PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill will put up the points on Gilmer

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Gilmer has allowed a total of 111 points in its four playoff victories which bodes well for LH who is a point scoring machine. I think the Panthers will break 42 and maybe even more. Tell me why you think I'm wrong, I just want to get into a good discussion on this one.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Gilmer has allowed a total of 111 points in its four playoff victories which bodes well for LH who is a point scoring machine. I think the Panthers will break 42 and maybe even more. Tell me why you think I'm wrong, I just want to get into a good discussion on this one. you may not be wrong. but the last time we played in a championship game, 42 would not have got you anything but a good cry on the sidelines. It will be interesting. we are fully aware of what ya'll have. just not sure that most panthers are aware of what we have.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
IMO LH is a more complete team.

DU_stud04
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
id like to see what kind of defense gilmer comes out with.... the defense could be a different story when they're not just playing with the 3 front and trying to cover the pass with the other 8.

i think this will be a better matchup then stats are gonna show it.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Good answer. I guess a 45 - 42 or 49 - 44 game would be one for the ages. I know Gilmer will score, didnt mean it to sound like they wouldnt.

LHPantherfanII
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Gilmer is a very strong team, I don't think smack talking is in order here ... I know it is for fun but ... be careful what we say. Gilmer will by far be the best team we've played. LH please bring the trophy home!!! :thinking:

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Good answer. I guess a 45 - 42 or 49 - 44 game would be one for the ages. I know Gilmer will score, didnt mean it to sound like they wouldnt. nor was I. but my point is, I have seen LH and it is a sight to behold. I doubt many from LH have seen Gilmer. we have both been good for several years. this should be a classic.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
IMO LH is a more complete team.

in what way?

IMO if Gilmer gets LH in 3rd and long, that is an advantage to gilmer

IF LH gets Gilmer in 3rd and long..Not as much as an advantage for LH

IMO LH might be better, but Gilmer on offense is more balanced which is a big plus for Gilmer

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
This is what a state championship game should be, which is why you would be crazy to not attend this one. I cant remember a season like this one where there were so many good teams that had a legitimate shot when the playoffs began. Now here we are!

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
in what way?

IMO if Gilmer gets LH in 3rd and long, that is an advantage to gilmer

IF LH gets Gilmer in 3rd and long..Not as much as an advantage for LH

IMO LH might be better, but Gilmer on offense is more balanced which is a big plus for Gilmer Of course Gilmer is more balanced on offense because LH is a running team.

LH's defense this year is what is going to win them the state title.

Offense can put up points and the defense is playing lights out that is why are are a more complete team.

dirtydan
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Gilmer has allowed a total of 111 points in its four playoff victories which bodes well for LH who is a point scoring machine. I think the Panthers will break 42 and maybe even more. Tell me why you think I'm wrong, I just want to get into a good discussion on this one.

be careful what you wish for. the buckeyes have played bulldawgs, hosses, about four or five sets of cats. tigers, panthers, leopards, now more panthers; if these cats aren't hungry enough they will be dragging their tails back southwest. the sloppy T don't work well when you lay that wood on them.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
be careful what you wish for. the buckeyes have played bulldawgs, hosses, about four or five sets of cats. tigers, panthers, leopards, now more panthers; if these cats aren't hungry enough they will be dragging their tails back southwest. the sloppy T don't work well when you lay that wood on them.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack ! :D

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Carthage need to lay some wood on those suspects whether they got the ball or not, then the slot T becomes the sloppy T, and send those cats dragging their tails back down I-35 south. last year's champs doesn't mean a thing this year. then we'll have the east texas super bowl (buckeyes vs bulldogs).

first cat - i meant that a rb that feints like he has the ball and run thru the line is suspect and should get some wood layed on him anyway. after a few times he will start tip toeing thru letting the db knows that he does not have the ball.

the sloppy T don't work well when you lay that wood on them.
Yeah, we see how well "laying that wood" worked out for Carthage....might want to try a different game plan. :eek: :eek: :eek:

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
nor was I. but my point is, I have seen LH and it is a sight to behold. I doubt many from LH have seen Gilmer. we have both been good for several years. this should be a classic.

