PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Curse??

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Most players that have won the Heisman recently are not having good careers in the NFL. Leinart started slowly, now is hurt....Bush is looking more and more like a glorified punt returner than anything else...Wuerffel, Crouch, White...the list goes on and on.

I'm glad McFadden didn't win, because I want to see him do great things in the NFL. It's just like the so-called 'Madden Curse'. I don't believe in curses normally, but these are 2 that seem to be living up to the name.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
so, who won it?

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
so, who won it?

The only QB you'll ever see complete a 'double clutch' pass in a football game, Tim Tebow.

This guy exemplifies everything a system QB is. Everyone's drooling over him. We'll see how he turns out...

I'd like to see him run a West Coast offense on Sundays before I say this guy is the 'real deal'.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
The only QB you'll ever see complete a 'double clutch' pass in a football game, Tim Tebow.

This guy exemplifies everything a system QB is. Everyone's drooling over him. We'll see how he turns out...

I'd like to see him run a West Coast offense on Sundays before I say this guy is the 'real deal'.

Tebow will only get better. Don't label that kid, he is gonna play on Sundays. Look how he is developing as a passer - in the SEC!

That double clutch play (jump pass) was by design. Straight out of the old single wing or Wing T days. QB's version of play action by himself. Now being copied by many, even saw it in the NFL last week on the goal line.

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Tebow will only get better. Don't label that kid, he is gonna play on Sundays. Look how he is developing as a passer - in the SEC!

That double clutch play (jump pass) was by design. Straight out of the old single wing or Wing T days. QB's version of play action by himself. Now being copied by many, even saw it in the NFL last week on the goal line.

I'm not labeling him yet. I want to see how he does on Sundays. For now I'll just stick to calling him a good college QB.

I'm just pointing out that a lot of Heisman winners go on to be big 'nothings' in their pro careers.

g$$
12-09-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm not labeling him yet. I want to see how he does on Sundays. For now I'll just stick to calling him a good college QB.

I'm just pointing out that a lot of Heisman winners go on to be big 'nothings' in their pro careers.

You're right. It guarantees you nothing. Gino Torreta & a host of others come to mind. McFadden got 2nd of course, but he will do great barring injury.

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You're right. It guarantees you nothing. Gino Torreta & a host of others come to mind. McFadden got 2nd of course, but he will do great barring injury.

That's why I'm sort of glad McFadden didn't win it. He deserved it, but I want him to do great things in the future.

gatordaze
12-09-2007, 06:47 AM

The Heisman is the award for the best COLLEGE football player! The award for the best future PRO football player is a big ole pile of money! Get over DMAC! He will get his pile of money!

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 01:32 PM
The thing about great college players is they don't need the same skill set as pro players. It's not just the stronger arm/faster game that the NFL brings, it's also the stuff the kids don't have control over. The system they play in, size, etc.

Danny Wuerffel, Tommie Frazier, Pat White, and Mike Hart are/were all great college players... the first two a couple of the best of all-time... who just don't have the skills that will/should translate to the NFL. Just something to think about.