PDA

View Full Version : Ab. Wylie/gilmer .................wow!

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Haven't had a chance to say Congrats to Gilmer yet. This was an incredible football game played by two excellent football programs. Two totally different types of programs butted heads and gave everyone there more than their $$$$$'s worth. This game could have gone either way. Both teams also showed a lot of class towards one another both during and after the game. I think Wylie represented Reg.1 very well. Speed was not the difference in this game, nor did Gilmers sizes wear the Bulldogs down. The Buckeyes made the plays they had to, and the last call of the game was a great call, and #2 may have been the fastest player on the field and he needed it the make the corner. No excuses need to be made. It will be easy for me to rout for Gilmer this week.

*Haven't read or heard anything on the downlow from Pawdaddy. Just wanted to hear his take on the game since he predicted 42-0 by half time.

GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES! Win one more:thumbsup:

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Where were all the Wylie posters at half time?

Those of us that were there on the Gilmer side were waiting at half time in front of the home side ticket booth and no one showed up! :(

DU_stud04
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where were all the Wylie posters at half time?

Those of us that were there on the Gilmer side were waiting at half time in front of the home side ticket booth and no one showed up! :( yea..... we waited and waited and waited... :) i think they asked the same question.... turn left....right? and just went back in their gate.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
yea..... we waited and waited and waited... :) i think they asked the same question.... turn left....right? and just went back in their gate. ROFL good thing all i had to do was walk straight out! :eek: :D

DU_stud04
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL good thing all i had to do was walk straight out! :eek: :D did you know that two wrongs dont make a right but three left turns do?

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Lamar Harris is not the fastest player on Gilmer. That honor belongs to Jeremy Jackson, sophomore RB.

Gilmer is not anywhere near the fastest team around. It is not a perennial track power the way it is in football.

Speed kills, but total team effort annihilates.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Lamar Harris is not the fastest player on Gilmer. That honor belongs to Jeremy Jackson, sophomore RB.

Gilmer is not anywhere near the fastest team around. It is not a perennial track power the way it is in football.

Speed kills, but total team effort annihilates.

Annihilates:doh: :thinking: What ever. I don't remember Jeremy Jackson even getting in the game or at least he didn't touch the ball. Let me refrase it, #2 was probably the fastest man on the field that actually played. Is that better.

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2007, 11:57 AM
I wasn't at the game. I am not trying to demean you in any way. I just know who is fastest because I've seen this little guy run and others have said he is the fastest. He HAD been playing a lot when we were running a 2-back set.

My other point is that Gilmer does not have "track meet" speed. Otherwise it would be winning more track meets. Liberty-Eylau has more overall team speed than Gilmer. I'd imagine Roosevelt did as well. There is more to football than team speed, as teams like Wylie and, say, Highland Park prove year in and year out.

nobogey72
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Total class by Gilmer players, coaches, fans.... before, during, and after the game. Not many times at this point in the playoffs where you have both a classy winner, and a classy loser. I'm like Texasfootball2....... I've got no problem rooting for Gilmer next week against Liberty Hill.

side note: IMO---- of all the players on Gilmer's team if I had to pick one that could be a household name someday, it would be the QB Godfrey. 6'2 195# Sophmore??? Give me a break. I wasn't prepared for him to have that great arm and throwing motion. WOW!!!! He made some Sophmore mistakes, but with the game on the line and 29 seconds left, he got it done with both his legs and his arm. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Haven't had a chance to say Congrats to Gilmer yet. This was an incredible football game played by two excellent football programs. Two totally different types of programs butted heads and gave everyone there more than their $$$$$'s worth. This game could have gone either way. Both teams also showed a lot of class towards one another both during and after the game. I think Wylie represented Reg.1 very well. Speed was not the difference in this game, nor did Gilmers sizes wear the Bulldogs down. The Buckeyes made the plays they had to, and the last call of the game was a great call, and #2 may have been the fastest player on the field and he needed it the make the corner. No excuses need to be made. It will be easy for me to rout for Gilmer this week.

*Haven't read or heard anything on the downlow from Pawdaddy. Just wanted to hear his take on the game since he predicted 42-0 by half time.

GOOD LUCK BUCKEYES! Win one more:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dude, im not from Wylie, and if they lose it wont hurt my feelings any, but I would love to see them win and they have a decent chance IMO. I have a feeling that you wont be back if they do win.

Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Just like the Terminator........I'll be baaaack!

hahahaha!

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
hahahaha!

Hey, Stownhorse. I told you I would be here. Glad you are too. It's all good.