PDA

View Full Version : What running back has the most yards?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Is it Will Clay?

g$$
12-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I don't know but I guarantee you Jacquizz Rodgers is in the conversation.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 01:29 AM
As of 11/11/2007 he had almost 2,000 yards

lakers
12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
As of 11/11/2007 he had almost 2,000 yards

Clay's school-record rushing tally for a single season now stands at 2,969 yards with a school-record 41 touchdowns...pretty impressive...

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Clay's school-record rushing tally for a single season now stands at 2,969 yards with a school-record 41 touchdowns...pretty impressive...

Yea thats pretty good, he will reach 3,000 this week.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Clay's school-record rushing tally for a single season now stands at 2,969 yards with a school-record 41 touchdowns...pretty impressive... that is some crazy yardage!!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that is some crazy yardage!!!!!

Yea, Clay will hit 3,000 this week

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Yea, Clay will hit 3,000 this week he might.............he still needs 31 yards:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:05 AM
he might.............he still needs 31 yards:D

This will be Will Clays best game this year.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:08 AM
This will be Will Clays best game this year. if i put that in my sig will you own up to saying after saturday?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:09 AM
if i put that in my sig will you own up to saying after saturday?

Yes I will cause I no it will be his best game

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Yes I will cause I no it will be his best game so just for my reference, 2950 some odd yards in 14 games, what would have been his best game to date:D just so i will have that handy!!!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:14 AM
so just for my reference, 2950 some odd yards in 14 games, what would have been his best game to date:D just so i will have that handy!!!!!

Well:thinking:i'm not really sure on his best game.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Well:thinking:i'm not really sure on his best game. hmmm.............dig that up and get back to me:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:16 AM
hmmm.............dig that up and get back to me:D

Ill start digging :D You want the most yards he got in a game?

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:18 AM
that is some crazy yardage!!!!!

Yea, but what isnt included are his number of carries.

Yea, Clay will hit 3,000 this week

^ thats probably how many carries he has.

This will be Will Clays best game this year.

Doubt it, Celina will have an answer for the one man show.

[B]if i put that in my sig will you own up to saying after saturday?

If you dont, I WILL. haha I crack myself up. Hell Im putting it in there anyways.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
If you dont, I WILL. haha I crack myself up. Hell Im putting it in there anyways. good, I'm too tired to change mine!!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Yea, but what isnt included are his number of carries.

^ thats probably how many carries he has.

Doubt it, Celina will have an answer for the one man show.

If you dont, I WILL. haha I crack myself up. Hell Im putting it in there anyways.

DUDE the Vernon head coach even said snyder wasn't a one man show! If it wasn't for the OL he wouldnt have those yards

GreenMonster
12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I was in Vernon today for a hoops tournament. Some very football savvy friends of mine from Vernon were at the game Friday night and this is what I heard over and over again, "Our d-line did a great job keeping their (Snyder's) linemen off of our (Vernon's) backers. Our backer stepped up to fill and that beast of a running back would right smooth over his tail. It took 3 people to tackle him all night long, and if he ever found daylight he was gone. Best all-around tailback I've ever seen." That says alot coming out of Vernon. These folks have seen Derrick Richardson, Dexter Butler, and Bernard Scott just in the last 20 years for every game of their HS career just to name a few.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Where is Will Clay going to school? I have not read his name much on recruiting lists? Am I wrong?

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:41 AM
DUDE the Vernon head coach even said snyder wasn't a one man show! If it wasn't for the OL he wouldnt have those yards

I guarantee you half of Will's yards are YAC. Lineman dont give you YAC. I'll admit it, he is a hoss but you cant win it off the running game, trust me I know.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I was in Vernon today for a hoops tournament. Some very football savvy friends of mine from Vernon were at the game Friday night and this is what I heard over and over again, "Our d-line did a great job keeping their (Snyder's) linemen off of our (Vernon's) backers. Our backer stepped up to fill and that beast of a running back would right smooth over his tail. It took 3 people to tackle him all night long, and if he ever found daylight he was gone. Best all-around tailback I've ever seen." That says alot coming out of Vernon. These folks have seen Derrick Richardson, Dexter Butler, and Bernard Scott just in the last 20 years for every game of their HS career just to name a few.

