PDA

View Full Version : Class 3A Division II State Semifinal(Gotw): China Spring (13-1) vs. Cuero (12-2)

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
China Spring is the surprise here, but they definately earned it with a 31-28 win over Waco La Vega, revenge for their only loss of the season

6:00 pm, Saturday, 12/15, Burger Stadium, Austin

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 08:46 PM
maybe we can merge?

headhunter
12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I agree and this should be an exciting game to watch

I dont know much about China Spring but i belive they are a passing team which ought to make this a fun game for the fans

JJ7997
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I say China Spring wins this one, they are on a roll. If you like watching a team chunk the rock then you'll like watching CS, reminds of Texas Tech.

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
definately two very good semifinal matchups coming up

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
I say China Spring wins this one, they are on a roll. If you like watching a team chunk the rock then you'll like watching CS, reminds of Texas Tech.

really? i don't know a lot about CS, but i think this will be quite close

interesting to see both defenses hold, since both offenses are pretty darn good

i think Cuero has a better defense though; China Spring will have to limit their mistakes

this seems to be a fairly evenly matched game

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 09:57 PM
ttt

pending sticky (and perhaps a merge?)

(with the cs/cuero thread?

headhunter
12-08-2007, 10:03 PM
does anyone have the stats for these two teams

also does cs throw almost every play or do they like to run some to. I know they have some good recievers but how good is their D, what kind of D do they run

IHStangFan
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I like CS in this one.

buff4ever
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I took cuero in the poll, but don't know why exactly. I am torn.

China Spring's only loss is to the team they beat in the quarter finals. That being La Vega, the team that i thought would go all the way after beating WOS and giddings being out of it!:D

This should really be a great game, I still think I will take cuero by 3 though.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-08-2007, 11:48 PM
I hate to say it but I think it will be 35-28 China Spring

Ranger Mom
12-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
ttt

pending sticky (and perhaps a merge?)

(with the cs/cuero thread?

Not gonna merge it....too much "sinceless" crap on that other one!!!

LOL!! Anyone that has read it will know what I mean by "sinceless"!!:D

lakers
12-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I like China Springs in this one...

OlSargCW
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I think it will be a great game. I wish I had the chance to see it in person. I think after last year though Cuero has something to prove! Go Mean Green leave it all on the field!!

headhunter
12-09-2007, 12:32 AM
lets hear some reasons why yall think china spring or cuero will win

anyone have the stats and some exciting info about these two teams

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Dustin Eskew and Mike Hicks are really good and the CS defense is stout it could be a great game

TexanFan4Life
12-09-2007, 03:39 AM
I'll take Cuero in a 2 TD game. China Spring played tough against La Vega and has had a great season, but Cuero and Whittington will prove to be too much. Cuero's offense is clicking on all cylinders, and I don't see the CS defense doing much to stop them.

Gobbler Fan
12-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Brice Cherry: Final China Spring drive keeps title dreams alive

Sunday, December 09, 2007

It was the kind of drive that championships are made of.

For 41 minutes, the China Spring Cougars played with a fire and tenacity that matched the magnitude of the game itself. Then, when it mattered most, the Cougars’ inner drive — “Heart and effort,” senior quarterback Dustin Eskew called it — personified itself in a game-winning scoring drive.
CENTEX SHOWDOWN

Heck, it may have been a state title-winning scoring drive. The way the Cougars moved downfield to claim an epic 31-28 win over District 17-3A rival La Vega in Saturday’s regional final, there’s no reason why China Spring can’t keep on marching all the way to the biggest trophy of them all.

Yes, folks, they were that good.

The Cougars remain two wins away from that most ultimate of endings, with Cuero on tap in the state semifinals next week and a possible state final matchup against perennial power Celina looming beyond that. But in my mind, by beating La Vega on Saturday, China Spring has suddenly — and emphatically — gone from district-rematch underdog to state championship favorite.

Beating a team like La Vega will do that. Remember, the Pirates entered the game with a 13-0 record, including a 42-13 win over China Spring in the 17-3A opener back on Oct. 12. “La Vega’s the best team I’ve ever played against,” Eskew said following the game.

But it wasn’t the win alone that has the Cougars sailing above the clouds, where state championship dreams are formed.

It was the way they did it.

Trailing 28-24 with the ball at their own 20 and 7:17 remaining on the clock, China Spring put together a drive for the ages. With Eskew channeling a high-school version of John Elway or Joe Montana, the Cougars advanced downfield in yardage chunks both small and large. Eskew connected on seven straight passes on the drive.

Then, for a moment, the Cougars retreated. La Vega stopped Mike Hicks for a five-yard loss, then a low snap off the turf forced Eskew into a rushed incomplete pass.

But just when the door appeared to be slamming shut on his team, Eskew stepped in its path and forced it open.

On third-and-goal from the La Vega 9-yard line, the quarterback dropped back to pass and began to scramble to the sideline as the blitzing Pirate defense converged. When he finally ran out of room, he cut upfield toward the end zone, leaping at the 2-yard line and stretching the ball across the pylon.

Elway himself couldn’t have done it any better.

Following the score, Eskew sprinted all the way back up the home sideline, some 60 yards, as if nothing and no one could ever stop him and his team.

And he very well may be right.

Eventually, long after the stadium had cleared out, the China Spring players boarded a bus and headed home, filled with the comfort that only one oh-so-sweet reality can bring:

They will drive again.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/stories/2007/12/09/12092007wacbricecol.html

Plenty of pics and stories about CS

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/index.html

Could not find any stat's .

State Championship Favorite ?? ...yeah we shall see :thinking:

Old Green
12-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
does anyone have the stats for these two teams

also does cs throw almost every play or do they like to run some to. I know they have some good recievers but how good is their D, what kind of D do they run Here's Cuero Stats thru 14 games.
Cuero Offense- 6177 yds. -441.2 YPG - 646 points - 46.1 per game
rushing - 3740 yards - 267 ypg
passing - 200 att. - 148 comp. - 0 int. - 2437 yds. - 26 tds.

Tyler Arndt - 179 att. - 142 comp. - 0 int. - 2292 yds - 24 tds. - 69 % completions

Rushing
Quincey Whittington - 181 att. - 1759 yds. - 25 tds.
Stephon Hargrove - 75 att. - 711 yds. - 10 tds.
David Williams - 44 att. - 351 yds. - 5 tds.

Recieving
Robert Armstrong - 52 rec. - 968 yds. - 18 yd avg. - 8 tds.
Q. Whittington - 38 rec. - 720 yds - 5 tds.
Kaeron Johnson - 17 rec. - 315 yds. - 7 tds.

Defense
points allowed - 219 points - 15.6 per game
yrds allowed per game 208 yds

zebrablue2
12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
when and where will the game be played??

Old Green
12-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not gonna merge it....too much "sinceless" crap on that other one!!!

LOL!! Anyone that has read it will know what I mean by "sinceless"!!:D That's why I didn't merge it;) :D

Old Green
12-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
when and where will the game be played??
Burger Stadium in Austin
Saturday @ 6:00 pm

HM33
12-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm picking Cuero in this one by 5. I think this will be Cuero's first big challenge in the playoffs. They have to keep it together and hold tight.

wannabgobbler08
12-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I like CS in this one.

YOUR WRONG LITTLE BUDDY

crabman
12-09-2007, 12:34 PM
In 1993 Cuero advanced to the state title game with a sophomore quarterback (Clint Finley) only to get beat by Southlake Carrol. In 1998 Cuero advanced to the state fnal with a sophomore quarterback (Andrew Heard) only to get beat by Aledo. 2004 was an exception. We had a senior quarterback (Matthew Schumacher). Abilene Wylie clipped us that year. This year we have a sophomore quarterback (Tyler Arndt). Who knows?

I was noticing that China spring puts up numbers in the 30's even when they win. Cuero puts up numbers in the 40's to 50's when they win. I will take Cuero 45-38.

Then we will see if the Cuero state final curse is for real against Snyder. Yeah, I said it. Snyder. You have to pick an upset somewhere along the way.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 12:39 PM
The Cuero Title game curse wont be broken this year, because if they beat CS we know they'll be gobbled up by the Monster known as Celina. :D

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by crabman
In 1993 Cuero advanced to the state title game with a sophomore quarterback (Clint Finley) only to get beat by Southlake Carrol. In 1998 Cuero advanced to the state fnal with a sophomore quarterback (Andrew Heard) only to get beat by Aledo. 2004 was an exception. We had a senior quarterback (Matthew Schumacher). Abilene Wylie clipped us that year. This year we have a sophomore quarterback (Tyler Arndt). Who knows?

