PDA

View Full Version : Which 3A team is returning the most?

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Which 3A team is returning the most?

I know Sweetwater is returning both RB's. Majority of the O and D line and all their linebackers. We are just losing a safety and a couple lineman on D.

j_dog
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Jasper is returning three T-Rex's.

setxsports
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
WOS returns more than they ever have! Not sure the exact number though.

venomous tat2
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Navasota will return 9 starters on offense ( center , rt tackle ) full back also gone. 6 on defense ( D end ,strong safety , weak safety ,LB , DT ) gone. They all will be replaced without missing a beat. We had 7 soph playing 2 started on O , 2 started on D and the other 3 played a lot on D . :cool:

navscanmaster
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know if it is the most, but Navasota is returning:

RB/LB Pratt JR - 218 Rush 2054 Yds 19 TD, 12 Rec 354 Yds 4 TD 12 Tackles in playoffs
QB Stokes JR - 123 Rush 437 Yds 9 TD, 116/214 Pass 1922 Yds 9 Int 28 TD
WR/DB Jackson JR - 39 Rec 756 Yds 8 TD, 1 Int, 18 Tackles
WR Lamascus JR - 25 Rec 276 Yds 2 TD
WR/DB Harris JR - 13 Rec 265 Yds 5 TD, 9 Tackles
WR/DB Sweed SO - 16 Rec 156 Yds, 2 Int, 42 Tackles
FS/QB Hildreth SO - 5 Int, 68 Tackles
OL Calhoun SO- 6'7" 330 (No blocking stats available)
DB Spriggs JR - 77 Tackles, Sack, Int
DE Byrd JR - 72 Tackles, 4 Sacks
LB King SO - 51 Tackles (not a starter)
LB Levy JR - 17 Tackles (not a starter)
DL Williams JR - 42 tackles (rotational)
DL Chambers JR - 13 Tackles (rotational)

They also return a few other OL lettermen, but only one of them was a starter. Due to having no blocking stats available, I couldn't find their names. The OL will be the Rattlers biggest challenge in the off season.

On JV, there are also some good receivers and a really good quarterback who broke his arm a few games into the season. He should, and I say should, compete for the QB position next year. Stokes is proven at the position, but if Gessner can show that he can be just as good at QB, then there is potential to use Stokes' athleticism in other positions without losing offensive power. But there is the question of experience....which would be crucial in another deep playoff run.

Sorry coach, starting building this post before you posted. Correct my post if you see anything wrong, after all, you know much more about it than me.:D

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Ingleside doesn't return much. Heck, they lost half their starters in the middle of the season.

MN95
12-11-2007, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stownhorse
[B]Which 3A team is returning the most?

Celina!! Only 12 returning varsity players, but all of our coaching staff, tradition, and about 130 jv, freshman, and 8th graders who have rarely, if ever, lost a football game since 3rd grade. Don't forget our bright orange uniforms and the loudest air horn in the state!! And best of all, MY SON returns, looking to start in place of one of the many seniors leaving us. He is 6'9", 350lbs, runs a 4.33, an arm like a cannon, dates the prettiest cheerleader, and is being recruited by every football power in the country!!!!

All right, a little carried away.....I made up the one about the cheerleader.:D

RedStorm
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
so... since this Navasota jv team was so good why did they get beat by Bellville 41-7 which either means Bellville is very talented or Navasota is weak.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Calhoun is a stud on the hardwood too right?>

navscanmaster
12-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
so... since this Navasota jv team was so good why did they get beat by Bellville 41-7 which either means Bellville is very talented or Navasota is weak.

Bellville JV is good. Navasota JV is weak. I only spoke of the QB and a couple of receivers. QB was injured in Bellville game. Don't be so classless man. This topic is about returning players. Have a nice day.

