PDA

View Full Version : Class 3A Division II State Semifinal(Gotw): Snyder (12-2) vs. Celina (14-0)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
According to what I read, Liberty Hill's Bode got 184 and Allman got 83 in last year's championship game. Bode averaged almost 18 yards per carry and Allman 7 against the mighty Celina defense.:eek:
194..... ;)

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
194..... ;)

Well, there you go. Figures, the stats came from a Celina webpage.:)

kepdawg
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
According to what I read, Liberty Hill's Bode got 184 and Allman got 83 in last year's championship game. Bode averaged almost 18 yards per carry and Allman 7 against the mighty Celina defense.:eek:

It's just too bad Snyder doesn't have LH's offense!

And yes he was inaccurate in stating that the Garrison game was the last time someone went for 150+ against them.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I have been asking some of the same questions and have received very little input. Since I don't get to watch tape I wondered if anyone from Snyder would fill me in. All I get is clay will get 300 yards.
The last time anyone got over 150 was that Garrison title game we won in 02. As I stated above, just like you haven't seen Snyder play, I've never seen Celina play so I don't have a clue how I could even begin to guess how we would do in those phases of the game.

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 06:45 PM
This Day Clay thing has me worried. After being severely trounced last year by Liberty Hill, I do hope this weak squad we have this year can stop this West Texas duo. They seem unstoppable almost. Does the line have ANYTHING at all to do with it or do these guys just run wherever they see daylight? Come on fellas. Let's talk about it. Who is the best lineman? How many pancakes does he get a game? What kinda speed does Clay and Day have?

Go Buckeyes!

75009Football
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
BILLYFRED, don't believe a thing you have read about the Snyder offense. We really run out of the spread 95% of the time and seldom run the ball. All the yardage figures you have seen are pure propaganda put out by the coaches and the sports editor of the Snyder Daily news.:D :D

WhaaaaHaaaHaaaaHaaaaa. LOL.

Hop, you're gettin better and better. The coaches and sports editors are sure putting something out there then.

Still LOL.

vlion75grad
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Saw several games this year, Celina 3 times. Will Clay will break a couple, but the Celina defense with Caleb Lavey to slow him down and if needed D'Anton Lynn to help will slow down the Snyder offense to 3 scores. On the other hand the Snyder defense wont have the same impact on the Celina offense. 5-6 tds.
42-21 Celina. Will Clay 170 to 189 yds

kepdawg
12-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I've seen both.

I could throw out numbers.

One side will disagree with whatever I throw out.

I go high and Celina says no way.

I go low and Snyder says no way.

Everybody will believe what they want.

We'll find out on Saturday.

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about. Will Clay will get approx 180 yards and Snyder scores three TD's.

Go Buckeyes!

vlion75grad
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I saw "TOMBSTONE" again on Saturday

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I did see it one day last week again also.

I just want to say I back Region 2! Go Buckeyes! Shock the world!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's what I'm talkin' about. Will Clay will get approx 180 yards and Snyder scores three TD's.

Contrary to what some believe, you can't just worry about Clay. Day is a very good runner. He's not afraid to get hit and in most cases, he'll lay one right back. Then there is Arrendale - a strong hard runner who is also dangerous. Hasn't made a lot of noise the last couple of games, but he's a good runner and a great blocker.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
This Day Clay thing has me worried. After being severely trounced last year by Liberty Hill, I do hope this weak squad we have this year can stop this West Texas duo. They seem unstoppable almost. Does the line have ANYTHING at all to do with it or do these guys just run wherever they see daylight? Come on fellas. Let's talk about it. Who is the best lineman? How many pancakes does he get a game? What kinda speed does Clay and Day have?

Go Buckeyes! bobcat, it depends on who you talk to, 325 likes the Garza kid, myself I lean toward the Samia lad. Daniel enjoys blocking as much as most running backs like to run. I would say if by chance our weak Region I team manages to get any kind of running game going and if we haven't been blown out by the middle of the 3rd quarter then the Bobcats could be in a world of when it comes to stopping the run.:D :D I don't know Will's 40 yard time but I can tell you when he pops in the open about all anyone sees is the number 28 with Clay written on the back.:devil: :devil:

75009Football
12-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by sharkb8er
This is my first post on this thread and haven't had the opportunity to read all the posts. I am a snyder graduate and currently living in East Texas. I just wanted to wish the Tigers good luck this week. Ya'll need to be hoping for a cold nasty day to play on this week cause these east texas boys don't know anything about playing in those conditions. Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Celina is the real deal. The Tigers will need to bring their A game or will fall short of the championship as did Abilene Wyle. Welcome aboard sharkb8er. You got it real bad having graduated from Snyder and now living in ET but at least you admit to both, that's a start. Just joking. We really dont mind the cold and wet cause all we do is line up and pound the ball. If the Tigers watched ANY video they will know what is coming, when it is coming, who is bringing it, and where it will be going most of the time. It is just a matter of "can you stop it." That will be the same for them also though, give it to Will over and over and over. But you are right, we dont get cold and wet too often. Thanks for the "real deal" and welcome aboard.

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Contrary to what some believe, you can't just worry about Clay. Day is a very good runner. He's not afraid to get hit and in most cases, he'll lay one right back. Then there is Arrendale - a strong hard runner who is also dangerous. Hasn't made a lot of noise the last couple of games, but he's a good runner and a great blocker.
Awesome! Now we know day likes to deliver the blow and likes contact. Arrendale is the blocker that clears the holes for Clay and Day. Does Clay like contact?