I was noticing that China spring puts up numbers in the 30's even when they win. Cuero puts up numbers in the 40's to 50's when they win. I will take Cuero 45-38.

Then we will see if the Cuero state final curse is for real against Snyder. Yeah, I said it. Snyder. You have to pick an upset somewhere along the way. no offence but its easy to get in the 40s and 50s when you play Cueros district and playoff comepetiton or lack there of

Ranger Mom
12-09-2007, 12:55 PM
The Cuero Title game curse wont be broken this year, because if they beat CS we know they'll be gobbled up by the Monster known as Celina. :D

Hey!! That was exactly what I heard last year when that monster played Liberty Hill!!!!:eek: :D

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey!! That was exactly what I heard last year when that monster played Liberty Hill!!!!:eek: :D

I know you arent comparing Cuero to Liberty Hill are you ? Thats Apples and Oranges, my friend. Actually LH is Apples and Cuero is rotten tomatos. :D

Highschoolfan78
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
no offence but its easy to get in the 40s and 50s when you play Cueros district and playoff comepetiton or lack there of

a district where all 3 teams went 3 rounds deep?

headhunter
12-09-2007, 01:10 PM
You better let Celina take care of business against Snyder, Coach Bob Shipley on FSSW already had La Vega in the state game, look what happened.

One week at a time. Cuero will concentrate on China Spring and worry about Celina/Snyder next week.

every team is beatable on any given night, cant take anything for granted

pirate4state
12-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Burger Stadium in Austin
Saturday @ 6:00 pm

:( :( :(

Why oh why couldn't they play on Friday night??

:weeping:

I'll take Cuero by 10 :thumbsup:

DrBob
12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I know you arent comparing Cuero to Liberty Hill are you ? Thats Apples and Oranges, my friend. Actually LH is Apples and Cuero is rotten tomatos. :D

And how many semi or finals game has your team played in?

eagles_victory
12-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
a district where all 3 teams went 3 rounds deep? Region 4

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 02:05 PM
no offence but its easy to get in the 40s and 50s when you play Cueros district and playoff comepetiton or lack there of

now EV - what was the only district in 3A to have all 3 teams playing last weekend?

formermbcouns
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I went to the CS and LaVega game and was greatly surprised to see the CS defense play as good as it did against a potent running offense.

I still give the edge in this one to Cuero but I wouldn't be surprised if CS won. Cuero will definetly pass the ball more than LaVega did. We'll see how good CS defends the pass.

DrBob
12-09-2007, 02:50 PM

3 semi finals in 4 years not bad for a team that lost 32 seniors last year. This team has already gone deeper in the playoffs than anyone excepted. And no offense, but how long has Nachodoses been playing round ball?

Mean Green Fan
12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I pulled up CS stats from the Waco Newspaper.

TEAM STATISTICS
POINTS FOR POINTS AGAINST
430 215

PASSING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME COMP ATT YDS INT TD
15 Dustin Eskew 184 304 2947 6 29
Brian Bell 17 33 169 2 2
19 Mike Hicks 2 4 37 0 0
3 Taylor Higdon 1 1 21 0 -
TEAM TOTALS 204 342 3174 8 31

RUSHING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME ATT YDS TD LONG
15 Dustin Eskew 151 658 9 -
21 Jared Welch 117 635 9 25
19 Mike Hicks 59 576 8 -
9 Cody Fuller 13 249 2 -
3 Taylor Higdon 16 180 4 -
James French 1 19 - -
Justin Parra 6 15 - -
Jerome Lloyd 2 8 - -
Brian Bell 1 -2 - -
28 Boston Blake 4 -7 0 -
TEAM TOTALS 370 2331 32 25

RECEIVING STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME REC YDS TD
19 Mike Hicks 77 1239 12
3 Taylor Higdon 50 777 12
9 Cody Fuller 21 301 2
Reece Meador 11 184 2
James French 1 87 1
4 Bric Walls 7 75 0
21 Jared Welch 7 23 0
15 Dustin Eskew 1 21 -
28 Boston Blake 1 4 -
TEAM TOTALS 176 2711 29

KICKOFF RETURNS STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME RET YDS LONG TD
no stats available for this season

PUNT RETURNS STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME RET YDS LONG TD
no stats available for this season

DEFENSIVE STATISTICS
NUMBER | NAME TACKLE SACK REC
19 Mike Hicks 101 - -
16 Toby Williams 95 - -
18 Caleb McCaig 26 - -
80 Matt Frazier 15 - -
TEAM TOTALS 237 0 0

Mean Green Fan
12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Jerry"s picked Cuero by 10....

Im going with Cuero also. Cuero's pass defense will surely be tested but Cuero has intercepted alot of passes too.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DrBob
And how many semi or finals game has your team played in?

Well, my team won a title in 2000. When was the last time Cuero won one ? And no I'm not making comparisons on the team's histories.

DrBob
12-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Well, my team won a title in 2000. When was the last time Cuero won one ? And no I'm not making comparisons on the team's histories.

Didn't say anything about titles. I said semi's or finals. Read the question

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 04:31 PM

:clap: :clap: good for them, takes alot of talent, teamwork and determination to win a championship....... I have no idea who your team is, but since you brought it up - what have they done since? just curious if they were a "shot in the dark" winner or a consistent team in the competition?

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DrBob
Didn't say anything about titles. I said semi's or finals. Read the question

Anything short of winning titles is kinda irrelevent dont ya think ? Like I said I'm not even going to compare histories. I Think CS will beat Cuero and thats all I'm saying and CS is not even my team.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:clap: :clap: good for them, takes alot of talent, teamwork and determination to win a championship....... I have no idea who your team is, but since you brought it up - what have they done since? just curious if they were a "shot in the dark" winner or a consistent team in the competition?

Were quite a force when the program was ran like it should have been, but have been in a perpetual state of "rebuilding" since '04. Read what I wrote, I wasnt comparing the histories of Cuero and Gatesville, I simply said we won a title. I just dont remember the last time Cuero won one. Take it as you will, but I think your getting all defensive over nothing, cause I didnt insult Cuero at all.

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Were quite a force when the program was ran like it should have been, but have been in a perpetual state of "rebuilding" since '04. Read what I wrote, I wasnt comparing the histories of Cuero and Gatesville, I simply said we won a title. I just dont remember the last time Cuero won one. Take it as you will, but I think your getting all defensive over nothing, cause I didnt insult Cuero at all.

sounds like a slam to me, but what do I know....... anyway.. I am done with this...... on to other things :)

headhunter
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Anything short of winning titles is kinda irrelevent dont ya think ? Like I said I'm not even going to compare histories. I Think CS will beat Cuero and thats all I'm saying and CS is not even my team.

Why are you picking CS is it because you dont like cuero or do you have an educated reason for picking CS.

I am kind of in the dark about CS and love to hear info about them, that way I can make my prediction, I would think your kind of in the dark about cuero, but hey maybe you travel down to south texas and keep up with the gobblers

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Why are you picking CS is it because you dont like cuero or do you have an educated reason for picking CS.

I am kind of in the dark about CS and love to hear info about them, that way I can make my prediction, I would think your kind of in the dark about cuero, but hey maybe you travel down to south texas and keep up with the gobblers

I pick CS because they showed they can play with anybody. La Vega had the advantage in every category coming into that game. They had beaten an awesome WO-S team. Quality opposition was not a question for either team. CS lost a playmaker to injury and in comes Brick Walls from the defense and catches pass after pass. Eskew showed poise and pocket presence beyond anything expected at the high school level. Playing from behind didnt matter. Coach Bell has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve and will use them. I know about Cueros speed and explosiveness. I have seen La Vega firsthand and if Cuero is faster it cant be by much. CS defense isnt great and will give up points, but dont sleep when your on defense either, they are more than capable of striking quick with the passing attack they have and can make a large lead dissolve rather quickly. Thats just a few reasons that I think they can pull off the upset.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
This should be a close great matchup.

headhunter
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I also agree it will be close.

I think Cuero can pull this out but it comes down to who doesnt turn the ball over. Both Defenses will face probably the best offense this year. Momentum will be a big factor as well.

The best thing CS has is that they have won a close game and played a tough opponent, hey know what to expect game speed wise.

Still I am Cuero fan and belive they win if they dont turn the ball over.

High scoring game I predict

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:00 PM

I think Cuero can pull this out but it comes down to who doesnt turn the ball over. Both Defenses will face probably the best offense this year. Momentum will be a big factor as well.

The best thing CS has is that they have won a close game and played a tough opponent, hey know what to expect game speed wise.

Still I am Cuero fan and belive they win if they dont turn the ball over.

