PDA

View Full Version : Something really scary about the Patriots...

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I just realized something while reviewing the NFL standings...the 49ers currently hold the #3 draft pick in the 2008 NFL draft, and unless they win again, could easily rise to #2. What's sad about this is that the Patriots own the 49ers pick.

Can you see Darren McFadden going to the Patriots at #2 or #3 overall???????

The sad part about the cheating scandal is that while they forfeit their own first round pick, they still own the Niners...Goodell should have taken their highest overall selection, regardless of whose pick it was.

DDBooger
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I just realized something while reviewing the NFL standings...the 49ers currently hold the #3 draft pick in the 2008 NFL draft, and unless they win again, could easily rise to #2. What's sad about this is that the Patriots own the 49ers pick.

Can you see Darren McFadden going to the Patriots at #2 or #3 overall???????

The sad part about the cheating scandal is that while they forfeit their own first round pick, they still own the Niners...Goodell should have taken their highest overall selection, regardless of whose pick it was. with as much passing as they do, do yall think it would be worth going after such a great running back? hell they hardly ever run! trust me i have maroney on my fantasy team lol:rolleyes: they are aging at lb, would dorsey fit in their 3-4 scheme at dl?

Maroon87
12-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Their LB's and Rodney Harrison are ancient. They need some new blood there.

DDBooger
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Their LB's and Rodney Harrison are ancient. They need some new blood there. for all intents and purposes they may even trade down and get a good vet for the pick and the lb or safety they need later in the 1st rd. while the Pats are a tight group, Kraft and Bellicheck are business, they'd cut their mom if it meant winning the superbowl

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
for all intents and purposes they may even trade down and get a good vet for the pick and the lb or safety they need later in the 1st rd. while the Pats are a tight group, Kraft and Bellicheck are business, they'd cut their mom if it meant winning the superbowl

yeah, that's the reason I would expect them to take McFadden...better two dynamic running backs than none, and hog him from the competition (no pun intended)

I'm expecting Dorsey to go #1 to the Dolphins at this point, but he'd certainly be a possibility if Miami went elsewhere.

themsu97
12-11-2007, 11:37 AM
they'll trade down... the Patriots are not going to spend the money on what McFadden will ask for being #2... they will trade that pick...

in a perfect world, they will trade that pick to the Texans for Rosenfels, they need a back up.....

no, like one poster said, they will trade for a vet an other draft picks

DDBooger
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yeah, that's the reason I would expect them to take McFadden...better two dynamic running backs than none, and hog him from the competition (no pun intended)

I'm expecting Dorsey to go #1 to the Dolphins at this point, but he'd certainly be a possibility if Miami went elsewhere. depends on what Miami is thinking, they're defense is aging as well, but how many qb's do they plan on going through? for the overall 1st pick though, there is no qb worth that at this point. yeah the pats could use McFadden as dynamic as he is, but with what they'd have to pay McFadden to just get at most 15 carries a game, would be kinda bad business, unless the pats changed their style and started pounding it a bit more setting up playaction(which they don't need to) then perhaps.

DDBooger
12-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
they'll trade down... the Patriots are not going to spend the money on what McFadden will ask for being #2... they will trade that pick...

in a perfect world, they will trade that pick to the Texans for Rosenfels, they need a back up.....

no, like one poster said, they will trade for a vet an other draft picks i concur.

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
depends on what Miami is thinking, they're defense is aging as well, but how many qb's do they plan on going through? for the overall 1st pick though, there is no qb worth that at this point. yeah the pats could use McFadden as dynamic as he is, but with what they'd have to pay McFadden to just get at most 15 carries a game, would be kinda bad business, unless the pats changed their style and started pounding it a bit more setting up playaction(which they don't need to) then perhaps.

I'm not so sure that this season isn't a change of style for them. Until this year, the Pats were always a run-first, play-action team who could go to Brady whenever they wanted, but enjoyed eating up clock with the likes of Corey Dillon and Antwain Smith.

All I know is that somehow, the rich will get much richer this offseason.

Adidas410s
12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Right now the Cows are looking at having the #31 and #21 picks in the 1st round. Those are worth roughly 1400 points on the draft pick value chart. The #2 pick is worth 2600 and the #3 pick worth 2200. I wonder what the Cows would have to trade to move up to get that pick. That is assuming they decide to replace Julius Jones and not go after a WR or more defensive help.

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Right now the Cows are looking at having the #31 and #21 picks in the 1st round. Those are worth roughly 1400 points on the draft pick value chart. The #2 pick is worth 2600 and the #3 pick worth 2200. I wonder what the Cows would have to trade to move up to get that pick. That is assuming they decide to replace Julius Jones and not go after a WR or more defensive help.

most likely a third, and next year's first if you want to get that high.

kaorder1999
12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
If the Patriots do end up with a chance for McFadden, they will trade away that pick..

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 11:59 AM
No one trades down anymore. The teams wanting to trade down
ask for way too much. Teams that might want to trade up
aren't willing to give up the farm on a crap shoot.

themsu97
12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I think now that I have actually watched the Pats play a few games that the Pats have Colts envy... they always say that Welker is like Stokley, they went after Moss and Stallworth to be like Harrison and Wayne...
Bellichik is trying to prove that Brady is better than Manning so he is going out and throwing the ball alot more to prove his point...