Dang, I just noticed I made your sig ! :doh: :doh: :doh:

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Dang, I just noticed I made your sig ! :doh: :doh: :doh: i just changed it. i was at the game, and came home and read the thread. those 2 quotes were absolutely priceless. :D

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
i just changed it. i was at the game, and came home and read the thread. those 2 quotes were absolutely priceless. :D

Your right, they're hilarious even to me now. I just wanted Wylie to win that one and spoke way too soon. I guess it happens to the best of us eventually .:D

I guess I've made the ranks of the infamous around here. :doh:

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Your right, they're hilarious even to me now. I just wanted Wylie to win that one and spoke way too soon. I guess it happens to the best of us eventually .:D

I guess I've made the ranks of the infamous around here. :doh: That was very hilarious when it happened. Still funny to read!

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Its official, the downlow has educational value. Lifes lessons can be learned here. Dont do like me and put your foot in your mouth ! :D

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM

I guess I've made the ranks of the infamous around here. :doh: tell you what.............I'll let you be famous all week:D.....................anyway, it actually made me think of an interesting thread starter.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
tell you what.............I'll let you be famous all week:D.....................anyway, it actually made me think of an interesting thread starter.

I cant wait for this !

YamTown
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I can't say that I have seen either team play this year or any other for quite some time. I do know however, that this is what we all enjoy. Up here in Virginia, I just watched the state finals and seen a team that runs something I believe is the slot T win the AAA Div 6 (=5A in Tx).....but these teams up here are NOTHING compared to my Texas teams. I'm just glad that it came down to the best 2 teams (IMO) for the championship game. I'm a Buckeye Alum, so I gotta go with them on the win, but I know that it will be a hard fought battle for both teams.

There's NOTHING like Texas Football.......ANYWHERE!

Go Buckeyes!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Gilmer will score in this game! For sure. But Liberty Hill will come out winning because of the great system they have. 42-35 LH

Runnin Panther
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
you may not be wrong. but the last time we played in a championship game, 42 would not have got you anything but a good cry on the sidelines. It will be interesting. we are fully aware of what ya'll have. just not sure that most panthers are aware of what we have.

lostaussie I don’t think you have seen any Liberty Hill posters on here talking smack about running up the score on Gilmer. Those posts having been coming from other places and while we appreciate the support and vote of confidence others have regarding the Panthers we know this is going to be a battle between two great teams. Believe me we are aware of the talent you guys have. In my opinion it is going to be a KNOCK-DOWN-DRAG-OUT, but in the end the Panthers will prevail.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Gilmer will score in this game! don't go out on a limb or nothing:doh:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
don't go out on a limb or nothing:doh:

I kno Gilmer will score,

Daddy D 11
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
the sloppy T don't work well when you lay that wood on them.

thats the exact samething you said before the Carthage V Liberty Hill game also, and we all know how that one worked out.

(by no means am i comparing Gilmer and Carthage, im just saying that thinking that no one ever "lays the wood" to us is preposterous, we have seen it all. However Gilmer has never seen THE slot T :)

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
by no means am i comparing Gilmer and Carthage
I wasn't either, just comparing his "lay the wood" comments about both teams. :devil: ;)

bobcat74
12-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
thats the exact samething you said before the Carthage V Liberty Hill game also, and we all know how that one worked out.

(by no means am i comparing Gilmer and Carthage, im just saying that thinking that no one ever "lays the wood" to us is preposterous, we have seen it all. However Gilmer has never seen THE slot T :)

Liberty Hill runs the slot T better than any team I have ever seen in high school football. Also, they match the discipline that I see in programs with the likes of Celina, Sealy of the early 90's, SLC.

I recall last years Div II state championship in Waco. The entire first half I did not know who had the ball until they were 30 yds. down field. The funny thing is I'm pretty sure Celina D didn't either.

Gilmer has always had a mass of talent, speed, and ability. Coaching? Not so much. In saying that, LH won't be beat this week. The LH defense will probably bend, but not break. Gilmer has not seen anything like this offense before. These boys have been tested and succeeded last year as well. I look for this program to be real good for a long time.

enough of my &ss kissing. Make it B2B Panthers!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
How many on this board have seen both of these teams play THIS YEAR???

I have!!! :D :D :D

I can not WAIT for this match-up. Been waiting all year and am so glad neither let me down!! :thumbsup:

My initial thought was a high scoring affair 48-44, but now I'm thinking maybe it won't be as high and maybe we see a 38-34 game! :D

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I will admit I have only seen LH play twice....but BOTH times, their Slot T was anything but sloppy!!

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will admit I have only seen LH play twice....but BOTH times, their Slot T was anything but sloppy!!
Well, it might me sloppy for dirtydiaper. ;)

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, it might me sloppy for dirtydiaper. ;)

visual alert...... :D