JR2004
12-12-2007, 01:38 AM
We suited up 39 at Madison this year. We return 33 of them. Only two of those graduating were big contributors this year.

big daddy russ
12-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Bellville JV is good. Navasota JV is weak. I only spoke of the QB and a couple of receivers. QB was injured in Bellville game. Don't be so classless man. This topic is about returning players. Have a nice day.
If you read the rest of his posts, you'll quickly realize that he's mildly retarted. I pray that he can live out a normal life and become a well-adjusted member of society, but we can easily see that "well-adjusted member of society" may be asking a little much of him.

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Brownwood will return 7 offensive and 2 defensive starters next year. Oh wait, I am sorry, we are not 3A, YET!

j_dog
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Brownwood will return 7 offensive and 2 defensive starters next year. Oh wait, I am sorry, we are not 3A, YET!
sorry, 4a experience and talent does not count here. :D as i am sure many will quickly tell you. ;) now if you were coming up from 2a, that might be entirely different. :) ;)

venomous tat2
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't know if it is the most, but Navasota is returning:

RB/LB Pratt JR - 218 Rush 2054 Yds 19 TD, 12 Rec 354 Yds 4 TD 12 Tackles in playoffs
QB Stokes JR - 123 Rush 437 Yds 9 TD, 116/214 Pass 1922 Yds 9 Int 28 TD
WR/DB Jackson JR - 39 Rec 756 Yds 8 TD, 1 Int, 18 Tackles
WR Lamascus JR - 25 Rec 276 Yds 2 TD
WR/DB Harris JR - 13 Rec 265 Yds 5 TD, 9 Tackles
WR/DB Sweed SO - 16 Rec 156 Yds, 2 Int, 42 Tackles
FS/QB Hildreth SO - 5 Int, 68 Tackles
OL Calhoun SO- 6'7" 330 (No blocking stats available)
DB Spriggs JR - 77 Tackles, Sack, Int
DE Byrd JR - 72 Tackles, 4 Sacks
LB King SO - 51 Tackles (not a starter)
LB Levy JR - 17 Tackles (not a starter)
DL Williams JR - 42 tackles (rotational)
DL Chambers JR - 13 Tackles (rotational)

They also return a few other OL lettermen, but only one of them was a starter. Due to having no blocking stats available, I couldn't find their names. The OL will be the Rattlers biggest challenge in the off season.

On JV, there are also some good receivers and a really good quarterback who broke his arm a few games into the season. He should, and I say should, compete for the QB position next year. Stokes is proven at the position, but if Gessner can show that he can be just as good at QB, then there is potential to use Stokes' athleticism in other positions without losing offensive power. But there is the question of experience....which would be crucial in another deep playoff run.

Sorry coach, starting building this post before you posted. Correct my post if you see anything wrong, after all, you know much more about it than me.:D

I won't change much of what you have to say Paul , but our O line will be ok we will replace the center, and rt tackle with no problem. The JV was ALL soph and did good this year
and there are some really good defensive players coming up .
We will be better on defense next year. As far as qb goes right
now we are 3 deep at that position Kie, And Derrick are very capable of stepping in should Stokes go down and both are soph.
Bottom line , we are looking for bigger and better things next year
and they are gonna work hard to make that happen.

STANG RED
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
[i]He is 6'9", 350lbs, runs a 4.33, an arm like a cannon, dates the prettiest cheerleader, and is being recruited by every football power in the country!!!!//B]

:eek: OoooooKaaayyyyy

We should really start a thread for who can tell the tallest tale on here. Right now, you and SNYDER325TIGERS would be the clear front runners.:D According to him, they have several that can bench 400 or better, and all the others can bench 300+.:doh: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

This board gets more entertaining by the day. Gotta love it!;)

Rocket Dad
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
The Rockets will return 4 offensive and 3 defensive starters. The Robinson JV finished 9-0. Don't know if that means anything, I guess the younger ones are used to winning. The Rocket JV tied the Celina JV 1-1 in a scrimmage week 0. The 9th graders won 3 games I think, but most all of them were close except for Kennedale (WOW,their fresh. are tough).

westtxfballfan
12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:eek: OoooooKaaayyyyy

We should really start a thread for who can tell the tallest tale on here. Right now, you and SNYDER325TIGERS would be the clear front runners.:D According to him, they have several that can bench 400 or better, and all the others can bench 300+.:doh: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

This board gets more entertaining by the day. Gotta love it!;)

Due to Move-ins, Monahans is starting Johnny Unitas IV and Gale Sayers' grandson in the backfield next year.

