PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 28 Abilene Wylie 21

Buckeye1980
12-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Let me be the first to say grat Wylie on a great season, you have a lot of class...Go Buckeyes

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Good job Wylie. Definately the only and best team in region I! It showed tonight what you are made up and those kids need to keep their heads up. Many wrote them off before the game started.

lakers
12-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Definitely a great season for Wylie....

I would say there is only 2 good teams from each region, those who win the region, Divison 1 and Divison 2 reps.

Congrats Gilmer:clap: :clap:

Hill Man
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
where will Gilmer want to play next week?
Right now LH leads 21-0 at the half.

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
head Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco has already been designated Hill Man

Buckeye80
12-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow! I will be the first one to eat crow, because I predicted a blow-out. Wylie should have won this one. What a group of gutsy, balls to the wall kids y'all have. I'll admit that I severely underestimated the Wylie kids. Nobody, self included, gave y'all a chance in Hell of winning this one, and had it not been for some balls bouncing the other way, y'all would have. Congrats on a great season. I am humbled.

We live on. HANG ON TO THE BALL BUCKEYES!!! YOU'RE KILLING YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!

bomogo
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
The Wylie Team has nothing to be ashamed of. They fought hard to the end. What a GREAT Season... Go Bulldogs. To the Gilmer Team...Great Job. This team has class and talent to boot. May the Buckeyes reign victorious next week!

YamTown
12-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Congratulations Buckeyes, and good game Wylie! Both teams played their hearts out. A few mistakes and untimely penalties by both teams, so this could have gone either way. I have been reading 3A DL for years, but just decided to get an account. I like the reasonably balanced discussions, and the not so mean spirited smack talk. I look forward to making sensible contributions, and supporting my alma mater (Gilmer 1980).

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by YamTown
Congratulations Buckeyes, and good game Wylie! Both teams played their hearts out. A few mistakes and untimely penalties by both teams, so this could have gone either way. I have been reading 3A DL for years, but just decided to get an account. I like the reasonably balanced discussions, and the not so mean spirited smack talk. I look forward to making sensible contributions, and supporting my alma mater (Gilmer 1980). dude/dudette great first post! :clap:

YamTown
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks Blue....and it's "dude".

lakers
12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dude/dudette great first post! :clap:

Wow ur bein nice to the new kids...;) :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Wow ur bein nice to the new kids...;) :clap: :clap: Well it was a great first post and didn't come here and make an ass of himself. If you notice I only do it to the fans that are delusional ;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Wow! I will be the first one to eat crow, because I predicted a blow-out. Wylie should have won this one. What a group of gutsy, balls to the wall kids y'all have. I'll admit that I severely underestimated the Wylie kids. Nobody, self included, gave y'all a chance in Hell of winning this one, and had it not been for some balls bouncing the other way, y'all would have. Congrats on a great season. I am humbled.

Great post:clap: Wylie is my second home team but they had a great season and they'll be right back to the semis next year!

WylieBulldog87
12-08-2007, 11:49 PM
That was one of the best games I have seen in a long time. I have to give congrats to Gilmer. You guys showed a bunch of class at the end of the game. I wish you guys the best of luck and I will be pulling for you to beat LH.

I must say I thought we had this game won. We shut you guys down the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We had all the momentum, even after you scored to tie the game at 21. When we were down at the 2 yard line with 2:22 to go in the game I Just knew it was the Bulldogs year. Then we miss a field goal and you guys give us the ball back at the 30 yardline. I wasn't even thinking you guys were going to pull out the imaginable.

You did it when it counted the most. Great Job.

Wylie played a balls-out game. They have many great players and they play well as a team.

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
what?

a thread with no negative, attacking posts?

YamTown
12-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Good post Bulldog87......

CharlesRixey....I also live in NVa, but it appears that we are different sides when it comes to our Texas teams.

WylieBulldog87
12-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by YamTown
Good post Bulldog87......

CharlesRixey....I also live in NVa, but it appears that we are different sides when it comes to our Texas teams. Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I am still in awe of this game. It was awesome. If you weren't there, you missed probably the best game of state playoffs yet.

Scrambler
12-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Congratulations to the Buckeyes for the win, and to the Bulldogs who left it all on the field.

