PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville 60, Tarkington 0

KvilleWildcats60
09-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Kirbyville played well this week vs tarkington. Although Tarkington was not that impressive I found Kirbyville winning with class. Kirbyville is definately a threat to go deep this year. Good Luck Kirbyville. 4-0

:cool: LETS GO CATS :cool:

Pedestrian
09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Who is Tarkington?

j_dog
09-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Pedestrian:
Who is Tarkington?A bedroom community to Cleveland.

Bulldog92
09-22-2003, 07:57 AM
I hope Kirbyville does have a good year this year and gets the third playoff slot behind Jasper and Newton, but a win over a punchless Tarkington team is nothing to get too excited about. Just beat Diboll. That's all I'm asking every team in our district to do...even if I know Huntington would lose to their own marching band. :D

St. Ivender
09-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Pedestrian:
Who is Tarkington?Kirbyville beating Tarkington is like what would happen if Bon Wier played Merryville.

Reveille
09-22-2003, 09:01 AM
I agree that Tarkington isn't much. A few years ago K-ville would have struggled to beat them. K-ville is undefeated. They are an improved ball club. I am happy to see it.

Compudyne
09-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Reveille:
I agree that Tarkington isn't much. A few years ago K-ville would have struggled to beat them. K-ville is undefeated. They are an improved ball club. I am happy to see it.It just makes the District that much more interesting. It has to be more fun for Jasper and Newton if Kirbyville has a good team. Playing someone that you know cannot beat you is not that fun. Playing someone that has a chance to beat you makes everything a little more exciting

Reveille
09-22-2003, 09:42 AM
I totally agree Compudyne. Diboll is going to be in the mix this year also. If Newton stays healthy, I believe everybody else will be playing for second and third. Anything can happen though.

St. Ivender
09-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Reveille:
I totally agree Compudyne. Diboll is going to be in the mix this year also. If Newton stays healthy, I believe everybody else will be playing for second and third. Anything can happen though.If Diboll Kirbyville and Newton are the top 3 then Diboll goes D-1. Is there any chance that Woodville can make noise? Kirbyville could go D-1 then.

Hupernikomen
09-22-2003, 11:55 AM
KvilleWildcats60:
Kirbyville played well this week vs tarkington. Although Tarkington was not that impressive I found Kirbyville winning with class. Kirbyville is definately a threat to go deep this year. Good Luck Kirbyville. 4-0

:cool: LETS GO CATS :cool: No doubt Tarkington wasn't very impressive and Kirbyville certainly was. Their players definetly performed well in ever phase of the game including class, but Kirbyville's coach showed as little class as I have seen in HS football. Winning 54-0 in the forth quarter with less than 5 minutes to play, they went for it on 4 and 2 from their own 45 yard line. The play resulted in a touchdown.
They then did the same exact thing with under two minutes to go in the game and then on 1st down attempted a 50 something yard field goal!?!

I would love to hear your take on how that is "winning with class".

Wildcat81
09-22-2003, 12:02 PM
St. Ivender:

Pedestrian:
Who is Tarkington?Kirbyville beating Tarkington is like what would happen if Bon Wier played Merryville.So St.Ivender you know were Bon Wier is.

Rocksolid
09-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Hupernikomen
[/qb]No doubt Tarkington wasn't very impressive and Kirbyville certainly was. Their players definetly performed well in ever phase of the game including class, but Kirbyville's coach showed as little class as I have seen in HS football. Winning 54-0 in the forth quarter with less than 5 minutes to play, they went for it on 4 and 2 from their own 45 yard line. The play resulted in a touchdown.
They then did the same exact thing with under two minutes to go in the game and then on 1st down attempted a 50 something yard field goal!?!

I would love to hear your take on how that is "winning with class".[/QB][/QUOTE]
What are you talking about are you a mental case or something. Kirbyville did not go for it on 4th and 2 with 5 minutes it was 2nd and about 8 and Kirbyville put in a guy who had never ran the ball before and we accidently scored. And yes Kirbyville did kick a field goal on first but it was one Kirbyville knew they would probally not make. Kirbyville has problems kicking the point after why would they do that. By the way Hupernikomen I was wondering why this is your first post. Do you have another screen name you are afraid to use or somthing.

