PDA

View Full Version : Leading rusher in Texas

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
It may be Will Clay. I forget which thread I was just reading, but it got me wondering, so I started looking around. The Dallas Morning-News may or may not have updated their stats since the end of the season, so I don't know for sure if they're up-to-date, but they don't have a single 2,000 yard rusher. Lamar's Jacquizz Rogers is the Houston area's top rusher with around 2,600 and 34 TD's, Mishak Rivas just barely passed the 2k mark, and there were only four or five Houston area 2k-yard rushers.

Sounds like Clay has as good a shot at leading the state as anyone.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It may be Will Clay. I forget which thread I was just reading, but it got me wondering, so I started looking around. The Dallas Morning-News may or may not have updated their stats since the end of the season, so I don't know for sure if they're up-to-date, but they don't have a single 2,000 yard rusher. Lamar's Jacquizz Rogers is the Houston area's top rusher with around 2,600 and 34 TD's, Mishak Rivas just barely passed the 2k mark, and there were only four or five Houston area 2k-yard rushers.

Yep

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Statesman.com: Dustin Gonzales of LH is leading central Texas in all classifications with 2100+ yards and 31 touchdowns.

DMN: McKinney Boyd RB who has 2600+ and 32 touchdowns. Also there is a TAPS RB with 2100+ yards and 20 touchdowns out of Argyle Liberty Christian.

Chronicle: Lamar Consolidated RB has 2600+ yards and 34 touchdowns. Rice consolidated RB has 2400+ yards and 30 touchdowns. Also three other RB's with 2100+ yards.

I don't know where to get south texas stats or west texas.

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 09:00 AM
mysa.com
San Antonio Express-News

caller.com
Corpus Christi Caller-Times

rgvsports.com
Brownsville Herald

Don't know the website, but Victoria's paper is the Advocate. You could google it for stats from the Cuero/Victoria/Bay City area. Those are the four major papers in South Texas.

ronwx5x
12-10-2007, 09:11 AM

According to TexasFootball.com,, Marcus Wright of SA Reagan has 3232 yds. and 43 TD's. The article didn't state that this is the highest, it just gave his totals as of last Friday.

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
According to TexasFootball.com,, Marcus Wright of SA Reagan has 3232 yds. and 43 TD's. The article didn't state that this is the highest, it just gave his totals as of last Friday.
We have a new leader.

And we should see about doing this next year. Assign one person from each area to keep track of their "big" paper and the leading rushers/passers/receivers/etc, then enter the state's top rushers, their team, and their classification. Also, if possible, try to track down stats from each district. We'd have to pool a lot of contributors from the Downlow to do it, but it'd be neat to have. We might be one of the only websites with the resources to do something like that, and we'd be the first in the state, at least to my knowledge, to have a comprehensive list of 3A players.

Major markets in Texas:
-Amarillo
-Lubbock
-D/FW (Morning-News and Star-Telegram)
-Texarkana/EastTex area
-Beaumont
-Houston
-Waco
-College Station
-Midland/Odessa
-Temple/Belton
-El Paso
-San Antonio
-Austin
-Victoria
-Corpus Christi
-The Valley

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
We have a new leader.

And we should see about doing this next year. Assign one person from each area to keep track of their "big" paper and the leading rushers/passers/receivers/etc, then enter the state's top rushers, their team, and their classification. Also, if possible, try to track down stats from each district. We'd have to pool a lot of contributors from the Downlow to do it, but it'd be neat to have. We might be one of the only websites with the resources to do something like that, and we'd be the first in the state, at least to my knowledge, to have a comprehensive list of 3A players.

Major markets in Texas:
-Amarillo
-Lubbock
-D/FW (Morning-News and Star-Telegram)
-Texarkana/EastTex area
-Beaumont
-Houston
-Waco
-College Station
-Midland/Odessa
-Temple/Belton
-El Paso
-San Antonio
-Austin
-Victoria
-Corpus Christi
-The Valley

I think that is a really good idea. We could assign several different people from each region with each one turning that info in to their Region editor!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Top 5 region 4 rushers and passers were in the home page before playoff started. And SA Reagan RB Marcus Wright finshed with 3374 yds, 9.5 yds/carry and 45 TDS

Region 4 leader was Palacios RB Henry Solis with 2583 yards and 40 TDs. RB Moses Rodriguez from Poteet had 2493 yds/11.6 per carry and 25 TDs for 2nd highest in yds in Region 4.

Tiger Turtle
12-10-2007, 01:44 PM
...and on a lighter note, my alma mater, Lamar Consolidated, has made its' way to the state championship game for the first time in its' long and varied history.