PDA

View Full Version : The Crow's Grill - Now serving Diboll

spiveyrat
10-24-2003, 10:19 PM
But you don't have to take a whole serving cause you guys are just about as tough as MOST of you said you were... EXCEPT the creator of the "Diboll 53 Jasper 7" thread. YOU get to take a dozen home! :D Good game Jax! Look out 20-3A! eek!

My prediction was WAAAAY off this week!

Jasper 22 Diboll 15 FINAL

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

j_dog
10-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Jackk shouldn't have to eat any. He was nice and posted the scores all night. Thanks. :cool:

turbostud
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
You gotta love it when crow is served. :D

Bulldog92
10-24-2003, 10:29 PM
We'll have to go easy on some of the Diboll folks...especially the ones that are still around tomorrow. I have a feeling that the ones talking all the smack will go into hiding til next year.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Well let me speak on my behalf. My brother Corey Jones plays for Diboll of couse he will be backing the Diboll crew 100% :p he loves to tease an rowl up the folks on here, it was close enough an i just cant help but wonder if we would have pulled off that 4th an inches to win the game. It would be a diffrent story an half of gods creation would have been on some god awful thread. I believe this so called "crow" deserves nobody because of the game itself it could have gone either way. Anyways congrads to both teams playing heart an soul till the final tic* 0:00

bevo
10-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Yep...although school is out tomorrow, if we hear from them it may be Monday when school is back in session. That way they can all gang back up together...but either way, the crow will be a little tougher...

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-24-2003, 10:48 PM
keep your crow to yourself if diboll would have won jasper would have enough 'crow' to eat till next year :) it was a good enough close enough game leave it at that.

mechanic
10-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Could have , should have, beaten by one point or 50 makes no difference you did not win Jasper did. Deal with it for another year. :D

bevo
10-24-2003, 11:27 PM
mechanic:
Could have , should have, beaten by one point or 50 makes no difference you did not win Jasper did. Deal with it for another year. :D Just got back on...and couldn't said it better myself, mechanic!

mistanice
10-25-2003, 01:04 AM
ahhhhhh, well what a game. best game ive seen this year. I just cant believe how outsized we were. I got to the game, and i took a glance at jaspers d-line and seen 2 monsters. I was like its going to be a long night. Our guys played tough like i thought they would. Jasper was held to no points in the 2nd half. Diboll scored once each half. Turned out to be a really good game for those who didnt make it. After this game, I really think we have one of the toughest, if not the toughest 3a districts in the state.

mistanice
10-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Man, What happened to the guy who was saying we wouldnt score on the first string defense!?! I believe we were the first ones to score lol. and last one too. a question to jasper fans, what did you think after actually watching D-town play? Have you guys ever been shutout in the 2nd half? Man whats that defensive lineman doing running the ball, they call him cook! :) He's a handful, I think the defense did a good job keeping him on check when we needed to.

bevo
10-25-2003, 01:33 AM
mistanice...you guys played tough. I commend the Jacks football team and the coaching staff for a well played and well coached game. They deserve the credit. Welcome back here on the board...and good luck to the Jacks on the rest of the season.

snowsnake
10-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
keep your crow to yourself if diboll would have won jasper would have enough 'crow' to eat till next year :) it was a good enough close enough game leave it at that.Sounds like sour grapes (crow) to me. The big statement is "If Diboll had won". Didn't happen, isn't likely to anytime in the near future. Diboll was lucky the DAWGS that beat Newton didn't show up. Jasper played just good enough to beat a mediocre, dirty playing, cheap shot (#20) bunch of punks that had to do their hitting after the whistle was blown. They put in a poor performance and got the results to show for it. Take your loss like a man. Maybe your team will learn something from your example.

GO DAWGS!!!

spiveyrat
10-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
keep your crow to yourself if diboll would have won jasper would have enough 'crow' to eat till next year :) it was a good enough close enough game leave it at that.Crow's pretty bitter, isn't it?

Bulldog92
10-25-2003, 10:02 AM
spiveyrat:

Diboll_Lumberjackk:
keep your crow to yourself if diboll would have won jasper would have enough 'crow' to eat till next year :) it was a good enough close enough game leave it at that.Crow's pretty bitter, isn't it?Maybe a little ketchup would help? :D

spiveyrat
10-25-2003, 10:08 AM
j_dog:
Jackk shouldn't have to eat any. He was nice and posted the scores all night. Thanks. :cool: The more I think about it, I think we'll give him another serving.

Whiskers
10-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Ya see Diboll_Lumberjackk, ya didn't get the 4th and inches, so your just gonna have to take the crow like a champ. Barbe-que sauce does nicely with it, try it. Anyways, great game to both teams.

