PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Gilmer

duckpluck
12-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Well lets get this thread started. I know it will go all week.

I think it will be awesome to see the LH "System" vs the Gilmer D1 commits.

Gilmer already has 5 Div 1 verbal commits. For a 3A school thats amazing.

IHStangFan
12-08-2007, 11:35 PM
isnt this already a stickied thread up top?

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75838

j_dog
12-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
....Gilmer already has 5 Div 1 verbal commits.
does not matter. LH "system" is invincible. :) :thinking: :confused:

duckpluck
12-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Thats was the Poll. This is the "official" smack talk thread. LOL

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Thats was the Poll. This is the "official" smack talk thread. LOL It'll just get merged

duckpluck
12-09-2007, 12:45 AM
:)

dirtydan
12-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by j_dog

bring that sloppy T on.

rundoe
12-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
bring that sloppy T on.

WE ARE!!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Nanny349pm/3b87-1.jpg
Nuts!!

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
bring that sloppy T on.

Its gunna blow your mind, trust me. You'll be asking yourself, which way did he go?

TexanAlum_06
12-09-2007, 02:42 AM
IMO the only type of team that has a good chance at beating the Panthers is a team that has a very explosive SPREAD offense that can match them score for score and beat them with the pass, LH's only weakness from what I can tell is their defensive backfield, it always has been their weakness. a good spread passing attack will do some damage, Gilmer should watch film from the Wimberley/LH game last year, we had a really good passing attack and we scorched their secondary. mainly over the middle with crossing patterns.... I expect a high scoring game to be honest, depending on how good Gilmers Defense is. I know a couple of years ago Gilmer had tons of O but no D. Is it still the same story? or do they have a decent defense? some who knows please spill the beans.... any word on where this on will be played, I hope it is a saturday night at RRISD complex so I can be in attendence, But im betting it will be Floyd Casey, Waco ISD stadium or maybe Texas Stadium. would be sweet if it was at DKR.:)

bigron15
12-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Its gunna blow your mind, trust me. You'll be asking yourself, which way did he go?

its true...i seen it!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by j_dog

It dont matter how many DI recruits Gilmer has...there ganna get beat by this BA Liberty Hill team

rundoe
12-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
IMO the only type of team that has a good chance at beating the Panthers is a team that has a very explosive SPREAD offense that can match them score for score and beat them with the pass, LH's only weakness from what I can tell is their defensive backfield, it always has been their weakness. a good spread passing attack will do some damage, Gilmer should watch film from the Wimberley/LH game last year, we had a really good passing attack and we scorched their secondary. mainly over the middle with crossing patterns.... I expect a high scoring game to be honest, depending on how good Gilmers Defense is. I know a couple of years ago Gilmer had tons of O but no D. Is it still the same story? or do they have a decent defense? some who knows please spill the beans.... any word on where this on will be played, I hope it is a saturday night at RRISD complex so I can be in attendence, But im betting it will be Floyd Casey, Waco ISD stadium or maybe Texas Stadium. would be sweet if it was at DKR.:)

Liberty Hill's improved greatly this year. That won't get to done amymore. This years secondary is not last years.

duckpluck
12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
:)

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
I posted this in the sticky thread and it wasn't addressed, so I will do it again here:

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
On the Abilene Wylie/Gilmer feed I was listening too (KMOO.com) the announcers were talking about how much trouble Gilmer had the few times AW ran a "misdirection" play....it that's the case, you think that LH's offense would give them fits!!

But what do I know??:confused:

Would anybody like to discuss??

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 11:03 AM
i don't know that they gave us "fits". they scored twice. if you had told me before the game we were gonna hold Wylie's offense to 14, i would have been buying my ticket for this week. they did hurt us a couple of times on screens across the backside. I would like to see some stats from the game if anyone has them.

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i don't know that they gave us "fits". they scored twice. if you had told me before the game we were gonna hold Wylie's offense to 14, i would have been buying my ticket for this week. they did hurt us a couple of times on screens across the backside. I would like to see some stats from the game if anyone has them.

