PDA

View Full Version : Have Snyder and Brownwood ever been in the same district?

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Also, would it be a stretch to see a district made up of....

Sweetwater
Wylie
Snyder
Brownwood
and
Breckenridge

:thinking:

GreenMonster
12-11-2007, 01:58 PM
That is a pretty salty district. Some serious tradition in there.

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Sweetwater
Wylie
Snyder
Brownwood
and
Breckenridge

Clyde gonna drop?

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Clyde gonna drop?

No. I was just going for quality.:D :devil:

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Clyde gonna drop?

not sure, but it will be close...

they would be studs in 2a though

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
No. I was just going for quality.:D :devil:

come to think of it, they beat breck and swater and i believe they took wylie into OT.:D :thumbsup:

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by lakers
not sure, but it will be close...

they would be studs in 2a though

Yea you see how most teams think that when they drop and they just become mediocre.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
come to think of it, they beat breck and swater and i believe they took wylie into OT.:D :thumbsup:

Steven Field's knee was on the ground. :mad:

:D

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Yea you see how most teams think that when they drop and they just become mediocre.

hey dont forget they are still building and the head coach has still only been there for 2 years. I see things only goin up while he is here. and there is a lot of talent off the jv for next year.

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:26 PM

It was! I was waiting for a booth review.

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM

there was a camera crew right there, the coaches called each other the next day and agreed that the refs got the play right...

heres one for ya, the kid didnt score against AW...HE FUMBLED!!!:mad:

shackina
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
that would be one tuff dist. I really hope it never happens. but a long trip for some of the teams. but when I was in school we had to go to Pecos and Ft. Stockton. long trips on yellow dogs

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
there was a camera crew right there, the coaches called each other the next day and agreed that the refs got the play right...

There wasnt sufficient evidence.

How do you know the coached agreed? lol

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM

when ur friends with all the players and coaches u tend to get the scoop. and if i recall it, it was in the paper as well.

As for the sufficient evidence part.:foul: :foul: :foul: :tongue: :flaming:

There was a camera crew right on the goal line. The NFL doesnt even get that good of footage...

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM

It was in the newspaper. Jackson was quoted as saying that the knee wasnt down.

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
It was in the newspaper. Jackson was quoted as saying that the knee wasnt down.

thank you.

now my story is viable

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I think Sweetwater will go back west with Snyder, Greenwood, Lamesa, Andrews, and Seminole. Wylie, Brownwood, Clyde, Breckenridge, and Brady could be grouped together.

You guys realize that Brownwood dropping to 3A will move Wylie to the small school bracket. :doh:

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Sweetwater will go back west with Snyder, Greenwood, Lamesa, Andrews, and Seminole. Wylie, Brownwood, Clyde, Breckenridge, and Breckenridge could be grouped together.

You guys realize that Brownwood dropping to 3A will move Wylie to the small school bracket. :doh:

what if it doesnt:doh:

hey, why does breck get 2 teams in the district...lol

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I think Sweetwater will go back west with Snyder, Greenwood, Lamesa, Andrews, and Seminole. Wylie, Brownwood, Clyde, Breckenridge, and Breckenridge could be grouped together.

No, wildstangs, wylie turned in somewhere areound 950 B'wood turned in around 910.

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
what if it doesnt:doh:

hey, why does breck get 2 teams in the district...lol

Thanks for catching that - Changed it to Brady.

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
No, wildstangs, wylie turned in somewhere areound 950 B'wood turned in around 910.

Wow, didnt know that. Can you imagine a Sweetwater, Snyder, or Andrews first round game with Brownwood.

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for catching that - Changed it to Brady.

Brady is movin back up???

They had a pretty good season this year???

WOS87
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
In answer to the thread title... No, Snyder has never been in the same district as Brownwood... at least back to 1928 anyway.

Snyder history 1928-2006 (http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/snyder28-06.gif)

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow, didnt know that. Can you imagine a Sweetwater, Snyder, or Andrews first round game with Brownwood.

that might not turn out to pretty...:doh:

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Brady is movin back up???

They had a pretty good season this year???