This game and both teams lived up to all the pre game hype!

markp08
12-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Thanks for the nice reply Buckeye80. I was at the game tonight and it was one of the best I've been to. The crowd was awesome. The teams were class! The teams both had great coaching and great athletes. WOW what a game it was. You're right Wylie had their chances and just didn't capitalize when they had to against a very good team. Congratulations to the Gilmer Buckeyes. I wouldn't want to be in your district the next two years with Godfrey at QB. What a future star!

Go lay one on LH next week so we'll feel better! Best of luck.

markp08
12-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Scrambler
Congratulations to the Buckeyes for the win, and to the Bulldogs who left it all on the field.

This game and both teams lived up to all the pre game hype!

DITTO!!!

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
what?

a thread with no negative, attacking posts? not any need for it. both teams played like champions. this game was a classic and could have went either way. my hat goes off to the WYLIE BULLDOGS. your program, your coaches and most of all, your kids are first class:clap::clap::clap::clap:

dirtydan
12-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Let me be the first to say grat Wylie on a great season, you have a lot of class...Go Buckeyes

yeh great season; tho the bulldog had more bark than bite.

blowfish
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Although we fell a little short tonight I have no regrets. Our guys played their hearts out and but for a few mistakes we play one more week. Gilmer has a great team and my hats off to all of them. We scored 21 unanswered points but those guys never gave up. I would have bet my house they would have folded just like everyone else we played.

Although it was hard to watch my 18 year old senior play his last football game I want to thank Coach Sandifer and Coach Lang as well as all of the other coaches. These guys taught our kids how to be men and what it takes to be successfull. Our kids will take those things with them the rest of their lives.

Good Luck to Gilmer and i hope they win state.

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 01:45 AM
First off, gobble gobble, where is my crow?

Many people wrote off the Abilene Wylie Bulldogs, RIeditor > 34-14, for example, but I hammered it all week that them boys from Wylie find a way no matter who their opponent is especially in the playoffs. My hat goes off to Gilmer on great game. Both teams had their share of mistakes in this game. Gilmer had a chance to drive and go ahead with about 4 min. left and choked with an int. Then Wylie had a chance to shut the door with 2 min. left but couldnt execute and choked. Then Gilmer stayed poised and drove the field. QB for Gilmer has a bright future ahead of him, only a sophomore but showed me alot, he showed some big-game inexperience but pulled through. Hat goes off to Wylie for proving alot of people wrong about them. Excellent coaching staff Wylie has, as you can see when they came out gunning in the 3rd. Great game and was glad I drove that far to watch.

garciap77
12-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Just got back from the game! Great game! Both teams played their hearts out! I was impressed with Gilmer sportsmanship! It has been a long time since I’ve seen that type of sportsmanship! Saw several Gilmer players help Wylie players up after plays. Best team we played this season! Congrats and good luck in the state game.:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-09-2007, 02:11 AM

Congrats Buckeye80! You team rocks! My support for you in the state game!

Just got back from the game! Great game! Both teams played their hearts out! I was impressed with Gilmer sportsmanship! It has been a long time since I’ve seen that type of sportsmanship! Saw several Gilmer players help Wylie players up after plays. Best team we played this season! Congrats and good luck in the state game.:clap: :clap: :clap:

slingshot
12-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Congrats Gilmer! You have a very talented and very gutsy team... and great fans! Nice folks, talked with several before the game and after. Wish you guys the best and hope you win it all next week. I'm still very proud of our 'Dawgs--they were not intimidated at all by the Gilmer squad... they did respect their physical abilities but played with them toe to toe. What a game! Some serious, old-fashioned head knocking went on out there tonight---let no one tell you that you haven't been in any tough games now! I definitely think ya'll are ready for Liberty Hill!

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Congrats Buckeye80! You team rocks! My support for you in the state game!

Good post, it nice seeing good sportsmanship like Argyle for instance..they were the nicest ppl ive ever been around

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:01 PM
It was a very nice game, ditto everything said, I'm still trying not to cry my eyeballs out right now:crying: :crying: :crying:

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
It was a very nice game, ditto everything said, I'm still trying not to cry my eyeballs out right now:crying: :crying: :crying: no need for that. you guys have everything to hold your heads up about.............btw, were you a player? i didn't know if that was your number or maybe what year you graduated.