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Who is #54?

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
it doesn't really matter

snyder is not liberty hill '06

celina's defense is the '07 version, not the '06 version

btw, celina played garrison in '01 (not '02), and delbert davis ran for over 200 yards

other games since then i think there has been a 150 yard rusher:

2003:

terrius purvey, gainesville
gilmer?

crawford?

2006:
that guy from liberty christian
bode, liberty hill

of course, the opposite is almost always true, which is why lh's feat is worth mentioning:

chris harris, elysian fields 98-99 title games (3,000 yard season in 98)

kyle herm, stanton, '98 semifinal

clay white, stanton, '00 semifinal

shawnbrey mcneal, madison, '06 area

harrison and the pewitt offense, '05 title game

plus each of the star running backs in last year's playoff run (madison, canton, brownsboro, vernon's whiteside)

big games by star players almost never happened from 98-02, but there has been a slight increase as the competition level has increased in the move to 3A

however, since celina has lost only two games in four seasons, i'd say bigger performances by star players isn't too terribly bad

i think snyder could get 200 yards rushing and still lose by two touchdowns

and that's because i believe celina to be the better overall team

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Awesome! Now we know day likes to deliver the blow and likes contact. Arrendale is the blocker that clears the holes for Clay and Day. Does Clay like contact?
[/SIZE]

Here ya go....Link (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=5711)

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/will.jpg

This was the safety that was going to shut Will down in the Vernon game, shortly after this attempted tackle he could tell you what the bottom of Will's shoe had on it.

75009Football
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Ranks dont mean jack. You can't predict anything!

If Celina played Argyle for the 3rd round, you don't know if they would of or wouldn't of scored more than once!

What matters is who ever comes to play on game day! We'll see you there! That is what ULTIMATELY what matters. But you're gettin you're but kicked here because you dont want to sit and discuss, you just want to YELL.

Did Rogers ask for game tape or is he just waiting for game day? Is he looking at statistics to see where he needs to strengthen a portion of his defense? Is he looking at statistics to see where he can put a particular type of run/pass? Are we more vulurable to a screen on second and long rather than third and long? Did our competition make more yardage on a screen on second down than third down?

When you dont have an answer that worth a crap, keep your hands in your pocket. An answer just for the sake of an answer shows your IQ is still closer to your age. When your young, thats not good.

Remember the old adage, its alot better to learn from someone else's mistakes than your own. Ranks do mean jack and you can predict things. There is, however a difference between predicting and guessing. Thought process and not homerism. Root for who you want and cheer them to victory but try to use your brain pan for a little more than coming up with your next post. Do a little digging and use those stats for your own good.

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
They look real good. Who is #54 for Snyder?

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Did Rogers ask for game tape or is he just waiting for game day? Is he looking at statistics to see where he needs to strengthen a portion of his defense? Is he looking at statistics to see where he can put a particular type of run/pass? Are we more vulurable to a screen on second and long rather than third and long? Did our competition make more yardage on a screen on second down than third down?

I don't mean to sound like a smart aleck here but of course Coach Rogers has ask for game tapes. We are proud of our coaching staff and think that they are as good as the coaches in any other 3A town in the state of Texas. I'm sure he could answer every question that you have asked above, but then again why would he? Celina may or may not blow the Tigers off the field but whether they win or lose the Tiger coaching staff will have the players ready to play.

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
That is what ULTIMATELY what matters. But you're gettin you're but kicked here because you dont want to sit and discuss, you just want to YELL.

When you dont have an answer that worth a crap, keep your hands in your pocket. An answer just for the sake of an answer shows your IQ is still closer to your age. When your young, thats not good.

Remember the old adage, its alot better to learn from someone else's mistakes than your own. Ranks do mean jack and you can predict things. There is, however a difference between predicting and guessing. Thought process and not homerism. Root for who you want and cheer them to victory but try to use your brain pan for a little more than coming up with your next post. Do a little digging and use those stats for your own good.

Snyder knows how to winh against top-notch competition. It's oing to be a great game. Rankings and stats don't really mean much, it's how the players perform on game day.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 07:30 PM
They look real good. Who is #54 for Snyder?

I just want to say I back Region 2! Go Buckeyes! Shock the world! Patrick Meighan.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
'at least snyder knows they can lose'

?

of course celina knows they can lose

what do people think motivates them?

post game strippers?

they didn't get to 150 whatever and 5 because they were arrogant

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
'at least snyder knows they can lose'

?

of course celina knows they can lose

what do people think motivates them?

post game strippers?

they didn't get to 150 whatever and 5 because they were arrogant

Wasn't most of those wins in 2A

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

yes, when celina was a 2A team in a 2A district with 2A enrollment

what's your point?

of course, we could look at 3A if you want:

29-1

or 50-3 if you include 2002-2003

again, what's your point?

as far as i know, that is a better record than snyder's, even during that time frame

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 07:39 PM
yes, when celina was a 2A team in a 2A district with 2A enrollment

what's your point?

of course, we could look at 3A if you want:

29-1

or 50-3 if you include 2002-2003

again, what's your point?

as far as i know, that is a better record than snyder's, even during that time frame

Records don't matter, it's how you perform on the day of the game. what happened in 2002 doesn't matter in 2007.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 07:49 PM