Reveille
10-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
keep your crow to yourself if diboll would have won jasper would have enough 'crow' to eat till next year :) it was a good enough close enough game leave it at that.If ifs and nuts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas. :p

j_dog
10-25-2003, 11:44 PM
mistanice:
ahhhhhh, well what a game. best game ive seen this year. I just cant believe how outsized we were. I got to the game, and i took a glance at jaspers d-line and seen 2 monsters. I was like its going to be a long night. Our guys played tough like i thought they would. Jasper was held to no points in the 2nd half. Diboll scored once each half. Turned out to be a really good game for those who didnt make it. After this game, I really think we have one of the toughest, if not the toughest 3a districts in the state.Hey, those guys are Jasper's "average", normal, human size players as a Newton poster said last week. The big ones graduated last year! :( And glad you liked our Mr. Cook! :)

Yes, Diboll did indeed play tough. And you have what looks to be two more tough games ahead of you, so don't let up.

bevo
10-26-2003, 01:08 AM
j_dog...I've been keeping up with you guys on here for a couple of years now. Haven't logged onto to this site, so decided to come on out of the closet and get in on some of the postings with all of the ex dog dog players and avid dog fans. So how long have you lived in Washington?

Pedestrian
10-26-2003, 11:46 AM
You see this is why it is hard to get along with jasper people. Yall have like 20 everyday posters who gang up on people. The Diboll poster was right, "IF" yall would have lost and "ALMOST" did then yall would have alot of crow to eat. Oh and yes I was the one who said jasper had normal size humans this year and I was WRONG. Those boys where HUGE. You really can't tell how big they were until you get lined up across from them. Good job diboll we were rooting for you in Newton.

PS. Snowsnake, you act like jasper has never cheapshoted anyone.....please

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Pedestrian ]</small>

mistanice
10-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Being prepared and getting in the right state of mind leading up to the game is a part of getting ready for a football game. You say we were lucky that the Jasper that played newton didnt show up. That sounds like a Jasper team problem to me. I didn't see nobody leave the game til we didnt convert that 4th down with 2 mins left in the game. That shows that the game was still up for grabs. good game guys

Bulldog92
10-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Pedestrian:
You see this is why no one likes jasper or it's people. Yall have like 20 everyday posters who gang up on people.That is ridiculous. Most of us don't "gang" up on anyone. There's nothing wrong with holding other people accountable for what they say and we all have to eat a little crow sometimes. Most of Jasper's fans are objective and more than willing to tip our hats to other teams when we get beat. A few of us even congratulated Diboll on playing a great game Friday night. Yes, they almost beat us. So what? They're a good football team. You need to look at the WHOLE picture before you go around making generalizations about ANY town's people or ANY town's fans. The statements you made are inappropriate in my mind and I'm sure you'll catch some criticism from more than just Jasper's fans... :mad:

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Bulldog92 ]</small>

crimson blood
10-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Pedestrian:
You see this is why it is hard to get along with jasper people. Yall have like 20 everyday posters who gang up on people.
hard to get along with...? check out Diboll_Lumberjackk

just curious, do the cajuns have a blackened crow? maybe that would go down easier. :D

rootin_for_my_BOYS
10-26-2003, 11:35 PM
i thought jasper was supposed to be worried about newton but looks to me like the jacks had them sweating for a victory. And talking about cheapshots i was in the stands and i do remember a couple of the jasper players doing it too so dont go blaming diboll on that. I also saw how the refs. were milking the time for jasper we watched them blow a whole min and half on one play i thought that was pretty crappy, this happened all throught out the 2nd half. Jasper's size made diboll look like mice, and for them to play a close game proved that diboll has a outstanding team this year and they could of beat jasper.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: rootin_for_my_BOYS ]</small>

j_dog
10-26-2003, 11:50 PM
bevo:
j_dog...... So how long have you lived in Washington?Since September. Just checking it out. Love it so far. We want to come to Alaska for a visit someday also. Just where is Palmer by the way?

bevo
10-26-2003, 11:56 PM
Palmer is just North of Anchorage about 45 miles or so...I've got a few friends that live just outside of Seattle, that I work with up here. Alaska is beautiful too, but I miss home (Texas)...

j_dog
10-27-2003, 12:16 AM
rootin_for_my_BOYS:
.....Jasper's size made diboll look like mice, and for them to play a close game proved that diboll has a outstanding team this year and they could of beat jasper.Sure, Diboll could have beaten Jasper. I said that even before the game. But the bottom line is, they didn't.

What I cannot understand is why it took everyone so long to figure out that Jasper still has some decent size this year?

As far as which Jasper team showed up, maybe Jasper was somewhat down for this game, I don't know. I do know they had just played two very emotional games with first Kirbyville, then Newton. I can understand that they might have been down a bit after the Newton game.

