PDA

View Full Version : Hoping New England Loses to the Giants

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
The Giants are the only team left that could foreseeably knock off the Pats. I sure hope it happens too.

Pittsburgh got waxed last night and they had been #1 in the league in Pass Defense, giving up only 154.0 ypg through the air. Their Run Defense stood true, as they've STILL only allowed 3 rushing TDs on the year.

Anyway..
do the Giants have a snowball's chance in hell of making this a game?

3afan
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

no

Adidas410s
12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Here's to hoping that the Patriots make their punter inactive this week vs the Jets! :)

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Here's to hoping that the Patriots make their punter inactive this week vs the Jets! :)

Speaking of the Jets...I started Leon Washington on my fantasy squad yesterday, hoping he'd replicate his performance against Miami. BUM!

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Is anyone rooting for the Pats simply because, they, like me, hate seeing the '72 Dolphins?

Phil C
12-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I hope the Patriots win them all until the Super Bowl where I am hoping they will face the Cowboys. Then besides the added pressure of winning the Super Bowl they would have the added pressure of winning them all.

I think they will beat the Giants. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins play their one great game of the year and pull off the upset when they play the Patriots.

Maroon87
12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Is anyone rooting for the Pats simply because, they, like me, hate seeing the '72 Dolphins?

I'm to the point where I hate both teams equally, but the thing that gets me about the Dolphins is how they openly cheer for other unbeatens to lose.

I think they should adopt my attitude about such things..."anyone can be next, but only one can be first."

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm to the point where I hate both teams equally, but the thing that gets me about the Dolphins is how they openly cheer for other unbeatens to lose.

I think they should adopt my attitude about such things..."anyone can be next, but only one can be first."

Mercury Morris and his big mouth are annoying already...

JasperDog94
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Mercury Morris and his big mouth are annoying already... "Don't call me when you're in my neighborhood. Call me when you're at my house!"

That's classic!:clap: :clap:

JJ7997
12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
The 72' dolphins are what 72 years old ? They need to stick to golf and retirement communities. Comparing the league then and now is like day and night. The present Dolphins would wax that team. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

The 'Fins are my favorite team and the only team I want to see put together another undefeated season would be Miami. I'm right there with the '72 bunch, especially in rooting against the Pats. There isn't a team I can't stand more than the Pats.

Honestly, I'd love for one of three things to happen to these Patriots:
1.) Finish the season undefeated. Then get waxed by their first playoff opponent. The 1942 Bears would like to welcome you to the club.
2.) Go 15-1. Their only loss coming at the hands of the 1-15 Miami Dolphins.
3.) Watch number two happen, then watch the Colts kick the junk out of them in the playoffs.

themsu97
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
notice how Peyton is kind of sending notice that he is getting playoff ready... his last few games he has been lights out... when they get Harrison back, lookout,
say what you want about the Patriots and their season, but to quote Ric Flair..." to be the man, you got to beat the man, wwooooooooooo"
and last time I checked the Colts won the Super Bowl last year, they are kind of flying low under the radar right now...

Highschoolfan78
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
notice how Peyton is kind of sending notice that he is getting playoff ready... his last few games he has been lights out... when they get Harrison back, lookout,
say what you want about the Patriots and their season, but to quote Ric Flair..." to be the man, you got to beat the man, wwooooooooooo"
and last time I checked the Colts won the Super Bowl last year, they are kind of flying low under the radar right now...

I'm loving the Ric Flair quote. woooooooooooooooooooo! God bless that man for still being in the ring alive at the age of 57.

JJ7997
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The 'Fins are my favorite team and the only team I want to see put together another undefeated season would be Miami. I'm right there with the '72 bunch, especially in rooting against the Pats. There isn't a team I can't stand more than the Pats.

Honestly, I'd love for one of three things to happen to these Patriots:
1.) Finish the season undefeated. Then get waxed by their first playoff opponent. The 1942 Bears would like to welcome you to the club.
2.) Go 15-1. Their only loss coming at the hands of the 1-15 Miami Dolphins.
3.) Watch number two happen, then watch the Colts kick the junk out of them in the playoffs.