Well crap - I thought Brady had just moved to another 3A district. I still think Wylie, Clyde, Brownwood, and Breckenridge would be a nice fit. Since those four are tough teams, I say they force Merkel and Ballinger to play in a 3A district with 2A numbers just so the other four teams get a breather.

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Well crap - I thought Brady had just moved to another 3A district. I still think Wylie, Clyde, Brownwood, and Breckenridge would be a nice fit. Since those four are tough teams, I say they force Merkel and Ballinger to play in a 3A district with 2A numbers just so the other four teams get a breather.

haha, it ok stang...

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM

That would be a sweet district if they pulled Graham down but thats unlikely.

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
That would be a sweet district if they pulled Graham down but thats unlikely.

Yeah, Graham would be a possiblity, but that would leave some serious holes in the Iowa Park, Hirschi, etc. district.

lakers
12-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I think Breck hates not bein in a district with Graham, that seems to be a heated rivalry...

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I think Breck hates not bein in a district with Graham, that seems to be a heated rivalry...

Who knows what the UIL will do.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Man, I hope so. We'd love two shots at Wylie.:inlove:

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Sweetwater cant even beat Wylie early in the district schedule. Imagine going against Sandifer that late in the season.

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
In answer to the thread title... No, Snyder has never been in the same district as Brownwood... at least back to 1928 anyway.

Snyder history 1928-2006 (http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/snyder28-06.gif)

Thanks for the ammo...uh...I mean link.:doh: :D

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Sweetwater cant even beat Wylie early in the district schedule. Imagine going against Sandifer that late in the season.

Where do you work?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Sweetwater
Wylie
Snyder
Brownwood
and
Breckenridge

Don't you mean:

Snyder
Wylie
Brownwoon
Breckenridge
and
swetwater?

wildstangs
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Where do you work?

:confused:

swstangs001
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM

and they lost in the 1st round...not to mention the fact that they beat swater who had 7 turnover and clyde capitalized off of 1...ohh and i guess i kinda left out that swater wasnt all that great this year

Texas Grid Iron
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Both coaches agreed he was down the video on Youtube was another play. I have seen the tape and he was not down the ball squited out and over a defender and a Sweetwater player. As for the Wylie call it was not a touch down I have still shots that show 5 frame by frame shots and the video on KTXS shows it clear! The ref that made the call missed an entire week of work after the call. I know three officials and they confirmed this. One went to his house and visited with him on the subject. They said two of the refs that night had no buisness in a Clyde and Wylie game, lack of experience. That call is something to complain about, while I agree you have a beef with your call you have the right to but get the facts straight it came out in the paper on Monday (after the game) that both the Clyde and Sweetwater coaches reviewed the tape and called each other and were in agreement that it was indeed a fumble! That was a hell of a game so do not mess it up spreading rumors please! It takes away from one of the hardest hitting knock down drag outs I have seen in along time. The video on Youtube is at mid field the call you are questioning took place around the 11 yard line I was standing right there on the fence at the sideline. Also rumor has it Clyde will drop to 2A turned in right at the cut off of last year. I am not holding my breath but would love to see us drop. And yes Wylie turned in huge numbers just below what Burk is now and I believe they are the biggest 3A right now. I want to say they turned in in the mid 950's. We will see what happens.

lakers
12-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
and they lost in the 1st round...not to mention the fact that they beat swater who had 7 turnover and clyde capitalized off of 1...ohh and i guess i kinda left out that swater wasnt all that great this year

was that quote directed at u....um no

i was talking to someone that I have actually meet and talked too. we were both goofin around, havin fun and u take it personal....:dispntd:

its ok ur new here and i understand...

mrescape43
12-11-2007, 08:28 PM

It was a Wylie player who fumbled and Clyde recovered the ball at the 2 as a referee is signaling touchdown and the Wylie runner is looking back to see where the ball is.

lakers
12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
It was a Wylie player who fumbled and Clyde recovered the ball at the 2 as a referee is signaling touchdown and the Wylie runner is looking back to see where the ball is.

i am talkin from the clyde perspective. i made it sound the other way, but i had been refering from Clyde based on pervious post. sorry for the confusion...