That would surprise you to know that Celina has regularly in pre district scheduled 3a teams for several years. Couple that with the 4 years in 3a and I would guess that it is close to about 50 percent games against 3a opponents since the streak began.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Records don't matter, it's how you perform on the day of the game. what happened in 2002 doesn't matter in 2007.

okay then, i'll bite

glen rose, emory rains, west and pittsburg aren't snyder, but argyle and vernon aren't celina, either

it's more likely this game ends up like the vernon game last year

a quick score by Snyder in a 35-13 kind of game

Region II teams have, on average the last several years, beaten Region I teams in the semifinals, just like Region III teams win a majority of their games against Region IV teams

celina has done well enough (including last year) against West Texas teams regardless of their region II schedule in the playoffs

Snyder has the ability to pull the upset, but it would be considered an upset for a reason

and besides, if anyone on here really cared about 'it will be decide on the field' then there wouldn't be 300 replies in this thread

so don't fall back on it when the argument dies

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 07:53 PM
okay then, i'll bite

glen rose, emory rains, west and pittsburg aren't snyder, but argyle and vernon aren't celina, either

it's more likely this game ends up like the vernon game last year

a quick score by Snyder in a 35-13 kind of game

Region II teams have, on average the last several years, beaten Region I teams in the semifinals, just like Region III teams win a majority of their games against Region IV teams

celina has done well enough (including last year) against West Texas teams regardless of their region II schedule in the playoffs

Snyder has the ability to pull the upset, but it would be considered an upset for a reason

and besides, if anyone on here really cared about 'it will be decide on the field' then there wouldn't be 300 replies in this thread

so don't fall back on it when the argument dies

It doesn't matter what either team did last year or this year, the game will be decided on the field Saturday. At least Celina has to travel more than 50 for one of the rare times for a playoff game.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
It doesn't matter what either team did last year or this year, the game will be decided on the field Saturday. At least Celina has to travel more than 50 for one of the rare times for a playoff game.

:rolleyes:

does distance traveled matter in a playoff game?

or is this an attempt to find something to defend?

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes:

does distance traveled matter in a playoff game?

or is this an attempt to find something to defend?

never mind, it was a rhetorical question

i already knew the answer

so what does snyder have coming back next year?

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Charles you are wasting valuable time on Mr Drool.

Hop that Patrick kid looks like a hoss. I have enjoyed this evening up until now when a certain idiot showed up. I have learned a little about Snyder.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
The stat line that really interested me was the Argyle game. It was very close.

Both teams had 386 yards of offense. Considering the fact that Argyle cannot play O as well as Snyder is supposed to that would mean that the Snyder D had some problems with covering the pass.
JJ is a good QB but you will find that Seth is an excellent passer both in the pocket and on the move. And we have several hands guys with good speed.

After looking at the teams you played Argyle has the best O you faced. But what is most interesting is how Massey rates each team.

Argyle 13 on O and 38 on D.
Snyder 9 on O and 44 on D.

Even match. Methinks Massey may be on to something.

BTW CElina 3 on O and 1 on D.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Snyder knows how to winh against top-notch competition. It's oing to be a great game. Rankings and stats don't really mean much, it's how the players perform on game day.

Oh contraire mon ami..... Stats show how the team has performed on game day over every game this year. And show how a team can perform if they are on their game. So stats are in fact a reality that must be dealt with not dismissed.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Hop that Patrick kid looks like a hoss. I have enjoyed this evening up until now when a certain idiot showed up. I have learned a little about Snyder.

i know

i've been out in the field doing some collapsed building/casualty extraction stuff (crawling through tight spaces, dangling off of the sides of buildings, etc)

i guess after a few days i just needed to feel some excitement

;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
i know

i've been out in the field doing some collapsed building/casualty extraction stuff (crawling through tight spaces, dangling off of the sides of buildings, etc)

i guess after a few days i just needed to feel some excitement

;)

Well if it gets much more exciting I am going to head to shotwell now.

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Well if it gets much more exciting I am going to head to shotwell now.
speaking of,

i like shotwell

orange, dead grass and all

or is it turf now?

trojan37
12-12-2007, 08:17 PM
It's hard for me to make a prediction on this one, not ever seeing Snyder play. On the other hand I have been able to see Celina, so here is what I believe they have going for them.

1. Tradition- These kids are bred to win. Just when you think you have them down, you don't.

2. Leadership- 29 seniors on this squad.

3. Coaching- It's obvious these kids are a well oiled machine.

Watching the West-Celina game we were only down 7-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, so we are telling our kids, you are in this game don't give up. BAM,BAM! Celina 21-0 just like that! They can score very quickly and attack the ball on defense. I'm not saying Snyder can't win, just that Celina impressed me with their quick strike ability on offense, their "blitz every play" defense, and Penn St. bound D'Anton Lynn, who will rip your head off if you're anywhere in his time zone.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
speaking of,

i like shotwell

or is it turf now?

It's turf now....very nice field and stadium. They have the largest animation screen in the state (for a high school field).

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
speaking of,

i like shotwell

or is it turf now?

maybe this game will be like the last celina visit?