High scoring game I predict Two great QB's(probably best in the state) in this game. Mike Hicks is a stud for the CS offense. When I saw CS play their weakness was the defense and they are very succeptable to the counter and playaction pass off the counter.

headhunter
12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
From what i have head eskew is a bad A$$, and Arndt is pretty efficient himself, both will have to play their best to get a W.

The good thing Cuero has is they are pretty balanced, Not sure but I think CS mostly relys on the passing game.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
From what i have head eskew is a bad A$$, and Arndt is pretty efficient himself, both will have to play their best to get a W.

The good thing Cuero has is they are pretty balanced, Not sure but I think CS mostly relys on the passing game. They go from a spread to a power running game formation. Do a lot of tunnel tosses

headhunter
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
i noticed they dont have any running backs over 1000 yards.

They must share the wealth and not care so much about the run, I assume they go to the power run game when they get a lead late in the game.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:09 PM
i noticed they dont have any running backs over 1000 yards.

They must share the wealth and not care so much about the run, I assume they go to the power run game when they get a lead late in the game. Mike Hicks the fella I was telling you about has probably over 1000 yards receiving and around 500 yards or so rushing.

Yes and in certain situations depending on down and distance and what not.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Mike Hicks is a stud for the CS offense.

Thats an understatement.

Old Tiger
12-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Thats an understatement. Forgot he is a stud for the CS defense also and S/T's :doh: :doh: :nerd:

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Thats something I forgot about. Alot of CS stars play both ways and in a close game fatigue could become an issue. There you go advantage Cuero.

Gobbla2001
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't make a prediction on this game, but I have made some observations:

EV has probably not watched any region 4 teams play this year yet gives that as the excuse to why Cuero wins games by larger margins... but that's okay... has nothing to do with this game...

JJ must have missed the Cuero/Liberty Hill game, maybe even missed Gsquared's observations on the game... he was an unbiased viewer of that game and he'll let you know how good Cuero is when compared to LH... hell LH fans will let you know...

Gunna be a great game...

Gobbla2001
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I can't make a prediction on this game, but I have made some observations:

EV has probably not watched any region 4 teams play this year yet gives that as the excuse to why Cuero wins games by larger margins... but that's okay... has nothing to do with this game...

JJ must have missed the Cuero/Liberty Hill game, maybe even missed Gsquared's observations on the game... he was an unbiased viewer of that game and he'll let you know how good Cuero is when compared to LH... hell LH fans will let you know...

Gunna be a great game...

and add to it that out of all of the region 3 teams LH played this year Cuero was the only team that had a chance of taking a lead in the game in the 4th qt...

headhunter
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Thats something I forgot about. Alot of CS stars play both ways and in a close game fatigue could become an issue. There you go advantage Cuero.

No advantage - Cuero also has many going both ways

Good thing it will be a cool night

LHPfactory
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Cuero advances to their 11th title game. China Spring did a great job aganist WLV, but the Gobblers are just to much.

DII final will be Cuero vs Celina, and that is a toss up, Celina has a defense that will stop anyone (except LH), Cuero has the ability to strike like a snake. If you give Whittington a step you will watch him run to the endzone from anywhere on the field. Problem is Celina dosesnt give steps to anyone. Will be a good game.

JT44
12-09-2007, 10:01 PM

oh you mean a district that had 2 of 3 teams go 4 rounds deep and the other lose in OT, ya that's a lack of competition, and putting up 35 against LH, whatever

JT44
12-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No advantage - Cuero also has many going both ways

Good thing it will be a cool night

but does't cs qb go both ways, if so he will be busy on defense both defending the longball and making tackles.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JT44
but does't cs qb go both ways, if so he will be busy on defense both defending the longball and making tackles.
I'm not sure about Eskew, but I know Mike Hicks plays both.

JT44
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
okay, thought i read somewhere that either the person who scored the last td for cs also intercepted the lv pass to "end" the game, did not know if it was a qb or wr.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
okay, thought i read somewhere that either the person who scored the last td for cs also intercepted the lv pass to "end" the game, did not know if it was a qb or wr.
Could've been.....I need to look further. I know Eskew (QB) scored the last TD. I can't remember from last season if he played D or not, but he very well might.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Eskew does play both ways and did make the INT.

ProudHornetMom
12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Not only does Eskew play both ways, he runs the play in as well. I'd at least give him a break and let someone else run it in.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Eskew does play both ways and did make the INT.
Thanks!

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
oh you mean a district that had 2 of 3 teams go 4 rounds deep and the other lose in OT, ya that's a lack of competition, and putting up 35 against LH, whatever

I am sneaking this "non-football" post into this thread.....

Congrats JT44 on the new arrival ;)

mean_green
12-09-2007, 11:06 PM

Well if your from Gatesville, you outta root for the Gobblers. The head man, Coach Mark Reeve is from Gatesville if you didn't know.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by mean_green
Well if your from Gatesville, you outta root for the Gobblers. The head man, Coach Mark Reeve is from Gatesville if you didn't know.

Sure didnt know that, but thanks. I wish he would come back home then and straighten things out. The name didnt ring a bell, is he a young guy ? This may make me change allegiances in this one. :thinking: :devil: :devil:

mean_green
12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by mean_green

Nope, Coach Reeve is not a young guy. He's been coaching for 35 years or better. Coached almost every classification, 1A-5A From Frisco when it was just a little bitty town to Victoria, San Antonio Clark, Plano and now Cuero. Great coach!

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Sure didnt know that, but thanks. I wish he would come back home then and straighten things out. The name didnt ring a bell, is he a young guy ? This may make me change allegiances in this one. :thinking: :devil: :devil:

I am not 100% sure on when he would have graduated, but I would assume probably around 1971 or so.. I think his dad still lives in Gatesville.

JJ7997
12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, its settled I cant do anything but go for Cuero now. Go Gobblers !

pirate4state
12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Of course I'll be rooting for the Gobblers even though they haven't been very friendly to my Pirates!!! ;)

I really wish I could watch this game, but I'll settle for watching you guys next week.

GATA!!!

KingRob
12-10-2007, 03:46 AM
Gobblers will strike early and keep it going. Man I wish I could be there.:(

Cuero - 38
China Spring - 34

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't think Eskew plays both ways.

JT44
12-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I am sneaking this "non-football" post into this thread.....

Congrats JT44 on the new arrival ;)

thank you, I'm about to head out the door to bring baby and mom home.

:)

bebo24
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
is burger stadium turf or grass?

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by bebo24
is burger stadium turf or grass?

TexasBob says artificial turf

bebo24
12-10-2007, 11:57 AM
I keep searching for a Burger stadium in Austin and all i can find is a stadium with a grass surface. maybe i'm looking at the wrong one. if anybody can help me, i'm looking for directions there.

bebo24
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
ok, nevermind. its apparently newly surfaced. last year

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by bebo24
I keep searching for a Burger stadium in Austin and all i can find is a stadium with a grass surface. maybe i'm looking at the wrong one. if anybody can help me, i'm looking for directions there.

go to Gobblersports.com there is a map and directions on that site looks like it's easy to get to (famous last words lol)

or CLick Here - Burger Stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=2)

bebo24
12-10-2007, 12:25 PM
thank you

Daddy D 11
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
35-31 Cuero

Runnin Panther
12-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Taking Cuero by 14.

Looking forward to a Cuero - Celina match up.

MN95
12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
wish I could see this game. Sounds like it's going to be a good one. Nobody has mentioned it, but the stats at the beginning of this thread show the Cuero QB with no int's this year? And he's a sophomore? That's pretty good.

Too early for me to think about playing one of these teams as I expect Snyder to be our toughest game of the year. I hope we can contain their running back.

iknoweverything
12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
At the beggining of the year I was worried about the qb situation for Cuero. I had heard about how great a arm Tyler had and how good he could become but i was still worried about the experience factor and how he would handle the pressure. Going into the semi final game however there is no doubt this kid can handle it. I really enjoy watching him play the game. He seems very poised and confident every time i have seen him. My favorite part about him is how tough he is. The games i have seen he has taken some hits and it does not slow him down at all. Coach Reeve has also done a great job with him easing him into games by throwing short screens at first and letting him get some confidence. I believe Quincy and him just be too much to stop and they take this one in a very close and hard fought game.

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
At the beggining of the year I was worried about the qb situation for Cuero. I had heard about how great a arm Tyler had and how good he could become but i was still worried about the experience factor and how he would handle the pressure. Going into the semi final game however there is no doubt this kid can handle it. I really enjoy watching him play the game. He seems very poised and confident every time i have seen him. My favorite part about him is how tough he is. The games i have seen he has taken some hits and it does not slow him down at all. Coach Reeve has also done a great job with him easing him into games by throwing short screens at first and letting him get some confidence. I believe Quincy and him just be too much to stop and they take this one in a very close and hard fought game.

nice post Iknoweverything :clap:

GO MEAN GREEN

MN95
12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
just curious. What is Cuero/CS's enrollment and how many boys are out for football total, and on the varsity roster? Does anyone know? Thanks.