Great things said from Vernon:clap:

Most people would be trashing the teams that just knocked them out but thats not the way it should be. Everything they were telling you was true

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:42 AM
I guarantee you half of Will's yards are YAC. Lineman dont give you YAC. I'll admit it, he is a hoss but you cant win it off the running game, trust me I know.

We'll see, we'll see

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Where is Will Clay going to school? I have not read his name much on recruiting lists? Am I wrong?

You're not wrong, IDK where he was at last year but if he would have shown up last year he would be a decent recruit.

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:44 AM
We'll see, we'll see

Yes, yes we will muahahaha :devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Yes, yes we will muahahaha :devil:

Man i'll get the herd on you at the game!

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
You're not wrong, IDK where he was at last year but if he would have shown up last year he would be a decent recruit.

So what about now after huge year? Surely someone w/ those #s...grades?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$

He's got a high GPA! He's top 10% of the 08 class

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I seriously havent heard anything on him, IDK if he is flying under the radar or what.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:51 AM
I seriously havent heard anything on him, IDK if he is flying under the radar or what.

I think he must be:thinking: :thinking: I will find out.

g$$
12-09-2007, 02:51 AM

Weird...is he just power back with no speed? I will check some lists & see. Have not seen him on any. Wish him the best.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Weird...is he just power back with no speed? I will check some lists & see. Have not seen him on any. Wish him the best.

He's got speed

g$$
12-09-2007, 03:00 AM
He's got speed

So is it lack of exposure? Maybe he did not go to camps & get on the radar. I don't know, but if he is as good as #s say & y'all say, something is fishy here.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So is it lack of exposure? Maybe he did not go to camps & get on the radar. I don't know, but if he is as good as #s say & y'all say, something is fishy here.

Our whole football team went to SMU's summer camp, not all of them but majority of them.. I cant figure out why he isn't on any lists:confused:

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I think his coach hasnt advertised. But after him being basically a no-name last year I could probably see why he isnt on any lists, and probably didnt go to any camps.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 04:10 AM
I think his coach hasnt advertised. But after him being basically a no-name last year I could probably see why he isnt on any lists, and probably didnt go to any camps.

I really don't kno what the deal is with it:confused: I need to find out, or someone does

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:11 AM
I really don't kno what the deal is with it:confused: I need to find out, or someone does

Hey I have something for you to find out for me. Find how many carries he has on the season.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey I have something for you to find out for me. Find how many carries he has on the season.

I'll do that!:rolleyes:

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:20 AM
I'll do that!:rolleyes:

No, Im being serious, Im curious.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 04:22 AM
No, Im being serious, Im curious.

I found it......the grand total is 267

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Sure you can. Liberty Hill's attempted exactly four forward passes in the school's history, and word on the street is that one of those was a botched play.

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Sure you can. Liberty Hill's attempted exactly four forward passes in the school's history, and word on the street is that one of those was a botched play.

:confused: I meant Yards After Contact sry. dumb mistake.

IHStangFan
12-09-2007, 06:07 AM
you cant win it off the running game, trust me I know. Myself and Liberty Hill disagree w/ this statement.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Myself and Liberty Hill disagree w/ this statement.

We we both kno he's wrong because LH runs and there undefeated:doh:

And Snyder had been winning and we run 75% of the time.

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 03:19 PM
We we both kno he's wrong because LH runs and there undefeated:doh:

And Snyder had been winning and we run 75% of the time.

No, 95%. And Liberty Hill spreads the wealth with about 4 different backs pretty evenly and their D isnt too shabby either.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
If Clay is a senior this year it will be hard for him to go big time due to lack of production and blah blah blah as an underclassmen. I hear he only runs around a 4.6 though so that definately hurts him as a RB prospect.

DaHop72
12-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
If Clay is a senior this year it will be hard for him to go big time due to lack of production and blah blah blah as an underclassmen. I hear he only runs around a 4.6 though so that definately hurts him as a RB prospect. I think Will must be like Jerry Rice, he runs alot faster when people are chasing him. Of course, we all know that region I players are all short, squatty and slow.:D :D

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I think Will must be like Jerry Rice, he runs alot faster when people are chasing him. Of course, we all know that region I players are all short, squatty and slow.:D :D t rex arms too ;)

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
If Clay is a senior this year it will be hard for him to go big time due to lack of production and blah blah blah as an underclassmen. I hear he only runs around a 4.6 though so that definately hurts him as a RB prospect.

