PDA

View Full Version : Class 3A Division II State Semifinal(Gotw): Snyder (12-2) vs. Celina (14-0)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

75009Football
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm gonna get fired if I dont get back to work. Talk at you tonight.

alaskacat
12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What's funny is Vernon is nowhere close to the same caliber of Celina yet you think you can somehow find a comparison between the two!

I didn't see him get run over..although Clay cuts on a dime....hes a good back but he wont get his 209 average...the whole Snyder team won't. I think Liberty Hill got 287 total last year in the final. Snyder is a far cry from Liberty Hill, and Bode is better than Clay by a lot.

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I didn't see him get run over..although Clay cuts on a dime....hes a good back but he wont get his 209 average...the whole Snyder team won't. I think Liberty Hill got 287 total last year in the final. Snyder is a far cry from Liberty Hill, and Bode is better than Clay by a lot.

LH ran for about 350 last year.

I hope the weather's not too bad tomorrow.

I hate cold weather.

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Ya know, I think that a lot of this dissing does not come from Celina. We trot out our talk about our club and all, but I have never said that Snyder could not win. I think they have one heck of an O line. They want to come out and hit us in the mouth. That's fine. This is not going to be pretty. It is going to be mano y mano
who's the last man standing type of play.
Well Guess what. That is all they play in 2a because they usually cannot do anything else. So of all the teams Snyder could have against them we are the one to play that might stand them on their ear. They remind me a lot of Pewitt. Pewitt thought they would come in and run over us. And for about a half it was a close thing. But one big difference. Pewitt was as good on D as they were on O. Same is true for LH.
Watching Snyder play D gives me faith in the fact that we will score.

One thing for sure. They are not that fast. Clay looks about 4.6. We have a couple of linebackers and corners that fast. D'anton is faster. So speed is not the issue. Hit the man and knock him down and wrap him up. Block Tackle Execute that is the Bobcat way and has been for many years.

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 07:20 PM
From DMN:

Beware of Synder’s ‘Beef Squad’

The best part about Saturday’s Class 3A Division II semifinal at Abilene's Shotwell Stadium between Celina and Synder will be watching the matchup of Celina’s defense against Snyder’s offense. Talk about strength vs. strength. Celina’s 10-1 defense is built to stop the run. Well, that’s about all Synder does. Synder’s running back, Will Clay, has nearly 3,000 rushing yards through 14 games.

As a good running back should, Clay credits his “beefy” line for his success in this article.

“Like I’ve said all year, the guys up front are the ones doing all the work,” Clay said. “They’re opening holes every play while I’m running around having fun.”

Posted by David Hinojosa on December 14, 2007 5:34 PM | Permalink

LINK (http://hs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/beware_of_synders_beef_squad.html)

The article referenced has already been linked here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76216).

Knightmoon
12-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Snyder will win a by 10. Going to shock a few Celina faithful. You can bet that Snyder will be ready for the task. Looking forward to a great game @ Shotwell stadium. Right in the heartland of the Snyder Tigers. Go Tigers.....this Merkel Badger is your 12th man.

runtherace
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

One thing for sure. They are not that fast. Clay looks about 4.6. We have a couple of linebackers and corners that fast. D'anton is faster. So speed is not the issue.

Glad you're so sure; Will's been timed at 4.48 but he's certainly not our fastest.

TigerPride
12-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Yes....Yes.....this is a common sight in Celina. They take turns. ;)
http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/mooncrane.jpg
That's a moon in the photo. :)

LOL

NDFootball
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
What time is this game tomorrow?

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
What time is this game tomorrow?

4PM

mrescape43
12-14-2007, 09:55 PM
All I want to say is Good luck to the Tigers and I hope the game is hard fought with the best team winning. I hope that both teams finish the game injury free. Too all Celina posters and fans I hope you'll have a safe trip to and from Abilene tomorrow!

metrotigerfan
12-14-2007, 10:20 PM
:cool: well seems like it is going to be a good barn burner in west texas, I just hope all of our opponents are there backing their district and previous district champions. I am not going to take anything away from the Celina boys but I do hope they understand that this is the team we have been saying would win state for the past 6 years. There is alot more talent than Clay on this team...............if you don't believe me ask him if you ever run into him.

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by metrotigerfan
:cool: well seems like it is going to be a good barn burner in west texas, I just hope all of our opponents are there backing their district and previous district champions. I am not going to take anything away from the Celina boys but I do hope they understand that this is the team we have been saying would win state for the past 6 years. There is alot more talent than Clay on this team...............if you don't believe me ask him if you ever run into him.

It goes without saying that there is some talent on that team. But 3000 yards and
41 td's says he is the man. We also have
5000 yards rushing this year but our top two backs only have about 2500 of it. On top of that we have 1600 plus yards of passing. And our QB has a sizeable chunk of rushing yards. Funny thing tho. I never here how great Snyder's d is. Celina has averaged giving up 145 yards a game and about 9 points a game. The O is terrific and may actually be the strength of our team this year but the D is just as strong. Reminds me a little of our 05 team but I think the O is better this year and the D may be too.

metrotigerfan
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
why show any of the other talent if he is able to carry the load.......I'm tellin you there are sleeping giants still waiting to be unleashed on the Celina D

alaskacat
12-14-2007, 10:49 PM
thats cool, just bring the big bad sleeping giants, and when its over they will think they been in a train wreck.:)

Our sleeping Giant is 5'4 and weighs 177 Lbs....He causes many of them thar train wrecks.:)

trojan37
12-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
thats cool, just bring the big bad sleeping giants, and when its over they will think they been in a train wreck.:)

Our sleeping Giant is 5'4 and weighs 177 Lbs....He causes many of them thar train wrecks.:)

Is this the little guy that blitzes like crazy? He was after our qb like a monkey doing you know what to a football that night.

bobcat74
12-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, he slides right between the tackle's legs. ;)

75009Football
12-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Good luck to both teams. I hope both teams fans travel safe so we can have an enjoyable time at the game cheering on our boys. No matter what happens it has been a great season for both teams, one that both teams can be proud of. No one will have anything to hang their heads about when this game is over. Both teams fought hard to get here and will fight hard to move on. In the end, the better team on Saturday night will be the team to represent R1&2. Whatever happens I want the winner Saturday to beat the tar out of the R3/4 winner.

