PDA

View Full Version : Crow Time! (especially For G$$)

bigron15
12-09-2007, 01:44 AM
yea so Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy tonight and I said all along that Darren McFadden would not win it and they even marked my words in someones sig. they were soooooo SURE that McFadden would win it but he isnt HEISMAN MATERIAL. its hard to keep up with 51 total touchdowns

thewyliefan
12-09-2007, 01:48 AM
watch out the colt brennon crew will come out and say he should have go it.....but everyone who knows anything knew tebow would win it

bigron15
12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
yea right. me and g$$ argued til 3 am discussing who was going to win. at the time i thought that Dixon would win but he got hurt. my quote is in District303APastPlayer's sig.

g$$
12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
yea so Tim Tebow won the Heisman Trophy tonight and I said all along that Darren McFadden would not win it and they even marked my words in someones sig. they were soooooo SURE that McFadden would win it but he isnt HEISMAN MATERIAL. its hard to keep up with 51 total touchdowns

I said McFadden would finish in top 2. LOOK IT UP! Crow is being served to you, hoss. Tebow is very deserving.

McFadden will go in top 3 picks to NFL. Don't feel too sorry for a guy who finished 2nd twice in the Heisman voting.

g$$
12-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Who's eating crow? Might want to change your thread title.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we will just have to see...but you will realize it when you are wrong that you have to man up and say that mcfadden didnt win the heisman like you said he would. i will hold you to it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's fine. I am not betting on this in Vegas.

But, while I think he will win it, more importantly I think he will finish in top 2. That was my original prediction. Hold me to whatever you wish.
...end quote

Search the thread buddy before calling me out. I said top 2 all along. And guess what - I was right!

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Who's eating crow? Might want to change your thread title.

quote:
we will just have to see...but you will realize it when you are wrong that you have to man up and say that mcfadden didnt win the heisman like you said he would. i will hold you to it

That's fine. I am not betting on this in Vegas.

But, while I think he will win it, more importantly I think he will finish in top 2. That was my original prediction. Hold me to whatever you wish.
...end quote

Search the thread buddy before calling me out. I said top 2 all along. And guess what - I was right!

it seems like some members on this board come on solely to start things with other members. that's weak.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I said McFadden would finish in top 2. LOOK IT UP! Crow is being served to you, hoss. Tebow is very deserving.

McFadden will go in top 3 picks to NFL. Don't feel too sorry for a guy who finished 2nd twice in the Heisman voting.

how is crow being served to me? i predicted right. did he win? umm no. what thread are you referencing? the thread we were arguing in got shut down

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:00 AM
I said top 2 buddy, & McFadden was 2nd the past 2 years.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73772&highlight=mcfadden+heisman

Read & eat your crow. Want ketchup on top?

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:01 AM
heck i could have made a prediction like that. i should have predicted he was going to come in the top 4

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
it seems like some members on this board come on solely to start things with other members. that's weak.

What? He called me out & he is the one who apparently can't read very well. Read the previous thread! I said I thought DMC would win, but definitely top 2 & in NYC for the ceremony.

Any questions?

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 02:03 AM
heck i could have made a prediction like that. i should have predicted he was going to come in the top 4

This fight you're trying to pick is just ridiculous.

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What? He called me out & he is the one who apparently can't read very well. Read the previous thread! I said I thought DMC would win, but definitely top 2 & in NYC for the ceremony.

Any questions?

I was referring to bigron as the one trying to start things..not you.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:05 AM

You said nothing of the sort though. In fact, you said he was not "Heisman worthy". Will be one of top 3 picks in Draft too.

Have you read what I have said the past few weeks? I said Tebow just might win it but DMC finishes no lower than 2nd.

Ring the bell.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I was referring to bigron as the one trying to start things..not you.

i dont think this topic pertains to u. i was just holding up on a wager and giving him a hard time. i didnt think anyone would jump in on a topic between 2 ppl. should have just pm'ed u g$$

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:11 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74383&highlight=darren+mcfadden+heisman

**Scripps Howard News Service is the longest running weekly Heisman Poll in the country. This was compiled before Thursday's game involving Oregon vs. Arizona, in which Dennis Dixon reinjured his knee & did not return in the 1st quarter.