I hope the Colts lose to Pittsburg in the playoffs, and it could very well happen. I cant stand the Colts. Their reign at the top should be short lived, because the Pats are head and shoulders better. A better QB, better Recievers, and better coached !

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I hope the Colts lose to Pittsburg in the playoffs, and it could very well happen. I cant stand the Colts. Their reign at the top should be short lived, because the Pats are head and shoulders better. A better QB, better Recievers, and better coached !
Better QB, possibly. Receivers, maybe. Coach, probably.

But in the grand scheme of things, Bill Belichek smells like onions, old socks, and a soothing mix of Ben Gay and Metamucil and Tom Brady is a male model.

http://jasonmagbanua.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/zoolander.jpg

I could care less if they're the best team since the 2004 Auburn Tigers ('cause everyone knows that there isn't a better team than the '04 Tigers), I still want them to lose.

themsu97
12-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997

I understand that people can have different opinions but, if you think that Brady is better than Manning, lay the pipe down and then turn off ESPN because Manning is way better... receivers, absolutely not... coach Maybe, very close there... Colts have better running game and their D is better...
advantage, Colts...

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
The Giants are the only team left that could foreseeably knock off the Pats. I sure hope it happens too.

Pittsburgh got waxed last night and they had been #1 in the league in Pass Defense, giving up only 154.0 ypg through the air. Their Run Defense stood true, as they've STILL only allowed 3 rushing TDs on the year.

Anyway..

only if the Pats bench their starters to rest up for the playoffs...Belicheck said he doesn't care about the history part of it

westtxfballfan
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM

YES

JJ7997
12-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Better QB, possibly. Receivers, maybe. Coach, probably.

But in the grand scheme of things, Bill Belichek smells like onions, old socks, and a soothing mix of Ben Gay and Metamucil and Tom Brady is a male model.

http://jasonmagbanua.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/zoolander.jpg

I could care less if they're the best team since the 2004 Auburn Tigers ('cause everyone knows that there isn't a better team than the '04 Tigers), I still want them to lose.

HaHa, thats probably true. :)

GreenGobbla
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I understand that people can have different opinions but, if you think that Brady is better than Manning, lay the pipe down and then turn off ESPN because Manning is way better... receivers, absolutely not... coach Maybe, very close there... Colts have better running game and their D is better...
advantage, Colts...

uhh, i dont think so...

and i when you says colts D, i hope you are only referring to bob sanders...

JJ7997
12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
receivers, absolutely not...

How do you figure ? Look at the numbers. I'd take Moss, Gafney, and Welker over the Colts recievers. Wayne is stellar, but he' the only reliable wideout they've had. Who knows when Harrison will come back and when he does if he'll ever be the same. Those tight ends in Clark and Gonzalez can and have been shut down this season.

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
well I personally really couldn't care less either way, but I sure hope the Giants don't beat the Patriots because my son (the one in Florida) would have a stroke if the Giants beat them and I really don't have time to fly to Florida right now :p

JJ7997
12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
well I personally really couldn't care less either way, but I sure hope the Giants don't beat the Patriots because my son (the one in Florida) would have a stroke if the Giants beat them and I really don't have time to fly to Florida right now :p

Heres to hoping that doesnt happen. ;)

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
I could care less... the pats are fun to watch when it's clicking...

WylieBulldog87
12-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I am hoping the jets beat them this week, the dolphins next and then the giants the week after. Is that possible? And then I hope they lose their first playoff game. Wouldn't that be a great season for the best team in NFL history?

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I am addicted to the endless pursuit of perfection the only way i would want the Pats to lose is if they lost to Dallas in the SB

piratebg
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't care who beats them. I just want them to lose once.

LHPfactory
12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I hope the Patriots win them all until the Super Bowl where I am hoping they will face the Cowboys. Then besides the added pressure of winning the Super Bowl they would have the added pressure of winning them all.

I think they will beat the Giants. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins play their one great game of the year and pull off the upset when they play the Patriots.

Ditto...thats what I was gonna post. That would be the perfect time to give em the and 1 on the record.