PDA

View Full Version : Division I State Championship - Liberty Hill(13-0) vs. Gilmer Buckeyes(14-0)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Heard the location will be:
Floyd Casey Stadium - Waco, TX
Time: 4:00 pm
Date: December 15

Should be a good game! I'm going with LH!

IHStangFan
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
LH by 10

Dogman_1969
12-08-2007, 11:00 PM
LH in a blowout.....

Gilmer will find out that they aren't in east Texas anymore......................

Hill Man
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LH by 10

OH NO!! Stang is prediting a LH victory....We are doomed..

HEMOTOXIC
LH by 14....Hello LH Panther MOM:)

IHStangFan
12-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
LH in a blowout.....

Gilmer will find out that they aren't in east Texas anymore...................... just to be clear...define "blowout" as...I will wanna ref. this comment later.

charlesrixey
Johnson better have six touchdowns

IHStangFan
Originally posted by Hill Man
OH NO!! Stang is prediting a LH victory....We are doomed.. LOL!! nice.

Leopards,class of 75
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
L.H. in a good, close game!

buff4ever
12-08-2007, 11:11 PM
This game has great potential for a state championship game. Two unbeatens, only one can win the big one.

I take LH, don't know if gilmer will keep it close or not, will have to wait and see.

CueroDad2006
12-08-2007, 11:23 PM
The Buckeyes will need to score "EVERYTIME" it has the ball. Any turnovers at all you will pay. Must get 1 turnover each half,and do not turn it over the whole game. If Gilmer can do this they have a shot.

Buckeyeman
12-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Smoaky.com says the game is at Waco ISD Stadium. Which one is it?
Nevermind. He just changed it to Floyd Casey Stadium

lakers
12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
sounds like it will be the match up of the year...

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Liberty Hill by 14+

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Key matchup inside the matchup

David Snow/Marlow Portier

j_dog
12-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
The Buckeyes will need to score "EVERYTIME" it has the ball. .....
like LH, scoring just about every time they have the ball is a Gilmer trademark from way back.

This ought to be a real shootout. :) :clap:

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:42 PM
They said on the feed that LH has only punted 13 times this year!

Ranger Mom
12-08-2007, 11:49 PM
On the Abilene Wylie/Gilmer feed I was listening too (KMOO.com) the announcers were talking about how much trouble Gilmer had the few times AW ran a "misdirection" play....it that's the case, you think that LH's offense would give them fits!!

But what do I know??:confused:

YamTown
12-08-2007, 11:55 PM
There's no doubt that LH is an excellent team, but so are the Buckeyes. Both teams have a lot of talent, and like to score fast and often. I'll give the edge to LH on D, but I gotta take my buckeyes on O. It'll be a close hard fought game in my opinion, with the Nutz winning it in a squeaker. Either way it goes down,.......... I just hope that both teams play with class and respect.

j_dog
12-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by YamTown
There's no doubt that LH is an excellent team, but so are the Buckeyes. Both teams have a lot of talent, and like to score fast and often. I'll give the edge to LH on D, but I gotta take my buckeyes on O. It'll be a close hard fought game in my opinion, with the Nutz winning it in a squeaker. Either way it goes down,.......... I just hope that both teams play with class and respect.
close, yes. I predict 49-47 or alternatively 47-49. Take your pick. ;)

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 12:07 AM
LHPM just called me and confirmed - 7pm Floyd Casey in Waco, Saturday night

CueroDad2006
12-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Liberty Hill will keep the ball on 7-8 min. drives and your D will be on field all night. And if you try and score fast with big play, It will only make it harder on your D. Like I said you cant stop em, all you can do is get 2 turnovers, one in first half one in second. But dont turn it over the whole game. And in the end you will have a shot to win. Got to score when you get the ball.

Hill Man
12-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

who is the home team?

8HR
12-09-2007, 12:57 AM
LH is the home team.

mrwakelley
12-09-2007, 01:19 AM
To much hype about liberty hill just like the hype about abilene. i say gilmer will blow out liberty hill and give an upset to them just like the battle they gave abilene. This team is got so much talent with stump godrfrey able to run and gun and the "bus cant be stopped by one man. and with hands like houston has, liberty hill better have a great secondary. i give this game to gilmer no doubt. liberty hill might catch a brake and get ahead but gilmer has showed they can come from behind and win in these past to games.

Buckeye1980
12-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I guess you will call me a homer and I am , I feel like Gilmer will win , not a blow out at all how bout 34-28

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I'll take the Justin Johnson's by 6.

Balcones fault
12-09-2007, 01:48 AM
LH by 14. Say, 42-28. Congrats to both teams for outstanding seasons.

garciap77
12-09-2007, 01:55 AM
I'll take Gilmer by 14! Good luck to both teams!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Highschoolfan78
12-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by mrwakelley
To much hype about liberty hill just like the hype about abilene. i say gilmer will blow out liberty hill and give an upset to them just like the battle they gave abilene. This team is got so much talent with stump godrfrey able to run and gun and the "bus cant be stopped by one man. and with hands like houston has, liberty hill better have a great secondary. i give this game to gilmer no doubt. liberty hill might catch a brake and get ahead but gilmer has showed they can come from behind and win in these past to games.

hmm the words blow out in front of Liberty Hill just doesn't look right in a sentence. If you go down fast to Liberty Hill and don't take advantage of times your offense has the ball, then you are in for a long night. If you are a passing fan, then watching their offense will be pretty boring. Nevertheless, You're offense will watch helplessly from the sidelines if your D doesn't play big. I pick Liberty Hill in this one by 10 or more.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2007, 02:25 AM

whoever you just mentioned really wont be doing much on the sidelines when our offense is eating up all the clock :devil:

LH does what it takes to win this one and make it back to back

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Part of me wants to say LH by the way they're playing, but I just can't help but think that Gilmer hasn't really put their foot on the gas all year long. Five seniors with Big XII offers on the table, the top prospect in Texas by some accounts, and tons of future Division-I players playing all over the field.

When you're putting out more Division I talent than Brenham, you know the team's loaded.

All kidding aside, I'll take Gilmer by 13. Don't know who I want to win this game, but I think it'll be the toughest test of the season for LH.

Good luck to both teams.

rundoe
12-09-2007, 03:46 AM

Theres no hype. Ain't gonna happen. Back to back State Champs.
They are peaking at exactly the right time. Each game is better than the last. LH wins this one.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Unless he's gotten a new offer, one of the five Div I recruits is not going to a Big 12 school as I don't think La. Tech qualifies.

That's too bad, because Tuminello probably DOES have the talent to play in the Big 12. He's made some big catches in the playoffs.

navscanmaster
12-09-2007, 07:41 AM
It is Liberty Hill's to lose. I haven't seen Gilmer play this year, but every time I have seen them they are very athletic and fast and play hard. I just think that Liberty Hill is too complete of a team this year. Gilmer's only chance to come out on top in this one is to match scores and go for 2. I don't see it happening, but I won't predict a blowout either way. Liberty Hill 35-29.

I have to work Saturday, but you never know, I might *cough* uh *cough* come down with a bug...

1st and goal
12-09-2007, 09:40 AM
First let me say my hat is off to LH's players and coaches for their dedication and hard work. They are the team to beat this year no matter which division you look at.

That being said, I think they have had a relative cakewalk into the state championship game. I think that many of the best teams were in Div II and I know that some would have given LH a better game than they have faced yet.

I plan on going to the title game next week and I feel confident they'll win. I would like to see Gilmer give them a good game though. Gilmer could show up and surprise a bunch of us.

I have to say, last years championship game between LH and Celina was one of the best games I've ever been to in person. (I filmed it and have watched it at least 3 or 4 times.)

How about a Div I vs Div II playoff game in a cowfield somewhere?

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 10:03 AM
LH wins big

Wylie and Roosevelt are really good teams and were each a play away from sending Gilmer home, but Lh is on a whole different level and the Buckeyes wont be close enough for a one play swing to save them in the 4th quarter like it has in the last two.

LH 35 Gilmer 22

3afan
12-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

boo - was hoping for Friday

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I would like to see Gilmer give them a good game though. Gilmer could show up and surprise a bunch of us.

Originally posted by JJ7997

Wylie and Roosevelt are really good teams and were each a play away from sending Gilmer home

Ya'll are freakin killing me!!!!!!! 14-0 this season, 63-4 since 2003, hell these guys don't know what loseing is. but alas. i forgot we were playing the almighty LHPanthers. as I sit here at my computer laughing to myself, I can't help but think, we will be good to go. And don't underestimate our defense, cause you might get your feelings hurt, ain't that right Wylie?

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
On the Abilene Wylie/Gilmer feed I was listening too (KMOO.com) the announcers were talking about how much trouble Gilmer had the few times AW ran a "misdirection" play....it that's the case, you think that LH's offense would give them fits!!

But what do I know??:confused:
Misdirection? What is this "misdirection" you speak of? :confused: :thinking: Is that "ball, ball, who's got the ball"? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

duckpluck
12-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I am a LH fan but know that this will be a great game. Two great teams.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
I am a LH fan but know that this will be a great game. Two great teams. i will not disagree with that one bit!!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Has the game time been moved up to 4 p.m.? That's what is being said on another board.

mrwakelley
12-09-2007, 12:23 PM
10-4 the game time has changed the place has not the gilmer mirror has it set to go down at 4 pm at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco on Saturday. Good Luck to both teams wish I was going to be able to see it but will have to just listen live when I get back overseas. But before I go I just have to say Go Buckeyes Win State.

ProudHornetMom
12-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
hmm the words blow out in front of Liberty Hill just doesn't look right in a sentence. If you go down fast to Liberty Hill and don't take advantage of times your offense has the ball, then you are in for a long night. If you are a passing fan, then watching their offense will be pretty boring. Nevertheless, You're offense will watch helplessly from the sidelines if your D doesn't play big. I pick Liberty Hill in this one by 10 or more.