KingRob
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
DCTF has Cuero's enrollement at 704, and China Spring at 564. Not too sure about the number of players.

KingRob
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't think Eskew plays both ways.

CSISD's football roster has Eskew at QB/DB. Don't know if he actually plays DB.

44INAROW
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MN95
just curious. What is Cuero/CS's enrollment and how many boys are out for football total, and on the varsity roster? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Cuero's roster (original, not including Fresh and JV who were brought up) is 36 or so. (we lost 33 seniors to graduation :eek: ) Nice job of rebuilding!

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
CSISD's football roster has Eskew at QB/DB. Don't know if he actually plays DB. He may come in every now and then. CS usually does that for all their players.

eagles_victory
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
only play i saw eskew play db on was the last second prevent defense because he has good size he actually got an INT on the play

MN95
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Cuero's roster (original, not including Fresh and JV who were brought up) is 36 or so. (we lost 33 seniors to graduation :eek: ) Nice job of rebuilding!

That is a nice job. We will face something similar next year. Our current varsity roster has 42 I believe and 29 are seniors. Good skills positions returning though.

I was curious about Cuero since they seem to have a program similar to Celina. Our enrollment is about 430 I think and had 135 boys out for football. 2 freshmen teams, one jv, and varsity.

ensig
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Eskew is strictly a one way starter at qb.... yet, he does come in and play the extra db in nickel or prevent defenses

iknoweverything
12-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ensig
Eskew is strictly a one way starter at qb.... yet, he does come in and play the extra db in nickel or prevent defenses

so in other words....... hes not strictly a one way player

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 07:51 PM
so in other words....... hes not strictly a one way player jeez, you know everything! :D

ensig
12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
so in other words....... hes not strictly a one way player

I stated he was a one way STARTER, not one way player.... the only time he will come in at db is towards the end of the game/half (ie TO for dallas) so that china can have thier two best players,hicks and eskew, deep as the line of defense. seeing that cuero has more of a balanced offense than a spread em out run and gun offense, eskew shouldnt see much time on d except when defending a two-minute drill.

one a side note boutwell will play both ways at de and dt and hicks at s and slot reciever (more of a z position as he will line up at many different places on the field and go in motion anywhere in order to find a mismatch).

Gobbla2001
12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't like this:

Cuero's finals appearances

70s: 4
80s: 3
90s: 2
00s: 1?

countdown? just one?

gobbler grad
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm not sure about Eskew, but I know Mike Hicks plays both.

believe Eskew made the int. to end the game...pretty sure he was going both ways...:thinking:

Old Tiger
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
believe Eskew made the int. to end the game...pretty sure he was going both ways...:thinking: He came in for the prevent defense.

gobbler grad
12-10-2007, 08:25 PM
yeah, I read that earlier...thanks...

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Very nice! :clap: :clap: :)

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
My theory about this years Gobblers is thet relate very similar to last years Liberty Hill State Championship team. Not in their style of play but in the fact that last year cuero beat liberty hill and LH went on to win state. Liberty Hill was looked at as a good team but not everyone gave them the respect and after losing two regular season games kind of wrote them off as just a team who would make a run deep but not win it all. (Im not saying everyone i just think since they were not undefeated they may have not been taken quite as serious) I think it would be kind of unique if Cuero which lost twice this year once to LH goes on to win State. I made the comment the week Bay City beat Cuero that 14-2 will win a state championship just like 16-0 will.

I truly believe (like LH last year) Cuero is playing their best ball right now, their showing lots of emotion, lots of heart, and play very well as a team. Individualism doesn't seem to be a problem, The best thing is some of those kids may not even realize how big this situation their in and are just having fun.

I will have to Go with my Gobblers this week. I believe the first to 35 points wins this one. Hope I am right, Its time for Cuero to bring home a state title. Been to long

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 02:23 AM
My theory about this years Gobblers is thet relate very similar to last years Liberty Hill State Championship team. Not in their style of play but in the fact that last year cuero beat liberty hill and LH went on to win state. Liberty Hill was looked at as a good team but not everyone gave them the respect and after losing two regular season games kind of wrote them off as just a team who would make a run deep but not win it all. (Im not saying everyone i just think since they were not undefeated they may have not been taken quite as serious) I think it would be kind of unique if Cuero which lost twice this year once to LH goes on to win State. I made the comment the week Bay City beat Cuero that 14-2 will win a state championship just like 16-0 will.

I truly believe (like LH last year) Cuero is playing their best ball right now, their showing lots of emotion, lots of heart, and play very well as a team. Individualism doesn't seem to be a problem, The best thing is some of those kids may not even realize how big this situation their in and are just having fun.

I will have to Go with my Gobblers this week. I believe the first to 35 points wins this one. Hope I am right, Its time for Cuero to bring home a state title. Been to long

:clap: I agree with the 14-2 will win a state championship just like 16-0 will..

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:26 AM
do you stay on this all night

Go to bed

Go post something about will clay on the other board

Man i bet you wish u had some skills to brag about

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 02:29 AM
do you stay on this all night

Go to bed

Go post something about will clay on the other board

Man i bet you wish u had some skills to brag about

Man I was trying to give you a compliment and you have to start talking crap...:rolleyes: O yea....Cuero runs up the score.:D :D :mad: :rolleyes: :hand: :hand: :hand:

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Like I thought you really have no skills other than typing

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Like I thought you really have no skills other than typing

Dude, i'll own you.

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:35 AM
i just want to know if your tigers are going to take care of business this week so you can play the gobblers

I would love to see if you can get 30000000000 posts up next week.

heck i bet more than half of those 450+ posts on Snyders thread are from you

dont you have a life other than typing on your computer

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
i just want to know if your tigers are going to take care of business this week so you can play the gobblers

I would love to see if you can get 30000000000 posts up next week.

heck i bet more than half of those 450+ posts on Snyders thread are from you

dont you have a life other than typing on your computer

If you must know. Since saturday morning it had been cold and raining! Its been to nasty to do anything outside! Ill still own you chump!

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:41 AM
get girl friend go watch a movie or just stop posting on this thread, your just a bother

you wish you owned me, talking like that really shows your imaturity

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-11-2007, 02:46 AM
get girl friend go watch a movie or just stop posting on this thread, your just a bother

you wish you owned me, talking like that really shows your imaturity

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

headhunter
12-11-2007, 02:50 AM

wanted this to be the las post so no one has to read 325 bs, man that was a waste of time posting with him, lost about 10 min I can never get back, but am sure 325 will put the last post on this thread tonight

IHStangFan
12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
YOUR WRONG LITTLE BUDDY theres a 50% chance I might be....I'm not little...and I ain't your buddy :)

IHStangFan
12-11-2007, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by crabman

Then we will see if the Cuero state final curse is for real against Snyder. Yeah, I said it. Snyder. You have to pick an upset somewhere along the way. that's because the only two times Cuero faced a "good" opponent this year...they lost. Reg. IV is WEAK!! :D :D :D I couldn't resist. You know there are some that are thinking it.

IHStangFan
12-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Cuero advances to their 11th title game. China Spring did a great job aganist WLV, but the Gobblers are just to much.

DII final will be Cuero vs Celina, and that is a toss up, Celina has a defense that will stop anyone (except LH), Cuero has the ability to strike like a snake. If you give Whittington a step you will watch him run to the endzone from anywhere on the field. Problem is Celina dosesnt give steps to anyone. Will be a good game. I'm confused as to why everyone thinks Cuero is so much better than La Vega was this season....Cuero lost to a Bay City team that also played WOS...who...lost by a smaller margin to Bay City than Cuero..yet...La Vega beats WOS..and somehow Cuero is perceived as head and sholders above La Vega? It is my opinion that WOS would have beaten Cuero if that matchup were to have taken place somehow this season. so explain this one to me please how is it that Cuero is so much better than La Vega. I know that the whole team A/B/C thing holds little water...but I'm wondering what the whole Cuero being so much better than La Vega is based on.

iknoweverything
12-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Cuero lost to a Bay City team that also played WOS...who...lost by a smaller margin to Bay City than Cuero..yet...La Vega beats WOS..and somehow Cuero is perceived as head and sholders above La Vega?

WOW

Gontex
12-11-2007, 05:46 AM
When you are playing on this level, it definitely helps to have been there before. In my mind, that makes Cuero the favorite. Looks like a really good game from here though. Good luck to the Gobblers. Bring a state championship back to 29AAA.

