PDA

View Full Version : If my theory is correct.....

88bobcats
12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
.....China Springs loses to Cuero and Gilmer loses to Liberty Hill next week.

Allow me to explain.

Giddings played a close, tight game against Sealy, and the loses to WO-S the next week.

WO-S plays a close, tight game against Giddings, and then loses to Waco La Vega the next week.

Waco La Vega plays a close, tight game against WO-S, and then loses to China Springs the next week.

According to this pattern, after playing a close, tight game against WLV, China Springs should lose to Cuero.

It appears that these teams are winning the close games and/or upsets (depending upon how you view them) and it's taking an emotional toll on them to the extent that they lose the next week. There might be a hangover effect after such emotional wins.

By that same deduction Gilmer has won close, single-touchdown games against both 'Velt and Wiley. Liberty Hill, on the other hand, has been cruisin' and has been so dominant that they should have a full tank of gas in the emotional bank account.

I think Cuero and Liberty Hill are the best-positioned teams for their games. The same can be said for Celina I guess.

All due respect to Gilmer, China Springs, and Snyder. You guys are still in it at the end.....three of the LAST six teams; but, at this point in the tournament, everyone is good, and I think the emotional toll begins to play a much larger role in the week-to-week outcomes.

Of course, it is just a theory.....

I likes me some underdog wins, I do!

FrmSTx
12-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
[
It appears that these teams are winning the close games and/or upsets (depending upon how you view them) and it's taking an emotional toll on them to the extent that they lose the next week. There might be a hangover effect after such emotional wins.
[/B]

I think its a physical toll...when you play those close games, you get beat down

88bobcats
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
I think its a physical toll...when you play those close games, you get beat down

Now that you mention it, it's not just an emotional issue, but a physical issue as well. The combination of physical and emotional fatigue after winning a big game can play a role in the following week.

I hope each team brings its best game and leaves it all on the field. My team lost the last game in which I ever played, but I have no regrets 'cause I believe we did our best against a superior opponent. Losing sucks, but it's worse when you think you could've done things differently.

Best of luck to Liberty Hill, Gilmer, Cuero, China Springs, Snyder and Celina. Play smart, stay healthy, and have fun!