gatordaze
12-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I Was thinking WILL suffer the most...

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Snyder.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:41 AM
LH has 24 graduating seniors. but i believe we lost even more 2 years ago and we followed that graduation up with a state championship, so :rolleyes: :D

Ranger Mom
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I am afraid that Greenwood is going to be suffering for the next few years!!:(

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:44 AM
isnt greenwood good in baseball tho?

Ranger Mom
12-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
isnt greenwood good in baseball tho?

Baseball?? How in the heck would I know??:D

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
ill take that as a no :)

Centextrash
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Hutto suffered a TON of injuries this year.

pirate4state
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Sinton suffered it's worst season in 10 years :weeping:

At least we have the spring to look forward to! :D

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Snyder.

I guess I totally misunderstood this thread. I thought it was
asking who was going to be losing the most after this season
given some of the initial respones.:doh:

pirate4state
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I guess I totally misunderstood this thread. I thought it was
asking who was going to be losing the most after this season
given some of the initial respones.:doh: Well he didn't really specify in his title ;)

Texasfootball2
12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH has 24 graduating seniors. but i believe we lost even more 2 years ago and we followed that graduation up with a state championship, so :rolleyes: :D

Abilene Wylie is graduating 39 seniors this year. They will have a good group of core players returning next year.:thumbsup:

buff4life
12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Abilene Wylie is graduating 39 seniors this year. They will have a good group of core players returning next year.:thumbsup:

that seems like an oxymoron...

Texasfootball2
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
that seems like an oxymoron...

Hey buff4life, :doh: Is that just a nice way of calling me a Moron:thinking: Can't say that I blame you sometimes.:D

Stownhorse
12-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
"which 3a team suffered the most"

:confused:

Whats the name of this forum? Im so forgetful.

buff4life
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey buff4life, :doh: Is that just a nice way of calling me a Moron:thinking: Can't say that I blame you sometimes.:D

No lol, i was saying if you LOSE 39 seniors, it doesn't seem likely at all that a good core group could be returning...

an example of an oxymoron would be "alone together"

Texasfootball2
12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
No lol, i was saying if you LOSE 39 seniors, it doesn't seem likely at all that a good core group could be returning...

Actually I caught it, just that I would poke a little fun :D

Truth is that even though Wylie graduates 39 seniors, I think there were 21 juniors on varsity and 7 more on the JV (which was undefeated this year). Eight of these juniors played a significant role on the team this year and this years sophmore class (which was the JV) is an outstanding class and should fill in very well next year.

buff4life
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Truth is that even though Wylie graduates 39 seniors, I think there were 21 juniors on varsity and 7 more on the JV (which was undefeated this year). Eight of these juniors played a significant role on the team this year and this years sophmore class (which was the JV) is an outstanding class and should fill in very well next year.

GOD GO 4A ALREADY!!! Giddings didn't even have 39 people on varsity

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
"which 3a team suffered the most"

:confused:

I'll say Huntington. They lost to two 1A schools in 2007. Ouch.

bigron15
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM

i believe they had 33 seniors on varsity in last year. we had 33 on varsity that year.

but anyways...i say snyder will suffer the most next year. after all they have a good chance of being in a district with SWEETWATER:D

nobogey72
12-11-2007, 07:50 PM

Another example of an oxymoron would be for a "nerd" like buff4life having an underwear-clad hot babe doing the "air-hump" on his posts.:D :D :D

buff4life
12-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Another example of an oxymoron would be for a "nerd" like buff4life having an underwear-clad hot babe doing the "air-hump" on his posts.:D :D :D

except this "nerd" ain't no nerd and he gets his :D :D

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 08:00 PM

That's his hookup from last weekend you clown!!! :D

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Which team suffered the most?

I'd say Giddings. I hear the toilets in the lockerroom leaked all year and Brock Fitzhenry and Alan Dock made promises not to wash their lucky socks all year.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Which team suffered the most?

I'd say Giddings.

Crumble Crumble Crumble

VWG
12-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Vernon
Graduation will hit the Lions pretty hard.

TAMUGRAD
12-12-2007, 07:21 AM

My first thoughts when I saw his hip swiveling gal was man this guy must be trying to overcompensate for some short coming....

Then my second thought was the song that goes "I'm so much cooler online..."

AggiesAreWe
12-12-2007, 09:09 AM

WOW!! 60 players on a 3A varsity football team, that's incredible. Also had 7 juniors on the JV. My team, Silsbee, only had 38 players on the varsity, 22 of which were seniors and Silsbee is considered a big 3A. WOS only had 30 players on varsity.

I have to question the accuracy of Wylie's enrollment numbers.

Texasfootball2
12-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
WOW!! 60 players on a 3A varsity football team, that's incredible. Also had 7 juniors on the JV. My team, Silsbee, only had 38 players on the varsity, 22 of which were seniors and Silsbee is considered a big 3A. WOS only had 30 players on varsity.

