PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Nfc East Champions !!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2007, 04:15 PM
'bout time they claim to the East title. now NFC homefeild thru out the playoffs is next goal.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 04:22 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

gobbler grad
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
hell of a finish today...:thinking:

coach
12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
i think with a win next week clinches a bye for the first round and a win and packer loss clinches home field throughout!!!!!

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:D

Man, Philly is gonna be mad now that they went and lost to the Giants, AGAIN! :doh: Don't like going into Philly this time of year.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
You Cowboy fans better hope Barber doesn't get away in the offseason. He's 85% the reason you guys are where you are at this point in the season.

I'll give T.O. and Romo the other 15%. Just to be fair.

coach
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
i think the game is in dallas

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by coach
i think the game is in dallas

Is it? Let me go check! I'll feel better! HAHA

coach
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
lol yeah its in dallas bc i remember when t o scored a touchdown he ran around flapping his arms mocking the eagle's fans lol

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is it? Let me go check! I'll feel better! HAHA

YAY! Last 2 games are on the road! WHEW ;)

Doesn't mean we can't lose at home, I'm just saying going to Philly in December sucks!

Maroon87
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
You Cowboy fans better hope Barber doesn't get away in the offseason. He's 85% the reason you guys are where you are at this point in the season.

Barber is a stud, but how can he be 85% of the reason for their success if he doesn't even play 85% of the time?:thinking:

And don't forget Witten....what a game he had!

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Barber is a stud, but how can he be 85% of the reason for their success if he doesn't even play 85% of the time?:thinking:

And don't forget Witten....what a game he had!

Because he opens things up for guys like Owens and even Crayton every now and then.

Julius Jones isn't half the back that Barber is. The 'Boys with just Jones and no Barber III wouldn't be nearly as deadly.

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Because he opens things up for guys like Owens and even Crayton every now and then.

Julius Jones isn't half the back that Barber is. The 'Boys with just Jones and no Barber III wouldn't be nearly as deadly.

Well of course..but the Boys without Romo, or TO, or Witten would not be nearly as deadly

I love Barber, but I still dont think he could keep this running style for 20-30 carries in a 16 game season.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Hey TF4L how 'bout you worry about the Texans? :p :D

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well of course..but the Boys without Romo, or TO, or Witten would not be nearly as deadly

I love Barber, but I still dont think he could keep this running style for 20-30 carries in a 16 game season.

You don't think so? A lot of Texan fans are salivating at the chance to get Michael Turner in the offseason. A handful of others want to get our hands on Barber somehow.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hey TF4L how 'bout you worry about the Texans? :p :D

I always like to mix it up with fans of other teams.

If you'll notice, I DID post a Texans thread a few mins. ago. :)

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I always like to mix it up with fans of other teams.

If you'll notice, I DID post a Texans thread a few mins. ago. :)

The lack of Texans fans on this board is very discouraging. :mad:

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:46 AM
You don't think so? A lot of Texan fans are salivating at the chance to get Michael Turner in the offseason. A handful of others want to get our hands on Barber somehow.

You will have a better chance at Julius Jones, Barber is not going anywhere

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:49 AM
You will have a better chance at Julius Jones, Barber is not going anywhere

uhhh....Michael Turner it is then!

Maroon87
12-10-2007, 11:50 AM

I went to the Chiefs/Texans game in Week 1 and I have tickets to the Jags/Texans on the 30th.

I'm a Cowboy fan but I love football no matter who's playing.:)

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
The lack of Texans fans on this board is very discouraging. :mad: too bad Carter doesn't post as much - he was a big Texan homer

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
uhhh....Michael Turner it is then!

I would not be as sold on Turner, I just dont think he has proven himself

Juluis has, yes his numbers are not great this year, but he is a1,000 yard rusher and has put up monster numbers

IMO he just has never found his flow this year

Phil C
12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Right now Dallas needs to win two out of the last three games to cinch the home field advantage in the playoffs. That doesn't always guarantee victories for you but I hope they don't have to go to Green Bay to play if they get that far.

ronwx5x
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Better stick to 3A high school football and leave the pros to the big boys. :devil: :devil: :devil:

piratebg
12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/DANNAJANEL/DALLAS%20COWBOYS/ththboys1-med.gif

coach
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM

the lack of texans wins is disturbing

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/DANNAJANEL/DALLAS%20COWBOYS/ththboys1-med.gif

Did you steal Phil's auto flag??