Now it is Diboll's turn to play two more highly critical games in a row against those two teams. Now, to me, that will be your real test, playing three tough games in a row. :D

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Bulldog92:

Pedestrian:
You see this is why no one likes jasper or it's people. Yall have like 20 everyday posters who gang up on people.That is ridiculous. Most of us don't "gang" up on anyone. There's nothing wrong with holding other people accountable for what they say and we all have to eat a little crow sometimes. Most of Jasper's fans are objective and more than willing to tip our hats to other teams when we get beat. A few of us even congratulated Diboll on playing a great game Friday night. Yes, they almost beat us. So what? They're a good football team. You need to look at the WHOLE picture before you go around making generalizations about ANY town's people or ANY town's fans. The statements you made are inappropriate in my mind and I'm sure you'll catch some criticism from more than just Jasper's fans... :mad: Good post, Kenny. That's just what I wanted to say.

booger1
10-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I would like to say that this was a heck of a game and both teams played great! I'm just glad that Diboll lost to a good team by a low score. You played great fella's now keep it up! Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season!

grigsby
10-27-2003, 02:13 PM
The only thing I would like to know is what happened to the BIG JASPER shutout? People were posting a huge margin of victory by Jasper. Just like booger, mistaince and myself were saying, it wasn't going to be a blowout by any team. It was a great game. SO good that Jasper had to triple cover Jermichael Finley. All in all great game for both teams. Good luck Jasper when yall play Huntington. LOL Remember the barn burner from basketball? Huntington 5 Woodville 3. Better watch out. They may just stall the ball the whole time. LOL Good luck in the playoffs.

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 03:16 PM
Not everyone predicted a shutout.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 06:42 PM
jasper being so cocky will only have them wishing they could have made it to december. Me saying that is only for some of the comments jasper has made in this post, i know diboll has made some crazy post but im sure you want be hearing from any of those guys for awhile on this subject.

bearkatdad
10-27-2003, 07:30 PM
You would think the Diboll fans would try and post about and be concerned with the Kirbyville game, instead of trying to re live the Jasper game..."shoulda/coulda/woulda" and now I see where one of their fans say it was the refs that gave the game to them...Get real!!!

whatusay2
10-27-2003, 07:32 PM
bearkatdad:
You would think the Diboll fans would try and post about and be concerned with the Kirbyville game, instead of trying to re live the Jasper game..."shoulda/coulda/woulda" and now I see where one of their fans say it was the refs that gave the game to them...Get real!!!I'm glad you said this bearkatdad. I was just too annoyed to respond.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 07:49 PM
coulda/woulda ok thats what you guys will be saying come december being so cocky. Iv had respect for jasper but some of these posters...an we are focusing on this week just like you guys should be :)

rootin_for_my_BOYS
10-27-2003, 10:00 PM
bearkatdad:
and now I see where one of their fans say it was the refs that gave the game to them...Get real!!!If u look back at what i said u will find that i didnt say jasper won the game because of the refs! I said that i saw how they were milking jaspers time meaning that it didnt help us any! so read closer before u make a reply

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: rootin_for_my_BOYS ]</small>

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Jasper has the big head, you guys need to take your heads out of the clouds you guys beat us yes, gj an congrads just dont let that be the downfall in the end we all wanna see someone from this district take one to the big game.

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Jasper has the big head, you guys need to take your heads out of the clouds you guys beat us yes, gj an congrads just dont let that be the downfall in the end we all wanna see someone from this district take one to the big game.I think we're quite grounded (thank you very much).

We're merely holding you accountable for what you guys have said. We know our limits/weaknesses and have even posted about them. Lots of you Diboll posters pop off with ridiculous comments, we challenge them, and then you can never defend them.

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

duckbutter
10-28-2003, 09:38 AM
If Diboll doesn't watch out they may be eating crow again this weekend.

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 10:31 AM
After last year's game against Burnet, I don't think that the dogs are taking anyone lightly...okay, maybe Hunnington, but nobody else. They've also had two losses this year, but are excited about playing better every week. (last week being an exception) You call us cocky. I call us excited. You don't hear Jasper people talking about taking it to state this year like they did last year. Last year, cocky. This year, excited but realistic. The dogs realize that it's a long way to state and you can't underestimate anyone.

Best of luck to everyone this week. :)

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
JasperDog94:
After last year's game against Burnet, I don't think that the dogs are taking anyone lightly...okay, maybe Hunnington, but nobody else. They've also had two losses this year, but are excited about playing better every week. (last week being an exception) You call us cocky. I call us excited. You don't hear Jasper people talking about taking it to state this year like they did last year. Last year, cocky. This year, excited but realistic. The dogs realize that it's a long way to state and you can't underestimate anyone.

Best of luck to everyone this week. :) Cautiously optimistic? :D

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Yep! :)

Reveille
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
duckbutter:
If Diboll doesn't watch out they may be eating crow again this weekend.As well as next weekend.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Do you know what i find kind of funny?
Most of the people who post on here dont even play on the team, and they think they know the weaknesses and strengths of the team.

LoL ...

tsk tsk tsk

spiveyrat
10-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Do you know what i find kind of funny?
Most of the people who post on here dont even play on the team, and they think they know the weaknesses and strengths of the team.

LoL ...

tsk tsk tskAre you that dense???

You don't have to play on a team to know what weaknesses a team has. They don't play these games in a locked room in the dark. Anyone who has the money to get into the game can go and watch for themselves. What on earth do you think the sports commentators on ESPN, Fox, CBS, and ABC do? Guess? No, they watch the games and base their opinions on what they see as well as the statistics of prior games. Your ignorance is frightening.

Hello? McFly? :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

JasperDog94
10-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Yeah, McFly. Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here. :D wink :p