week, Crabtree became the first freshman and first Big 12 player to win the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to the nation’s top receiver.

LINK (http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/texas_tech_wr_crabtree_reaches_unanimous.html)

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Texas Tech WR Crabtree reaches 'unanimous consensus' All-America status
3:19 PM Tue, Dec 11, 2007 | Permalink
Brandon George E-mail News tips

Texas Tech redshirt freshman wide receiver Michael Crabtree of Carter was named to the Associated Press’ All-America first-team Tuesday.

Crabtree, who leads the nation with 125 receptions for 1,861 yards and 21 touchdowns, became a “unanimous consensus” All-American because he was named to all five All-America teams recognized by the NCAA: the Associated Press, The Sporting News, Football Writers Association of America, American Football Coaches Association and Walter Camp Football Foundation. The AP team was the last one to be released.

Last week, Crabtree became the first freshman and first Big 12 player to win the Biletnikoff Award, given annually to the nation’s top receiver.

LINK (http://colleges.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/texas_tech_wr_crabtree_reaches_unanimous.html)

It's players like this that make me wish Freshman and Sophomores were eligible for the NFL Draft.

Big Papa
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
It's players like this that make me wish Freshman and Sophomores were eligible for the NFL Draft.

why...what side are you looking at this from

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
why...what side are you looking at this from

From the kid's side. Crabtree is an amazing talent at WR, and it would also be entertaining to see what some of these 19 and 20 year olds could bring to the NFL game.

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

I agree - I am a Texas fan though and just dont want to see him shred the Horn secondary next year.