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM

On the flip side Barber wouldn't be near as deadly without Julius Jones. He's a great back but he hasn't shown that he can handle getting 30 carries per game every week.

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I would not be as sold on Turner, I just dont think he has proven himself

Juluis has, yes his numbers are not great this year, but he is a1,000 yard rusher and has put up monster numbers

IMO he just has never found his flow this year

1,000 yards is no longer the benchmark for a RB that it was 8 years ago. 1,000 yds rushing is something like 67 yards per game.

Turner has showed the ability, in his limited playing time, to be a consistently good RB in the league. He has all the tools. The only question is, Can he do it game in and game out as the go-to guy? I think he can. Only time will tell. But you've got to give young unproven guys like that a shot...otherwise, you're stuck wondering what could have been.

There's some talk that Ahman Green may be cut by the team during the offseason. He basically signed a 2-year, very cap-friendly deal when he came here. The final 2 years of the contract are basically team options.

Leopards,class of 75
12-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
On the flip side Barber wouldn't be near as deadly without Julius Jones. He's a great back but he hasn't shown that he can handle getting 30 carries per game every week. But how can he show us that he can carry the ball 30 times a game? He only gets to play half a game.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
But how can he show us that he can carry the ball 30 times a game? He only gets to play half a game.

I think the answer to that is as long as their system is working so well why try to find out?

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I think the answer to that is as long as their system is working so well why try to find out?

The question with Barber is whether or not Jerry Jones will be willing to match another team's offer once it gets to a certain point.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
The question with Barber is whether or not Jerry Jones will be willing to match another team's offer once it gets to a certain point.

or whether he can afford it the way he is throwing around contracts this year

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:56 PM
or whether he can afford it the way he is throwing around contracts this year

Jones and McNair should use their 'bosom buddy' friendship and get a Draft Day deal worked out.

Texans get

MBIII

Cowboys get

2008 1st Round Pick
Travis Johnson

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Jones and McNair should use their 'bosom buddy' friendship and get a Draft Day deal worked out.

Texans get

MBIII

Cowboys get

2008 1st Round Pick
Travis Johnson

Not for all of King Midas' silver :p

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Not for all of King Midas' silver :p

You wouldn't take that as a Cowboys fan?

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 11:03 PM
You wouldn't take that as a Cowboys fan?

There's no reason to trade him. Maybe you could refresh me on who that is?

TexanFan4Life
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
There's no reason to trade him. Maybe you could refresh me on who that is?

It makes perfect sense to try and trade him. If you guys get outbid for his services, you don't get anything in return. If you trade him before he officially becomes a Free Agent, you get a 1st Round pick..which gives you 3 and a young, rising talent at DT (DE for you guys). I think it's a fair offer for both sides.

piratebg
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I recall a game, last season or the beginning of this season, where Barber had 15-20 carries and was sucking oxygen on the sideline in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter because he was wearing himself out. His running style is hard and ferocious, but it comes at a price. Even the announcers for the game noticed it and pointed it out. He has been part of a "two-headed monster" since college. He needs a good second back. Jones compliments him well. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

NDFootball
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I recall a game, last season or the beginning of this season, where Barber had 15-20 carries and was sucking oxygen on the sideline in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter because he was wearing himself out. His running style is hard and ferocious, but it comes at a price. Even the announcers for the game noticed it and pointed it out. He has been part of a "two-headed monster" since college. He needs a good second back. Jones compliments him well. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

THANK YOU :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2007, 11:39 PM
If you guys get outbid for his services, you don't get anything in return. . OUT BID JERRY JONES? IF JERRY WANTS HIM, HE WILL PAY FOR WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN A SUPER BOWL SO HE WOULD SHOW HIM THE MONEY. The ownership before Jerry wouldn't get in a bidding war.;)

Bull19
12-11-2007, 09:45 AM
how bout' dem cowboy's