DrBob
12-11-2007, 06:13 AM
I'm confused as to why everyone thinks Cuero is so much better than La Vega was this season....Cuero lost to a Bay City team that also played WOS...who...lost by a smaller margin to Bay City than Cuero..yet...La Vega beats WOS..and somehow Cuero is perceived as head and sholders above La Vega? It is my opinion that WOS would have beaten Cuero if that matchup were to have taken place somehow this season. so explain this one to me please how is it that Cuero is so much better than La Vega. I know that the whole team A/B/C thing holds little water...but I'm wondering what the whole Cuero being so much better than La Vega is based on.

Its a simple answer. Who's busting out the roundballs this week.

Old Tiger
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
This year China Spring reminds me of Robinson last year. Great QB and WR combo and peaking during the playoffs.

Gobbla2001
12-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm confused as to why everyone thinks Cuero is so much better than La Vega was this season....Cuero lost to a Bay City team that also played WOS...who...lost by a smaller margin to Bay City than Cuero..yet...La Vega beats WOS..and somehow Cuero is perceived as head and sholders above La Vega? It is my opinion that WOS would have beaten Cuero if that matchup were to have taken place somehow this season. so explain this one to me please how is it that Cuero is so much better than La Vega. I know that the whole team A/B/C thing holds little water...but I'm wondering what the whole Cuero being so much better than La Vega is based on.

lol, I'm confused as to where you saw someone saying Cuero was better than LV (the post you replied to had no mention of it)...

I don't think Cuero was better than LV, don't really think LV was better than Cuero either...

as for WO-S/Cuero... BC beat WO-S 15-12 and BC beat Cuero 29-21... how does one honestly guage WO-S the better team because of that? A better defense against Bay City's pass-only offense? Cuero runs a different offense... that's why you can't base it off of that... can't guage Cuero the better team because they scored more either...

I always have to go back to this, but here I go again...

1998:

Sealy 10 Cuero 3
Cuero 28 Industrial 7
Industrial 7 Sealy 6

2002:
Cuero over Yoakum
Yoakum over Gonzales
Gonzales 43 Cuero 14

you can tell that a team is good by who they beat, but you can't really say they'd beat team B because they beat some team worse than team B did or lost to that team by less than team B... that's erroneous ha

head to head match-ups with the two offenses vs. the two defenses is where it's at...

pirate4state
12-11-2007, 12:18 PM

You would have had to see 'em to understand why some people think Cuero would have beaten La Vega. As it stands, they don't have to beat La Vega - they have to beat China Spring and I think they can! GO GOBBLERS!

footballgal
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Don't know much about China Springs- Either way I am going with the Cuero Gobblers! :clap:

turkey_trot06
12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
:( Boo! I have to go to a stupid Christmas party - and the game is only 5 minutes from my apartment. I've been to every game this season, and I can't believe I have to miss one of the best games this year yet.

But you can guarantee that I'll be listening to it on the internet...sshhh don't tell anyone!

GO GOBBLERS GO!!

Sundance
12-12-2007, 12:11 AM

The only lack there of is the lack of experience your team had in making it to the playoffs.

Ture records are made not stated.

eagles_victory
12-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Sundance
The only lack there of is the lack of experience your team had in making it to the playoffs.

Ture records are made not stated. Lavega, Connally, and Robinson would beat anybody Cuero played in district or the playoffs. Those 3 teams were all in Chinas district.

TAMUGRAD
12-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Lavega, Connally, and Robinson would beat anybody Cuero played in district or the playoffs. Those 3 teams were all in Chinas district. boo hoo it's not fair (you left out that part)

Would a, could a, should a....

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Who's still playing ball? That's right six teams. All deserve to be were they are. I respect any team still playing at this point no matter what district or what region they are in. No one gets a free ride despite what you may think.

I've watched these boys work toward their goal since they were in the 7th grade. Truth is Cuero is in the Semi's whether you like it or not. And all your whining a about weak district (only district in 3A to have all three playoff teams go three rounds deep), or weak region isn't going to change it.

greenpride
12-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Lavega, Connally, and Robinson would beat anybody Cuero played in district or the playoffs. Those 3 teams were all in Chinas district.

Have you seen Cuero play????????????? If not, don't blow smoke! Cuero is as good as anybody left playing, no doubt about it. Come to the game Sat. night and watch some playoff football in December!!!!!

garciap77
12-12-2007, 08:43 AM
China Spring by 3!

Old Tiger
12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by greenpride
Have you seen Cuero play????????????? If not, don't blow smoke! Cuero is as good as anybody left playing, no doubt about it. Come to the game Sat. night and watch some playoff football in December!!!!! They are not as good as Gilmer or LH.

GreenMachine
12-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, I am back from pheasant hunting and needed to get in on the conversation. Have a friend who saw CS play this year in the playoffs. He said that Cuero owns the speed in this one big time. He said that CS is very disciplined and play smart football. He said that they dink and dunk it down the field, with an occasional long ball. If they throw the five yard passes and our corners play as far off the ball as they have done lately, they will eat us up. If our corners play tight, like they should with their speed, we will be okay. All in all, I'll take my Gobblers once again in a nailbiter...35-28. :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh, region 4 is weak, we could have beaten anybody Cuero has played, blah, blah blah...:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Oh, region 4 is weak, we could have beaten anybody Cuero has played, blah, blah blah...:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:
I'm throwing a self-pity party right now and would like to invite you and any of the Cuero faithful to join me. :helpme: :bigcry: :helpme: :bigcry: :helpme:

;)

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm throwing a self-pity party right now and would like to invite you and any of the Cuero faithful to join me. :helpme: :bigcry: :helpme: :bigcry: :helpme:

;)

I'll come as long as you are serving food.. I am starving :p ;) ;)

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I'll come as long as you are serving food.. I am starving :p ;) ;)
It's kind of chilly, so I was thinking of tomato soup and grilled cheese. :D (With a side-order of Kleenex..... :helpme: )

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
It's kind of chilly, so I was thinking of tomato soup and grilled cheese. :D (With a side-order of Kleenex..... :helpme: )

add some jalapenos and you've got a date :D

rooster
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Lavega, Connally, and Robinson would beat anybody Cuero played in district or the playoffs. Those 3 teams were all in Chinas district.

Your position is interesting in that it is irrelevant. The question is can China Spring beat Cuero. It doesn't matter what anyone else from Region III would do against anyone else from Region IV. I would point out that this is Cuero's 13th appearance in the semi-finals and their record against Region III is 10 wins and 2 losses in the previos 12 games. The losses being to Sealy in 1995 and to Hutto in 2005. As to the comment that Cuero is not as good as Liberty Hill or Gilmer, Gilmer will never know this year. Liberty Hill knows but would not want to play Cuero again as Cuero has won 2 of 3 from Liberty Hill the last three years. As in all games between quality opponets, it will come down to turnovers. China Spring will have to win the turnover battle to win the game. It could happen, but past history is not on their side as Cuero has only had eight turnovers in 14 games (8 fumbles and 0 interceptions) Good luck to both teams.

44INAROW
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by rooster
Your position is interesting in that it is irrelevant. The question is can China Spring beat Cuero. It doesn't matter what anyone else from Region III would do against anyone else from Region IV. I would point out that this is Cuero's 13th appearance in the semi-finals and their record against Region III is 10 wins and 2 losses in the previos 12 games. The losses being to Sealy in 1995 and to Hutto in 2005. As to the comment that Cuero is not as good as Liberty Hill or Gilmer, Gilmer will never know this year. Liberty Hill knows but would not want to play Cuero again as Cuero has won 2 of 3 from Liberty Hill the last three years. As in all games between quality opponets, it will come down to turnovers. China Spring will have to win the turnover battle to win the game. It could happen, but past history is not on their side as Cuero has only had eight turnovers in 14 games (8 fumbles and 0 interceptions) Good luck to both teams.
And with that - I will say
GO MEAN GREEN :)

rojosgirl
12-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Well said 44!:clap:

DrBob
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by rooster

2 of those turnovers were against Liberty Hill which turned into 14 points.Which by the way is what Cuero lost by

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM

You could be right.... but how are you SURE? Have you seen any of these teams from down here play? what is your basis? honestly? besides "region 4 is supposed to be weak so I am assuming that would be the case"?

Honestly, all La Vega showed me was hype... all Robinson has shown me is that they're hype... just because they made the state championship game last year means nothing THIS year... it's hype...