(59-7 against Stanton in 2000)

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 08:57 PM

I just want to say I back Region 2! Go Buckeyes! Shock the world! bobcat, I know that you are impressed with Meighan but I'm telling you Samia is a blocking machine. If it were up to him they would run to his side all night long, it's just not his choice.:D

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
some stats

Snyder:

Will Clay, RB
2,969 yards
41 Touchdowns

Lance Day, QB
877'ish' yards rushing
(ypr and TD's not mentioned in source, Lubbock news site)

Chase Arrendale, FB
658 yards

Celina rushing:

Charley Waldrep, RB
1,530 yards (8.1ypr)
30 Touchdowns

Troy McCartney, FB
1,029 yards (9.2ypr)
12 Touchdowns

Seth Davis, QB
539 yards (5.6ypr)
4 Touchdowns

Caleb Myers, RB
428 yards (6.7ypr)
7 Touchdowns

Jose Romero, RB/WR
359 yards (7.6ypr)
9 touchdowns

Doesn't look like snyder has a huge advantage in the running game, and given that celina's defense is better (and better equipped to stop the run) it seems like the bobcats are good enough to hang around

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 09:11 PM
some stats

Snyder:

Will Clay, RB
2,969 yards
41 Touchdowns

Lance Day, QB
877'ish' yards rushing
(ypr and TD's not mentioned in source, Lubbock news site)

Chase Arrendale, FB
658 yards

Celina rushing:

Charley Waldrep, RB
1,530 yards (8.1ypr)
30 Touchdowns

Troy McCartney, FB
1,029 yards (9.2ypr)
12 Touchdowns

Seth Davis, QB
539 yards (5.6ypr)
4 Touchdowns

Caleb Myers, RB
428 yards (6.7ypr)
7 Touchdowns

Jose Romero, RB/WR
359 yards (7.6ypr)
9 touchdowns

Doesn't look like snyder has a huge advantage in the running game, and given that celina's defense is better (and better equipped to stop the run) it seems like the bobcats are good enough to hang around

You should throw in the passing stats.

Seth
1617 yards passing

Lance
?

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
bobcat, I know that you are impressed with Meighan but I'm telling you Samia is a blocking machine. If it were up to him they would run to his side all night long, it's just not his choice.:D What's Samia's number? I love me some line play. This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Not by Clay or Day or Waldrep, McCartney, Davis , or Romero. It will be won in the mass of humanity call the line.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM

Seth
1617 yards passing

Lance
? What's a pass?:confused: :confused:

:D :D :D

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
What's Samia's number? I love me some line play. This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Not by Clay or Day or Waldrep, McCartney, Davis , or Romero. It will be won in the mass of humanity call the line.

I just want to say I back Region 2! Go Buckeyes! Shock the world! #53

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
#53 I'll be watching him too then.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I like this one from the Vernon game.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/dann.jpg

charlesrixey
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Seth
1617 yards passing

Lance
?

seeing as how snyder's argument is clay will run it down our throat, i figured comparing their rushing offense with ours was approriate

bobcat1
12-12-2007, 09:33 PM

I bet the air is about to leave 18. LMAO Pass the syrup

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh contraire mon ami..... Stats show how the team has performed on game day over every game this year. And show how a team can perform if they are on their game. So stats are in fact a reality that must be dealt with not dismissed.

So, since "stats are in fact a reality" how many thousands do you have on this with your local bookie? Or maybe in Vegas. Since you all seem to believe that stats are in fact "predictors" instead of indicators, I would think that you would have your house bet on the outcome of this game.

Just stating facts - Celina has not played Snyder, there is no "Predictor" for this game or the UIL would not play the games, the reality will be on the field with a bunch of unpredictable teen-age boys Saturday afternoon.

I do hope that each team is able to play to their potential and the best team does win. My only problem is I don't know which team is the best one yet!

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM

Yeah, that guy got up a little after the offense got back to the sideline after that TD

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I bet the air is about to leave 18. LMAO Pass the syrup :evillol: :evillol: There was a temporary break in the action after the air left his body.:D

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
So, since "stats are in fact a reality" how many thousands do you have on this with your local bookie? Or maybe in Vegas. Since you all seem to believe that stats are in fact "predictors" instead of indicators, I would think that you would have your house bet on the outcome of this game.

Just stating facts - Celina has not played Snyder, there is no "Predictor" for this game or the UIL would not play the games, the reality will be on the field with a bunch of unpredictable teen-age boys Saturday afternoon.

I do hope that each team is able to play to their potential and the best team does win. My only problem is I don't know which team is the best one yet!

I did not say predictors. You did. I said they were an indication of events that had happened and could happen. How do you think the bookies set the spread?

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I did not say predictors. You did. I said they were an idication of events that had happened and could happen. How do you think the bookies set the spread?

Bookies set the spread on what it takes to have as much money bet on one team as is bet on the other! They do not make their money outbetting you, they make their money on the vig, they are assured of their profit by takeing part of your bet and part of mine and they do not care who wins. They use the stats to start a betting line but it is moved by the money bet on each side.

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
No Billyfred, YOU did not say predictor, but it is being championed by some Celina fans

That is what ULTIMATELY what matters.
and you can predict things. There is, however a difference between predicting and guessing. Thought process and not homerism. Root for who you want and cheer them to victory but try to use your brain pan for a little more than coming up with your next post. Do a little digging and use those stats for your own good.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
We have a very good offense that points can show but I think a better indicator is the number of punts. We punted twice in the last three games if memory serves. I would be curious to know how many times Snyder punted against Vernon. Vernon has a top 10 D although their weakness would be a power game up the gut and off tackle which is what I think Snyder does best with it's solid offensive line.

I don't remember us punting at all aginst Vernon.