I never said they gave yall fits.....I just said the announcers said that Gilmer was having trouble defending the misdirection plays. What I ACTUALLY said was the you would THINK with the offense the LH runs that they (they being Liberty Hill) would give them fits!!

setxsports
12-09-2007, 11:09 AM
From Smoaky

Gilmer head coach Jeff Traylor called me this morning and said their game with Liberty Hill has been moved to 4:00pm.

(14-0) Gilmer vs. (13-0) Liberty Hill, Saturday, 4:00pm, Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco

David Smoak

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by **********
From Smoaky

Gilmer head coach Jeff Traylor called me this morning and said their game with Liberty Hill has been moved to 4:00pm.

(14-0) Gilmer vs. (13-0) Liberty Hill, Saturday, 4:00pm, Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco

David Smoak if that is correct that would be great. won't have to get home at 2:00 in the morning!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
if that is correct that would be great. won't have to get home at 2:00 in the morning!!!!!

No joke!! Our plan was to get a hotel in Waco and drive home the next day, but I would much rather get home that night!

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Why wouldn't anyone want to hang around and take in the nightlife of Waco?

What was the name of that bar made famous recently by the Baylor assistant coach who peed all over it at closing time?

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No joke!! Our plan was to get a hotel in Waco and drive home the next day, but I would much rather get home that night! that is what i was gonna do. I like when other folks are looking out for my dollar:D

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 11:33 AM
that is what i was gonna do. I like when other folks are looking out for my dollar:D

Amen!! This time of year, I need every extra penny I can get!!

R4Editor
12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Liberty Hill's improved greatly this year. That won't get to done amymore. This years secondary is not last years. i watch how secondary cover and they knew where to be at and blanket cover the receviers the whole game, they had only 2 breakdown on coverages but passes weren't completed. Execellant secondary play by LH.

sinton66
12-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

No, you'll be saying:

"I would have sworn that guy had the ball".

wimbo_pro
12-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by **********
From Smoaky

David Smoak

Wow...I would have thought Waco is much closer to LH than Gilmer, but I havent looked at a map either. It's a great stadium to play in and for the fans too.

just checked the map. It says LH is 90 miles from Waco, and Gilmer is 300!!!!!

Hill Man
12-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wow...I would have thought Waco is much closer to LH than Gilmer, but I havent looked at a map either. It's a great stadium to play in and for the fans too.

just checked the map. It says LH is 90 miles from Waco, and Gilmer is 300!!!!!

Not far, hour 45 min - easy drive up 35..

wimbo_pro
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Not far, hour 45 min - easy drive up 35..

yep. Surprises me that Gilmer has to go so far...I would have thought Dallas would be closer to "in the middle'. maybe there isnt a decent stadium available, but thats hard to believe.

espn1
12-09-2007, 12:39 PM
This is going to be a good high scoring game. If anyone can beat LH it's going to be a team like Gilmer. LH"S secondary is suspect. If you have a good QB that can throw timing patterns then LH can/will have some problems. A duo like Mc Gee and Shipley would score fast and furious all day long on this defense. If you don't have that type of QB then I don't see LH even breaking a sweat. But I hear that Gilmer has a could Qb and good receivers if this is true then this will make for a good game. If you can hold LH to 15 plays and a touchdown and you score quickly on offense then you beat LH. If you have no defense forget it. In my opinion the only really decent QB that LH has run into all year is the QB from Cuero. So if Gimers QB Is comparable to him then this will be a fun game. I'm looking forward to it.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by espn1
This is going to be a good high scoring game. If anyone can beat LH it's going to be a team like Gilmer. LH"S secondary is suspect. If you have a good QB that can throw timing patterns then LH can/will have some problems. A duo like Mc Gee and Shipley would score fast and furious all day long on this defense. If you don't have that type of QB then I don't see LH even breaking a sweat. But I hear that Gilmer has a could Qb and good receivers if this is true then this will make for a good game. If you can hold LH to 15 plays and a touchdown and you score quickly on offense then you beat LH. If you have no defense forget it. In my opinion the only really decent QB that LH has run into all year is the QB from Cuero. So if Gimers QB Is comparable to him then this will be a fun game. I'm looking forward to it.