I agree. I don't think it will be a close game at all. The only way to beat LH is to not let them have the ball...ever. ;)

Yep, I base this on only watching one LH game in person but several game films. I've only seen Gilmer once. Great team and certainly a winning tradition but it will be a LH state win.

big daddy russ
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Unless he's gotten a new offer, one of the five Div I recruits is not going to a Big 12 school as I don't think La. Tech qualifies.

That's too bad, because Tuminello probably DOES have the talent to play in the Big 12. He's made some big catches in the playoffs.
He has a standing offer from Baylor, but committed to LaTech.

Scout.com link... College interest at bottom of page (http://louisianatech.scout.com/a.z?s=347&p=8&c=1&nid=3006642)

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I've been to the last 3 Gilmer games and watched Liberty Hill against Cuero this year.

Liberty Hill looked DAMN GOOD in Week 4 and like every other team have continued to improve as the season has progressed.

Gilmer has had to claw their way to victory in these last 2 games. Wylie opened up some huge holes and was able to run right at Gilmer and their "D" and that spells trouble for them against LH as LH will pound the ball all night long and wear that Gilmer D down.

In order for Gilmer to give themselves a shot at staying with and beating LH they will have to eat up some clock time themselves. Running JJ straight ahead behind that huge O-line. He will run into the same problem he did against Wylie if he tries to run side line to side line. Ain't gonna happen against LH defense!

Neither team can afford to turn the ball over and special teams on kick offs are gonna be key! I seriously doubt there will be any punting going on. LOL. I've been wrong before, but I'll be shocked if either team has to punt the ball.

I've been waiting for this game all year and I'm as happy as a kid at Christmas!! :) :) :)

I'll take Liberty Hill by 4

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Scout.com link... College interest at bottom of page (http://louisianatech.scout.com/a.z?s=347&p=8&c=1&nid=3006642)

Well, I can certainly understand why ANY prospect would not want to attend Baylor at this point.

Baylor is BTINO (Big Twelve In Name Only).

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 02:10 PM

I know lots of good folks (parents and brother :) )who graduated from La Tech.. really pretty campus.....

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM

I was more impressed with him than the one that is going to A&M, and the coaches were saying the same thing as well when were breaking them down on tape.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'll take Liberty Hill by 4 We don't need an answer to that ???? The real ???? is what color SHIRT you gonna wear:devil::kiss::kiss:

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
We don't need an answer to that ???? The real ???? is what color SHIRT you gonna wear:devil::kiss::kiss: Maroon :kiss: :kiss:

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Maroon :kiss: :kiss: the Aggies aren't playing:thinking:

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I've been wrong before, but I'll be shocked if either team has to punt the ball.

Umm, there is no rule stating you HAVE to punt the ball on fourth down — ever — no matter where you are on the field. Just watch Gilmer. :D

Yeah, I'd be shocked if we even HAVE a punter anymore. He may well have walked off the team by now. He's like the Maytag repairman. ;)

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Umm, there is no rule stating you HAVE to punt the ball on fourth down — ever — no matter where you are on the field. Just watch Gilmer. :D

Yeah, I'd be shocked if we even HAVE a punter anymore. He may well have walked off the team by now. He's like the Maytag repairman. ;) True, but you know what I mean! :tongue:

And aussie maroon = Sinton not A&M :hairpunk: :D

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Yeah, I'd be shocked if we even HAVE a punter anymore. He may well have walked off the team by now. He's like the Maytag repairman. ;)

Actually you punted ONCE last night ;)

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2007, 02:47 PM
You can tell I wasn't there or I'd have DEFINITELY remembered something as unusual as that!

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Actually you punted ONCE last night ;) They did?? wow I don't remember that, but last night is kinda fuzzy anyway. LOL

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
You can tell I wasn't there or I'd have DEFINITELY remembered something as unusual as that!
Maybe he was a senior and they wanted to get him some playing time?

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:53 PM
They did?? wow I don't remember that, but last night is kinda fuzzy anyway. LOL yes, i remember a punt:thinking:

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:53 PM
yes, i remember a punt:thinking:
Even more weird...on our side of the field!!!

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
And aussie maroon = Sinton not A&M :hairpunk: :D i knew that. it put a slight dagger in me..............just not as bad as if you had said PURPLE:doh:

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
i knew that. it put a slight dagger in me..............just not as bad as if you had said PURPLE:doh: I'll wear my orange on thursday and my purple on friday and maroon on saturday and that way whoever wins i can wear their shirt on sunday! :D

c-town_balla
I want #63 to get a sack so I can tell my oline buddies that I am better than Daivd Snow

pirate4state
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I want #63 to get a sack so I can tell my oline buddies that I am better than Daivd Snow LMAO!

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I want #63 to get a sack so I can tell my oline buddies that I am better than Daivd Snow
Hahaha! :D

TOPS1435
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey, LHPanther Mom,

Where will you be during the game? I am usually walking the sideline taking photos, but will look you up if I know where to find you.

By the way, for those taking about Gilmer's punt, the punter is a senior, and his one effort in the second quarter was from near midfield to inside the Wylie 20 for 36 yards. I thought he did exactly what was called for.

boudreaux
12-09-2007, 05:09 PM
If Gilmer can throw the ball the Buckeyes win in a close one. Navasota's WR went out with a broken arm killiing the Rattlers chances. Not that Navasota would have won anyway. If Gilmer can throw they can win. If they can't LH wins by 7. Weather may play a role with the south wind. It can give you short punts and very long KO's. Gilmer is on a mission to win what they feel they deserve from last year. But Gilmer's forte aint defense. Their D will have to play well. This is not a thing they do well. People have scored points on the Buckeyes that shouldnt be scoring on a state championship team. Gilmer faced a better team in the semi's with Wylie than LH did vs UnPleasnton. Should be a good game.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Hey, LHPanther Mom,

Where will you be during the game? I am usually walking the sideline taking photos, but will look you up if I know where to find you.
Between the 48's, around 10-15 rows up. Last year we were 4-5 rows down from the walkway, probably in the same general neighborhood this year.

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
If Gilmer can throw the ball the Buckeyes win in a close one. Navasota's WR went out with a broken arm killiing the Rattlers chances. can we throw:thinking: i dunno:D...............ya'll only got 1 reciever?

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Between the 48's, around 10-15 rows up. Last year we were 4-5 rows down from the walkway, probably in the same general neighborhood this year. I do want to say to you and all the LH fans, that I have looked forward to this for quite sometime. this game should be great between 2 great teams. I could not have been happier with any other opponent. We want to beat the best, and the defending STATE CHAMP would be as good as it gets. We shall agree to be slight enemies for 1 week, and then we shall carry on as usual:thumbsup:

LHPantherfanII
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
This will be a great game!! I have friends and family calling me from Copperas Cove saying they groups of people to see our game for the first half then going to their game in RR at 7!!
Gilmer and LH are awesome teams and they both have to BRING IT to win it!! No mistakes are allowed!

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
They did?? wow I don't remember that, but last night is kinda fuzzy anyway. LOL

Left Right

Where is the Dennys

Runnin Panther
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I do want to say to you and all the LH fans, that I have looked forward to this for quite sometime. this game should be great between 2 great teams. I could not have been happier with any other opponent. We want to beat the best, and the defending STATE CHAMP would be as good as it gets. We shall agree to be slight enemies for 1 week, and then we shall carry on as usual:thumbsup:

We also have been looking forward to this game for quite some time. LH has kept an eye on Gilmer since the minute we realized we were going D 1. Believe me the Panthers have plenty of respect for the Buckeyes and promise to bring our A game. Should be a great game. I’ll take an LH win by 1.

Back to Back BABY!!! We have waited for this moment all year.

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I have watched Gilmer this year and I just don't believe they have the defense to stop LH. However I wouldn't be surprised if this was a close high scoring affair.

50 - 47 LH State Champs

DU_stud04
12-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Left Right

Where is the Dennys left right?(turns right) hahahaha

OldBison75
12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
This is one of those games that you better expect some surprises. I think Liberty Hill has the offense and defense to hold to thier gameplan better. The scary thing about that is that Gilmer will be the one to take chances--vary from the norm==and maybe have a trick or two up the sleeves. I think this game could hinge on how successful the Buckeyes are with those "surprise plays". That being said, I still pick the consistency of Liberty Hill by 10.

LHPfactory
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Ive heard of 30 pound turkeys, but crows, man you will be eating left over crow till baseball season.....brilliant second post....

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
To much hype about liberty hill just like the hype about abilene. i say gilmer will blow out liberty hill and give an upset to them just like the battle they gave abilene. This team is got so much talent with stump godrfrey able to run and gun and the "bus cant be stopped by one man. and with hands like houston has, liberty hill better have a great secondary. i give this game to gilmer no doubt. liberty hill might catch a brake and get ahead but gilmer has showed they can come from behind and win in these past to games. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LHPfactory
Ive heard of 30 pound turkeys, but crows, man you will be eating left over crow till baseball season.....brilliant second post....

:D :D I have a feeling you'll be bookmarking this post........ ;)

Daddy D 11
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
wow, im surprised by all the opinions that LH would win.

call me crazy but i thought people would view us as the underdog? but anyways, Justin Johnson is going to be the game breaker. If he can have a great game and allow the Gilmer defense to catch their breath, it will be an even greater game than already expected. Only problem with that scenario is that he wont be on the field too much.

Get ready for some 10 minute drives yall :devil:

LHPfactory
12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah I might just have to keep that one for future use...:)

But its not to thumb my nose at the buckeyes, they are a great team in a great program, It will be WWIII, however, I believe LH will take it no doubt.

Good luck to Gobblers this week, I believe yall will be in your 11th title game. Austin would be a great location to meet Celina,,,,,, I Know lots of LH people would go to that one.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
same place, same locker room, same jerseys, same sideline, same TEAM.

2007 is going to be just like 2006, a great game with another LH victory :clap:

TWO rings are better than ONE :D

Rattlesnake_08
12-09-2007, 11:05 PM
The Athletes vs. The Machine

Good ol' fashion Texas showdown.

Good luck to both teams.