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

We didn't, and after we blocked theirs, they didn't bother trying it anymore.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
bobcat, here is a better picture of Will breaking the safeties tackle and running over him. I made it bigger because it has Patrick in it.:D

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/meig.jpg

Who-dun-it!!?
12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL, you mean the "older" fans.:D :D

Some games make me really nervous and jumpy lol

Careful there youngin!!:hand:

LHPfactory
12-12-2007, 10:20 PM
I see 45-14 Celina

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 10:24 PM

We never punted. Why should we when the offense moves up and down the field with Will.

:D

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 10:25 PM

Yea, he's probably our third best linemen on the best offensive line in the state.

75009Football
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't mean to sound like a smart aleck here but of course Coach Rogers has ask for game tapes. We are proud of our coaching staff and think that they are as good as the coaches in any other 3A town in the state of Texas. I'm sure he could answer every question that you have asked above, but then again why would he? Celina may or may not blow the Tigers off the field but whether they win or lose the Tiger coaching staff will have the players ready to play. I was just discussing with 325 the merits of using his mind to meld stats in an attempt to predict the outcomes of various situations rather than just guessing about what might happen. It seems young 325 gets flustered quite easily, loses control of his senses, and starts typing the first thing that comes to his mind. Since that is a quick trip, and his fingers are typing so fast, he makes quite a few mistakes. I'm sure you have noticed this phenomenon lately.

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 10:34 PM

When Clay is in the open field, sometimes he slows down so he can find a defender to run over.

DaHop72
12-12-2007, 10:37 PM
I was just discussing with 325 the merits of using his mind to meld stats in an attempt to predict the outcomes of various situations rather than just guessing about what might happen. It seems young 325 gets flustered quite easily, loses control of his senses, and starts typing the first thing that comes to his mind. Since that is a quick trip, and his fingers are typing so fast, he makes quite a few mistakes. I'm sure you have noticed this phenomenon lately. Lately, how about all the time.:D Young 325 reads the last post on the thread and then starts typing so without a doubt he has no time to formulate an opinion. And statistics for 325 is changing his predicted score 4 or 5 times before the game starts.:devil: :devil:

75009Football
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM

But if we left it up to game day it would be very boring around here. And I do believe if Massey's had Snyder listed as the #1 Offense and the #1 Defense in the State, we would be hearing about it on every post on every web site every day.

When it works for you use it, when it doesn't, abuse it.

75009Football
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/dann.jpg Nice Tackle. Wrapped #18 up pretty and took him to the ground. Good pic.

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Nice Tackle. Wrapped #18 up pretty and took him to the ground. Good pic.

That photo will repeat many times on Saturday. Celina defenders will view No. 28 from the back as he runs into the end zone.

75009Football
12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
No Billyfred, YOU did not say predictor, but it is being championed by some Celina fans Sorry redneck but you need to read, or post, the entire post. 325 made a statement you cant predict anything. That is just not correct. A few posters have predicted Celina and a few have predicted Snyder. Some have said Snyder 62-0 and some have said Celina 49-0. But I did not predict anything nor did Billyfred nor is it being championed by some Celina fans. Get your shirt strait, your tail needs tucked in in the back. 325 was just blowin his mouth/fingers and guess he's not been back since.

Now lets talk football and discuss how Snyder's D is going to stop 3 backs. Any idea?

Ranks dont mean jack. You can't predict anything!

If Celina played Argyle for the 3rd round, you don't know if they would of or wouldn't of scored more than once!

What matters is who ever comes to play on game day! We'll see you there!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is what ULTIMATELY what matters. But you're gettin you're but kicked here because you dont want to sit and discuss, you just want to YELL.

Snydertigersrul
12-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry redneck but you need to read, or post, the entire post. 325 made a statement you cant predict anything. That is just not correct. A few posters have predicted Celina and a few have predicted Snyder. Some have said Snyder 62-0 and some have said Celina 49-0. But I did not predict anything nor did Billyfred nor is it being championed by some Celina fans. Get your shirt strait, your tail needs tucked in in the back. 325 was just blowin his mouth/fingers and guess he's not been back since.

Now lets talk football and discuss how Snyder's D is going to stop 3 backs. Any idea?

Yea, you better worry how you are going to stop the Snyder offense

75009Football
12-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Lately, how about all the time.:D Young 325 reads the last post on the thread and then starts typing so without a doubt he has no time to formulate an opinion. And statistics for 325 is changing his predicted score 4 or 5 times before the game starts.:devil: :devil: LOL. Is it past 325's bed time or did he just stay up too late last night? Have not heard from him for some time.

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Nice Tackle. Wrapped #18 up pretty and took him to the ground. Good pic.
No tackle, his arms are out to the side after he blew 18 up

kepdawg
12-12-2007, 11:29 PM
So, what kind of crazy plays is Celina going to roll out this week?

Technoredneck
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Sorry redneck but you need to read, or post, the entire post. 325 made a statement you cant predict anything. That is just not correct. A few posters have predicted Celina and a few have predicted Snyder. Some have said Snyder 62-0 and some have said Celina 49-0. But I did not predict anything nor did Billyfred nor is it being championed by some Celina fans. Get your shirt strait, your tail needs tucked in in the back. 325 was just blowin his mouth/fingers and guess he's not been back since.

I did read it all!

There are a few things that can be predicted <accurately>, but HS football is not one of them.

You want to discuss? Tell me how the 10-1 is going to stop Will Clay?

kepdawg
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I did read it all!

There are a few things that can be predicted, but HS football is not one of them.