Cuero right now is hype... China Spring right now is hype... Snyder right now is hype... Celina right now is most-likely not hype, but it could be and we'll call it hype...

none of these teams have faced each other yet... I don't care what big names some team has beat or what small names other teams have beat... to everyone who hasn't seen them week to week they're big names because they "were" (and maybe still are), and they're small names because they "never have been"... a "name" doesn't make a team... you're saying "who in the hell is Palacios and Gonzales? I mean I know who La Vega and Robinson is" and all we're saying is "Who in the hell is Waco La Vega and China Spring?"... honestly, we didn't know either until China Spring right now...

You haven't seen anything down here and we haven't seen anything up there... all we know about 17-3A and 29-3A is that it's the semi's and only one team from each of those districts have made it this far, naturally... so as the other poster said it's irrelevant that you bring up such an uneducated assumption....

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Quote from Coach Reeve in the Cuero Record today:

Coach Reeve notes most of the 3A playoff talk has been about the teams north of Cuero with little mention of the Gobblers. He stated, "We should have our emotional juices flowing for this one."

that's why I love this year... we've received less hype than we have the past few years...

CueroDad2006
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Just like China Spring beat Rockdale by 3
Gonzales stomps Rockdale
and Cuero stomps Gonzales.

If you want to judge who has the best distric, Just show up Sat. at 6pm and we will ALL see.

trojan37
12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
If any of you have the Texas Football magazine laying around you might want to take a peek at it. Eskew is the returning pass leader in 3A, passing for 3,047 yards, and they lost in the 1st round. Hicks has been his go-to man last year and this year, and he also doubles as a running back. But Eskew can spread the wealth as he has a host of receivers who can catch the ball.

ensig
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Just like China Spring beat Rockdale by 3
Gonzales stomps Rockdale
and Cuero stomps Gonzales.

If you want to judge who has the best distric, Just show up Sat. at 6pm and we will ALL see.

this is also irrelevant. china "stomped" rockdale earlier in the year 43-18. in the playoffs, the 3 point win stems from it being tough to beat a team twice in the same year, just ask la vega that. in the game on sat, it doesnt matter what each of these teams have done up until this point. the fact of the matter is that the remaining 4 teams are the only ones that are left, and each is well-deserved and strong. quite frankly i dont see either of these being blowouts whehter it be due to weak opponents up until this point or not. should be a fun sat that comes down to the final minutes.

duckpluck
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I wish I could see this game. All the 3A games this week could be good ones.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
this is also irrelevant. china "stomped" rockdale earlier in the year 43-18. in the playoffs, the 3 point win stems from it being tough to beat a team twice in the same year, just ask la vega that. in the game on sat, it doesnt matter what each of these teams have done up until this point. the fact of the matter is that the remaining 4 teams are the only ones that are left, and each is well-deserved and strong. quite frankly i dont see either of these being blowouts whehter it be due to weak opponents up until this point or not. should be a fun sat that comes down to the final minutes.

good post :)

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
If any of you have the Texas Football magazine laying around you might want to take a peek at it. Eskew is the returning pass leader in 3A, passing for 3,047 yards, and they lost in the 1st round. Hicks has been his go-to man last year and this year, and he also doubles as a running back. But Eskew can spread the wealth as he has a host of receivers who can catch the ball.

why would we wanna look at last year's stats when this year's stats are on this thread? :p

trojan37
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
why would we wanna look at last year's stats when this year's stats are on this thread? :p

People are saying they don't know anything about China, and I just used last year's stats as a reference. If you truly follow 3A football, and not just your team, then you should know who this guy is, that's all.

Gobbla2001
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
People are saying they don't know anything about China, and I just used last year's stats as a reference. If you truly follow 3A football, and not just your team, then you should know who this guy is, that's all.

depends which region you are in as well... hearsay etc... I truely follow 3A football but I haven't kept up with all 180+ teams this year... there have been stories all over about different players from the different teams, offenses, defenses, coaches... Eskew is not a household name outside of that area really though he may be the best QB in the state... doesn't help not having any China Spring guys on here (or any that talk 'em up a lot)...

I sure do know a lot about Waco La Vega though... and Robinson... and Gilmer.... and Snyder... And Celina... and WO-S... and Giddings... and Royse City... and of course Cuero :D

crabman
12-12-2007, 08:56 PM
the 3 point win stems from it being tough to beat a team twice in the same year, just ask la vega that.

Cuero beat Palacios 51-20. Four touchdowns and a field goal. We turned around and faced them in the Regional Finals and beat them 42-14. That is only four touchdowns. I guess it really is harder to beat a team twice. :D

ensig
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
depends which region you are in as well... hearsay etc... I truely follow 3A football but I haven't kept up with all 180+ teams this year... Eskew is not a household name outside of that area really though he may be the best QB in the state...

in all honesty, unless you are a 4* or 5* recruit (like the gilmer kids, celina S, etc) then no name in 3a football is a household name.... 3a and smaller school "studs" are usually reserved their respective areas of the state b/c of the vast coverage of 4a and 5a players in the media.... as you stated, people just dont follow every 180+ teams in the smaller divisions, and that is why the playoffs are usually more unpredictable in the smaller classes

trojan37
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
depends which region you are in as well... hearsay etc... I truely follow 3A football but I haven't kept up with all 180+ teams this year... there have been stories all over about different players from the different teams, offenses, defenses, coaches... Eskew is not a household name outside of that area really though he may be the best QB in the state... doesn't help not having any China Spring guys on here (or any that talk 'em up a lot)...

I sure do know a lot about Waco La Vega though... and Robinson... and Gilmer.... and Snyder... And Celina... and WO-S... and Giddings... and Royse City... and of course Cuero :D

Let me rephrase myself, after all this is the 3adownlow! A lot of people don't hear about kids or teams we post about on here and that's fine. In my house, Texas Football is right next to the bible. When it comes out, I cover that magazine front to back and look at returning leaders in every category, district rankings, etc. You can make a pretty good assumption every year on who will make the playoffs, and by looking at past statistical leaders I start looking at the possible playoff matchups, and what kids will be playing in those games to see which ones will be the best. New kids surface every year that we don't hear or know about, but the yards that he threw for last year, I just figured more people on here had heard of him. It also helps that China is "just up th road" from me.:)

GreenMachine
12-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I saw that Hicks (19) is a safety. What positions are Williams (16) and McCraig (18)? It said that Hicks was the leading tackler? If your safety is the leading tackler, that is not good, because he will be seeing a lot more of Quincey than he would like to. Also, all of this talk about Eskew, and he is a good on obviously, but I wouldn't trade Tyler for all the Eskew's ;)

CueroDad2006
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Lets update both teams on heath? How many starters are out or banged up?
Anyone know?

trojan37
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Lets update both teams on heath? How many starters are out or banged up?
Anyone know?

This is being talked about in another thread. Hicks is supposed to be banged up from the LV game, but is stated that he will play. I don't know where the source is coming from.

CueroDad2006
12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
This is being talked about in another thread. Hicks is supposed to be banged up from the LV game, but is stated that he will play. I don't know where the source is coming from.
Thats what we heard down here as well.We all wish both teams were 100%, But at this time of year it hardly every works that way. Cuero will prob. be without there top WR as well. So both teams will be about the same heath wise.

gobbler grad
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Cuero's receiver will be good to go...slapped a little MO-JO on that ankle and now he's fine...:thinking: be good as new come Sat. nite...:p

CueroDad2006
12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Cuero's receiver will be good to go...slapped a little MO-JO on that ankle and now he's fine...:thinking: be good as new come Sat. nite...:p

Hope you are right. Will need him to help out on D to help cover all those WR's

LHPfactory
12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
China Spring is a good program with good kids and coach, but i see 42-21 Cuero

lynx_rufus
12-13-2007, 02:48 AM
I found this so so video of the CS vs. LV game on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i71L2aR0ISA

headhunter
12-13-2007, 03:18 AM
I just dont understand how anyone can say a certain region is weaker than the others. Every year you have teams get on a run and play beyond their expectations, every region has those teams that are always in the running, but how in the heck can someone compare an entire region to another, I dont think their is one individual out their that keeps up with high school football enough to answer which region is the strongest. There is not enough info on every team to understand what every team is all about.

The bottom line is it doesnt matter who you play or how much you win by, it only matters who comes out with the W and is playing next week.

I have to agree with coach Reeve comment about Cuero, compared to years past they were not really thought of as winning a state championship, I mean losing Noack at QB and replacing him with a sophomore was a big ? comming in to this season, also Whittington was hurt alot last year and I believe has proved to be an even better back than most thought he would be (pound for pound that kid is one of the hardest runners I have ever seen).

hey I get the point that their are alot of good teams out there, however those "OTHER" teams did not get the job done and will have to watch the rest of the season from their couch. As it stand CHINA SPRING & CUERO DESERVE TO BE WHERE THEY ARE YOU CANT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THEM.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES HOW WEAK REGION 4 IS

Old Tiger
12-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Region IV always produces great teams at the top.
Region III produces great teams all through
Region II varies.
Region I produces one or two good teams a year(Abilene Wylie)

GreenMachine
12-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I have heard that we own the speed, as a team, against CS, but does CS have anyone that can track down Whittington, Armstrong, Hargrove, Williams, Glover, etc.?

trojan37
12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Hicks is their only real speed guy on the team at 4.5 in the 40.

