PDA

View Full Version : Dang, Shermanator just stole a four-star WR from Stoops

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 04:48 PM
McKinney Boyd's Jeff Fuller switched his commitment from OU to TAMU after visiting Sherman in College Station this weekend. (http://tamu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=749443&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=) Sounds like Sherman's already started the headhunting, and I was kinda iffy on his ability to recruit.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 04:51 PM
not really a true steal IMO

Fuller's dad went to A&M and he really wanted to go, but was not really excited about Fran's O

but still a good commit

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
McKinney Boyd's Jeff Fuller switched his commitment from OU to TAMU after visiting Sherman in College Station this weekend. (http://tamu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=&script=content.asp&cid=749443&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=) Sounds like Sherman's already started the headhunting, and I was kinda iffy on his ability to recruit.

I just hope he stays away from McGuffie.:mad:

Adidas410s
12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I just hope he stays away from McGuffie.:mad:
I heard Sherman is in the process of filing adoption papers on McGuffie...should be finished by late January! ;)

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Fuller's dad went to A&M and he really wanted to go, but was not really excited about Fran's O

but still a good commit
Good to have some inside info on it. A&M has a couple of good young receivers. They keep getting these four-star commits, they might wind up with a decent little group.

Emerson1
12-10-2007, 05:55 PM
He didn't impress me much when I saw him. Only had 1 good catch against cove and it was late in the fourth when they were down 40.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He didn't impress me much when I saw him

maybe you should be Sherman's recruiting coordinator ha...

Emerson1
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
maybe you should be Sherman's recruiting coordinator ha...
Maybe fran's, I couldn't make it any worse.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Maybe fran's, I couldn't make it any worse.

fran was a great recruiter for other schools...

Bulldog_12
12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

but still a good commit

It was a true steal. From the sound of the story he was completely interested in OU and was for sure going there. Said he didn't feel right at A&M on his visit here his Junior year and his dad stayed out of it. He canceled all of his officials and was pretty locked into OU in September. Everything I saw on him was solid to OU before last night. On Friday, he came and visited Jerrod Johnson, who he was friends with, and just to meet Sherman and maybe see what he offered. De-commiting never crossed his mind until Saturday at the earliest, according to he and his father. On Saturday, he was very impressed, changed the visit to official, and called Bobby on Sunday to decommit.

His dad had very little influence on the A&M front except for the driving to and from and helping him weigh differences when asked. I love it that we now will have 2 big time receivers coming in this next year. That's something we havent been able to say here since, well, ever. As long as I can remember we have never had two wide outs of this caliber come in at the same time.:D

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
It was a true steal. From the sound of the story he was completely interested in OU and was for sure going there. Said he didn't feel right at A&M on his visit here his Junior year and his dad stayed out of it. He canceled all of his officials and was pretty locked into OU in September. Everything I saw on him was solid to OU before last night. On Friday, he came and visited Jerrod Johnson, who he was friends with, and just to meet Sherman and maybe see what he offered. De-commiting never crossed his mind until Saturday at the earliest, according to he and his father. On Saturday, he was very impressed, changed the visit to official, and called Bobby on Sunday to decommit.

His dad had very little influence on the A&M front except for the driving to and from and helping him weigh differences when asked. I love it that we now will have 2 big time receivers coming in this next year. That's something we havent been able to say here since, well, ever. As long as I can remember we have never had two wide outs of this caliber come in at the same time.:D

Well Fuller was a commit to A&M FIRST then switched to OU, then back to A&M, so he saw something he liked before Sherman got there enough to commit once before