What's this 10-1 I keep hearing about? :thinking:

Balcones fault
12-12-2007, 11:38 PM
For what its worth, I've seen Celina stop the dominant runner-led teams in about 6-7 playoff games, historically. They were not as successful against a 3 back attack that LH had, though they kept it very close in an excellent game. I'm just saying that Celina has seen talented backs before, and Snyder will need some different tricks/looks/options to stay in the game. Celina tends to have great defense and its beautiful to watch.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, just a fan. All the best and congratulations to both teams for getting this far.

CelinaProud
12-13-2007, 12:54 AM
I did read it all!

There are a few things that can be predicted <accurately>, but HS football is not one of them.

Well, for what it's worth, if ten guys in the box can't stop him, then I guess the NFL will be sorry they have to wait three years for his talent.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Middle men: Celina D-line counted on to slow Snyder RB

Dec 13, 2007 - 00:05:19 CST
By Bill Spinks
Herald Democrat

CELINA — The farther along Celina advances in the state playoffs, the more challenging it gets for its defense.

The Bobcats have been rarely tested so far, but will have to contend with Snyder star running back Will Clay on Saturday in the Class 3A Division II state semifinals. That job will fall largely upon Celina’s interior linemen. “They’re going to play a big part in this football game,” said Celina coach Butch Ford. “They don’t get a lot of recognition, but if we’re successful defensively, it’s because they’ve done a great job.”

Seniors Troy Franklin, Leland Booher, Daniel Antwiler and Daniel Dushman have formed a very solid backbone for a steady defense that has allowed on average only 77.5 yards per game on the ground, and has let only four opponents top 100 yards all year.

Franklin, a 6-foot-5, 255-pounder who has verbally committed to North Texas, is a three-year starter.

“He kind of surprised us when he was a sophomore,” Ford said. “We were looking for a defensive tackle and he kept performing, so we moved him in, and the next thing, he’s playing there. He looks more like an offensive lineman, but he gets the job done.”

Franklin, who also comes in on offense occasionally to play a blocking tight end, is the steadiest performer among the interior linemen.

“Troy’s the most fired-up player out there,” said Booher, one of his line mates. “It helps when you’ve got a big ol’ boy like that with a lot of motivation.”

Franklin said his job is simple: Penetrate the line, make tackles, and not miss assignments.

“We’re very on-key when the game starts,” he said, “and we never mess up on any tackles.”

Franklin will be joined at UNT next fall by his older brother Tyler, a member of Celina’s 2005 state championship team who was forced to give up a college football career because of a bout with bone cancer which was diagnosed less than a week after he had signed with Texas A&M-Commerce.

Troy said Tyler, now a student at Oklahoma State, will transfer to UNT and become a student assistant with the Mean Green’s strength and conditioning program.

The other three tackles work more anonymously, but are no less effective in helping shut down the opposition’s run. Ford said Antwiler embodies the philosophy of his team’s defensive scheme.

“Daniel’s a real quiet kid and not very big, but he’s very good at what he does,” Ford said. “He gets after it and plays really hard. He’s one of those guys who make sacrifices so others can make plays.”

Antwiler, a two-year starter, said the job this week will be no different: plugging holes and getting into the Snyder backfield.

“None of us are real selfish players,” Antwiler said. “We don’t try to go get the tackles. If that requires not getting the tackles, we don’t get it. The more linemen blocking us, the less that are blocking the linebackers.”

Booher last year played some at defensive end and backed up all-state player Jamie Blatnick, who is now a freshman at Oklahoma State. This year, Booher, Antwiler and Dushman rotate at the tackle position opposite Franklin.

“It’s fun going all this way,” Booher said. “It’s real exciting, especially on the defensive line. We just have that fire, that want-to.”

Booher, who again is rotating between tackle and end this season, is known as a bit of a cut-up on the team, but backs it up with solid performance.

“He’s an effort player,” Ford said of Booher. “He may do things a little bit off the wall and oddballish, but he makes plays. You don’t have to wonder about whether he’s trying hard or not; he always does.”

The fourth member of the corps, Dushman, also drew praise from Ford.

“Daniel’s really steady,” Ford said. “He’ll do anything you ask him to do, anyday, anytime, and never bat an eye and never question you. He’ll just go do what you ask him to do. You can’t beat that.”

Clay, a 6-2, 205-pound senior, is 38 yards short of 3,000 on the year and has topped 200 yards in each of the Tigers’ four playoff games. He had 298 yards and four touchdowns against Argyle, then followed that up last week with a 246-yard, three-TD performance in a 36-21 win over Vernon.

“The reason he’s got all those yards is they’ve got an excellent offensive line,” Ford said, “but he’s very good, too.”

In order to slow down Snyder’s star, Ford said, the Bobcats’ tackles will have to continue to fulfill their job requirements — and do it flawlessly.

“We’re going to have to have penetration up front and we’ll have to wrap up,” Ford said. “That’s asking a lot, because he’s a load. He’s a big kid and he can run.”

Celina’s interior stalwarts are looking forward to the key matchup.

“I think it’s a good thing that he’s a good running back because we haven’t faced any good running backs yet,” Franklin said. “A lot of people are talking about how our defensive line was so-so. (If) we can shut down a running back that rushes for 3,000 yards, that would say something in Class 3A.”

LINK (http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/2007/12/13/sports/doc4760cb45db6f3215333814.txt)

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

“The reason he’s got all those yards is they’ve got an excellent offensive line,” Ford said, “but he’s very good, too.”

In order to slow down Snyder’s star, Ford said, the Bobcats’ tackles will have to continue to fulfill their job requirements — and do it flawlessly.