Buckeye1980
12-09-2007, 11:10 PM
You know what would surprise me, if anyone ever picked against their home team......do not believe it will happen this week , I know I would never do it

Rattlesnake_08
12-09-2007, 11:19 PM
LHPM, I have a feeling RattlerDude and I will be attending the game this week.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
LHPM, I have a feeling RattlerDude and I will be attending the game this week.
Yay! :) It'll be good to meet you and to see RD again!

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
LH by 14....Hello LH Panther MOM:)
Hello HEMOTOXIC.... :) 14? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 12:09 AM
As of right now I'd pick LH 42-35-ish... won't be a blow-out... 'least I don't think it will...

firstcat
12-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Gilmer has a long-standing legacy. Their coaching staff, for the most part has been together, producing very successful results, AT GILMER, for over 22 years. Great teams, year after year.

Liberty Hill although one of the newer kids on the block, has built better teams, year after year, until the ultimate was finally achieved...2006 State Champs for Division 2.

Two class acts now facing off in the matchup of the year!

A new ultimate is now within the Panther's grasp...2007 State Champs for Division 1, with a PERFECT SEASON.

The Heart of a Champion beats strong inside the chest of every Panther. We fought hard to get to the top, and we like it here. We have a legacy of our own to leave.

My prediction:

As of December 15, 2007...
Purple and Gold will be the new STATE colors!

State Champs...both Divisions...Enough Said!

Martian Man
12-10-2007, 05:07 AM
There has been a State Champion come out of East Texas the last 4 years in 3a football. This year will be the same. Bring it home boys to East Texas !!!!

Gilmer by what ever it takes to win ( just like the last four game).

Darren
12-10-2007, 07:53 AM
LH has been spanking everyone they have played. I will go with LH by 17.

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
Gilmer has a long-standing legacy. Their coaching staff, for the most part has been together, producing very successful results, AT GILMER, for over 22 years. Great teams, year after year.

I think you are confusing Gilmer with Abilene Wylie here. Sandifer has been coach there with basically the same staff for 22 years.

Traylor has had a few guys with him from the beginning here as well, but he's only been here eight seasons.

22 years ago he was a senior in high school playing center for the Buckeyes on a pretty good team which went a couple of rounds into the playoffs, IIRC. Check out WOS87's playoff history for specifics.

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Darren
LH has been spanking everyone they have played. I will go with LH by 17. Except Rockdale. ;)

They had to come from behind and beat us. We only lost by 12 :)

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
OH NO!! Stang is prediting a LH victory....We are doomed..

You said it. I will quote you on it. Oh, yeah, I already did.

firstcat
12-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I think you are confusing Gilmer with Abilene Wylie here. Sandifer has been coach there with basically the same staff for 22 years.

Traylor has had a few guys with him from the beginning here as well, but he's only been here eight seasons.

22 years ago he was a senior in high school playing center for the Buckeyes on a pretty good team which went a couple of rounds into the playoffs, IIRC. Check out WOS87's playoff history for specifics.

You are right. I received info from a friend, and he had the coaching histories mixed up.
The sentiment still stands. A great historic program versus history in the making.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 09:50 AM
you need to get your facts straight before you post firstcat :mad: ;)

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Darren
LH has been spanking everyone they have played. I will go with LH by 17. I seriously doubt this will happen, but I've been wrong before! :D

firstcat
12-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
you need to get your facts straight before you post firstcat :mad: ;)

Hey, it was almost 1am when I was reading and posting!!!

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I seriously doubt this will happen, but I've been wrong before! :D

so who are you rooting for? im confused?

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Ya'll are freakin killing me!!!!!!! 14-0 this season, 63-4 since 2003, hell these guys don't know what loseing is. but alas. i forgot we were playing the almighty LHPanthers. as I sit here at my computer laughing to myself, I can't help but think, we will be good to go. And don't underestimate our defense, cause you might get your feelings hurt, ain't that right Wylie?

I'm not sure what you mean, but "ain't that right Wylie", cause there was no underestimating going on here, but there's no doubt that Gilmers defense can play with anybody. If they have to they can beef up at defensive lineman and control the line of scrimmage. Had they not put the big boys in on the goaline last Sat. when it was first and goal from the 2 yd line, they might not be playing this weekend. If Liberty Hill is one deminsional they will not be able to score more than 21 pts on the Buckeyes. I've not seen Liberty Hill play so I'm not qualified to make any bold predictions, but I've seen Gilmer plays twice this year. They are balanced and talented. I don't see a one deminsional team controling the Buckeyes. If Liberty Hill can pose any threat of a serious passing game, then this game will be very much like the one Gilmer played last week. Liberty Hill has had a much easier road to the finals than Gilmer and that may not play in their favor. Gilmer has been a some good battles and the one last Sat. was outright war. You will have to beat them in every phase for four quaters or you will go home a loser. I hope I can make this game.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 10:02 AM
so who are you rooting for? im confused? why are you confused? lol. I'll be rooting for both teams to play a great game! I think they'll go toe to toe with you guys. IMHO this will not be a blow out for either team, gonna be a close one.

I'll be sitting with LHPM and "the crew" so I'll be rooting for LHHS. ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I don't see a one deminsional team controling the Buckeyes.
Whew! I'm glad our one-dimensional offense has nothing to do with whether our defense can control the Buckeyes. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

It's the shell game. :devil:

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Is this gonna be a loooong week............OR WHAT?:doh:

lostaussie
12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure what you mean, but "ain't that right Wylie i didn't mean that at any one poster. i just got tired of hearing about how we had no defense last week. we have enough defense to get the job done. i thought holding you guys to 14 was very respectable on our part.

lostaussie
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Is this gonna be a loooong week............OR WHAT?:doh: we won't be as bad as Snyder/Celina:D

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 10:25 AM
we won't be as bad as Snyder/Celina:D

LOL!! That is a prediction I think we are ALL safe to make!!

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 10:26 AM
This will be a game that sets all things right for Gilmer. They whipped Tatum 71-28, two-time State Champion and going for their third this week. Tatum will be back in 3A next year. Gilmer beat Liberty Eylau, 3A DI defending State Champion. Gilmer will beat Libery Hill, 3A DII State Champion. This is legacy type stuff when Gilmer pulls it off.

That said, this game will be much like Gilmer's Championship game in 2004 and the playoff game against Canton in 2005. High scoring, big hits, occasional turnover, big plays, and basically coming down to who has the ball last. LH will see things this week that Gilmer has not done all year. Big boys on the Dline will force them to run outside. Gilmer's speed at LB and DB will finish it off. Just like against Wylie, when the big defensive play has to be made, it will be.

Gilmer 48, LH 40.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
This will be a game that sets all things right for Gilmer. They whipped Tatum 71-28, two-time State Champion and going for their third this week. Tatum will be back in 3A next year. Gilmer beat Liberty Eylau, 3A DI defending State Champion. Gilmer will beat Libery Hill, 3A DII State Champion. This is legacy type stuff when Gilmer pulls it off.

That said, this game will be much like Gilmer's Championship game in 2004 and the playoff game against Canton in 2005. High scoring, big hits, occasional turnover, big plays, and basically coming down to who has the ball last. LH will see things this week that Gilmer has not done all year. Big boys on the Dline will force them to run outside. Gilmer's speed at LB and DB will finish it off. Just like against Wylie, when the big defensive play has to be made, it will be.

Gilmer 48, LH 40.

Well shoot, PawDaddy....if you already know all of that, I might as well just stay home!!

wtxfootball08
12-10-2007, 10:32 AM
How many guys on LH roster are going D1??

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
How many guys on LH roster are going D1?? Why is there a secret to winning the game based on how many D1 recruits a team has?

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Well shoot, PawDaddy....if you already know all of that, I might as well just stay home!!

Yeah, save your gas. Both in the car and on the board. I report for you after the game.:devil:

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, save your gas. Both in the car and on the board. I report for you after the game.:devil: LOL --- Will you be at the game? If so, you should come over and meet with us at half-time.

Maybe you should heed your own advice about saving gas on the board! ;)
Nah, what fun would that be?? As long as no one takes anything personal this should be a fun week! :devil: :D

clemsmarina
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
How many guys on LH roster are going D1??

None.... Haven't you heard we are too small and too slow?

I'm pretty sure Celina had about 6 D-I players last year too.

I really don't understand why this keeps being brought up, as it has absolutely nothing to do with this game!

44INAROW
Yeah, save your gas. Both in the car and on the board. I report for you after the game.:devil:

RM - you have a gas problem? :eek: :D

LH Panther Mom
Why is there a secret to winning the game based on how many D1 recruits a team has?
No joke!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM

I don't know....I think I am just gonna have to take that chance.

You almost had me with that "dire" prediction, but then I remembered our little search feature and found this "prediction" about the Gilmer/Abilene Wylie game.

With the 11-2 record, there are holes in the defense that have been exploited by at least two teams. Be it another 200+ yard game for Johnson or a 4-5 touchdown passing game, Gilmer WILL put up at least 40 points. And this could be by halftime!

I'm not as impressed now!!:p :D

Rocket Dad
12-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Have seen both teams play this year. My prediction = L.H. 38 Gilmer 20

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't know....I think I am just gonna have to take that chance.

You almost had me with that "dire" prediction, but then I remembered our little search feature and found this "prediction" about the Gilmer/Abilene Wylie game.

I'm not as impressed now!!:p :D

You should be. With the 7 we scored for Wylie, and assuming scores instead of the two fumbles, that brings us real close to 40.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Gilmer 48, LH 40.

How many two-way starters does Gilmer have? And when you say ya’ll will play the big boys on the D line, are you talking about your starting O line starters?

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I forgot to address the gas issue. Stay away from the Mexican food and bring your Beano.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2007, 11:06 AM
You should be. With the 7 we scored for Wylie, and assuming scores instead of the two fumbles, that brings us real close to 40.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Ohhh....I didn't realize assumptions factored into the equation!! :doh:

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
How many two-way starters does Gilmer have? And when you say ya’ll will play the big boys on the D line, are you talking about your starting O line starters?