Good point, ESPN1...but I dont think the Cuero QB threw that much against them. I agree though, that Cuero QB has a tremendous future ahead of him.

espn1
12-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Good point, ESPN1...but I dont think the Cuero QB threw that much against them. I agree though, that Cuero QB has a tremendous future ahead of him. Cuero had some success against LH. But in the end it was mistakes and LH's defense that sucked the life out of the Gobblers. This game could have easily been closer and yes Cuero threw the ball on LH.

R4Editor
12-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Cuero had some success against LH. But in the end it was mistakes and LH's defense that sucked the life out of the Gobblers. This game could have easily been closer and yes Cuero threw the ball on LH. Cuero receivers have some speed, that was the difference. if receivers get open almost any QB can get them the ball.

TexanAlum_06
12-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Thats why I said a GOOD spread attack will Hurt LH. Their secondary is their weakness... some LH fans have even admitted it. I dont care if their secondary had great coverage last night against Pleasenton. Pleasenton aint very good, and Im pretty sure Gilmer is a better team then pleasanton. Can Gilmer run the ball? Espn1 has a good point, if a team is to knock off LH it would be a team like Gilmer.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
It seems no doubt that the best 2 teams in D1 are facing each other.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM

just checked the map. It says LH is 90 miles from Waco, and Gilmer is 300!!!!! well your map is wrong. it's about a 3 hour drive from Gilmer. some will make it in 2.5 :D

R3Editor
12-09-2007, 01:52 PM
yep. Surprises me that Gilmer has to go so far...I would have thought Dallas would be closer to "in the middle'. maybe there isnt a decent stadium available, but thats hard to believe.
If I understand correctly, all FOUR coaches (Abilene Wylie, Gilmer, Liberty Hill and Pleasanton) agreed to the location ahead of time. I doubt distance would even be discussed if Pleasanton and Wylie had won last night.

c-town_balla
12-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Gilmer has played state at baylor before....and lost maybe its cursed....I doubt it tho

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Gilmer has played state at baylor before....and lost maybe its cursed....I doubt it tho our only trip ever there!!!!! you would probably know that:devil:

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Thats why I said a GOOD spread attack will Hurt LH. Their secondary is their weakness... some LH fans have even admitted it. I dont care if their secondary had great coverage last night against Pleasenton. Pleasenton aint very good, and Im pretty sure Gilmer is a better team then pleasanton. Can Gilmer run the ball? Espn1 has a good point, if a team is to knock off LH it would be a team like Gilmer.

Yes, Gilmer can run the ball.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
well your map is wrong. it's about a 3 hour drive from Gilmer. some will make it in 2.5 :D

I just entered in Yahoo maps...it showed Gilmer fans to go through Dallas, then south. THAT might be 300 miles, right? I would think there is a more direct route through smaller highways.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I just entered in Yahoo maps...it showed Gilmer fans to go through Dallas, then south. THAT might be 300 miles, right? I would think there is a more direct route through smaller highways. hwy 31 thru Tyler to corsicana and then waco.

TOPS1435
12-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Gilmer has numerous Baylor grads and none would be so dumb as to go to Waco via Dallas. So much for Yahoo maps.

Taking Hwy 31 from Tyler to Waco and you get there in 180 miles, or 3 hours. Longer than the trip for LH but not bad. Same timing as last week.

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 01:32 AM
I just entered in Yahoo maps...it showed Gilmer fans to go through Dallas, then south. THAT might be 300 miles, right? I would think there is a more direct route through smaller highways.
I tell everyone I know to stay away from Yahoo. I always go through RandMcNally.com. They've been printing maps for ages now. Figure they probably know a thing or two about directions.

Check them out.

wimbo_pro
12-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the tip, Russ.