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
i am talkin from the clyde perspective. i made it sound the other way, but i had been refering from Clyde based on pervious post. sorry for the confusion...

I guess we should have just PM'd our perspectives of those
two plays.:thinking: :D

Texasfootball2
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
It's kind of like that time when I was a 12 year old little all star. We lost a game because the umpire called me out at first, and after looking at it on tape, I was clearly safe. The bottom line is "How Cares", and it has no bearing on anything that has happened in the last six weeks. The three best teams in the district still made the playoffs, and once again Clyde bowed out early. The call in October had nothing to do with your loss in November. Let it go.

As for Brownwood, It's a sure thing that they will be 3A. I hope Wylie stays 3A and the UIL puts BWOOD and Wylie in the same district. These two teams have developed a very healthy rivalry, much like the one we have with Sweetwater. Healthy meaning, that for one week of the year we are bitter enemies, but the other 51 weeks we are pulling for each other. I also hope they keep Sweetwater in our district, but I'm afraid they are going to send them west to balance out some of the smaller districts.

I think Wylie could possibly end up in a district that looks like this........

Wylie, Bwood, Glen Rose, Clyde, Brady, and Possibly Breckenridge.

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
It's kind of like that time when I was a 12 year old little all star. We lost a game because the umpire called me out at first, and after looking at it on tape, I was clearly safe. The bottom line is "How Cares", and it has no bearing on anything that has happened in the last six weeks. The three best teams in the district still made the playoffs, and once again Clyde bowed out early. The call in October had nothing to do with your loss in November. Let it go.

It was a JOKE.

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM

As for Brownwood, It's a sure thing that they will be 3A. I hope Wylie stays 3A and the UIL puts BWOOD and Wylie in the same district. These two teams have developed a very healthy rivalry, much like the one we have with Sweetwater. Healthy meaning, that for one week of the year we are bitter enemies, but the other 51 weeks we are pulling for each other. I also hope they keep Sweetwater in our district, but I'm afraid they are going to send them west to balance out some of the smaller districts.

I just hope Brownwood doesn't end up in region III. We'll never
hear the end of it.:thinking:

STANG RED
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM

Do you really think Brady is moving back up? Also, what about Comanche? If they stay 3A, wouldnt they probably be in this district? And how about Early? They may move back up also. I think Early is part of the reason for some of B'woods decline in numbers. Some of those kids may be at Early now.
Just thinking out load. Your thoughts?

Texasfootball2
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Actually, Region 3 would be the least likely. Probably going to be 1 or 4. Even reg 2 is long shot. If Burnet and Fredericksburg drop and go reg 4, my $$$ says Bwood is reg 1:thinking:

BwdLion_80
12-12-2007, 12:43 PM

I won't be surprised at all to see Brownwood in any of the regions, 1,2,3 or 4. When it comes to the UIL, nothing makes sense most of the time.

swstangs001
12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Texas Grid Iron
Both coaches agreed he was down the video on Youtube was another play. I have seen the tape and he was not down the ball squited out and over a defender and a Sweetwater player. As for the Wylie call it was not a touch down I have still shots that show 5 frame by frame shots and the video on KTXS shows it clear! The ref that made the call missed an entire week of work after the call. I know three officials and they confirmed this. One went to his house and visited with him on the subject. They said two of the refs that night had no buisness in a Clyde and Wylie game, lack of experience. That call is something to complain about, while I agree you have a beef with your call you have the right to but get the facts straight it came out in the paper on Monday (after the game) that both the Clyde and Sweetwater coaches reviewed the tape and called each other and were in agreement that it was indeed a fumble! That was a hell of a game so do not mess it up spreading rumors please! It takes away from one of the hardest hitting knock down drag outs I have seen in along time. The video on Youtube is at mid field the call you are questioning took place around the 11 yard line I was standing right there on the fence at the sideline. Also rumor has it Clyde will drop to 2A turned in right at the cut off of last year. I am not holding my breath but would love to see us drop. And yes Wylie turned in huge numbers just below what Burk is now and I believe they are the biggest 3A right now. I want to say they turned in in the mid 950's. We will see what happens.

ohh well excuse me i didnt know i had questioned that fumble:confused: :confused: :confused: