PDA

View Full Version : 15 Years of Monday Night Raw

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Was honored tonight did anybody else watch?

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 11:20 PM
wrestling still comes on?

Fal44
12-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Great Question..

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

I stopped watching after the storylines got ridiculous about 10 years ago

SWMustang
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I stopped watching after the storylines got ridiculous about 10 years ago

uh, I think they've always been rediculous

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I dont watch much but I just thought it was cool tonight to see all the old guys come back and wrestle and what not

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
when I stopped watching there was the NWO with Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin nash.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
uh, I think they've always been rediculous

Maybe it was b/c I was a wee lad :) I kind of draw the line when they say that voodoo is the reason someone can win a wrestling match and he throws worms on people...like people don't know its fake anyways

piratebg
12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Never got into it at all. Too much drama and not enough action for me. :p

SpeedOption
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Drama? lol no way

setxsports
12-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Great show!

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I found out while watching they were making a new American Gladiators that is going to be hosted by Hulk Hogan and Layla Ali so it looked pretty cool

piratebg
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I found out while watching they were making a new American Gladiators that is going to be hosted by Hulk Hogan and Layla Ali so it looked pretty cool

I'm kind of looking forward to that. I've been watching reruns of the old show on ESPN Classic. I used to watch the show all the time as a kid.

PurplePride2006
12-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I didn't see the first part of it, but the last hour or so was pretty good. I'm kinda glad it got away from the normal storyline and went old school.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
When there was no more WCW I lost interest.

That was back in like 98.

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
When there was no more WCW I lost interest.

That was back in like 98. i thought it was 2000 or 2001

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
WCW closed in March of '01.

The show was good overall....dragged a bit at points but overall an "entertainment" oriented show, if nothing else.

coach
12-11-2007, 01:48 AM
i thought it was 2000 or 2001

i was a nwo fan....was sting there tonight?

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by coach
i was a nwo fan....was sting there tonight? sting was never in wwe... He was in WCW only then went to TNA. Im pretty sure I have told you that several times coach.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 02:03 AM
I stopped watching a while ago as well. Vince McMahon getting 'blown up' in the limo a few months ago was the icing on the cake for me.

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I stopped watching a while ago as well. Vince McMahon getting 'blown up' in the limo a few months ago was the icing on the cake for me. I didnt really mind that too much it was just part of the story I hated how we never got to see where they were going to go with it

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Sting's contract w/ TNA expires this month. He's sitting it out "deciding' to resign or not. I hope and pray that he signs with WWE, gets a Legends Contract and is inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008. That way he gets a proper sendoff on the big stage, maybe even a Mania match against Flair AND a career spanning DVD that ONLY Vince can do since he owns all (except TNA) of Sting's career footage.

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 02:09 AM
I didnt really mind that too much it was just part of the story I hated how we never got to see where they were going to go with it

They were going to have it be a huge hoax w/ Kennedy being McMahon's accomplice. Then Benoit decided to kill his family and they dropped the whole angle. THEN when they tried to make Kennedy a huge star again, he was going to be McMahon's "son." BUT then Kennedy got busted in the steroid ring and got suspended. I personally don't see the hype behind him or why they are hell bent on pushing him but whatever.

Oh and speaking of DVDs, for any of you OLD SCHOOL fans, a history of World Class Championship Wrestling comes out today. Supposed to be good stuff on it....

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I love rasslin.' I try to catch it every Monday from 7:30-8 (between How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men) then again after Rules of Engagement ends at 9. I enjoyed it tonight.

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Sting's contract w/ TNA expires this month. He's sitting it out "deciding' to resign or not. I hope and pray that he signs with WWE, gets a Legends Contract and is inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008. That way he gets a proper sendoff on the big stage, maybe even a Mania match against Flair AND a career spanning DVD that ONLY Vince can do since he owns all (except TNA) of Sting's career footage. I loved Sting he is a great wrestler and one of the best I've ever seen but to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame wouldnt be right to me since he actually never done any WWE wrestling and would have only wrestled there for maybe a year or two if the induction actually did take place. I respect everything he did in WCW and TNA for that matter just think the WWE Hall of Fame should be reserved for people who accomplished great things in the WWE

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 02:18 AM
I loved Sting he is a great wrestler and one of the best I've ever seen but to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame wouldnt be right to me since he actually never done any WWE wrestling and would have only wrestled there for maybe a year or two if the induction actually did take place. I respect everything he did in WCW and TNA for that matter just think the WWE Hall of Fame should be reserved for people who accomplished great things in the WWE