I still say Darren McFadden ends up in the top 2 with a strong finish, but I am starting to think Tim Tebow becomes the 1st soph ever to win it. His #s are just crazy (42 tds combined so far, rushing & passing). Dixon getting hurt changes everything & that was a sad deal. See what you think.**

Dixon again on top of Scripps Heisman poll

By
Scripps Howard News Service
2007-11-13 00:00:00

For the first time this season, the weekly Scripps Howard Heisman Trophy poll has the same leader for consecutive weeks. Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon stayed on top, perhaps because the Ducks didn't play last weekend.

Dixon and his No. 2 Ducks travel to Arizona on Thursday night. With an amazing effort (a school-record five TD runs and two TD passes) in a win at South Carolina, Florida QB Tim Tebow remains a close second with Missouri QB Chase Daniel moving up one spot to third.

Compiled by The Rocky Mountain News in Denver, the Scripps Poll is in its 21st year and is the longest-running weekly Heisman poll in the country. The final poll, taken in December, correctly has predicted the Heisman winner 17 of the previous 20 seasons.

There are 10 voters, all college football writers and two from each voting region, who vote for five players each week. The tabulations are made on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis, with first place receiving five points, second four, etc. First-place votes are in parentheses.

This week's poll, with statistics from last week:

Name, Position, School, Last Week, Points

1. Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon, Did not play. 45, (6).

2. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida, 22-of-32, 304 yards passing, 2 TD passes, 120 rushing yards, 5 TD runs, 43 (4).

3. Chase Daniel, QB, Missouri, 27-of-35, 352 yards, 3 TD passes. 20

4. Pat White, QB, West Virginia, 16-of-25, 181 yards, 2 TD passes, 147 rushing yards, TD run. 19.

Others receiving votes: Darren McFadden (RB, Arkansas) 12; Todd Reesing (QB, Kansas) 5; Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma) 3; Jim Laurinaitis (LB, Ohio State) 2; Michael Crabtree (WR, Texas Tech) 1.

Voters: Wendell Barnhouse (Fort Worth Star-Telegram); Kirk Bohls (Austin American-Statesman); Dennis Dodd (CBSSports.com); Vahe Gregorian (St. Louis Post-Dispatch); Mike Griffith (Knoxville News-Sentinel); Randy Holtz (Rocky Mountain News); Michael Lewis (Salt Lake Tribune); Tom Luicci (The (Newark) Star-Ledger); Dana O'Neil (Philadelphia Daily News); and John Rohde (The Oklahoman).

(Compiled by the Rocky Mountain News at www.rockymountainnews.com.)

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:17 AM
but if you look real close..it says that u edited the post just now. u originally said that he would win. he didnt.

Originally posted by g$$
1. Darren McFadden
2. Dennis Dixon
3. Matt Ryan
4. Tim Tebow (just a soph)
5. Chris Long / Glenn Dorsey

...my 2 cents

McFadden is the best player in the country IMO.

u might have said that he would be top 2 and u were right. but he did not win.

what crow was i supposed to eat?

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:22 AM
but if you look real close..it says that u edited the post just now. u originally said that he would win. he didnt.

u might have said that he would be top 2 and u were right. but he did not win.

what crow was i supposed to eat?

I did NOT edit any post just now - there is a 60 minute window anyway.

I said top 2 if he did not win it. I was right.

Do you want every thread?

Eat your crow with a cherry on top for calling me out.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:25 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75623&highlight=chase+daniel+heisman

date 12-5-2007 by g$$

As I said a while back & got ridiculed, it will end up Tebow & McFadden. I said McFadden would end up in top 2.

1. McFadden (LSU game put him over top + finished 2nd last year)
2. Tebow (hurt by being soph, would be 1st soph ever)
3. Brennan
4. Daniel

Tebow may be the most deserving, & ESPN is sure touting him. We'll see.

**Now, any more questions?

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:26 AM
i was right! not eating any crow here!!!! NEVER!! :devil: :devil: :mad:

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:28 AM
look under that post about the heisman polling and it sad last edited 12-9-07 at like 1:10...im not lying

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:28 AM
i was right! not eating any crow here!!!! NEVER!! :devil: :devil: :mad:

You should - read the thread above from 12-5-07

Don't call me out w/o proof. I was right about DMC, thanks.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You should - read the thread above from 12-5-07

Don't call me out w/o proof. I was right about DMC, thanks.

well if thats the case...we were both right! THERE! END OF STORY!