“We’re going to have to have penetration up front and we’ll have to wrap up,” Ford said. “That’s asking a lot, because he’s a load. He’s a big kid and he can run.”

Celina’s interior stalwarts are looking forward to the key matchup.
“I think it’s a good thing that he’s a good running back because we haven’t faced any good running backs yet,” Franklin said. “A lot of people are talking about how our defensive line was so-so. (If) we can shut down a running back that rushes for 3,000 yards, that would say something in Class 3A.”

LINK (http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/2007/12/13/sports/doc4760cb45db6f3215333814.txt)

:thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking:

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 09:50 AM
DANG IT! I wish I could be here for this one! DANG IT! DANG IT! DANG IT! Dang company Christmas party that I dont really even care to go to.:mad: It's for the company my wife works for.
I may have to fake a bad stomach virous. Thats it, red beans, jalapenos and prunes ought to do the trick.
OK now, who's setting next to me at the game?:D

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Here's a realistic prediction:

Will Clay will not run for more than 200 yards for a fifth consecutive playoff game

celina wins

Daddy D 11
12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
ill concur with that statement rixey

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I may have to fake a bad stomach virous. Thats it, red beans, jalapenos and prunes ought to do the trick.
OK now, who's setting next to me at the game?:D
I cast my vote for 325. :eek: :eek: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I cast my vote for 325. :eek: :eek: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
:thinking: I'm trying to decide who your trying to punish most here. :devil:

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
ill concur with that statement rixey And you saw Snyder and Celina play when?:thinking: :thinking: :doh: :doh:

Maybe I need to go over to the Liberty Hill/Gilmer thread and post since I did see Gilmer play in '04.:devil: :devil:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 10:18 AM
And you saw Snyder and Celina play when?:thinking: :thinking: :doh: :doh:

Maybe I need to go ove to the Liberty Hill/Gilmer thread and post since I did see Gilmer play in '04.:devil: :devil:

LOL

I like this quote from the article:

“We’re very on-key when the game starts,” he said, “and we never mess up on any tackles.”

Now, I haven't seen Celina since last year, but NEVER is stretching it since I did see them mess up a few times last year. ;)

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!! SHOCK THE WORLD!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL

Now, I haven't seen Celina since last year, but NEVER is stretching it since I did see them mess up a few times last year. ;)

Now P4S, I think your eyes were deceiving you, after all this IS Celina we're talking about.;)

HAN SING
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/events/2006/1111_klitschko_brock/482x246/dragov_482x246.jpg
What Ever He Hits... He Destroys.
http://www.snyder.esc14.net/applications/igallery/image_go.php?outVOU=$outVOU&ofolder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-609&folder=/web_disk/1-1/gallery-609/preview&image=c7.jpg

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by HAN SING
http://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/events/2006/1111_klitschko_brock/482x246/dragov_482x246.jpg
What Ever He Hits... He Destroys.
[/IMG]

Yeah, but look at him now. This picture was taken 6 months
after he hooked up with Bridgette Nielsin.

http://www.sportguide.ru/photos/kirilenko_andrei_1.jpg

lynx_rufus
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah, but look at him now. This picture was taken 6 months
after he hooked up with Bridgette Nielsin.

http://www.sportguide.ru/photos/kirilenko_andrei_1.jpg
Wait until he meets that gal named Celina!

Where is 325 when I am looking for a word? What kind of slapping will Celina put on him?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: At a minimum it is a bad case of the clap. :D

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:11 PM
LOL

What on earth are you talking about?

When did you see Celina last year?

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 01:21 PM
What on earth are you talking about?

When did you see Celina last year?
:doh: :doh: :doh: You were there, too.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:22 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: You were there, too.

But that's not the only time she saw Celina?

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
But that's not the only time she saw Celina?
You're confusing me. :p Or maybe she confused you. :D Or maybe we're both confused. :eek:

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
You're confusing me. :p Or maybe she confused you. :D Or maybe we're both confused. :eek:

I just want her to clarify her statement.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I just want her to clarify her statement.

What didn't you understand? I have only seen Celina once when they played LH last year.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
What didn't you understand? I have only seen Celina once when they played LH last year.

You said you saw them mess up tackles a few times. I wanted to know what you were talking about.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
You said you saw them mess up tackles a few times. I wanted to know what you were talking about. Well, there were two long runs for TDs in that game. I don't know awhole lot about football, being a girl and all, but someone had to miss some tackles for that to happen, no?

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, there were two long runs for TDs in that game. I don't know awhole lot about football, being a girl and all, but someone had to miss some tackles for that to happen, no?

Now you're changing the word! :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Now you're changing the word! :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Have I told you how much I like your signature? :D

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
*sigh*

Have I told you how much I like your signature? :D

Why the sigh? If you'd make up your mind between messed up tackles and missed tackles there'd be no confusion! :)

Your Shadow
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Here's a realistic prediction:

Will Clay will not run for more than 200 yards for a fifth consecutive playoff game

celina wins

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
edited due to copyright......lhpm

LINK (http://www.heralddemocrat.com/)

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Why the sigh? If you'd make up your mind between messed up tackles and missed tackles there'd be no confusion! :) I wasn't the one that was confused! And messed up wasn't MY word. I went off the quote, but YOU knew that!! :tongue:

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
edited due to copyright......lhpm

LINK (http://www.heralddemocrat.com/)

Let the record show I have never wanted a Snyder football
team to win so bad in my entire life as I do in this game.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I wasn't the one that was confused! And messed up wasn't MY word. I went off the quote, but YOU knew that!! :tongue:

Exactly! You didn't see Celina mess up tackles! You saw them miss tackles! :D

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Exactly! You didn't see Celina mess up tackles! You saw them miss tackles! :D I'm gonna smack you!