Yes, Big Snow played against Wylie in certain situations. Stands that he may be joined by some of the others to shut down the middle of the line. They definitely stuffed Wyle prior to their missed field goal.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Ohhh....I didn't realize assumptions factored into the equation!! :doh: LMAO ~~ people making ASSumptions factor into all of these discussions!!! :D

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Ohhh....I didn't realize assumptions factored into the equation!! :doh:

It is my equation, I use whatever factors I want!!!:D :D :D

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, Big Snow played against Wylie in certain situations. Stands that he may be joined by some of the others to shut down the middle of the line. They definitely stuffed Wyle prior to their missed field goal.

So we have established that the O line will be the D line, any other Buckeyes playing both ways?

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
i didn't mean that at any one poster. i just got tired of hearing about how we had no defense last week. we have enough defense to get the job done. i thought holding you guys to 14 was very respectable on our part.

Well actually it was 21 not 14, but everything about that game was respectable. Lets not dwell to much on the Ab. Wylie game (as much as I would like to talk about it because it was an awesome game). There are two teams left now and they deserve to be there.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
So we have established that the O line will be the D line, any other Buckeyes playing both ways?

Be careful with your assumptions, I stated in sertain situations, the Big Boys will definitely not be consistently going both ways. LH will get different looks. JJ plays a mean LB. In fact, he is more likely to play defense at OU than running back. Several more rotate in and out on defense. In a game like this, with no other to prepare for, you lay it all out. It will definitely be fun.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM

Last time I checked....defense is part of the game.:rolleyes:

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Last time I checked....defense is part of the game.:rolleyes:

??????????

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Be careful with your assumptions, I stated in sertain situations, the Big Boys will definitely not be consistently going both ways. LH will get different looks. JJ plays a mean LB. In fact, he is more likely to play defense at OU than running back. Several more rotate in and out on defense. In a game like this, with no other to prepare for, you lay it all out. It will definitely be fun.

I think what Pawdaddy is saying is that Gilmer has to ability to play different styles of defense depending on what the game situation is. Had they not put the big boys when Wylie had first and goal from the 2 yd line with about 4:00 minutes to go, they wouldn't be playing this weekend. They rely on a speed defense for the most part, but if you want to play smash mouth football, they certainly have the ability to play that way.

I think the key to this game will be whether or not Liberty Hill can pose any threat throwing the ball. A one deminsional team will not beat Gilmer. You better be balanced and have enough speed to match up. I think Gilmer was very surprised with how much speed Ab. Wylie had on the field. I don't know much about Liberty Hill so I'm not going to make any bold predictions, but if they can't throw, I can't see them winning this game unless their offensive line is unbelievalbe :D

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
??????????

7 that you scored for Wylie? The defense caused that fumble and then scored the TD. Gilmer didn't "give" Wylie anything. The QB took quite a hit on that play.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM

Come on Pawdaddy, remember what I said last week about the word "IF". Nobody needs to be what IFING anything about last weeks game. Gilmer didn't give Wylie anything, Wylie earned every single point and was in the red zone twice as many times as the Buckeyes.:D and came away with no points. Let's don't tarnish a great game by making useless and ignorant assumptions.:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
unless their offensive line is unbelievalbe :D
:thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmmm.....good point!

:evillol: :evillol:

Hill Man
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I think what Pawdaddy is saying is that Gilmer has to ability to play different styles of defense depending on what the game situation is. Had they not put the big boys when Wylie had first and goal from the 2 yd line with about 4:00 minutes to go, they wouldn't be playing this weekend. They rely on a speed defense for the most part, but if you want to play smash mouth football, they certainly have the ability to play that way.

I think the key to this game will be whether or not Liberty Hill can pose any threat throwing the ball. A one deminsional team will not beat Gilmer. You better be balanced and have enough speed to match up. I think Gilmer was very surprised with how much speed Ab. Wylie had on the field. I don't know much about Liberty Hill so I'm not going to make any bold predictions, but if they can't throw, I can't see them winning this game unless their offensive line is unbelievalbe :D

We hear this over and over.... one dimensional team will not cut it against a more athletic and or team with great defenses... ask Celina about it..
Put 10 or 11 in the box and we still make 4 to 6 yards...Will pound you to sleep then send the half back out on for a flair and it is a TD

just 36 pass attempts all season including playoffs, 16 receptions, 8 TDs
697 rushing attempts - 5605 yards - 77 TDs.

Same as last year and here we are ....in the state champ game.. go figure..

Come see for yourself the majic of the LH offense and the one dimensional show

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Come on Pawdaddy, remember what I said last week about the word "IF". Nobody needs to be what IFING anything about last weeks game. Gilmer didn't give Wylie anything, Wylie earned every single point and was in the red zone twice as many times as the Buckeyes.:D and came away with no points. Let's don't tarnish a great game by making useless and ignorant assumptions.:thumbsup:

There is no if in that sentence.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Come on Pawdaddy, remember what I said last week about the word "IF". Nobody needs to be what IFING anything about last weeks game. Gilmer didn't give Wylie anything, Wylie earned every single point and was in the red zone twice as many times as the Buckeyes.:D and came away with no points. Let's don't tarnish a great game by making useless and ignorant assumptions.:thumbsup: Agreed! There is still a thread for Wylie/Gilmer. Let's not clutter up THIS thread with talk of last week. :thumbsup:

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 12:07 PM
There is no if in that sentence.

Your trying to justify how close you think you came to 40 when you were just as close to 20. You don't have to actually use the word "IF" in your statement but your doing the same thing. It's like saying "IF" Justin Johnson had broken off two 75 yard Touchdown runs then he would have gotten to his average of 250 yards per game in the playoffs instead of 102 yards.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Your trying to justify how close you think you came to 40 when you were just as close to 20. You don't have to actually use the word "IF" in your statement but your doing the same thing. It's like saying "IF" Justin Johnson had broken off two 75 yard Touchdown runs then he would have gotten to his average of 250 yards per game in the playoffs instead of 102 yards.

Whatever. IF you come to Waco Saturday, you have a CHANCE to see a POTENTIALLY explosive game against two great teams. Get it?:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Whatever. IF you come to Waco Saturday, you have a CHANCE to see a POTENTIALLY explosive game against two great teams. Get it?:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

I hope I get to come. An if I'm there I will be sitting on the Gilmer side routing for them to win (I've already explained why on the other thread). Just don't want anybody disrespecting anything that happened last Sat. night. It was to good of a game, and our kids deserve the respect they earned, and statements like "the seven points Gilmer gave them", is not giving them that respect.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I hope I get to come. An if I'm there I will be sitting on the Gilmer side routing for them to win (I've already explained why on the other thread). Just don't want anybody disrespecting anything that happened last Sat. night. It was to good of a game, and our kids deserve the respect they earned, and statements like "the seven points Gilmer gave them", is not giving them that respect.

Sounds to me like someone has been on a weekend long crying jag. I have already posted what I thought of the game, team, and fans. If you do not want anyone to reply to your posts, don't post.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Sounds to me like someone has been on a weekend long crying jag. I have already posted what I thought of the game, team, and fans. If you do not want anyone to reply to your posts, don't post.

No crying going on here. I know how to win and lose with class, and goodluck finding anything I've posted that doesn't live up to that statement. I can poke fun and trash talk with the best of them when it's all in good fun, and most people on hear are the same way. Your the one that seems to show a chip on his shoulder at times. Let's just move on to this weeks game. I've already said that both teams deserve to be there and much like last week, two totally different types of programs.

Good Luck!

UPanIN
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen Gilmer play but they'll need more than 2-3 studs to even stay close. A friend of mine from Gilmer says they are very good but I thought the same about some teams until I saw LH.

Liberty Hill is a very very good 3A team.

I hope Gilmer can hang with LH and make a game of it.

Good luck to both schools!

Great job getting to the Championship game.:clap: :clap:

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
I haven't seen Gilmer play but they'll need more than 2-3 studs to even stay close. A friend of mine from Gilmer says they are very good but I thought the same about some teams until I saw LH.

Liberty Hill is a very very good 3A team.

I hope Gilmer can hang with LH and make a game of it.

Good luck to both schools!

Great job getting to the Championship game.:clap: :clap:

2-3 Studs, Thats quite an understatement. Gilmer has a team full of studs and Liberty Hill better be for real.

clemsmarina
12-10-2007, 01:01 PM
2-3 Studs, Thats quite an understatement. Gilmer has a team full of studs and Liberty Hill better be for real.

If Liberty Hill wasn't for real I don't think they would have won 23 games in a row, and be the Defending State Champions!!!

It's obvious both of these teams DESERVE to be here....

This game should be as good as last years Liberty Hill vs. Celina game.

Two high quality programs sharing the same goal!!!

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
As long as no one takes anything personal this should be a fun week! :devil: :D
Well that's no fun.

Liberty Hill, you're not really expecting to beat the Buckeyes, are you? Do yourself a favor and lower your expectations a bit. It'll dull the shock when you lose. 42-21 Final

And Gilmer, all your D-I players are gonna get knocked out of the game. What a bunch of panzies.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
If Liberty Hill wasn't for real I don't think they would have won 23 games in a row, and be the Defending State Champions!!!

It's obvious both of these teams DESERVE to be here....

This game should be as good as last years Liberty Hill vs. Celina game.

Two high quality programs sharing the same goal!!!
Good Post! This should be another classic. Gilmer seems to be making a habit of playing in these types of games lately.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
been thinkin' about this game a lot today... this is gunna be a good'n...

I don't see either of these teams winning in a blow-out...

#1 Gilmer would have to score 80 points for it to a blow-out

#2 Gilmer's offense is of the type that seems to give LH fits... pass and run VERY well, they're gunna score some points... LH's defense is gunna have to come up with atleast two big stops...

And honestly, I don't care what anyone says about Gilmer's defense, they will not be able to hold LH under 35... I know they've done it to other teams with successful offenses, but there is NO offense that'll prepare you to play LH's... talk about Gilmer's D1 players all you want, then tell me what you think of LH's oline at the end of the game... those guys are studs... no jab against Gilmer at all, just seems to be a theme with Gilmer's D1 players...

