PDA

View Full Version : 11-11 Houston Rockets

Astrosdawg07
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Rockets get beat handily in Philly...What the hell is wrong with this team???? I know there is talent this team started 6 -0

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Rockets get beat handily in Portland...What the hell is wrong with this team???? I know there is talent this team started 6 -0

Is Rafer Alston still our starting PG?

Astrosdawg07
12-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Is Rafer Alston still our starting PG?

yea...:rolleyes:

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 01:44 AM
You asked: What the hell is wrong with this team????

I then asked: Is Rafer Alston still our starting PG?

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
yea...:rolleyes:

I say: That's what.

coach
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM
they have talent but its all overrated talent

Maroon87
12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm surprised that McGrady doesn't get hurt getting out of bed in the morning. That dude is fragile!

JasperDog94
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Yao Ming gets no respect for a big man (IMO). Every time somebody runs into him, it's a foul on Yao. But Heaven forbid that Yao get a call when he gets hammered every time he goes to the paint for a hook shot. I saw a guy actually take his watch earlier this year and their was no call.:doh: :D

Astrosdawg07
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yao Ming gets no respect for a big man (IMO). Every time somebody runs into him, it's a foul on Yao. But Heaven forbid that Yao get a call when he gets hammered every time he goes to the paint for a hook shot. I saw a guy actually take his watch earlier this year and their was no call.:doh: :D

True but if Yao would start to get physical back he would start to get some of those calls. This whole team is soft right now, the only bright spot has been Bonzi Wells.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2007, 10:56 PM
I would have to say coaching, last season the Rockets were almost unbeatable when Yao and McGrady stayed healthy. That Rockets team lacked depth and had very little production from their bench. This season they add Mike James, Louis Scola, Steve Francis and return an improved Bonzi Wells. They also draft Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry. They should be a better team.

There has been all this talk about Adelman's motion offense, but I haven't seen much difference. I don't like the way Adelman is using his players. In the Memphis game, he plays Yao and Tmac almost the whole game. The Rockets were in no danger of losing that game, so with an upcoming road trip, resting players would of been beneficial. The last couple of games, the starters have looked tired and much slower than the opposition. Noticed how the reserves made it a much closer game? He doesn't run any plays for Scola, a player that I think could really help this team. He continues to start 3 players that aren't any kind of an offensive threat, allowing teams to easily focus their defense on Yao and Tmac. I would never of thought I would be saying this, but the Rockets miss the structure of JVG.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
last season the Rockets were almost unbeatable when Yao and McGrady stayed healthy.

They were almost unbeatable, but couldn't find a way to beat Dallas or San Antonio...then lost to the Jazz in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.

:thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
12-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
They were almost unbeatable, but couldn't find a way to beat Dallas or San Antonio...then lost to the Jazz in the 1st Round of the Playoffs.

:thumbsup:

They actually split the series with SA, winning both games on the road and not having Tmac and Yao play together in either of those games. They went 1-3 against Dallas, but in the 3 losses, Yao Ming didn't play at all. In the game that he played, the Rockets won by 31 points. I don't have the numbers, but Houston had a very good record when Yao and Tmac were both playing.