Good luck and God's speed.

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Good luck to both teams. I hope both teams fans travel safe so we can have an enjoyable time at the game cheering on our boys. No matter what happens it has been a great season for both teams, one that both teams can be proud of. No one will have anything to hang their heads about when this game is over. Both teams fought hard to get here and will fight hard to move on. In the end, the better team on Saturday night will be the team to represent R1&2. Whatever happens I want the winner Saturday to beat the tar out of the R3/4 winner.

I couldn't have said it better! Good luck to both teams! Be safe and drive safe! Goodnight all!

kepdawg
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
17 hours to kickoff!

Remember halftime under the scoreboard for anyone who wants to meet!

DaHop72
12-15-2007, 12:01 AM

Good luck and God's speed. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Not bad for someone from "Galina".;) ;)
From someone from "Synder".

sweetwater07
12-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
17 hours to kickoff!

Remember halftime under the scoreboard for anyone who wants to meet!

i was wondering if there was a M&G.....see yall there

bobcat1
12-15-2007, 06:39 AM
It's about time to get the boys breakfast going. "Honey where did you put the gunpowder?"

I hope this game is injury free on the field and on the trips going and coming and I ask the Lord to protect us all. Looking forward to a war of wills today. Which team will impose their will on the other team? Who's toughest? We shall see today. Today it will play out before our eyes. What a wonderful day this will be for the winners. The winners will be on both sides of the ball though. They are our kids. 6 teams playing 3A ball today in Texas. That makes them all winners. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck to all and may the best team win.

pirate4state
12-15-2007, 07:26 AM
GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!! SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

metrotigerfan
12-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Good morning to all that are up and on the dl already this morning. To both snyder and celina boys good luck and may the best team win without any injuries to anyone on either side of the ball. I believe that it is the Tigers that come out on top.....yet if something happens and we don't.....remember you boys have played an outstanding season. Way to Go Tigers...........DONT STOP NOW!!!!!!

TAMUGRAD
12-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'm pulling for you Tigers.

bobcat1
12-15-2007, 08:21 AM

I am not feeling the love from some on this site for Celina. But then I guess we can be the evil villain for them to cheer against. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Go Gilmer, Cuero, and Celina! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Your Shadow
12-15-2007, 08:46 AM

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2007, 09:12 AM

I'll drink to that....

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2007, 10:03 AM
ANd in another salute to Dean Martin...

Everybody loves my body sometime........

tigerchick_2013
12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
GO TIGERS!!! SHOCK THE WORLD AND BEAT CELINA!!!!!!

alaskacat
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I am not feeling the love from some on this site for Celina. But then I guess we can be the evil villain for them to cheer against. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Go Gilmer, Cuero, and Celina! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I 2nd that remark..and may this confrontation at 4 be a war. Everyone drive safe, to the players stay safe

To the victor a harty toast, and kick the crap out of China Springs..:)

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2007, 11:11 AM
It's colder than hell right now in Sweetwater. The wind is
howling. Anybody going to the game better come dressed for
artic weather.

Today: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 44. Windy, with a north northwest wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.

keenoace
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
GO TIGERS!!! EVERYONE BE CAREFULL AND BRING LOTS OF BLANKETS. GOOD LUCK TO CELINA, CHINA SPRINGS AND CUERO!!!

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Not comparing the team. Read the post. I was comparing the
posters opinions.

people are focusing on the wrong thing

whether or not D'anton Lynn is better than a vernon safety is arguable

however, celina's defense being better than Vernon's is not

that means Lynn has less work to do in the long run

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
people are focusing on the wrong thing

whether or not D'anton Lynn is better than a vernon safety is arguable

however, celina's defense being better than Vernon's is not

that means Lynn has less work to do in the long run

Celina's safety doesn't look like much to me.:thinking:

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3146050#video

Of course I'm kidding.:D

I think Vernon's safety is going to North Texas. NT isn't PSU.
Looking at Lynn's profile it shows he turned down Florida. Wow.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm on my way to Abilene!!!!!

See ya'll there!!!

75009Football
12-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It's about time to get the boys breakfast going. "Honey where did you put the gunpowder?"

I hope this game is injury free on the field and on the trips going and coming and I ask the Lord to protect us all. Looking forward to a war of wills today. Which team will impose their will on the other team? Who's toughest? We shall see today. Today it will play out before our eyes. What a wonderful day this will be for the winners. The winners will be on both sides of the ball though. They are our kids. 6 teams playing 3A ball today in Texas. That makes them all winners. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck to all and may the best team win. Gunpowder, OMGosh!!! How funny. Amen to the rest.

charlesrixey
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone left to listen to the game with me and alaskacat?

alaskacat
12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Probably not...the fortunate are in Abilene.,,or Waco....stinking weather...grrr