Some Butkus kid will start at MLB behind Bob Lilly and Randy White's grandkids, with Lil Mean Joe Greene, Jr and Deacon Jones, III returning on the ends. The Lott kid is back at safety, too.

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
sorry, 4a experience and talent does not count here. :D as i am sure many will quickly tell you. ;) now if you were coming up from 2a, that might be entirely different. :) ;)

I am sorry about that! You must remember that I am very new here. It will take me a little bit of time to get used to the rules!;)

Dogman_1969
12-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Call me a homer but if you look at the Rockdale Tigers they have a very strong group returning. They will return 6 of the front 7 starters on defense as well as 2 others that played alot of defense during the playoff game.

On Offense the Tigers will loose a guard, tackle, and 2 RB's. They will return 5 other lineman that all started at different points during the year, the starting QB, 4 receivers that were all soph's this year, and a big Junior TE.

Couple this returning bunch up with the JV & freshman squads that had a 2300 yd rusher and several kids that are over 6'2" and 200 lbs they should be a strong team next year.

Looking back at how last year unfolded:

The Tigers started off slow during predistrict schedule but looking back they finished off strong against 2 of the top 6 class 3A teams in the state.

They had Gonzales beat until a last second hail mary TD pass in week 0. Lost on the road to Caldwell in week 1 along with losses to China Spring, Robinson & Madisonville.

They found theirselves on the road when district began on the road at Liberty Hill.

The Tigers were ahead of Liberty Hill (at Liberty Hill) 19-16 at the half and had a chance to go up by 10 until a fumble inside LH's 2 yd line with 20 seconds left in the first half. Came out flat in the 3rd and got behind too far but finished the game 37-25.

Beat Hutto, Taylor and then regained the Bell with a win over Cameron Yoe to finish the district at 3-1.

In the first round of the playoffs China Spring kicked a field goal on the games last play to win 30-27. In the first qtr the Tigers were up 12-0 and had an opportunity to go up 19-0 but didn't recover a Hicks fumble which later became a field goal to cut the lead to 12-3. This game was held at WISD and the home team go the majority of the calls. There was even a China Spring dad throwing a headset at Tiger player running down field for score and no flag was thrown. Don't get me wrong, China Spring has an excellent leader in Eskew and he is a winner and keeps them going. They have shown how tough they are with wins over some good teams.

Makes me look forward to next season..............

Texasfootball2
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I am sorry about that! You must remember that I am very new here. It will take me a little bit of time to get used to the rules!;)

Don't run off BwdLion. Us reg 1 folk welcome you Bwood boys on the DL. And as far as football is concerned, You are 3A now, so your opinion counts. I hope you don't take things very serious, cause if you do there are some individuals on the board who will drive you crazy. Welcome:D

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Don't run off BwdLion. Us reg 1 folk welcome you Bwood boys on the DL. And as far as football is concerned, You are 3A now, so your opinion counts. I hope you don't take things very serious, cause if you do there are some individuals on the board who will drive you crazy. Welcome:D

I am not going to go away!:D I visit this site, as well as others, everyday. I do not post all the much, but I do enjoy reading what others have to say. Now, with that said, we do have some in Brownwood that, once they find this site, they will be here spouting off just about everyday. I am looking forward to playing in 3A for at least the next 2 years.:devil:

STANG RED
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Due to Move-ins, Monahans is starting Johnny Unitas IV and Gale Sayers' grandson in the backfield next year.