GreenMachine
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Hicks is their only real speed guy on the team at 4.5 in the 40. Well, he is not as fast as our starting DE, who is a 6'2" 220# all state sprinter :eek: There was also talk that Hicks was injured?

JT44
12-13-2007, 03:12 PM

I gave him a lift home friday night, he's okay, said he could've went back in but coach told him there was no need.

trojan37
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, he is not as fast as our starting DE, who is a 6'2" 220# all state sprinter :eek: There was also talk that Hicks was injured?

What I'm getting at is China has no speed, and Hicks is hurt, which is discussed in the thread titled " Mike Hicks".

ensig
12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
china does not have near the speed of cuero or the majority of the teams they have played and historically never has/will.... yet as stated earlier or in another thread, this is why they run the type of offense they choose to. on defense it is along the same principle as they use the "bend but dont break" philosophy.

in relation, many teams across the state that have had much less speed than thier opponents and have faired well, and done so with scheme, stunts and discipline. dont take this in the wrong light as i am in no way calling china a southlake of 3a (cuero could claim that way before cs) , but southlake has not had the speed of thier opponents over the years yet has done extremely well becuause of thier scheme and discipline. the reason many hs teams revert to the spread offense is to even the playing field and take the wieght off the shoulder of the defense of having to stop the opposing o numerous times. rather, the d just has to have timely stops to set up thier own offense.

buff4ever
12-13-2007, 05:18 PM
yeah okay, cuero takes this one, let's start the game already.

:D

buff4ever
12-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Region II varies.

Thank you, I can agree with this. There are more good teams in Region 3 than any other. That doesn't ALWAYS mean that the state champ should come from this region, it just says the competition on the way is better.

Your Shadow
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Region II varies.

trojan37
12-13-2007, 06:46 PM
china does not have near the speed of cuero or the majority of the teams they have played and historically never has/will.... yet as stated earlier or in another thread, this is why they run the type of offense they choose to. on defense it is along the same principle as they use the "bend but dont break" philosophy.

in relation, many teams across the state that have had much less speed than thier opponents and have faired well, and done so with scheme, stunts and discipline. dont take this in the wrong light as i am in no way calling china a southlake of 3a (cuero could claim that way before cs) , but southlake has not had the speed of thier opponents over the years yet has done extremely well becuause of thier scheme and discipline. the reason many hs teams revert to the spread offense is to even the playing field and take the wieght off the shoulder of the defense of having to stop the opposing o numerous times. rather, the d just has to have timely stops to set up thier own offense.

You better look up Southlake again, because half that team is 4.4 in the 40.

Gobbla2001
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
You better look up Southlake again, because half that team is 4.4 in the 40.

half of SLC's team are linemen... their linemen run 4.4s?

trojan37
12-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Tre Newton, Riley Dodge, Blake Cantu, hmmm, let me see, all their receivers, those kids are fast. I have been to see them a few times and those kids can fly. When, Chase Wasson was qb, that team was fast. When Chase Daniel qas qb, that team was fast. When McElroy was qb, they were reall fast.

Gobbla2001
12-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Tre Newton, Riley Dodge, Blake Cantu, hmmm, let me see, all their receivers, those kids are fast. I have been to see them a few times and those kids can fly. When, Chase Wasson was qb, that team was fast. When Chase Daniel qas qb, that team was fast. When McElroy was qb, they were reall fast.

don't they have like 60-70 on the regular season roster? isn't that 30-35 4.4 kids?

and they're not winning Track State Championships why?

trojan37
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Because they play football.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 07:14 PM

i would venture to say lh's offense is better than china springs'

GreenMachine
12-13-2007, 07:42 PM

in relation, many teams across the state that have had much less speed than thier opponents and have faired well, and done so with scheme, stunts and discipline. dont take this in the wrong light as i am in no way calling china a southlake of 3a (cuero could claim that way before cs) , but southlake has not had the speed of thier opponents over the years yet has done extremely well becuause of thier scheme and discipline. the reason many hs teams revert to the spread offense is to even the playing field and take the wieght off the shoulder of the defense of having to stop the opposing o numerous times. rather, the d just has to have timely stops to set up thier own offense. Actually I will agree with you on some of this. A friend who saw CS play, said that they are a very disciplined ball club. But, if your safety is your #1 tackler, speed will make the difference because he won't be able to tackle Quincey all night.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
don't they have like 60-70 on the regular season roster? isn't that 30-35 4.4 kids?

and they're not winning Track State Championships why?

Because they play football.

you mean if they play football, they can't run track? That makes no sense whatsoever:rolleyes:

trojan37
12-13-2007, 11:14 PM
you mean if they play football, they can't run track? That makes no sense whatsoever:rolleyes:

Did I say that if they play football they can't run track? No. It was asked why aren't they winning state titles in track. The answer was because they play football. Southlake actually has a kid who went to a DI school (Clint Renfro, TCU) on a football scholarship, and quit the team to run track. Did I actually mean that half of Southlake's team actually runs a 4.4? No, it was just a figure of speech. Simply stated, Southlake is just as fast as any team ( if not faster) than they play year in and year out. I have seen Southlake receivers blow past corners and safeties like they were sitting still.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Did I say that if they play football they can't run track? No. It was asked why aren't they winning state titles in track. The answer was because they play football.

maybe I misunderstood what you said..... maybe the answer should simply be that they don't win State Championships in Track because they don't run track - and leave it at that - no reason to say - because they play football - saying they don't run track because they play football insinuates (or at least that's the way I understood it) gives the reader the impression they don't run track because they play football......... really doesn't matter anyway - why am I even having this discussion?:D :D :D :D COME ON SATURDAY :p

trojan37
12-13-2007, 11:38 PM
maybe I misunderstood what you said..... maybe the answer should simply be that they don't win State Championships in Track because they don't run track - and leave it at that - no reason to say - because they play football - saying they don't run track because they play football insinuates (or at least that's the way I understood it) gives the reader the impression they don't run track because they play football......... really doesn't matter anyway - why am I even having this discussion?:D :D :D :D COME ON SATURDAY :p

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Can't we all just ge along?:D

CueroDad2006
12-13-2007, 11:58 PM
I gave him a lift home friday night, he's okay, said he could've went back in but coach told him there was no need.

There was no need to come back in?.....Hell it came down to the last secs.
I think there was a big need to have him in dont you?

Gobbla2001
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
. Did I actually mean that half of Southlake's team actually runs a 4.4? .

sure sounded like it... figured you read it in the DCTF mag...

KingRob
12-14-2007, 05:10 AM
If possible could people on both sides take some pics and post after the game?

Danke!

:)

LET'S GO CUERO!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

cjeffsjeep
12-14-2007, 10:56 AM
lol, I'm confused as to where you saw someone saying Cuero was better than LV (the post you replied to had no mention of it)...

I don't think Cuero was better than LV, don't really think LV was better than Cuero either...

as for WO-S/Cuero... BC beat WO-S 15-12 and BC beat Cuero 29-21... how does one honestly guage WO-S the better team because of that? A better defense against Bay City's pass-only offense? Cuero runs a different offense... that's why you can't base it off of that... can't guage Cuero the better team because they scored more either...

I always have to go back to this, but here I go again...

1998:

Sealy 10 Cuero 3
Cuero 28 Industrial 7
Industrial 7 Sealy 6

2002:
Cuero over Yoakum
Yoakum over Gonzales
Gonzales 43 Cuero 14

you can tell that a team is good by who they beat, but you can't really say they'd beat team B because they beat some team worse than team B did or lost to that team by less than team B... that's erroneous ha

head to head match-ups with the two offenses vs. the two defenses is where it's at...

