PDA

View Full Version : Will Clay or Justin Johnson

garciap77
12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Who is the better running back?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Not only is Johnson a better RB than Clay but he is also a better linebacker and athlete too.

That is why he is going to Oklahoma. ;)

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Not only is Johnson a better RB than Clay but he is also a better linebacker and athlete too.

That is why he is going to Oklahoma. ;)

Have you even seen either one of them?

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
yes

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Have you even seen either one of them?

I've seen both. :D They are both great backs for their respective teams.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll take Clay. I have yet to see anyone catch him once he gets loose. He can break tackles as well as lay a hit. He's definitely a hard nose runner.

As for Johnson, I'm sure he's a great back and a phenomonal athlete....it wouldn't be going to OU if he wasn't. However, I was more impressed with the soph QB and the WR that has committed to...LSU?.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll take Clay. I have yet to see anyone catch him once he gets loose. He can break tackles as well as lay a hit. He's definitely a hard nose runner.

As for Johnson, I'm sure he's a great back and a phenomonal athlete....it wouldn't be going to OU if he wasn't. However, I was more impressed with the soph QB and the WR that has committed to...LSU?.

Tuminello? He is going to La Tech - great hands!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

that what I heard, that QB sounds like the real deal

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

That would be the one....I knew it was a Louisiana school, but I couldn't remember which one. But I should, since the Wylie tv announcers said it over and over and over on their broadcast.

and over.

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

He should be at LSU, that kid can catch.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I'd like to compare the stats between Clay and Johnson.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who is the better running back?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I'm going with Will Clay. I like Johnson as a HS runner, but he's playing LB at Oklahoma from what I hear. When I grade players, I take into account how they'll do at the next level at that position.

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I'm going with Will Clay. I like Johnson as a HS runner, but he's playing LB at Oklahoma from what I hear. When I grade players, I take into account how they'll do at the next level at that position.

He is going to OU. nuff said. Where is Clay going?

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

I guess he'll go somewhere. I could care less where he's going. I'm not saying he's a bad football player. But he's not playing RB in college and I believe Clay is.

mrescape43
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Will Clay. He has exploded this year. What a year he is having.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2007, 07:45 PM
WILL CLAY IS MY BOY

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
I guess he'll go somewhere. I could care less where he's going. I'm not saying he's a bad football player. But he's not playing RB in college and I believe Clay is. Does it matter if he's playing RB in college. He is being recruited as an ATH and is going to Oklahoma while Clay is not going big time d1 like that.

mrescape43
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Does it matter if he's playing RB in college. He is being recruited as an ATH and is going to Oklahoma while Clay is not going big time d1 like that.

Due to Clay being from Snyder he could have 8000 yards 250 touchdowns and run a 3.9 40 and you would still down him. Not cool dude!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Due to Clay being from Snyder he could have 8000 yards 250 touchdowns and run a 3.9 40 and you would still down him. Not cool dude!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just saying. Clay surfaced a little to late in the recruiting process. He is a great RB i'm sure but due to him not surfacing in his soph. or junior season it will be hard for him to go big time. I do see him playing in division 1 championship subdivision

garciap77
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM

I agree! I saw Clay vs Vernon and Johnson vs Wylie, and not only is Clay hard to stop, but I believe Clay has more get away speed than Johnson!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6215.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6216.jpg

WylieBulldog92
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm more impressed with Will Clay than Justin Johnson.

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Will Clay. He has exploded this year. What a year he is having.

I don't understand where he was at last year. You cant get that good in 1 off season. I credit his line for his short yard games and his tackle breaking for the long runs he has.

rockdale80
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
JUSTIN JOHNSON IS A STUD....

Have not seen Clay play, so I cant say who is better, but he would have to be spectacular to be on the level of Justin Johnson. Is that possible? Absolutely, but I cant say.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

Sam Houston has offered him a full ride.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Sam Houston has offered him a full ride. If he goes there he could have a tie to Johnson.

Rhett Bomar plays at Sam. Rhett played at OU. Johnson is going to OU. :)

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
If he goes there he could have a tie to Johnson.

Rhett Bomar plays at Sam. Rhett played at OU. Johnson is going to OU. :)

He hasn't took the offer yet, I guess he's just waiting on any others offers...the way I take it he's had alot of interests

DU_stud04
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
only thing justin johnson lacks is the top speed. ive seen both backs.... and theyve both suprised me in differnet ways.... seems like clay is a bit more slippery and justin just breaks the tackles. real good back up the middle. both are very good backs, it would be nice to see will clay get some of the recruiting johnson is getting.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
A combination of Johnson and Clay would be great.

Johnson's power + Clay's elusiveness = my kind of RB

Between the tackes running is what I'm a fan of. I'm not too interested in seeing a guy that darts for the sidelines every time he touches the ball.

bobcat74
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
saying that Johnson is better because he is going to OU is just stupid. He's not even playing RB in college... :doh:

A perfect example is the comparison between Tim Tebow and Chase Daniel. Tebow is better at the college level and Daniel will probably be better in the NFL.