Some Butkus kid will start at MLB behind Bob Lilly and Randy White's grandkids, with Lil Mean Joe Greene, Jr and Deacon Jones, III returning on the ends. The Lott kid is back at safety, too.

LOL, now that's what I'm talking about!:D

Here in Sweetwater, we will have the entire Miami Dolphins roster playing for us next year.:(
Looks like we'll be missing the playoffs for the first time in a long time.:D

Ranger Mom
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Now, with that said, we do have some in Brownwood that, once they find this site, they will be here spouting off just about everyday.

That's okay!! Me, pirate4state, and LH Panther Mom are here EVERYDAY too!!:)

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's okay!! Me, pirate4state, and LH Panther Mom are here EVERYDAY too!!:)

hey, what I am "chopped liver?" :D :D :D j/k...;)

and welcome to the board BWDlion80 (didn't we (Cuero)play ya'll in 1970?)

Ranger Mom
12-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I didn't intentionally leave you out. He was talking about others "spouting" off everyday and I was just letting him know that we 3 are here everyday too, and can "silence" them if we need too!!:D :D

STANG RED
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I didn't intentionally leave you out. He was talking about others "spouting" off everyday and I was just letting him know that we 3 are here everyday too, and can "silence" them if we need too!!:D :D

Bullies! All of ya!:p

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM

I know, I was just givin you a hard time.. It's only Weds...... and a LONG TIME until Saturday.. :(

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I am not going to go away!:D I visit this site, as well as others, everyday. I do not post all the much, but I do enjoy reading what others have to say. Now, with that said, we do have some in Brownwood that, once they find this site, they will be here spouting off just about everyday. I am looking forward to playing in 3A for at least the next 2 years.:devil:
Please, please, please.....whatever you do, don't let R2D2 know about us. If you do, it's on like donkey kong. :devil: :devil: ;) Poor guy....who will he pick on? :eek:

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Yes, we did play way back then! I was there in Austin. It was a great day for the Lions! Maybe we can meet up again in the future!

pirate4state
12-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Bullies! All of ya!:p You know you love it! :kiss: :eek: :kiss:

j_dog
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
looks like you are catching on fast.. :D

trojan37
12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
La Vega has a host of players coming back next year. Of a 40 plus man roster, they only had 10 seniors this year. I can't remember which one it is but I believe it's Chris Parr that is returning ( only a junior) with Kourtney graduating.

lynx_rufus
12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Hold on a minute. Why does Region 1 think they can get all the patsy teams?

I'm looking at a map and it might be possible to gerrymander Brownwood into Celina's Region 2 District. :D

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Hold on a minute. Why does Region 1 think they can get all the patsy teams?

I'm looking at a map and it might be possible to gerrymander Brownwood into Celina's Region 2 District. :D

Patsy teams?

lakers
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Patsy teams?

what his he thinkin.
why does everybody have it out for region 1.
its not our fault Snyder is in our region.
Brownwood is a heck of a lot closer to region 1 teams then anywhere else...
I go to Brownwood lake all the time, because it is the "closest lake to where i live"
here is another thing, Comanche is a region 1 team and it is very close to brownwood.

RedStorm
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
We suited up 39 at Madison this year. We return 33 of them. Only two of those graduating were big contributors this year.

since was stating a fact which was on the subject retarted or classless

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
since was stating a fact which was on the subject retarted or classless

:confused: as hell.

can someone decipher this for me?:thinking:

lakers
12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:confused: as hell.

can someone decipher this for me?:thinking:

notta clue...

lynx_rufus
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by lakers
notta clue...
He didn't like me stirring the pot a little with the Brownwood poster.

Some people think this stuff is serious.

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
He didn't like me stirring the pot a little with the Brownwood poster.

Some people think this stuff is serious.

It's not serious?:confused: :D

rancher
12-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I understand that Bellville has lot coming back, plus a J.V. that had a great record and an undefeated freshman team.