He either runs a 4.5-.6, but Ive saw him break away from the Vernon secondary at "Will" lmao I crack myself up sometimes.

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Actually, a 4.6 is considered the "cutoff point" for most Division I backs. Tons of D-IA backs ran/run in the 4.6's, including Emmitt Smith, Terrell Davis (ran a 4.7), Mike Hart, and all-time NCAA rushing leader Ron Dayne (also ran a 4.7). Granted, a 4.5 or better is usually the premium for elite backs, but if they can run the ball then they can run the ball.

I don't know much about how Clay other than what I've read on the Downlow, but it sounds like he's one of those guys who is definitely slipping through the cracks. May wind up being a D-II guy who starts for a championship contender from year one.

Snydertigersrul
12-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Maybe you need to tell all of the Big 12 schools who have called him this week, along with other Big-time schools that they don't know football talent.

:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Actually, a 4.6 is considered the "cutoff point" for most Division I backs. Tons of D-IA backs ran/run in the 4.6's, including Emmitt Smith, Terrell Davis (ran a 4.7), Mike Hart, and all-time NCAA rushing leader Ron Dayne (also ran a 4.7). Granted, a 4.5 or better is usually the premium for elite backs, but if they can run the ball then they can run the ball.

I don't know much about how Clay other than what I've read on the Downlow, but it sounds like he's one of those guys who is definitely slipping through the cracks. May wind up being a D-II guy who starts for a championship contender from year one.

Yeah thats right, I dont know what the deal is:confused:

DaHop72
12-09-2007, 05:18 PM
t rex arms too ;) I forgot about that, wait a minute that only matters if you throw the ball.:devil: :devil:

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Maybe you need to tell all of the Big 12 schools who have called him this week, along with other Big-time schools that they don't know football talent.

:D calls and letters are nothing. It's all about offers

lakers
12-09-2007, 05:48 PM
calls and letters are nothing. It's all about offers

hey everybody has to start somewhere and it tends to start with getting calls and letters, then the offers come in..;)

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
hey everybody has to start somewhere and it tends to start with getting calls and letters, then the offers come in..;) For sophomores and juniors. As I said earlier it may be to late for him to go d1 due to lack of production as an underclassmen.

Tres Lobos
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
If he doesn't go DI than their missing out, because will clay is big, fast, and strong.

lakers
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
For sophomores and juniors. As I said earlier it may be to late for him to go d1 due to lack of production as an underclassmen.

in one ear and out the other....

i'm sorry did u say something...

:D jk jk

I can see him goin somewhere like WTA&M or ACU...

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
in one ear and out the other....

i'm sorry did u say something...

:D jk jk

I can see him goin somewhere like WTA&M or ACU...

Division 1 Championship Sub Division

lakers
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Division 1 Championship Sub Division

What???

no compehende...:thinking:

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 05:57 PM
What???

no compehende...:thinking: It's the new name for what used to be D-1AA in college football. Teams like Texas State and such.

lakers
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
It's the new name for what used to be D-1AA in college football. Teams like Texas State and such.

O I C, i didnt know they changed it...

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
So somebody answer the original question please.

One of you stat guru's can surly compile a list of the top 25 RB's in the state this year can't ya. That's my challenge. Who's in?

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm sure Mishak Rivas or Sam McGuffie has more yards.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm sure Mishak Rivas or Sam McGuffie has more yards.

We can assume all night long. But I'd really like to see an accurate list of who and where they are from. I ain't doin it myself, cause I'm too lazy. Plus the wife is making me get off the computer. Too bad 325 ain't married.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
We can assume all night long. But I'd really like to see an accurate list of who and where they are from. I ain't doin it myself, cause I'm too lazy. Plus the wife is making me get off the computer. Too bad 325 ain't married.

Neither of those guys has as many yards as WIll does!

Sam McGuffie is from Cy-Fair and is going to Michigan.

His yards for this year was: 1,711

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Info. on Mishak Rivas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m68nrNtRaJ4

Weslaco High School

College Choices:

Houston
Texas Tech
TCU

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Jermie Calhoun is the top running back in the state of Texas, here is some info. on him.