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Great game!! :clap: :clap:

My hats off to Wylie yall played a hell of a game. I thought when Gilmer went up 14-0 that it would get real ugly, real quick, but ya'll didn't let it phase ya'll and ya'll just kept coming!! :thumbsup: :clap: Very impressed with the speed of your defense in containing JJ and keeping him from getting that corner most of the night! Coverage on Tumenillo was EXCELLENT!! Just played with alot of guts & heart and made believers out of me.

Congrats once again to the Buckeyes for a great game and great win!! I've been on your side the last 3 weeks, but this week I gotta go with my girls and LH. I still love ya though and as long as I watch a good game, I'll be happy with the outcome! :)

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
no need for that. you guys have everything to hold your heads up about.............btw, were you a player? i didn't know if that was your number or maybe what year you graduated.
I was on JV, but my back and neck are so messed up it's kinda like being a senior I guess?

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
KRBC just showed this game on TV....what a game. Wylie played great and have nothing to hang their heads about. Had I not known the score before watching, I would have thought Wylie was going to win. Before the game, I did not give Wylie a chance....but it turned out to be a good one that could have gone either way. Congrats to the Bulldogs on a great season.

Adidas410s
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
How many guys is Wylie returning next year? Somebody mentioned they'll return a good # of starters. Who is going to be the next QB? Jackson Minor?

thewyliefan
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
i would imagine jackson would be. but ive heard some good things about the soph. qb. i dont remember his name, i think the last name is preston, matt preston maybe?

Stownhorse
12-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
i would imagine jackson would be. but ive heard some good things about the soph. qb. i dont remember his name, i think the last name is preston, matt preston maybe?

I thought Wallace was a Junior?

blowfish
12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Matt Preston should probably get the nod. I dont think you can go wrong with him

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Good job Wylie. Definately the only and best team in region I! It showed tonight what you are made up and those kids need to keep their heads up. Many wrote them off before the game started.

Wylie is definately a contender. And they always will be.

Good job Wylie!

thewyliefan
12-09-2007, 06:38 PM
no wallace is a senior. the big time guys i guess you would say that wylie is losing would be wallace, magee, rogers, and from gaurd to gaurd on the oline (parsons, massey, selbey)

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 06:45 PM
how many guys did ya'll suit up last night. the numbers are incredible. had too be a hundred!!!!!!

markp08
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
how many guys did ya'll suit up last night. the numbers are incredible. had too be a hundred!!!!!!

Between 90-100 for sure.

I've already posted my remarks on this game, but I can't stop thinking about it. What a game. I think this one will stick in my mind for years to come as a classic. This game opitimized for me what Texas High School Football is all about. Two communities strongly behind their kids...supporting two great teams with tons and tons of class and respect for their opponents.

I was confident in Wylie being able to play with Gilmer before the game. I wasn't aware though, that Gilmer was so big and athletic until pregame warm ups. After seeing Gilmer play, I was even more proud of Wylie and their heart. Just a great exhibition overall. I'm proud of both teams for displaying discipline and class in both victory and defeat. I wish Gilmer nothing but the best next week. We'll be rooting for you!

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Matt Preston should be the starter next year, at least that is what everyone expects, you never know though.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Wow! What a difference in the end of the Roosevelt game and the end of this one. DR would still be trying to find something to fight. Wylie showed the poise, class, and discipline of a champion, even in the wake of the turnaround in that last minute. They also had the largest fan base that had sat on the opposite side of the field against Gilmer all year. It was a smash mouth game that really could have gone either way. I know that the type of heart Wylie exhibited can only help Gilmer prepare for LH. It is not supposed to be easy in the playoffs! Somebody tell LH we are coming.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Good Post Pawdaddy! I think you hit on something. Sat. nights game can only help the Buckeyes. I don't think Liberty Hill has been in a war yet, and I think the Buckeyes can honestly say they have been battle tested. Great Job, Good Luck! There was a lot of class displayed last Sat. I think that there will be a lot of class this Sat. also. I would be shocked if Liberty Hill wasn't classy.:D