I'll still stand by my prediction of 42-35 LH... but that's just because I have to come up with some type of score, right?

I wouldn't be shocked to see it 48-42 Gilmer or something like that... just saying: barn-burner...

hold on to your seats...

TOPS1435
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Since we won our championship in 2004 against Jasper 49-47, we'll take 48-42 any day. Lock your seat beats! we are going to be in for a RIDE!!!

I just hope the weather does not play a role in all of this!!!!!!

Hill Man
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Since we won our championship in 2004 against Jasper 49-47, we'll take 48-42 any day. Lock your seat beats! we are going to be in for a RIDE!!!

I just hope the weather does not play a role in all of this!!!!!!

Extended forecast for Waco on Saturday says 59 degrees and Sunny... perfect football weather..
but this is Texas so any thing could happen to change that quickly between now and then...

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Looking at both teams roads to the finals. Gilmer has had a tougher road and has had to put up a fight the last couple of weeks. Liberty Hills road has been somewhat easy, partly because of how good they are, but it doesn't appear that they have had to played a true top ten opponent. Some teams are not affected by this and maybe it won't hurt LH, but if this game is a close physical battle, I'll take Gilmer because of the last two weeks.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
speed in the secondary doesnt do anything if they dont know where the ball is :)

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Well that's no fun.

Liberty Hill, you're not really expecting to beat the Buckeyes, are you? Do yourself a favor and lower your expectations a bit. It'll dull the shock when you lose. 42-21 Final

And Gilmer, all your D-I players are gonna get knocked out of the game. What a bunch of panzies.

This is by far the best post yet on this entire thread. Big Daddy, you are da man!!!:cool: :cool:

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Looking at both teams roads to the finals. Gilmer has had a tougher road and has had to put up a fight the last couple of weeks. Liberty Hills road has been somewhat easy, partly because of how good they are, but it doesn't appear that they have had to played a true top ten opponent. Some teams are not affected by this and maybe it won't hurt LH, but if this game is a close physical battle, I'll take Gilmer because of the last two weeks. Funny how just last week Gilmer hadn't played anyone and Wylie had the tougher schedule and now all of sudden Gilmer does?? LOL. :clap:

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
This is by far the best post yet on this entire thread. Big Daddy, you are da man!!!:cool: :cool:
I know, and I've accepted it. I just wish everyone else would accept it, too.

waterboy
12-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll have to agree with Texasfootball2 on this one. Abilene Wylie was the best team Gilmer faced all year, at least defensively. The Wylie defense earned that TD so, Pawdaddy, give credit where credit is due. The Wylie defense held Gilmer to its lowest yardage and point total in at least 2-3 years. That speaks enough to convince me that it wasn't a fluke. Hats off to a very good and classy program there in Abilene. The Wylie fans and players were the most classy people I've ever met from an opposing team. If I didn't still have a dog in the hunt I'd definitely be pulling for the Bulldogs.

Now, about this game. Talk about arrogant. Alot of people say the Buckeye fans are arrogant (of which there are some no doubt), but I think the Liberty Hill fans have them beat in the arrogance department by far. I, for one, know that the Panthers are a formidable opponent and the Buckeyes will have to play at the top of their game to have a chance to win this one. But in NO WAY do I think it will be easy for Liberty Hill to win this one. I don't blame the Liberty Hill fans for having confidence in their team. They are on a roll right now and have pretty much had their way with every team they've faced. A word of warning, though, this Gilmer team is not like any team you've faced thus far. You can't measure this Buckeye team by any statistical data. There is aura about this Gilmer team that I can't put my finger on. There is something special, almost magical, about this team in the way they carry themselves and play on the field. I think those who haven't seen them play, or haven't followed them, will see this firsthand in this game. All they've done is just win, and in my opinion they will win this Saturday. The margin of victory doesn't matter, but a win it'll be for the Buckeyes.

Go Buckeyes! Remember the D-A-S-H !
P.R.I.D.E.
"Offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Now, about this game. Talk about arrogant. Alot of people say the Buckeye fans are arrogant (of which there are some no doubt), but I think the Liberty Hill fans have them beat in the arrogance department by far. I, for one, know that the Panthers are a formidable opponent and the Buckeyes will have to play at the top of their game to have a chance to win this one. But in NO WAY do I think it will be easy for Liberty Hill to win this one. I don't blame the Liberty Hill fans for having confidence in their team.

I really don't think any of the LH fans (the ones that live there) think this is gonna be a cake walk! Where is this arrogance you speak of on this thread? I haven't seen anything very outlandish from either set of fans.

Just like you they believe in their team and will boast of their accomplishments to date, nothing wrong with that!

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I really don't think any of the LH fans (the ones that live there) think this is gonna be a cake walk! Where is this arrogance you speak of on this thread? I haven't seen anything very outlandish from either set of fans.

Just like you they believe in their team and will boast of their accomplishments to date, nothing wrong with that!
Rita, if I hadn't seen that arrogance last week, I wouldn't have started giving them hell in the LH/Pleasanton thread. I didn't have a dog in the fight until I read some of the posts.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
i agree with all of that waterboy, i can speak for the whole town when i say that no one in this town thinks that it is going to be a easy win. everyone of us is open to the fact that it is going to be a very, very tough game. And i feel you when it comes to the almost majical aura (spelling), last years LH team had that about them it seemed like. However this year, this group of guys take "machine" to a whole nother level, they go out and EXECUTE like you have never seen.

its going to be interesting for these 2 reasons: LH has not faced a offensive unit with this much proven fire power; Gilmer has a handful of speed that is going to be a challenge.

Gilmer has never seen the SLOT T. There is no other way around it, Gilmer is not going to know where the ball is. And that my friends is going to be a very funny occurance throughout the game.

LH has seen speed, Gilmer might claim that we havnt seen their speed, but speed is speed folks. But our slot T is unlike anything else, ADVANTAGE PANTHERS
:D

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Rita, if I hadn't seen that arrogance last week, I wouldn't have started giving them hell in the LH/Pleasanton thread. I didn't have a dog in the fight until I read some of the posts. Last week is in the past Russell. Join us in the now. Show me where IN THIS THREAD someone FROM LH has boasted about how easy this game would be.

I think I've read the whole thread, but who knows I might have missed something.

Maroon87
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
As long as no one takes anything personal this should be a fun week! :devil: :D

Since when has that ever happened?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll have to agree with Texasfootball2 on this one. Abilene Wylie was the best team Gilmer faced all year, at least defensively. The Wylie defense earned that TD so, Pawdaddy, give credit where credit is due. The Wylie defense held Gilmer to its lowest yardage and point total in at least 2-3 years. That speaks enough to convince me that it wasn't a fluke. Hats off to a very good and classy program there in Abilene. The Wylie fans and players were the most classy people I've ever met from an opposing team. If I didn't still have a dog in the hunt I'd definitely be pulling for the Bulldogs.

Now, about this game. Talk about arrogant. Alot of people say the Buckeye fans are arrogant (of which there are some no doubt), but I think the Liberty Hill fans have them beat in the arrogance department by far. I, for one, know that the Panthers are a formidable opponent and the Buckeyes will have to play at the top of their game to have a chance to win this one. But in NO WAY do I think it will be easy for Liberty Hill to win this one. I don't blame the Liberty Hill fans for having confidence in their team. They are on a roll right now and have pretty much had their way with every team they've faced. A word of warning, though, this Gilmer team is not like any team you've face thus far. You can't measure this Buckeye team by any statistical data. There is aura about this Gilmer team that I can't put my finger on. There is something special, almost magical, about this team in the way they carry themselves and play on the field. I think those who haven't seen them play, or haven't followed them, will see this firsthand in this game. All they've done is just win, and in my opinion they will win this Saturday. The margin of victory doesn't matter, but a win it'll be for the Buckeyes.

P.R.I.D.E.
I certainly can appreciate this well informed post. For months any true LH fan has seen something special about OUR boys, but alas, it is apparent we were wrong. :( It seems that Gilmer has the lock on special. :weeping:

Now, when you have some spare time, could you come up with a good speech for me to give my son regarding why he has no chance Saturday? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
this game is going to be easy....

there ya go P4S :)

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Last week is in the past Russell. Join us in the now. Show me where IN THIS THREAD someone FROM LH has boasted about how easy this game would be.

I think I've read the whole thread, but who knows I might have missed something.

It didn't disappear over the weekend, and my nude cage match partner is even getting in on the act.

Originally posted by rundoe
Theres no hype. Ain't gonna happen. Back to back State Champs.
They are peaking at exactly the right time. Each game is better than the last. LH wins this one.
That's not to say it was everyone. Seems like some of the chumps from Gilmer are coming out of the woodworks, too, but I've been on the board with the majority of these Gilmer fans to know that most of the hype lumped on them comes from outside the community. Always has been, so I've never stopped rooting for the Buckeyes.

clemsmarina
12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Rita, if I hadn't seen that arrogance last week, I wouldn't have started giving them hell in the LH/Pleasanton thread. I didn't have a dog in the fight until I read some of the posts.

:rolleyes: chh, please!

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
:rolleyes: chh, please!
Is chhh a word? Just curious.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
this game is going to be easy....

there ya go P4S :)
:foul: Great! Now I have to clean my keyboard. :p

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
:weeping:
Now, when you have some spare time, could you come up with a good speech for me to give my son regarding why he has no chance Saturday? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Just hit copy and read verbatim:

Son, I know it hurts but you will still remember this as one of the best times in your entire life. There are hundreds of schools and thousands of Texas football players you would give a lung to be in your place and accomplished what you and your teammates have accomplished. Now, let's go get a pizza.:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 02:33 PM

Son, I know it hurts but you will still remember this as one of the best times in your entire life. There are hundreds of schools and thousands of Texas football players you would give a lung to be in your place and accomplished what you and your teammates have accomplished. Now, let's go get a pizza.:clap: :clap:
A pizza? :eek: :eek: Ohhhhhhh, a pizza for HIM. I get it now. :D

clemsmarina
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Is chhh a word? Just curious.