While that may be true...the Hall of Fame is now the wrestling hall of fame. Period. Nick Bockwinkel (sp?) was inducted as was Verne Gagne and they were both pioneers in he AWA. Sting deserves to be recoginzed and the WWE is the only way it will happen. TNA is absolutely nothing in terms of competition and they can in no way do justice to his career. Vince owns Sting's footage from the UWF and his NWA/WCW career. A one year deal that would show all that footage of him growing up and into the business, skip over the TNA section and forward to a final Mania match w/ Flair..that's a 3 disc set right there. Hall of Fame '08 should be centered around Flair and his allies/opponents: Flair, Anderson, Blanchard, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon, Ricky Steamboat, Sting. That's money.

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
I thought Sting hated WWE. Isn't that why he didn't sign on when WCW collapsed?

And I gotta say, Sting was my favorite wrestler growing up, too. I still have his wrestling buddy figure, but I let TxChallenge keep it so he feels safe at night when he goes to bed.

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
he never said he hated it, just didn't want the travel schedule as he doesn't need the money. He's born again so he did object to some storylines way back when but they've toned it down. Plus w/ other born agains like HBK & Dibiase and of course his friend Flair...I think they could talk him into it. Even if he isn't wrestling, a Legends Contract is basically rights to print money in forms of DVDs, action figures & video game appearances. Who wouldn't want to play as Sting in Smackdown vs. Raw 2009????

big daddy russ
12-11-2007, 02:32 AM
he never said he hated it, just didn't want the travel schedule as he doesn't need the money. He's born again so he did object to some storylines way back when but they've toned it down. Plus w/ other born agains like HBK & Dibiase and of course his friend Flair...I think they could talk him into it. Even if he isn't wrestling, a Legends Contract is basically rights to print money in forms of DVDs, action figures & video game appearances. Who wouldn't want to play as Sting in Smackdown vs. Raw 2009????
Gotcha.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Coolest WWF/WCW/TNA wrestler ever!
http://www.youtube.com/v/bzTC1Vs5DMI&rel=1
http://www.youtube.com/v/6mZt_0L4IuY&rel=1

I liked the NWO. They were awesome!
http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/nwo/nWoFront.jpg

themsu97
12-11-2007, 09:09 AM
the problem with the NWO was Sixpac... he was an idiot...

now the Wolfpack with Conan was awesome...

the only thing that could really save the WWE is either:1) Sting 2) Goldberg or 3) the Rock...

rumor has it that is why McMahon named himself the greatest of all time on Raw because Rock either could not or would not make an appearance and something to do with Hogan...

King_LeYoeNidas
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
who said the E needs saving? Goldberg has an ego problem and did nothing for the business. Sting while a legend wouldn't be a benefit IN THE RING long term. Rock...it'd be nice but it won't happen.
the second vince said (weeks ago) that he would announce the greatest Raw superstar was, any fan knew it'd be an ego stroke to his character. Hogan is at Vince's mercy right now because of all his problems with his old lady and idiot son.

Maroon87
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Oh and speaking of DVDs, for any of you OLD SCHOOL fans, a history of World Class Championship Wrestling comes out today. Supposed to be good stuff on it....

YEEESSSS!!! It's about time! I need to see some of those old Freebirds/Von Erichs matches. Those were great.

I lost interest in wrestling when The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin left. I see Stone Cold at the NASCAR races at TMS all the time now. He does driver introductions, or at least he has the last couple of races.

To me the best era of wrestling was the mid-late 80's, when there were a bunch of different shows on (WCW, World Class, WWF, AWA, etc.) My all time fave was Ric Flair and the Horsemen because they wore nice clothes, had all the money , all the titles, and got all the girls.:thumbsup:

eagles_victory
12-11-2007, 01:33 PM
who said the E needs saving? Goldberg has an ego problem and did nothing for the business. Sting while a legend wouldn't be a benefit IN THE RING long term. Rock...it'd be nice but it won't happen.
the second vince said (weeks ago) that he would announce the greatest Raw superstar was, any fan knew it'd be an ego stroke to his character. Hogan is at Vince's mercy right now because of all his problems with his old lady and idiot son. I coudnt believe she filed for divorce on Hulk. But I think Hulks appearance last night was mainly to advertise the new American Gladiators coming on NBC