Clay is the better back here. Last year as well as next year have no bearing on who is the best right now. ;)

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74
saying that Johnson is better because he is going to OU is just stupid. He's not even playing RB in college... :doh:

A perfect example is the comparison between Tim Tebow and Chase Daniel. Tebow is better at the college level and Daniel will probably be better in the NFL.

Clay is the better back here. Last year as well as next year have no bearing on who is the best right now. ;) Daniel probably won't even get drafted and if he does it will be later in the draft. Reminds me of Troy Smith. Tebow will likely get drafted fairly high because of his arm strength, heisman, and stature.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Daniel probably won't even get drafted and if he does it will be later in the draft. Reminds me of Troy Smith. Tebow will likely get drafted fairly high because of his arm strength, heisman, and stature.

Pro scouts and GMs don't care if you won the Heisman in college. I'd consider it a better thing if you DON'T win the "I was a stud in college, but I'm going to be a horrible pro" Award.

Marcus Allen and select others excluded from previous comment.

bobcat74
12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Daniel won't get drafted?

So a heisman QB in a spread option gets a mid 1st round draft pick and a soph finalist for the heisman that stays in school and probably breaks every QB record that MIZZ has doesn't get drafted.

Nice point Go Blue.

BTW,
Tebow should fit real well in all those spread option offenses in the NFL. lol.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM

So a heisman QB in a spread option gets a mid 1st round draft pick and a soph finalist for the heisman that stays in school and probably breaks every QB record that MIZZ has doesn't get drafted.

Nice point Go Blue.

BTW,
Tebow should fit real well in all those spread option offenses in the NFL. lol. I said he may not get drafted but if he does it will be late in the draft.

Alex Smith is no where near the pro prospect or QB that Tebow was and he got drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft out of Utah under Urban Meyers system. ;)

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I said he may not get drafted but if he does it will be late in the draft.

Alex Smith is no where near the pro prospect or QB that Tebow was and he got drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft out of Utah under Urban Meyers system. ;)

Yeah, and Alex Smith has just torn the NFL apart since he got there...right?

The NFL has learned not to draft system QBs coming out of college with 1st Round draft picks. At least I hope they have.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 11:03 PM

The NFL has learned not to draft system QBs coming out of college with 1st Round draft picks. At least I hope they have. Proving my point. Urbans system makes QB's look good in college and good for pro scouts and Tebow will be a high draft pick 1-3rd round that will likely have the same results has Alex Smith. ;)

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Proving my point. Urbans system makes QB's look good in college and good for pro scouts and Tebow will be a high draft pick 1-3rd round that will likely have the same results has Alex Smith. ;)

I wasn't trying to blast your comment. I was simply making one of my own.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
I wasn't trying to blast your comment. I was simply making one of my own. Point and Counter point :)

I wasn't being a smartass with that last comment or anything just providing an opinion.

bobcat74
12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Proving my point. Urbans system makes QB's look good in college and good for pro scouts and Tebow will be a high draft pick 1-3rd round that will likely have the same results has Alex Smith. ;)

That was your point huh.

like i said nice point go blue.

This is so stupid. Clay is the better RB. Johnson is the better prospect. I'm done. My IQ is dropping at an alarming rate.

Nite fellas.

kepdawg
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Who's Will Clay? :thinking:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who's Will Clay? :thinking:

LOL, Man I had no idea I was stading right beside you at the game.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
JUSTIN JOHNSON IS A STUD....

Have not seen Clay play, so I cant say who is better, but he would have to be spectacular to be on the level of Justin Johnson. Is that possible? Absolutely, but I cant say.

Dito, but reverse Dito. :cool:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2007, 02:43 AM

Nice point Go Blue.

BTW,
Tebow should fit real well in all those spread option offenses in the NFL. lol.
Yea Mike Leach might go NFL someday!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2007, 02:45 AM

The NFL has learned not to draft system QBs coming out of college with 1st Round draft picks. At least I hope they have.

Look at ROMO, he wasn't even D-1.

TexanFan4Life
12-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Look at ROMO, he wasn't even D-1.

Yeah I know. Just because you aren't drafted doesn't mean you can't blossom into a great NFL player someday.

I really like Luke Getsy, former Akron QB who went undrafted last year and current App. State QB Armanti Edwards. Edwards needs to hit the weights, but man can he run? He has a nice arm too.

IHStangFan
12-11-2007, 03:28 AM
LOL....all of this talk about "well so and so is going to OU..nuff said" Clay has had nowhere near the exposure the Johnson kid has...and that's his coaches fault. Just because someone is going to a big time school doesn't mean JACK. Where did Ben Roethlisberger play his college ball? Miami-Ohio? Al Harris....A&M Kingsville, Jeff Garcia...San Diego State, Brian Urlacher...New Mexico, Chester Taylor...Toledo, Charles Tillman...La Lafayette, etc. etc. etc. So the whole "he's going to OU..so he's automatically better" argument is well....stupid. PLENTY of the league's best atheletes come from less than "big time" schools. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

CheerMom
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Is Justin Johnson, Manuel Johnson's brother?

tdsteele
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Cousin