PDA

View Full Version : Could the LSU Tigers beat the Miami Dolphins?

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm curious to see what people think on this one.

Could a Top Ranked CFB team beat a horrible NFL team?

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
no..nope..NOT EVEN CLOSE

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no..nope..NOT EVEN CLOSE

What are your reasons?

piratebg
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't know, but I'm kind of curious to find out. :D

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Even though the Dolphins are crappy they are still like an all-star college football team. NFL is the best of the best as far as players go. Everyone of the players on the Dolphins team are trained and fine tuned their techniques. They are bigger and faster than LSU in aver facet of the game.

Fal44
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I think the dolphins would win 2-0 with a late safety in the 4th...

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Because a bad NFL team is still full of former studs in college

As much as we think College football has become like pro, how many hours a day does a college player actually watch film, work-out and get ready during the day? 2 hrs? heck i will give u 5 hours as an extreme

And NFL player is at it all day everyday, that is their only job..dont have to worry about class, papers, projects or anything else

As bad as Miami has been, they have not got beat 50-7 everygame..Dallas struggled with them for a half, so in essence is a team like LSU could beat the Fins, then your saying they could play well agianst other teams in the NFL

They lost to the Texans by three..so LSU could hang with the Texans?

Only lost to the Skins by 3..Could LSU hang with Washington?

I just think the difference in a bad NFL team and a good college team ESPECIALLY in this year of college football is still a HUGE gap

SUPERMANN5107
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Awesome post

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Because a bad NFL team is still full of former studs in college

As much as we think College football has become like pro, how many hours a day does a college player actually watch film, work-out and get ready during the day? 2 hrs? heck i will give u 5 hours as an extreme

And NFL player is at it all day everyday, that is their only job..dont have to worry about class, papers, projects or anything else

As bad as Miami has been, they have not got beat 50-7 everygame..Dallas struggled with them for a half, so in essence is a team like LSU could beat the Fins, then your saying they could play well agianst other teams in the NFL

They lost to the Texans by three..so LSU could hang with the Texans?

Only lost to the Skins by 3..Could LSU hang with Washington?

I just think the difference in a bad NFL team and a good college team ESPECIALLY in this year of college football is still a HUGE gap To add to that could Kentucky beat Miami could Arkansas beat Miami?

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
To add to that could Kentucky beat Miami could Arkansas beat Miami?

good point, and that was why I added especially in this year of college football

While I still would say no, I could understand the argument with a team that goes unbeaten and pretty much dominates any college team they play

But LSU and Ohio State both have lost to another college team, and the fact is they have not exactly won in easy routs over top teams in college football

I remember someone asking Jimmy Johnson if one of his Miami teams who won a Nc could beat Dallas when they were 1-15..he said it would not be close, Dallas would win by 4 TDs if not more

Just a TOTALLY different game on the two levels

SpeedOption
12-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Men vs Growing Boys. Dumb Question

IHStangFan
12-11-2007, 12:01 AM
nope...see "could LH hang w/ Katy/SLC" thread for my somewhat uniform answer. ;)

coach
12-11-2007, 01:51 AM
a few years ago when south lake had an awsome team with chase daniels at qb a kid at myschool claimed that they could beat notre dame

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by coach
a few years ago when south lake had an awsome team with chase daniels at qb a kid at myschool claimed that they could beat notre dame

Not unless Charlie Weis was coaching them. ;)

mwynn05
12-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by coach
a few years ago when south lake had an awsome team with chase daniels at qb a kid at myschool claimed that they could beat notre dame doesnt suprise me....who said that?

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Not a chance in Hell. Think of it this way: how many rookie QB's step right into the NFL and single-handedly win games immediately? How often does that happen? Once, maybe twice every quarter century?

Dan Marino and Mike Vick are the only ones I can think of since I've been alive. Peyton threw more picks than TD's his rookie season. Drew Bledsoe didn't blossom until his second or third season, and the same went for Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper, and Vince definitely wasn't on that Vick/Marino level. And if guys like these, who were the absolute cream of the crop in college, can't get it done, then how in the world is Matt Flynn supposed to help that offense to a W. Sorry, but he can't hand the ball off every play against an NFL team. Even if it's the 'Fins.

Just watch the speed of the NFL game compared to the college game. There's a reason the option doesn't work in the NFL, Barry Sanders was the only RB who could consistently go outside in the last 30 years, and college DB's who run 4.4's get torched by NFL WR's who run 4.7's.

That's like asking if the best 3A junior high squad in Texas could beat the worst varsity 3A squad or if Liberty Hill could beat a Division II college team. There's so much development between the ages of 21 and 29, it's rediculous. It's just not in the cards for any college team to beat any NFL team. They realized that back in the 60's when they cancelled the annual college/NFL game.

3afan
12-11-2007, 08:17 AM
"Could the LSU Tigers beat the Miami Dolphins?"

obviously not

WylieBulldog87
12-11-2007, 08:19 AM
My question is can Liberty Hill or Gilmer beat the Dolphins? LOL:)

WylieBulldog87
12-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Not unless Charlie Weis was coaching them. ;) LMAO;)

Adidas410s
12-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Is this question REALLY being asked??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
its obviously getting asked adidas :p

im sorry, i had to be a smarta$$

WylieBulldog87
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
its obviously getting asked adidas :p

im sorry, i had to be a smarta$$ LMAO. I can't believe this is a topic either.

Bearkat
12-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I hate these questions. You see them every year. Some college team(sometime high school teams) is doing well and people want to compare them to a pro team that is not doing so well. Look, I realize that the dolphins are not very good, but everyone on that team is a pro athlete. How many of LSU's players will make it to the NFL? I know there will be some that are very successful, but there are not 53 players on the LSU team that will become pro's. Don't compare NFL players with young men.

CowboyBillWatts
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
LSU couldn't even beat Kentucky or Arkansas! Miami would hammer LSU! What a stupid poll question!

I guess this makes me a stupid poll question voter... lol!

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
any given Sunday....

if Appalachian State can topple Michigan, I don't think it's unfeasible to imagine that if the Tigers and Dolphins played 100 times, the Tigers would win one or two.

CenTexSports
12-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I think it would go to triple overtime and then it is a toos up.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
any given Sunday....

if Appalachian State can topple Michigan, I don't think it's unfeasible to imagine that if the Tigers and Dolphins played 100 times, the Tigers would win one or two. No