Lol well its the semi's and WO-S is still not there and to be up front about it im tired of all the trash talk about Cuero WO-S if they think they can beat Cuero then make it to the GAME and we will see!!!! but untell then you guys at WO-S need to worry about the game that yall are playing. and right now i believe that game is using a round ball. When its oblong ball season agin you should take it one game at at time just as Cuero does. then when Cuero WO-S meet in that oooo so ever eluding game we will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now lets talk about Cuero CS game im going with the great Gobblers in this one im sure it will not be a Mathis game but it will be a great game between t great teams. CS played there best game last week aginst a team that was looking a week ahead. but thats just my 2 pennys. Play great, be great, win STATE

Old Green
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by cjeffsjeep
Lol well its the semi's and WO-S is still not there and to be up front about it im tired of all the trash talk about Cuero WO-S if they think they can beat Cuero then make it to the GAME and we will see!!!! but untell then you guys at WO-S need to worry about the game that yall are playing. and right now i believe that game is using a round ball. When its oblong ball season agin you should take it one game at at time just as Cuero does. then when Cuero WO-S meet in that oooo so ever eluding game we will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now lets talk about Cuero CS game im going with the great Gobblers in this one im sure it will not be a Mathis game but it will be a great game between t great teams. CS played there best game last week aginst a team that was looking a week ahead. but thats just my 2 pennys. Play great, be great, win STATE No one from WOS has posted anything in this thread cncerning a WOS - Cuero matchup. Someone from Gatesville made mention of the fact La vega beat WOS then lost to China Spring. There fore his reasoning is CS is the better team.

44INAROW
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Less than 36 hours until Kickoff ;)

cjeffsjeep
12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
No one from WOS has posted anything in this thread cncerning a WOS - Cuero matchup. Someone from Gatesville made mention of the fact La vega beat WOS then lost to China Spring. There fore his reasoning is CS is the better team.

yes i know but also China springs beat La Vaga. the point i was trying to make is that why compair teams that will never play. every team should take it a week at a time and not jump ahead to what could be. this week is Cuero - China Springs next week is still a week away. the reason that these 2 teams have made it this far is becouse they dont look weeks ahead they focus on the feat at hand

DrBob
12-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Less than 36 hours until Kickoff ;)

wish we were playing tonight

JT44
12-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Is it just me or does the Celina coach sound like he's just glad there's no more LaVega and doesn't really think anyone left can stop them?

Bracket shaping up beautifully for Bobcats

BY ANDREW MAY, Staff Writer
(Created: Thursday, December 13, 2007)

Four teams technically have a shot at winning the Class 3A Division II state title.

Celina, Snyder, China Spring and Cuero are the last ones standing in what has been a fairly uneventful postseason to this point.

Of the 58 games that have been played over the course of the past month, 44 have been decided by double digits, including 30 by 20 or more points. Multiple state champions have been eliminated along the way, though Texas’ only seven-time titleholder in 3A is still alive.

Celina is chugging along at a championship pace and must be considered the favorite to become the first program in state history to claim eight crowns.

The Bobcats barreled through a weak region, beating opponents by an average of 40.5 points per game in the process. No other team has a greater margin of victory, has scored more points or posted a shutout. Only three-time state champ Cuero - which won its titles in 1973, 1974 and 1987 - has given up fewer points.

The developments over the past two weeks have surely pleased Celina faithful. Vernon, which advanced to the state semifinals last season before losing to the Bobcats, was defeated by Snyder, 36-21, on Friday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium, eliminating a potential threat from the championship path. But perhaps the biggest news has come from Region III. After knocking off a strong West Orange-Stark team in the regional round, Waco La Vega seemed primed to get out of the region and into the title game. Then came a completely unexpected bump in the road in the form of China Spring.

The District 17-3A rivals clashed earlier in the season, with La Vega running away to an easy 42-13 win and the district title. Most bracketologists had already penciled Celina and La Vega into the 3A championship game.

Taking its underdog role to heart, China Spring (13-1) pulled off the biggest upset to date Saturday at Waco’s Floyd Casey Stadium. In front of an estimated 14,000 fans, Cougar quarterback Dustin Eskew hurled himself over three would-be La Vega tacklers and into the end zone with less than two minutes remaining in the game to pull off the improbable 31-28 victory.

On third-and-goal from the La Vega 9-yard line, Eskew scrambled right and leapt over a trio of Pirate defenders looking to cut him. The game-winning dive capped a 13-play, 80-yard drive that sucked more than five minutes off the clock and put the Cougars ahead for the first time since the second quarter.

La Vega ran just eight plays in the fourth quarter as China Spring kept the ball for more than eight minutes to dominate total time of possession 33-15. The Pirates never crossed midfield in the final frame.

“It was a bit of a surprise,” Celina head coach Butch Ford said.

Asked if the upset helps his team should the Bobcats beat Snyder, Ford replied that he didn’t have a feeling on it one way or the other.

That stance could possibly change Saturday evening if Celina can advance to its second-straight state championship game. Until then, the focus is on Snyder (12-2).

“Their offense is what concerns us more than anything,” Ford said. “I worry about them controlling the game by keeping the ball. We’ve got to get stops.”

Meanwhile, China Spring is bound for the other Division II state semifinal to meet Cuero this weekend. The Gobblers defeated Palacios, 42-13, to win the Region IV championship Friday.

The semifinal game is set for 6 p.m. Saturday at The Tony Burger Activity Center in Austin.

Class 3A Division II semifinals

Celina (14-0) vs. Snyder (12-2)

4 p.m. Saturday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium

China Spring (13-1) vs. Cuero (12-2)

6 p.m. Saturday at Austin’s Burger Center

GreenMachine
12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Going to be cold and windy which should favor our running attack ;)

GreenMachine
12-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I have seen that greenpride posted on this game, but I have yet to hear from naclh2o. I know you had time before or after breakfast to comment on this game :D

greenpride
12-14-2007, 09:05 PM
This game will come down to who can manage the cold and windy conditions the best.......both teams will need to sustain offensive series and pound the ball when needed. I feel Cuero should be able to do this a little bit better than CS, from what I saw against Wimberley. I also watched CS play Kirbyville and I can't remember CS handing off to their running back. They will need to run the ball to have a chance with the weather conditions. CS is a very disciplined team and will not beat themselves. It will take a gutty Cuero team effort to earn that trip to the state championship game.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to be cold and windy which should favor our running attack ;)

GreenMachine
12-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
This game will come down to who can manage the cold and windy conditions the best.......both teams will need to sustain offensive series and pound the ball when needed. I feel Cuero should be able to do this a little bit better than CS, from what I saw against Wimberley. I also watched CS play Kirbyville and I can't remember CS handing off to their running back. They will need to run the ball to have a chance with the weather conditions. CS is a very disciplined team and will not beat themselves. It will take a gutty Cuero team effort to earn that trip to the state championship game.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with the analysis, greenpride. I think we will ride our hoss, Quincey, to the state finals ;) :thumbsup:

JT44
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
check the link, I think it's the best weather info,

http://www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=78701&hourly=1&yday=348&weekday=Saturday

Sundance
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
This is the night were Cuero's offence and defence will gel together and play there best game so far. The offence along with Tyler will give CS a very hard fought game, and the defence will be clicking on all Cyclinders. This will prove to be to much for CS.

True records are made not Stated!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN--------- GO MEAN GREEN:D :D :D

JJ7997
12-15-2007, 12:42 AM
This is so hard to pick. All week my heart roots for Cuero but my mind says CS pulls the upset like they did against La Vega. Personally, I think La Vega = better than Cuero which = win for CS which = quandry for me, what am I supposed to think ? Cuero's speed and talent = exactly jack like La Vega's did. :thinking:

GreenGobbla
12-15-2007, 02:23 AM
wow, its gameday...cuero wins 42-35

bobcat1
12-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Pullin' for you Cuero. I'd like nothing better than a Cuero/Celina for the ring at Texas Stadium if possible but if not wherever.

Spank China Spring!

pirate4state
12-15-2007, 07:21 AM
This is so hard to pick. All week my heart roots for Cuero but my mind says CS pulls the upset like they did against La Vega. Personally, I think La Vega = better than Cuero which = win for CS which = quandry for me, what am I supposed to think ? Cuero's speed and talent = exactly jack like La Vega's did. :thinking:

It's not that hard. Cuero wins by 10. :D

Cuero's speed & talent is different, in a good way, than La Vega's. This game could take 5 hours though if all CS does is throw. That's alot of stopping the clock for incomplete passes. :D ;)

All joking aside - all 3 games today SHOULD be good games. You don't get this far by being a bad team! I think Cuero wins this one early in the 4th and they don't look back!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

TAMUGRAD
12-15-2007, 08:05 AM
I hope your right pirate4state. I woke up at 5:00A.M. ready for some football.

44INAROW
12-15-2007, 09:51 AM
GAMEDAY :) Sun is shining outside........ and the wind is blowing like crazy......... Let's play some football :)

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

HM33
12-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Going to be a good day. We are about to head out and we are stopping by Cabellas (Spelling??). Looking forward to the game, going to be a good one. By the looks of it, I think the air ball will be limited with the wind that is blowing now, but we wll see.