PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Award

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:31 AM
IMO it is becoming a watered down award. Through the first 60 years of the award it was great award but as of late it is becoming just a watered down popularity contest.

Emerson1
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
It's all about who ESPN wants to win. They single handily got Colt Brennan into heisman talks.

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
IMO it is becoming a watered down award. Through the first 60 years of the award it was great award but as of late it is becoming just a watered down popularity contest. your boy Brennan was the main one who didnt deserve to be there and now your calling the award watered down. The only think watered down was Brennan getting third. How can anybody argue about Tebow getting it he was the most outstanding player in college football

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not arguing Tim Tebow. Look at some of the past winners as of late compared to who should have won it is just bad.

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm not arguing Tim Tebow. Look at some of the past winners as of late compared to who should have won it is just bad. give me an example

Emerson1
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
give me an example
I bet he says VY

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Troy Smith - Who Should Have Won: Darren McFadden
Jason White - Who Should Have Won: Larry Fitzgeral
Eric Crouch - Who Should of won: Rex Grossman or Ken Dorsey
Reggie Bush - Who Should Have Won: Vince Young
Chris Weinke - Who Should Have Won: Ladainian Tomlinson
Eddie George - Who Should Have Won: Tommy Frazier

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Matt Leinart- Who should've won it, ADRIAN PETERSON

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
True BDR

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2007, 05:08 PM

Eddie George - Who Should Have Won: Tommy Frazier

aint that the truth

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
your boy Brennan was the main one who didnt deserve to be there and now your calling the award watered down. The only think watered down was Brennan getting third. How can anybody argue about Tebow getting it he was the most outstanding player in college football

Hold on you're saying Brennan didn't deserve to be there? Have you looked at his stats...????? Or even watched him play, the guy is the real deal.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Gino Torretta - Who Should Have Won: Marshall Faulk

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Hold on you're saying Brennan didn't deserve to be there? Have you looked at his stats...????? Or even watched him play, the guy is the real deal. He missed 3 of his teams game. The best opponent his team played was the last place team in the Pac 10It took OT to beat San Jose St, they almost lost to Lousiana Tech any more questions

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
The thing is that chances are that in most years there is never going to be a clear cut winner. With as many D1 college football teams as there are players arent going to have common opponents a lot of times. So you can make a legit case for a few people.

For example when Reggie Bush one sure you can make a case for Vince Young but fact is if Vince won you also could of made a case for Reggie. Remember this is before the Rose Bowl.

Not very often are you going to have a guy who downright wins it easily which is good because that is what makes the award exciting.

But IMO you cant call the award watered down just because the guy you liked didnt win it.

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
He missed 3 of his teams game. The best opponent his team played was the last place team in the Pac 10It took OT to beat San Jose St, they almost lost to Lousiana Tech any more questions

Ya think about it missed 3 games, and he still has as good as any number of anyone else. Hey just because they have a bad record doesn't mean they can't play a tough game. Hell USC LOST to STANFORD, so are you gonna say USC is a weak team. And beyond that, the Heisman isn't about how good your team is, it's about the best collegiate football player. I believe Tebow earned the word, but I believe Brennan earned a right to be in NY Friday night.

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Ya think about it missed 3 games, and he still has as good as any number of anyone else. Hey just because they have a bad record doesn't mean they can't play a tough game. Hell USC LOST to STANFORD, so are you gonna say USC is a weak team. And beyond that, the Heisman isn't about how good your team is, it's about the best collegiate football player. I believe Tebow earned the word, but I believe Brennan earned a right to be in NY Friday night. How can you justify Brennan being there but not Graham Harrel. Harrel has better numbers and put them up against better competition. But hey you can make your case all day for a guy who got picked off 5 times by Idaho good luck

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2007, 10:42 PM
My case was made when he was selected to be there. I'll agree though Graham Harrell has a gripe, but I think people feel he truly is a system qb considering no matter who plays for tech they put up those type of numbers.

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
My case was made when he was selected to be there. I'll agree though Graham Harrell has a gripe, but I think people feel he truly is a system qb considering no matter who plays for tech they put up those type of numbers. Timmy Chang put up huge numbers and broke NCAA records while at Hawaii. Look im not saying Brennan isnt a great QB because he is I just think people are going overboard when they say he should have won the heisman. Harrel as much as I dont like him deserved to be there more then Brennan

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Timmy Chang put up huge numbers and broke NCAA records while at Hawaii. Look im not saying Brennan isnt a great QB because he is I just think people are going overboard when they say he should have won the heisman. Harrel as much as I dont like him deserved to be there more then Brennan

Good point there...Man if it wasn't for sports what would we argue over....?