PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Trade up using one of their first round picks and a late round pick and draft Darren McFadden?

After this season Julius Jones is a unrestricted FA. IMO they let him go and do this. Marion Barber is a restricted FA and they re-negotiate with him.

ILS1
12-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Would love to see it happen but he will be gone by the time Dallas gets to pick. On the bright side, Jerry Jones is an Arkansas alum and might go after him!!!

:D :D :D

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Would love to see it happen but he will be gone by the time Dallas gets to pick. On the bright side, Jerry Jones is an Arkansas alum and might go after him!!!

:D :D :D Wouldn't that be why they would trade up? :D:D;)

ILS1
12-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Wouldn't that be why they would trade up? :D:D;)

It's always what they NEED first!! Right now, they don't need another RB. Julius will re-sign as will Marion. They will go defense first, like a safety or CB. Then D-lineman and maybe in the later rounds a backup QB!!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
It's always what they NEED first!! Right now, they don't need another RB. Julius will re-sign as will Marion. They will go defense first, like a safety or CB. Then D-lineman and maybe in the later rounds a backup QB!!! IMO they won't resign Jones. He hasn't lived up to the billing of a new contract. I think they could pick up Kenny Phillips later in the draft.

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Dallas has went defense in the first round at least the last 5 or 6 years it would be nice to see them get an offensive player first. The last offensive player I remember them drafting first round was TE David Laflore from LSU but maybe they have picked someone since then that Im missing because that was longer then 5 or 6 years ago

Emerson1
12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Trade up using one of their first round picks and a late round pick and draft Darren McFadden?

After this season Julius Jones is a unrestricted FA. IMO they let him go and do this. Marion Barber is a restricted FA and they re-negotiate with him.
No one is gonna trade the #1 or #2 pick for a #17+ pick and a later round pick. They would have to package in both first round picks.

It's not like madden where you can give a #20 pick of the 1, 3, and 4th rounds for the #1 every year

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

I think their mentality is don't fix what ain't broke...Jones hasn't put up the numbers to demand the kind of salary McFadden would ask for. ND bias aside I think Jones compliments Marion Barber well and I'm not sure that Dallas can afford a monster contract that a top 5 pick would require. IMO they will draft a wide receiver and start to get younger at the position or another corner. Jerry Jones is pretty unpredictable though and has made some interesting moves before. We'll see :)

iknoweverything
12-10-2007, 10:05 PM
The patriots will get Mcfadden. THey have San Fans pick and will probably draft second. How sick is that that the best team in teh league will get the second pick.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
The patriots will get Mcfadden. THey have San Fans pick and will probably draft second. How sick is that that the best team in teh league will get the second pick.

I doubt they'd draft McFadden with having drafted Laurence Maroney a couple of years ago. That's still pretty sickening though...will the stripped draft picks from the scandal earlier this season include that one?

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I doubt they'd draft McFadden with having drafted Laurence Maroney a couple of years ago. That's still pretty sickening though...will the stripped draft picks from the scandal earlier this season include that one? They'll lose their actual pick but will still have the San Francisco pick. IMO Maroney hasn't lived up to the billing. Good rookie year but not so good this year.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:13 PM
They'll lose their actual pick but will still have the San Francisco pick. IMO Maroney hasn't lived up to the billing. Good rookie year but not so good this year.

He was injured for awhile I don't know if he's returned or not yet I've only seen a couple of Pats games this year. The scary thing with high draft picks on running backs is you don't know what will happen to them. Reggie Bush tore his ACL already...who knows if he will have the same quickness again or if this is just the start of the injuries.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:15 PM
He was injured for awhile I don't know if he's returned or not yet I've only seen a couple of Pats games this year. The scary thing with high draft picks on running backs is you don't know what will happen to them. Reggie Bush tore his ACL already...who knows if he will have the same quickness again or if this is just the start of the injuries. Well Mr. Bush is turning out to be a bust.

8 offensive touchdowns last year
6 this year

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Oops idk if it was his ACL specifically...I just know it was a ligament in his knee...sorry about the mistype

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Oops idk if it was his ACL specifically...I just know it was a ligament in his knee...sorry about the mistype PCL I believe

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Well Mr. Bush is turning out to be a bust.

8 offensive touchdowns last year
6 this year

So far yes, but that's the other thing with the NFL draft you never know about. It's bizarre how things turn out.

iknoweverything
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
He was in a limited role last year and this year has been hurt. He will be fine. But as far as the patriots go they should trade maroney and draft Mcfadden. They should try and deal Maroney for a defensive player, linebacker or saftey. They are getting very old on that side of the ball.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
He was in a limited role last year Poor excuse

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:29 PM
He was in a limited role last year and this year has been hurt. He will be fine. But as far as the patriots go they should trade maroney and draft Mcfadden. They should try and deal Maroney for a defensive player, linebacker or saftey. They are getting very old on that side of the ball.

I agree NE needs some help in the secondary, but trading your 1st Round Pick after a disappointing 2nd season is kind of jumping the gun a little.

Did Meriweather hurt himself earlier in the year? I was expecting big things from him for NE.

iknoweverything
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
If you have the chance to get Mcfadden he will be ready to play from the day he gets there thats why i would trade Maroney.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
If you have the chance to get Mcfadden he will be ready to play from the day he gets there thats why i would trade Maroney.

McFadden isn't as physical as Maroney. NE needs a tough, physical runner. I see where you're dazzled by McFadden, but NE is in a great place each offseason. They don't have to worry about needs. They just have to worry about depth. They're the best team in the league....why mess with it?

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
McFadden isn't as physical as Maroney. NE needs a tough, physical runner. I see where you're dazzled by McFadden, but NE is in a great place each offseason. They don't have to worry about needs. They just have to worry about depth. They're the best team in the league....why mess with it? McFadden is more physical than maroney coming out of college. maroney is more of a finess back and he said that when the patriots were asking him about Marion Barber. he told his team mates that Barber is looking for contact while he tries to make them miss.