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:30 AM
look under that post about the heisman polling and it sad last edited 12-9-07 at like 1:10...im not lying

I added to the post I made today, not the original. You can't even do that after 60 minutes. READ the threads dude.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:32 AM
DUDE.. i read the threads. i have a hella memory. if u cant take a joke then idk but i was just jacking with u. i am sorry. shouldnt have ever said anything to u. goodnight

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:35 AM
DUDE.. i read the threads. i have a hella memory. if u cant take a joke then idk but i was just jacking with u. i am sorry. shouldnt have ever said anything to u. goodnight

If you had a helluva memory, like you say, then you would not have started a thread calling me out. It was black & white in front of you.

I said all along that DMC finishes no lower than 2nd. He finished 2nd for the 2nd straight year. Thanks for playing.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:42 AM
im not arguing anymore. this was meant for fun but it just blew up in my face. it takes a fool to argue with one and i just realized what i was doing.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:49 AM
im not arguing anymore. this was meant for fun but it just blew up in my face. it takes a fool to argue with one and i just realized what i was doing.

Look man, maybe you intended this to be funny. I don't like getting called out when I was right all along about where he would finish. No shame in finishing top 2 in the Heisman twice.

Tebow is a beast & deserved it.

PM me next time instead of putting my user name in a thread.

I'm not a fool & neither are you. Moving on...

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Look man, maybe you intended this to be funny. I don't like getting called out when I was right all along about where he would finish. No shame in finishing top 2 in the Heisman twice.

Tebow is a beast & deserved it.

PM me next time instead of putting my user name in a thread.

I'm not a fool & neither are you. Moving on...

never said there was anything wrong with finishing second twice. i never dogged on "DMC". i just didnt think he deserved the heisman all year. i have been trying to move on since 6 posts ago.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:57 AM
never said there was anything wrong with finishing second twice. i never dogged on "DMC". i just didnt think he deserved the heisman all year. i have been trying to move on since 6 posts ago.

Then do it!

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I said top 2 buddy, & McFadden was 2nd the past 2 years.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73772&highlight=mcfadden+heisman

Read & eat your crow. Want ketchup on top?

That whole frikin thread is tainted with you ranting on McFadden, eat up and get on with it LMAO. Whats the deal with you thinking you're never wrong? I know you're gunna come back with something saying you were never wrong, but IDC because Ive already seen where you were wrong.

g$$
12-09-2007, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
That whole frikin thread is tainted with you ranting on McFadden, eat up and get on with it LMAO. Whats the deal with you thinking you're never wrong? I know you're gunna come back with something saying you were never wrong, but IDC because Ive already seen where you were wrong.

If I am wrong then I say so. I was not here.

I said McFadden would win it, or at the very least finish top 2. Guess what - he got 2nd again. Is that hard to understand?

Where was I wrong in your eyes? I challenge you to find differently in any thread or any post of mine. GO!

bigron15
12-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$
....I said McFadden would win it...

and did he?

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I said similar (not exact), & McFadden will win the Heisman if he finishes strong. Mark it down. LSU game is the big one for him.

Is that not enough proof? He finished strong with the win over LSU. Did he win the heisman?

g$$
12-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Is that not enough proof? He finished strong with the win over LSU. Did he win the heisman?

OK gang up twins: have you now resorted to partial quotes? Do I get under your skin that much? Y'all are sad.

For the final time twinkies:

Bottom line is I said no lower than #2, which proved true, if he finished strong, which he did. Why are you still debating this?

McFadden finished 2nd - you know the same guy not good enough to get invited to NYC according to Big Ron! Top 3 pick soon too. See ya & keep trying if you wish.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$
OK gang up twins: have you now resorted to partial quotes? Do I get under your skin that much? Y'all are sad.

Bottom line is I said no lower than #2, which proved true, if he finished strong, which he did. Why are you still debating this?

McFadden finished 2nd - you know the same guy not good enough to get invited to NYC according to Big Ron! Top 3 pick soon too. See ya & keep trying if you wish.

u said he should win BUT be no lower than 2nd. make a better prediction if u are going to post one. its like saying the sun is going to come up. eventually it will

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$

You said he wins it your opinion, your rediculous, Im done bickering with you. Yes, you were right on the top 2, and yes, you were wrong on him winning it in your opinion. Does being wrong get under your skin that much?

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:04 AM
u said he should win BUT be no lower than 2nd. make a better prediction if u are going to post one. its like saying the sun is going to come up. eventually it will

Read slowly:

"Better prediction"?? The man finished 2nd again! It's not a God given right to do so. He did it twice.