What people don't understand about Wylie is, that it's not the enrollment #'s. It's the participation numbers. Approximately 38% of the male population at Wylie will play football. We turned in 956 this October. This means there are about 478 boys in school +/-. 38% of that is about 180. Thats about how many 9-12 graders played football.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM

Why do you need to question their enrollment numbers? We suited up 46 on varsity and had about 140-145 in h.s. playing football. We turned in 717 (I've seen 711 also).

Texasfootball2
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why do you need to question their enrollment numbers? We suited up 46 on varsity and had about 140-145 in h.s. playing football. We turned in 717 (I've seen 711 also).

Those are pretty good perticipation #'s also. I think that has a lot to do with why Wylie and LH have good programs and competitive teams every year. Having good coaches doesn't hurt:D

Maroon87
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM

We (Calallen) are 4A and we carry maybe 40 on varsity.

trojan37
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I have to go with my homie town on this one. We have been in what I claim to be the weakest district in 3A in the state, yet our coach acts like we have accomplished something making the playoffs 4 years in a row. Well coach, district realignment is coming up, and you maybe heading south, which would put you back with, hmm, let me see here, LV, CHINA SPRING, ROBINSON!:doh:

nobogey72
12-12-2007, 10:08 PM

To add to what TexasFootball2 said, Coach Sandifer has a special way of making every Senior on the football team feel special. Of the 37 seniors this year, probably 20-25 of them knew going in that they stood little chance of playing when district and playoffs start. The reason that they still want to be part of the program is that Sandifer preaches every day that it takes all 37 of them. Whatever their role is, he makes them take pride in it. And, at Wylie, it is still cool to be on the team, even if you don't play much. That's why you rarely see a soph on the varsity at Wylie. Any time he can get every senior in a game, it is a great source of pride for all the coaches. That is a goal every week. My son was a senior on the '04 State Campionship team, and he only got to play in the blowouts. But, he was and still is convinced that he was a very important part of that team, and he wears his ring proudly. As a parent, you can't ask for more than that out of a coach. He does it year after year. Like TF2 said, when 38% of your boys are playing football it is because of the way they are treated and respected. That is also why Wylie is never ranked very high at the beginning of every year----- there are never many returning starters. Lots of Jr.s get quality playing time, but year after year it is a Senior dominated team.

injuredinmelee
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
To add to what TexasFootball2 said, Coach Sandifer has a special way of making every Senior on the football team feel special. Of the 37 seniors this year, probably 20-25 of them knew going in that they stood little chance of playing when district and playoffs start. The reason that they still want to be part of the program is that Sandifer preaches every day that it takes all 37 of them. Whatever their role is, he makes them take pride in it. And, at Wylie, it is still cool to be on the team, even if you don't play much. That's why you rarely see a soph on the varsity at Wylie. Any time he can get every senior in a game, it is a great source of pride for all the coaches. That is a goal every week. My son was a senior on the '04 State Campionship team, and he only got to play in the blowouts. But, he was and still is convinced that he was a very important part of that team, and he wears his ring proudly. As a parent, you can't ask for more than that out of a coach. He does it year after year. Like TF2 said, when 38% of your boys are playing football it is because of the way they are treated and respected. That is also why Wylie is never ranked very high at the beginning of every year----- there are never many returning starters. Lots of Jr.s get quality playing time, but year after year it is a Senior dominated team.

i cant think of many other teams in my 12 yrs at Wylie that had as many key starters that were jrs. The only other team i can think of would be the group with Ensor, Lampert, and them.

SpeedOption
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Suffer? These are my nominations.

Lamesa
Comanche
Bonham
Kemp
Sabine
Center
Bridge City
Tarkington
Stafford
Ingram Tom Moore
Carrizo Springs
and
Progreso started well then got Androed

CHSfan
12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
last year cuero's football team lost 31 seniors!! so this year was supposed to be like a growing year!! but hmm.....

buff4ever
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Giddings lost a lot of good senior athletes that will be tough to replace (Brock, Dock and Locke along with duncan, socha and brooks), but there was also a lot of very good young talent on the team that will step up. These holes are hard to fill but giddings will, the hard part about next year is that MOST of the above were leaders and coaches on the field. They had been for a few years and that is hard to replace the very next year.

Giddings will be in the playoffs again next year, no matter which district they are in, but I don't see any top 10 talk unless they show something for the first 5 games of the year. I would call them a 15 to 18 ranking. LOTS OF GOOD YOUNG PLAYERS INCLUDING FRESHMAN THAT GOT A LOT OF PT THIS YEAR.

NDFootball
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM

They are losing a bunch but they have a ton of talent coming up in the next few years...they keep getting better and better

CHSfan
12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
They are losing a bunch but they have a ton of talent coming up in the next few years...they keep getting better and better
so does cuero!! :D looks like we are goin to do good for a few years to come!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Any posters from towns that faced Snyder had to suffer through their posts.

Bobcat_Mom
12-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina has 29 Seniors. 12 returning underclassman

That just means the JV team moving up are already used to playing together, which they had a great season.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Any posters from towns that faced Snyder had to suffer through their posts.
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

charlesrixey
12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

:clap: :evillol:

Bobcat_Mom
12-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
:clap: :evillol:

:clap:

buff4ever