When it comes to your useless fodder of trying to stir things up it is...

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
A pizza? :eek: :eek: Ohhhhhhh, a pizza for HIM. I get it now. :D

LHPMom, tell me your boy ain't that slow.:)

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
It didn't disappear over the weekend, and my nude cage match partner is even getting in on the act.

That's not to say it was everyone. Seems like some of the chumps from Gilmer are coming out of the woodworks, too, but I've been on the board with the majority of these Gilmer fans to know that most of the hype lumped on them comes from outside the community. Always has been, so I've never stopped rooting for the Buckeyes.

I've hyped the Buckeyes & Panthers. I'm an equal opportuniy hpyer :D Since you've been talking so much you should really come and watch so it isn't all talk! :p :p :inlove:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
or it could be: "son, i know it going to be very hard to swallow....gold or silver? i know your 2006 ring is silver, but gold would definitly look good now that you have won the 2007 ring"
:doh:

pirate4state

I guess you had that on stand by after last year's loss to LE! Nice!! :clap: :thumbsup: :D :D

big daddy russ
When it comes to your useless fodder of trying to stir things up it is...
Wow, chhh and fodder used in sentences within ten posts of one another. My vocabulary is expanding as we speak.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I guess you had that on stand by after last year's loss to LE! Nice!! :clap: :thumbsup: :D :D

That is all I remember from the six weeks of counseling I got after the game. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
That is all I remember from the six weeks of counseling I got after the game. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: ROFL! :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
LHPMom, tell me your boy ain't that slow.:)
Yeah, he is. Poor thing. I feel bad for him, and his fellow guys on the line. It's a wonder any of our backs ever break 50 yards/game. :dispntd: :dispntd: Now I'm starting to get depressed. :helpme: :bigcry:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
so im guessing you have already scueduled him again for therapy right pawdaddy? ;)

losing when you are that close is gotta be tough :D

clemsmarina
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow, chhh and fodder used in sentences within ten posts of one another. My vocabulary is expanding as we speak.

I'm glad I've been of assistance to someone.

Now like I've said the last two weeks, what does it matter what fans come on a message board and say? Isn't that what these boards are for?

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
so im guessing you have already scueduled him again for therapy right pawdaddy? ;)

losing when you are that close is gotta be tough :D

You misunderstand. The counseling was for me.:crying:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:50 PM
oh i know, i was saying that you have already called HIM to let him know you are going to need it bc you know LH is going to win :D im completly messing with you by the way, im really not that arrogant.

waterboy
12-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I certainly can appreciate this well informed post. For months any true LH fan has seen something special about OUR boys, but alas, it is apparent we were wrong. :( It seems that Gilmer has the lock on special. :weeping:

That seems to be what all the LH fans are saying.....y'all have a lock on this game.....y'all are a machine......Gilmer will not be able to stop us..... Talk about arrogant! This post is a prime example. I know your Panthers are special. You won't get an argument from me there, the proof is there, i.e. 23 game win streak, defending state champ, etc. No, Gilmer doesn't have a lock on special, but neither does Liberty Hill. I'm just as confident about the Buckeyes chances as you are the Panthers chances. Let's leave it at that. After Saturday I think you'll see what I'm saying, win or lose.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, he is. Poor thing. I feel bad for him, and his fellow guys on the line. It's a wonder any of our backs ever break 50 yards/game. :dispntd: :dispntd: Now I'm starting to get depressed. :helpme: :bigcry:

Lineman are not supposed to cry, ever. Leave that to the pretty boys at QB and WR.:D

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
are you still playing pawdaddy?

and if you know waterboy, tell him to take his meds and calm down :p

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
That seems to be what all the LH fans are saying.....y'all have a lock on this game.....y'all are a machine......Gilmer will not be able to stop us..... Talk about arrogant! This post is a prime example. I know your Panthers are special. You won't get an argument from me there, the proof is there, i.e. 23 game win streak, defending state champ, etc. No, Gilmer doesn't have a lock on special, but neither does Liberty Hill. I'm just as confident about the Buckeyes chances as you are the Panthers chances. Let's leave it at that. After Saturday I think you'll see what I'm saying, win or lose.

where in that post did she say we have a lock on the game? in fact, where has anyone from LH said we have a lock on the game?:thinking:

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
That seems to be what all the LH fans are saying.....y'all have a lock on this game.....y'all are a machine......Gilmer will not be able to stop us..... Talk about arrogant! This post is a prime example. I know your Panthers are special. You won't get an argument from me there, the proof is there, i.e. 23 game win streak, defending state champ, etc. No, Gilmer doesn't have a lock on special, but neither does Liberty Hill. I'm just as confident about the Buckeyes chances as you are the Panthers chances. Let's leave it at that. After Saturday I think you'll see what I'm saying, win or lose. You must be reading stuff over on Smoaky.com.

I think you need to lighten up a little bit and just go with the flow. You'll feel better!

Let's get one thing straight though, the LH machine is well OILED! :D You make it sound like it's just an ordinary machine, not so my friend! OIL makes it that much smoother! :cool:

And so you don't get upset - Gilmer's offense is VERY, VERY GOOD too!! :kiss:

Pawdaddy
oh i know, i was saying that you have already called HIM to let him know you are going to need it bc you know LH is going to win :D im completly messing with you by the way, im really not that arrogant.

Now you tell me. And I already took a Xanax and stole three of my father-in-laws blood pressure pills.:eek: :eek:

lostaussie
well, I thought it was gonna be nicer than Snyder/Celina, but now I don't know :doh:

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
are you still playing pawdaddy?

Playing what?

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
well, I thought it was gonna be nicer than Snyder/Celina, but now I don't know :doh: awwwww, i'm just having some fun :D

clemsmarina
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM

You need to quit trying to read between the lines, because no Liberty Hill fan has said we have a lock on this game. We definitley feel like we are watching a well oiled machine, but don't you feel like you are watching the same with Gilmer? Does that make you arrogant? No, it makes you a fan!

After the game Saturday, you'll know exactly why we feel the way we do....

waterboy
12-10-2007, 03:04 PM

I'm still here....just took my last 2 Xanax.....I'm calm now :D
If I fall aslee.....................

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 03:08 PM
You must be reading stuff over on Smoaky.com.

That reminds me..... :devil: :devil: ;)

DaHop72
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
well, I thought it was gonna be nicer than Snyder/Celina, but now I don't know :doh: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 03:16 PM

Now, about this game. Talk about arrogant. Alot of people say the Buckeye fans are arrogant (of which there are some no doubt), but I think the Liberty Hill fans have them beat in the arrogance department by far. I, for one, know that the Panthers are a formidable opponent and the Buckeyes will have to play at the top of their game to have a chance to win this one. But in NO WAY do I think it will be easy for Liberty Hill to win this one. I don't blame the Liberty Hill fans for having confidence in their team. They are on a roll right now and have pretty much had their way with every team they've faced. A word of warning, though, this Gilmer team is not like any team you've faced thus far. You can't measure this Buckeye team by any statistical data. There is aura about this Gilmer team that I can't put my finger on. There is something special, almost magical, about this team in the way they carry themselves and play on the field. I think those who haven't seen them play, or haven't followed them, will see this firsthand in this game. All they've done is just win, and in my opinion they will win this Saturday. The margin of victory doesn't matter, but a win it'll be for the Buckeyes.

P.R.I.D.E.

Excuse me waterboy but when have the fans from Liberty Hill said this game was going to be a cake walk. I don’t think you can find one. We know ya’ll are great, great, great but if you expect us to just roll over to your greatness it is just not going to happen. If you call that arrogant then so be it.

And FYI your little spill about special magical aura of the Buckeyes isn’t arrogant then I don’t know what is. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

OldBison75
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
TO ALL GLILMER POSTER'S and FANS!!!!

I can tell you from watching Liberty Hill play Navasota that they have a very efficient offense that will pound the ball right at you. There are no tricks, no magic, and no frills-just good athletes that work together and believe they are unstoppable. The LH defense is the quickest, best pursuing, and disciplined I have seen this year. I have not seen Gilmer this year, but know that they have an excellent program that consistently produces winners. I base my predictions on what I believe I know-Liberty Hill will score at least 35 points on anybody. Gilmer is capable of scoring at least that also. I believe the outcome will depend on Gilmer being able to make the big play on offense. I think Liberty Hill may give away a few big plays because of the agressiveness of the defense. In the end, ball control will probably decide the outcome. I predict LH by 35-31. Just an opinion!

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
or it could be: "son, i know it going to be very hard to swallow....gold or silver? i know your 2006 ring is silver, but gold would definitly look good now that you have won the 2007 ring"
:doh:

Isn't silver second place???

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Isn't silver second place???

What was the score last Saturday Pawdaddy?

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
What was the score last Saturday Pawdaddy?

Why do I think you already know?:thinking: :thinking:

Stownhorse
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Why do I think you already know?:thinking: :thinking:

Well you were too confident your prediction. You could have been pretty close if it was any other reg. 1 team but Wylie always comes to play especially when they are the underdog.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Well you were too confident your prediction. You could have been pretty close if it was any other reg. 1 team but Wylie always comes to play especially when they are the underdog.

They were/are a VERY good team, well coached, well prepared and have the heart of a lion. If you are not confident you are not prepared to play and if you are not prepared to play, how can you be confident? Yeah, I love watching the Buckeyes and have watched them long enough, I am confident in their abilities against any team or scheme. As a friend of mine once said, "When it comes to opponents for Gilmer, any team, any time, any place!":cheerl:

Hill Man
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I see from a picture that the Buckeyes dress out in black and orange for home... What is the color of the visiting uniforms?

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I see from a picture that the Buckeyes dress out in black and orange for home... What is the color of the visiting uniforms?

I think they are all white, trim is black. Could be wrong, I'm sure someone else will clarify.