Compudyne
09-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Hupernikomen:

KvilleWildcats60:

:cool: LETS GO CATS :cool: No doubt Tarkington wasn't very impressive and Kirbyville certainly was. Their players definetly performed well in ever phase of the game including class, but Kirbyville's coach showed as little class as I have seen in HS football. Winning 54-0 in the forth quarter with less than 5 minutes to play, they went for it on 4 and 2 from their own 45 yard line. The play resulted in a touchdown.

I would love to hear your take on how that is "winning with class".Humperdink, I just happen to have a paper in front of me and it says that Cord Rawls of Kirbyville scored on a 54 yard run with 1:33 left in the 3rd Quarter. I have watched a couple of Kirbyville games this year and have never seen #24 play a down of offense. Evidently, things got out of hand and that is how it goes sometimes. If Kirbyville was really classless, I guess the would have score in the last 13 minutes and 33 seconds. Quit your whining and know the facts before you start running your mouth.

RBARKER
09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Folks, Tarkington makes every team they play look like State Champs. Good win but don't get to excited about this one. Everyone they have played this year has scored atleast 50 points. I hate it in district when Barbers Hill has to face them I don't even go to the game because even if you start your second string you would win by 30 easy.

Jason1725
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Hup, I was standing right by Coach Alvarez on both of those scoring plays and can tell you he was yelling for both of those guys to fall down after they broke open. He was just trying to run the clock out but Tarkington was so bad they couldn't tackle those guys either. Trust me he wasn't trying to run up the score the players who broke free sure were though.

Hupernikomen
09-22-2003, 12:58 PM
I was there as well and I know that both were 4th down plays and that the first one was on kirbyville's side of the field. Perhaps I am wrong on the time on the first one. There is no excuse for him not punting the ball, period!

Rocksolid
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Hupernikomen, by the way Kirbyville only ran 7 plays in the whole 2nd half on of which was the field goal on first and another was a kneel.

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 01:00 PM
You can't blame a kid who never gets to play for running for a touchdown. I was never a starter in Jr. High, but when I did get some playing time, if I had the ball in hand and nothing in front of me except endzone, the coach would have had to tackle me himself to keep me from scoring. Sometimes things get out of hand, but don't put the blame on the 2nd string kids. They want to play as much as anybody. :D

Rocksolid
09-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Hupernikomen:
I was there as well and I know that both were 4th down plays and that the first one was on kirbyville's side of the field. Perhaps I am wrong on the time on the first one. There is no excuse for him not punting the ball, period!YOU ARE A MORON the STATS don't lie

MtnAg
09-22-2003, 01:03 PM
If he punts the ball and dosent attempt a 50 yd FG then there is a great chance that they will score again because of field position. Sounds like if he attempted a FG that was unmakable that he was doing you a favor and gave you better field postion that a punt would.

Compudyne
09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Rocksolid:

Hupernikomen:
I was there as well and I know that both were 4th down plays and that the first one was on kirbyville's side of the field. Perhaps I am wrong on the time on the first one. There is no excuse for him not punting the ball, period!YOU ARE A MORON the STATS don't lieRock, you really should not call people names, that is not very nice. I do agreee with you though, stats don't lie.

Hupernikomen
09-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Rocksolid:
Hupernikomen, by the way Kirbyville only ran 7 plays in the whole 2nd half on of which was the field goal on first and another was a kneel.The field goal attempt came after the 2nd successful 4th down attempt and the score was 60-0. Congrats on an easy win and you guys have great players. But as I have stated before, it is poor sportsmanship for a coach to go for it on 4th down with the score as bad as it was. I am sure Kirbyville could have beaten us by 100 if they wanted too, but that isn't the point.

crimson blood
09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

:)

KvilleWildcats60
09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
The field goal attempt came after the 2nd successful 4th down attempt and the score was 60-0. Congrats on an easy win and you guys have great players. But as I have stated before, it is poor sportsmanship for a coach to go for it on 4th down with the score as bad as it was. I am sure Kirbyville could have beaten us by 100 if they wanted too, but that isn't the point. Please man you have this all wrong. I play for kirbyville and it was third down that we went for and it was only 2 yards. Cord Rawls the Defensive End wanted to run the ball he broke through tarkingtons PITIFUL defense and took it to the house, you cant blame the kid for scoring because he never gets the ball, and yes the coach was very mad at cord for scoring, and we did win with class. Yes we only ran 6 plays in the entire 2nd half. When tarkington would throw an incomplete pass the clock would keep running. so whatever kirbyville has done to upset you dont blame it on us or the coaches. LETS GO KVILLE