What part of TOP 2 confuses y'all? Who are you to judge predictions? I made mine & I was right on the $$. Did he win? No. Did he finish in top 2? Heck yes. I also said Tebow looked to be the front runner too last week (12-5-07). Does that count in your almighty post judging eyes? Give me a break.

Y'all bore me. What bothers me most is people who can't read & comprehend very well. The threads tell the story as I have already posted them.

Who is the genius who said McFadden would not even be invited to NYC? That would be Big Ron!

See ya.

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:10 AM
YOUR rediculous, Im done bickering with you.

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:12 AM

What is "rediculous"???

Maybe a typo, carry on w/ your aimless rant.

Where did DMC finish again?

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What is "rediculous"???

Maybe a typo, carry on w/ your aimless rant.

Where did DMC finish again?

You were right in every aspect, Im sorry I ever doubted you, your never wrong I and should know that already, your like the second coming of christ(joke).

DMC finished 2nd.

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:19 AM
You were right in every aspect, Im sorry I ever doubted you, your never wrong I and should know that already, your like the second coming of christ(joke).

DMC finished 2nd.

As I predicted he would finish if he didn't win it (& I thought he might, lost by 254 pts.). And, I am wrong a lot. Difference is I admit it when I am.

No Christ jokes here on my end.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 04:25 AM
let me make 2 different predictions. If McFadden doesnt go to the draft, he will play college ball next year. If he does go to the draft, he will play in the NFL next year. ok so whatever happens, i will be right.

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:30 AM
let me make 2 different predictions. If McFadden doesnt go to the draft, he will play college ball next year. If he does go to the draft, he will play in the NFL next year. ok so whatever happens, i will be right.

Bothers you that I was right huh? Those are different leagues, duh! I clearly said he either wins it or gets 2nd, period.

Saying someone will get either 1st or 2nd is not making crazy different predictions in the big picture. It's either 1 or 2. Had he gotten 3rd or lower or not been invited to NYC (as you said), then I would have been wrong. Then you could have rightly called me out & I would be eating crow. I'm not though...

Guess what? I was right & you were wrong. Deal with it & move on.

bigron15
12-09-2007, 04:30 AM
im going to bed. i am going to church tomorrow so i can confess that i am wrong to God and only Him

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:33 AM
im going to bed. i am going to church tomorrow so i can confess that i am wrong to God and only Him

Praise be...take care. All in fun, don't get mad over trivial stuff on a stupid message board. I was right this time, next time probably not.

:)

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$
was right this time, next time probably not.

That'll be the day lol :D

bigron15
12-09-2007, 04:38 AM
i posted this thread all in fun and games trying to give u a hard time and u took it personal. i never meant for it to get out of hand.

g$$
12-09-2007, 04:40 AM
i posted this thread all in fun and games trying to give u a hard time and u took it personal. i never meant for it to get out of hand.

I'm honestly not mad. No big deal. You took this to extremes trying in vain to prove a point. The point was made that I predicted 1 or 2 for DMC. No idea why you kept it going b/c the man finished 2nd!

Take care.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Adrian Peterson is better than Darren McFadden

McFadden will be a higher draft pick but he is not the better player.

navscanmaster
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Adrian Peterson is better than Darren McFadden

McFadden will be a higher draft pick but he is not the better player.

Hmmm, I actually agree with GoBlue on something. You have to look at what they will be both doing at the next level. Darren will be a running back. He is a great triple threat kind of player in Arkansas' offense, but in an NFL offense, he will be a running back and catch passes some too. When you take it down to just the running and catching, Adrian Peterson is flat out better than Darren McFadden. Both are great, but AP wins that battle.

RMAC
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
51 all-purpose TD's. Nothing else needs to be said. Harrell put up better #'s than Brennan, and he wasn't even mentioned. At least we can say the Heisman commission perhaps took a step in the right direction because they weren't able to pick the best player on the best team because nobody knows who the best team is. Tebow was the best player in the NCAA this year, no doubt about it. Don't give me any of that crap about a system QB because EVERY college QB is a product of the system.

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Praise be...take care. All in fun, don't get mad over trivial stuff on a stupid message board. I was right this time, next time probably not.

:( :( It's not stupid!!:( :(

Snydertigersrul
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM

McFadden was ROBBED. He should have won the Heisman, but he will be the No. 1 choice in the NFL draft.