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 04:57 PM

http://assets.matchbin.com/sites/140/assets/web1121stop.gif

I think these are it against TLE.

big daddy russ
12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Now this is what I like to see. Carry on.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
http://assets.matchbin.com/sites/140/assets/web1121stop.gif

I think these are it against TLE.

Yeah, that is correct. I would prefer the black but we have not lost in the white either.:clap:

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Glad to hear it. It is rare indeed to see a LH player on both side of the ball.

LHPantherfanII
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Except Rockdale. ;)

They had to come from behind and beat us. We only lost by 12 :)
Rockdale was a hard game, we definitely were not expecting Rockdale to be as great as they were. We were impressed!! We will be ready for it next year. :clap:

Hill Man
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
playing a team with orange as part of the uniform color.... 4pm on a December Saturday at Floyd Casy stadium.....ummm.. Sounds like dejavu all over again......

icu812
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I've seen both and both teams should be able to score points on each others D. Gilmer won't stop LH very often and LH won't be able to stay with Gilmer's recievers (and unlike Carthage they can catch the ball). It will be interesting to see if any of Gilmer's big boys on the o-line play both ways. Should be a close game which could go either way.

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
playing a team with orange as part of the uniform color.... 4pm on a December Saturday at Floyd Casy stadium.....ummm.. Sounds like dejavu all over again......

That’s what I’m talking about. I smell Panther victory in the air.

I’m so pumped I don’t know if I will make it to Saturday.

firstcat
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

That was my sentiment exactly!!
Playing in our house....remember, we won our Area Game there last year too!
Wearing our Home colors...we've never lost a Playoff game in Purple!
Saturday in December!!! and looking into the face of a very formidable orange opponent....

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS ONLY MONDAY!!!!!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I aint gonna read 14 pages of this thread, though I would like to know what Buckeye80 thinks about this one.

RKTech
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
My prediction is 14-14 at the half and LH pulls away in the second half to 35-21 final.

I see LH line up every week against teams who are bigger on the line. I have watched this Slot T offense for years and still, like many Panther fans, lose the ball every now and then... I don't think size advantage matters against their offensive scheme. You can't afford to rush to where you think the ball is and thats why they get long sustained drives consistently - and break some for big gains...and none of the backs will go down in open field until you have 3 guys pulling him down.

I do believe that Gilmer has a GREAT passing offense. From what I have heard.. The problem is that when you pass, 3 things can happen and two of them aren't good. No one has really tested the LH secondary this year besides Cuero - maybe I am missing somebody though. And last week the secondary picked off a pass against Pleasanton early..and gave Salinas fits in the backfield.. While the second team gave up a deep pass with 4 secs, I don't think the defense got burned enough times to matter, even if there were some dropped balls that could have gone for scores. I see the secondary getting better and better the deeper they go into the playoffs, just like they did last year. And they will be on the Gilmer receivers so tight they might as well be wearing their jersies...

I do not believe Gilmer will have any success running the ball unless they start making big pass plays work first. And there is a good chance there will be some kind of weather issue that will not help a passing offense either.

I think that once LH fine tunes their coverage of the Gilmer pass routes at the half, there will be some big stops and possibly some interceptions. I also think Lattimore and Marlo will be disruptive enough in the backfield to cause some rushed throws and some sacks... more so as the game progresses.

In the second half the LH offense will just plod along in "boring" fashion as they always do... one dimensionally - up the field.. and eat the clock up in the 4th.. Gilmer will try a desparation come back like they have done in the past few games, but it will come up short... their passing efforts will be hurried and out of sync... more sacks and interceptions as time winds down.

Trick plays? LH saw them all last year against Celina.. don't think there will be very much success with them in this game.. either way...

Gilmer's only chance is to step out in front of LH on the score board early and be able to play at a relaxed pace.. If they can execute their passing game with no mistakes, that is.. cause they wont run it well on LH.

just my opinion... I still respect the Gilmer fans and team.. but this is my (admittedly)"Homer" prediction..

rundoe
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Why is there a secret to winning the game based on how many D1 recruits a team has?

There's not.

rundoe
12-10-2007, 07:49 PM
LH 41
Gilmer 28

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Nanny349pm/3b87-1.jpg

Back To Back State Champs!!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Nanny349pm/3b87-1.jpg
THUNDERSTRUCK TWICE!!
See Ya Saturday!!
Nuff Said!!!!

lostaussie
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
please have some kindness for us that live in the WOODS and get those stupid a$$ pictures off that locked up my puter!!!!

Haunta Yo
12-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by RKTech
The problem is that when you pass, 3 things can happen and two of them aren't good...

Ever seen a 3rd and 42 converted because of pass interference?

LHPfactory
12-10-2007, 09:22 PM

Was it all a dream in 2006, this sounds awful familiar...........

one dimensional teams will not win, hahaha,

LH is not one dimensional, Walker calls for sweeps sometimes. Might as well just stack the box.....that will stop em right, after all they havent played anyone (Celina we feel your pain)

The only true statement in that quote is the second part of the last sentence....their offensive line is unbelievable........for 4 full quarters, they get better in the fourth. ;)

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
My prediction is 14-14 at the half and LH pulls away in the second half to 35-21 final.

I see LH line up every week against teams who are bigger on the line. I have watched this Slot T offense for years and still, like many Panther fans, lose the ball every now and then... I don't think size advantage matters against their offensive scheme. You can't afford to rush to where you think the ball is and thats why they get long sustained drives consistently - and break some for big gains...and none of the backs will go down in open field until you have 3 guys pulling him down.

I do believe that Gilmer has a GREAT passing offense. From what I have heard.. The problem is that when you pass, 3 things can happen and two of them aren't good. No one has really tested the LH secondary this year besides Cuero - maybe I am missing somebody though. And last week the secondary picked off a pass against Pleasanton early..and gave Salinas fits in the backfield.. While the second team gave up a deep pass with 4 secs, I don't think the defense got burned enough times to matter, even if there were some dropped balls that could have gone for scores. I see the secondary getting better and better the deeper they go into the playoffs, just like they did last year. And they will be on the Gilmer receivers so tight they might as well be wearing their jersies...

I do not believe Gilmer will have any success running the ball unless they start making big pass plays work first. And there is a good chance there will be some kind of weather issue that will not help a passing offense either.

I think that once LH fine tunes their coverage of the Gilmer pass routes at the half, there will be some big stops and possibly some interceptions. I also think Lattimore and Marlo will be disruptive enough in the backfield to cause some rushed throws and some sacks... more so as the game progresses.

In the second half the LH offense will just plod along in "boring" fashion as they always do... one dimensionally - up the field.. and eat the clock up in the 4th.. Gilmer will try a desparation come back like they have done in the past few games, but it will come up short... their passing efforts will be hurried and out of sync... more sacks and interceptions as time winds down.

Trick plays? LH saw them all last year against Celina.. don't think there will be very much success with them in this game.. either way...

Gilmer's only chance is to step out in front of LH on the score board early and be able to play at a relaxed pace.. If they can execute their passing game with no mistakes, that is.. cause they wont run it well on LH.

just my opinion... I still respect the Gilmer fans and team.. but this is my (admittedly)"Homer" prediction..

I think your thinking of Gilmer of old...yes they still have a good pass offense, but IMO the Big OL and the running game is where Gilmer is the most dangerous on offense..they basically have went smash mouth O in the play-offs and Johnson has about 700 so far in the play-offs on the ground

Basically this year, Gilmer sets the pass up with the run more than they have in the past.

Hill Man
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I think your thinking of Gilmer of old...yes they still have a good pass offense, but IMO the Big OL and the running game is where Gilmer is the most dangerous on offense..they basically have went smash mouth O in the play-offs and Johnson has about 700 so far in the play-offs on the ground

Basically this year, Gilmer sets the pass up with the run more than they have in the past.

LH will set up the run by............ steping on the field...

Don't have playoff stats but for the year thru the playoffs
Gonzales (Gonzo) 2139 yds, Allman 1629 yds, Gavin 677 yds, Troxell 464 yds, Lattimore 462 yds, then six more with 176 yds.
5605 yds and 77 tds

Throws the ball when it counts the most - 607 yds and just 16 completions --- 8 TDs

Panther One
12-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Gilmer's strength on offense is their offensive line. That is the only thing that sets them apart from teams like Carthage and Navasota. They have an athletic QB who can run or throw, a couple of good receivers to throw it to, and a good running back. Johnson isn't any better than Pratt from Navasota. He just has better blocking. The Buckeyes have relied on the run to carry them through the playoffs, but they still toss it around some, too, which has also hurt them at times.

I think one slight advantage that we have coming into this game is that we have seen similar types of offenses with similar types of players. Gilmer, on the other hand, has not faced anything like our slot-T. We'll be in a defense very similar to what we've been doing all year. Gilmer will be doing something entirely new. In a game that is going to be decided with defense, that could play a huge role. How good will their defensive gameplan be and how well will their players execute it?

Because of their O-line, Gilmer will be the best offensive team we've faced since Cuero, so they are going to move the ball and score points. I do feel, however, that we have faced better defenses, so I fully expect to continue to roll up the yards and the points. There's a lot that could impact the final score, but I'll go ahead and throw out my prediction.

LH 42, Gilmer 28

rundoe
12-11-2007, 08:30 AM
please have some kindness for us that live in the WOODS and get those stupid a$$ pictures off that locked up my puter!!!!

since you asked nicely , uh, no

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
boards pretty slow :(

tdsteele
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I can't make a prediction on the outcome as both teams are very evenly matched. However, Panther, if you think the Johnson kid is not any better than the RB from Navasota, you would be mistaken.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
i do think that athletic ability wise, Pratt is very close to Johnson. However Navasotas line was horrible, Gilmers is the polar opposite of that. So thus, Panther One isnt too far off the ball when he says that Johnson has amazing number due to his combined, obvious athletic skills and his great line. no one can argue with that i dont think?

tdsteele
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM
The Johnson kid could play behind any line. While their line is excellent, that kid is a special special case of raw power and speed. While not as speedy as A. Peterson, he has every bit of his power, and AP did not play behind a great line at Palestine.