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=49060&Sport=1

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Katy's Aundre Dean should be the best running back in the state.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=57215&Sport=1

GetRDoneStangs
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
OK, I did some searching and found this site...It is a state wide ranking (All Classes)...but it doesn't look to accurate (complete) to me??? Look who is missing!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am not sure how they get ther stats, but Clay ain't there!!

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateLeaders.mxp/optType-player/selType-Rushing/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/Texas

If you sort by school it only has 100 schools in the rushing ranking...but at least an idea of who has what!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
OK, I did some searching and found this site...It is a state wide ranking (All Classes)...but it doesn't look to accurate to me???Look who is missing!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateLeaders.mxp/optType-player/selType-Rushing/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/Texas

If you sort by school it only has 100 schools in the rushing ranking...but at least an idea of who has what!

I can't figure it out

:confused: :confused:

Someone with the kind of yards Will has and, He shows up kno were at all.:thinking:

mrescape43
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Earl Cambell ran a 4.7! Did it hurt him? :thinking:

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Earl Cambell ran a 4.7! Did it hurt him? :thinking: 4.7 in his day was good. Now days with RB's running 4.3's and 4.4's like it aint nothing.

GetRDoneStangs
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Earl Cambell ran a 4.7! Did it hurt him? :thinking:

Naw...he wound up making some pretty good sausage after all!!!

:D :D :D

SUPERMANN5107
12-09-2007, 08:36 PM

I watched him run a 4.5 flat this summer. Of course it wasn't timed with a laser so it maybe a few one hundreths of a second off. Maybe a 4.52 or 3. As far as lack of production, he had 800+ yards as a soph. and 1200 plus last year as a junior. By the time Snyder is done playing (whenever that may be) he'll have over 5,000 career yards.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
I watched him run a 4.5 flat this summer. Of course it wasn't timed with a laser so it maybe a few one hundreths of a second off. Maybe a 4.52 or 3. As far as lack of production, he had 800+ yards as a soph. and 1200 plus last year as a junior. By the time Snyder is done playing (whenever that may be) he'll have over 5,000 career yards.

Didn't he have a hurt ankle for most of the season last year?

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107

Yeah I heard the other day he ran a 4.48

SUPERMANN5107
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Didn't he have a hurt ankle for most of the season last year?

Yea it bothered him pretty much the whole season if I can remember

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
What does Kenneth run SUPERMANN?

STANG RED
12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Sadly this doesnt surprise me. It is just typical for west Texas athletes in general. We are just so far from the major media centers, it's hard for a west Texas kid to get the kind of exposure kids from other regions can get, espicially those near the metroplex. It would have been to Will Clay's advantage to have had that Vernon game at Texas Stadium for sure. But I'll bet he's made enough noise by now to have turned at least a few recruiters heads. He's probably made a few lists this last couple of weeks.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
OK, I did some searching and found this site...It is a state wide ranking (All Classes)...but it doesn't look to accurate (complete) to me??? Look who is missing!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the link. Clay ain't on that list but he would be in the # 2 spot if he was. His stats are better than everyone else on that list.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Thanks for the link. Clay ain't on that list but he would be in the # 2 spot if he was. His stats are better than everyone else on that list.

Yeah def.. That Marcus Wright must be a beast, But Will would be #2....Why isn't he on that list? I really don't know

navscanmaster
12-10-2007, 08:02 AM
They left off Xavier Canto from Caldwell also. He went over 2000.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
That list is horrible. They left off a lot of good RB's

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
That list is horrible. They left off a lot of good RB's

Yea, I think the coaches report to that site, and maybe our coaches arn't. But Will having almost 3000 on 267 carries with 41 td's this far might put him at # 1?

lynx_rufus
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
According to this page Mr. Clay had 2562 rushing yards through 13 games. So if you add in his rushing yards from the Vernon game you should know how many rushing yards he had on the season. Of course, the stats look incomplete but it does show 306 carries for 2562 yards in 13 games.

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/741/

So Clay probably has around 2800 rushing yards for the season.

Which is impressive.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
According to this page Mr. Clay had 2562 rushing yards through 13 games. So if you add in his rushing yards from the Vernon game you should know how many rushing yards he had on the season. Of course, the stats look incomplete but it does show 306 carries for 2562 yards in 13 games.

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/741/

So Clay probably has around 2800 rushing yards for the season.

Which is impressive.

That site is not always accurate. I know that they don't have the stats from the Snyder/Hereford game.