Runnin Panther
12-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Just want to get the morning started off right.

Inspired by the words of the Great AC/DC Thunderstruck

The Buckeyes will be caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder, can you hear it)

They will know there is no turning back (Thunder, can you see it)
Their minds will race
And wonder what can they do (Thunder, can touch it)
Then they’ll know
There was no help for them, no one can save them because they will have been THUNDERSTRUCK

Sounds of the Panthers
Beatin' in their hearts
The thunder they fear
We’ll tear them apart
And they will know they have been THUNDERSTRUCK

Buckeyes shakin' at the knees
Crying for someone to help them “please”.
But the Panthers are not kind
And they will know they have been THUNDERSTRUCK
Yeah yeah yeah, THUNDERSTRUCK

Oh, THUNDERSTRUCK
Yeah

Buckeyes shakin' at the knees
Crying for someone to help them “please”.

THUNDERSTRUCK, THUNDERSTRUCK
Yeah yeah yeah, THUNDERSTRUCK
THUNDERSTRUCK, yeah, yeah, yeah

Panthers will be sayin yeah, it's alright
We're doing fine
Yeah, it's alright
We're doing fine
So fine

THUNDERSTRUCK, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Tunderstruck, THUNDERSTRUCK, THUNDERSTRUCK
Whoa baby, baby, THUNDERSTRUCK
You've been THUNDERSTRUCK, THUNDERSTRUCK
THUNDERSTRUCK, THUNDERSTRUCK
You've been THUNDERSTRUCK

ENOUGH SAID!

RKTech
12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Ever seen a 3rd and 42 converted because of pass interference?

good point.. but how do you get 3rd and 42 in the first place.. not by running the ball I don't think.... those are some major sacks.. so maybe we just added a couple more bad things that can happen and one good thing.. pass interference can go both ways, and huge losses in sacks.. I stand corrected!

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I think the Buckeyes are more into sort of a combination of hiphop and country-western at this point instead of heavy metal.

I remember three years ago with Manuel Johnson in which he said he was a country music fan. I just about fell on the floor when I read it.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2007, 10:03 AM
yeah we are definitly all heavy metal and a little good ole country

RKTech
12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Something is not adding up here.. I know logic has no place on these message boards.. but, I hear some on the board claiming that Gilmer's strength is the O Line and a running offense..

If that is the case, would it not stand to reason that this would bode for a more 'ball control', get out ahead early, style of offense..similar to LH? I mean if there O line is so dominant over their competition thru the playoffs, why were they having to come from behind so much?

Were their 'comebacks' achieved with long slow ground attacks? I have not seen any of their games so I don't know, thats why I am asking.. All I have seen is the box scores here and there..

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
How many years has Jerry Vance been the head coach at Liberty Hill?

Where was he before that? Just curious.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2007, 10:32 AM
How many years has Jerry Vance been the head coach at Liberty Hill?

Where was he before that? Just curious.
He came the spring of 2001. He came here from San Marcos, spent some time at Gregory-Portland, and a few other places.

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks.

Traylor, for anyone who didn't know, came BACK to Gilmer (where he grew up) in spring 2000 from Jacksonville and had previously been at Big Sandy. Gilmer was his first head coaching job.

In J'ville, he mentored the somewhat famous McCown brothers, one of whom beat Texas as A&M QB in 1999 right after the bonfire collapse. His name was Randy.

I know Josh McCown is now at Tampa Bay. And Luke McCown may be in the NFL also. I've lost track of him.

icu812
12-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Gilmer's strength on offense is their offensive line. That is the only thing that sets them apart from teams like Carthage and Navasota.

Carthage RB's and recievers are not even close to being as good as Gilmer's. Not to mention the spread offense is new to Carthage and Gilmer is very good at it. With that said LH could still win the game but Gilmer is going to put up some points.

8HR
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Is Johnson injured or hurting? He didn't look as quick and aggressive in the Wylie game as I've seen in the past. For those of you at the game what are your thoughts?

Is Gilmer healthy going into this game?

This should be a great one!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
12-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 8HR
Is Johnson injured or hurting? He didn't look as quick and aggressive in the Wylie game as I've seen in the past. For those of you at the game what are your thoughts?

Is Gilmer healthy going into this game?

This should be a great one!!!!!!!!!

I don't know for sure, but I think Wylie was just that good defensively against him! He got "lit up" a few times! :eek:

tdsteele
12-11-2007, 11:16 AM
He has had an ankle and hip problem all year. However, it was not really a factor. Wylie's LBs were just that good. He still got 111 against a dang good D.

pirate4state
12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Something is not adding up here.. I know logic has no place on these message boards.. but, I hear some on the board claiming that Gilmer's strength is the O Line and a running offense..

If that is the case, would it not stand to reason that this would bode for a more 'ball control', get out ahead early, style of offense..similar to LH? I mean if there O line is so dominant over their competition thru the playoffs, why were they having to come from behind so much?

Were their 'comebacks' achieved with long slow ground attacks? I have not seen any of their games so I don't know, thats why I am asking.. All I have seen is the box scores here and there..

I think their strength is that they have the talent/option to go to a running offense. They do very well passing the ball and have a nice balanced offense and that big O-line helps ALOT!

That's the reason I really think it might not be that high scoring of a game if they go to "ball control" too. I think LH defense is AS GOOD or BETTER than the Wylie defense. If Gilmer gets behind they can go to the air - not saying it'll work, but it is an option for them.

Against Roosevelt they just kept trading TDs and defensive holds, it was an awesome game and Gilmer just caught a break towards the end.

Against Wylie they had less than 2 minutes to try and win the game or they were heading to OT. If I remember right Wylie dropped back to avoid the "big play" pass and the QB burned them (on the ground) for like 30 yards to get across the 50. A few run plays that didn't amount to much yardage and then the screen pass to Harris to score the winning TD. Just good execution I guess. :D

I know this is so cliche, but this game WILL come down to whoever can capitalize on the other's mistakes. For some reason, I feel special teams will be HUGE in the outcome. :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Take to Velt game

The Offense moved at will on Velt, but a mistake on a KO led to a safety, Velt scored on the drive, so 9 points right there put Gilmer behind

YET Gilmer still used the ground game to move on Velt and get back in the game

Gilmer has 2500 yards thru air for season.But DOUBLE that on the ground

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Gilmer has 2500 yards thru air for season.But DOUBLE that on the ground
7500 yards??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

tdsteele
12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
That was a little stretch...not quite 7500 yards.

Here is the real stats:

first downs 273
passing 2,574
rushing 4,033
Total offense 6,607 yards

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
whoops..meant to say ALMOST Double my bad lol

Hill Man
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by tdsteele
That was a little stretch...not quite 7500 yards.

Here is the real stats:

first downs 273
passing 2,574
rushing 4,033
Total offense 6,607 yards

Lets break this down - Gilmer has 6607 yds after 14 games, avg rounded to 474 yds per game.
LH has 6212 yards after 13 games (only had 9 regular season games), avg rounded at 478 yds per game..

Now that is as close a match up as you can get....

firstcat
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM

RK - this is an excellent post, and I truly believe it is accurate to the last letter.

UPanIN
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
i do think that athletic ability wise, Pratt is very close to Johnson. However Navasotas line was horrible, Gilmers is the polar opposite of that. So thus, Panther One isnt too far off the ball when he says that Johnson has amazing number due to his combined, obvious athletic skills and his great line. no one can argue with that i dont think?

:thinking: Then given the OL of a Gilmer or Liberty Hill... Pratt would be the best RB in 3A.:D :thumbsup:

footballgal
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow! what a game this will be! Go Panthers!

TOPS1435
12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
RKTech wrote

Gilmer has a tendency to vary their offense to fit what the opponent will allow. For three years, 2004-2006, we employed a spread offense in the style of South Lake Carrol and Ennis almost exclusively. Then last year two things happened.

(1) we graduated two senior quarterbacks: G.J. Kinne, formerly of Canton, and Jamal Kennedy, the quarterback who went against him in the 61-58 Canton-Gilmer shootout of 2005.

(2) When we fell behind Liberty-Eylau in 2006, and in one series needed to play smash mouth to get the ball across, the spread offense was not what was needed.

Therefore, this year, while winning handily for 10 games with the spread, the Buckeyes were practicing every Monday a 2-back, 2-te formation for power running. That formation was unveiled against L-E this year and helped up eat up 7 of the last 8 minutes of the game with a game-clinching TD that put us ahead 41-26.

Last week, when we had 34 seconds left before overtime, the coach decided to see if he could score and went with a quarterback draw and a screen to stay under the radar of Wylie's prevent defense.

That's part of what makes Gilmer football so interesting to our fans. We never know which rabbit the coach is going to pull out of the hat next!!!!

Hill Man
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
RKTech wrote

Gilmer has a tendency to vary their offense to fit what the opponent will allow. For three years, 2004-2006, we employed a spread offense in the style of South Lake Carrol and Ennis almost exclusively. Then last year two things happened.

(1) we graduated two senior quarterbacks: G.J. Kinne, formerly of Canton, and Jamal Kennedy, the quarterback who went against him in the 61-58 Canton-Gilmer shootout of 2005.

(2) When we fell behind Liberty-Eylau in 2006, and in one series needed to play smash mouth to get the ball across, the spread offense was not what was needed.

Therefore, this year, while winning handily for 10 games with the spread, the Buckeyes were practicing every Monday a 2-back, 2-te formation for power running. That formation was unveiled against L-E this year and helped up eat up 7 of the last 8 minutes of the game with a game-clinching TD that put us ahead 41-26.

Last week, when we had 34 seconds left before overtime, the coach decided to see if he could score and went with a quarterback draw and a screen to stay under the radar of Wylie's prevent defense.

That's part of what makes Gilmer football so interesting to our fans. We never know which rabbit the coach is going to pull out of the hat next!!!!

LH uses 4 rabbits out of the hat.. the trick is finding the one with the ball ::D :D :D