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Why in the heck is the "post reply" button so far over to the right??

I am scrolling for days!!

ANYWHO......I would think if you missed a tackle then you messed up!!

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why in the heck is the "post reply" button so far over to the right??

I am scrolling for days!!

ANYWHO......I would think if you missed a tackle then you messed up!!

Well, of course they messed up! They just didn't mess up a tackle! They never started a tackle to be able to mess up! :p

HAN SING
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM

ANYWHO......I would think if you missed a tackle then you messed up!! Well Han not so sure it messing up or just not have ability to tackle some backs. Some backs just hard to bring down like back from Snyder.:rolleyes:

http://www.chrisbarronengineering.com.au/images/MacSup4f_500.jpg

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, of course they messed up! They just didn't mess up a tackle! They never started a tackle to be able to mess up! :p

pshhhh:hand:

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Well Han not so sure it messing up or just not have ability to tackle some backs. Some backs just hard to bring down like back from Snyder.:rolleyes:

[

Yeah....what ^he^ said!!:tongue: :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
:thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking:
I wonder if he's just talking about this year. :thinking:

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
If you want a good example of messed up tackles see Vernon vs Snyder. Clay ran over and through some people, but Vernon messed up more tackles than I had ever seen!

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I wonder if he's just talking about this year. :thinking: The quote that started all this said NEVER!!

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
The quote that started all this said NEVER!!

Exactly NEVER this year. :p

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Exactly NEVER this year. :p

NEVER is NEVER!

I'm gonna smack you again!

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
NEVER is NEVER!

I'm gonna smack you again!

I won't try to explain it to you.

pirate4state
12-13-2007, 02:47 PM
I won't try to explain it to you.

Believe it or not I understand, but I'm still gonna smack you! :)

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
The quote that started all this said NEVER!!
:p I was referring to the comment Hops quoted about "not having faced a good running back". :p

lynx_rufus
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, 325, Blue and the rest of us have nothing on the refs.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
35-13 Celina, once again

Your Shadow
12-13-2007, 03:51 PM
35-13 Celina, once again

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
35-13 Celina, once again

Rixey how did you get your shadow on here? :thinking:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Sit by me SR!! I'll bring ya a black & gold shirt to wear!!!

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Rixey how did you get your shadow on here? :thinking:

i seriously don't know who that is but it is pretty funny

especially since they are member # 7777

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Sit by me SR!! I'll bring ya a black & gold shirt to wear!!!

Well, it looks like I'm riding with DaHop to the game. He may
not want me to sit with him when we get there though.:D

I'd be glad to sit with you.

I was disappointed that, out of the 15 posters that showed up
at the M&G at the Vernon game, no one offered let us sit with them.:(

I walked away from the M&G smelling my arm pits.:D

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

:confused: :confused: You were there?? I didn't even see you!! Was who-dun-it there too?? I didn't see him either!!:doh:

There was plenty of room up where we were sitting!!

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 05:34 PM
:confused: :confused: You were there?? I didn't even see you!! Was who-dun-it there too?? I didn't see him either!!:doh:

Yes!

I stood next to you and G2 while ya'll were talking about
possible playoff sites. I leaned in waiting for one of you to invite
me into the conversation. But, noooooooooooooooooooo. :D

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM

You had not found a place to sit by halftime? :thinking:

runtherace
12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
[

You want to discuss? Tell me how the 10-1 is going to stop Will Clay? [/B]

I keep seeing a lot of posts wanting to talk about formations strategies etc, but some questions just seem to be ignored. The reply to this question was only an article with comments from the players, no x's and o's , or anything of the such. I kinda think it's a pertinent question since Snyder is only "a one-man show". And with the reply maybe some real "how we will do it" instead of just more stats form previous "great teams, or runnings backs" you have played. Thanks ahead for adding to the intelligent discussion.

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
You had not found a place to sit by halftime? :thinking:

No.

I wasn't looking for a place to sit. I was looking for a poster or
group of posters to sit with.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by runtherace
I keep seeing a lot of posts wanting to talk about formations strategies etc, but some questions just seem to be ignored. The reply to this question was only an article with comments from the players, no x's and o's , or anything of the such. I kinda think it's a pertinent question since Snyder is only "a one-man show". And with the reply maybe some real "how we will do it" instead of just more stats form previous "great teams, or runnings backs" you have played. Thanks ahead for adding to the intelligent discussion.

I posted the article and it was in no way intended as a reply to that question.

I still want to know what the 10-1 is that I keep hearing everyone talk about.

I don't think I've seen it this year.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
No.

I wasn't looking for a place to sit. I was looking for a poster or
group of posters to sit with.

I'm sorry! If I would have known that I would have let you sit with G2!

Ranger Mom
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes!

I stood next to you and G2 while ya'll were talking about
possible playoff sites. I leaned waiting for one of you to invite
me into the conversation. But, noooooooooooooooooooo. :D

I'm so sorry!! I feel guilty now!!! Next time get my attention somehow, pull my hair, or kick G2 in the shin or something!!:p

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry!! I feel guilty now!!! Next time get my attention somehow, pull my hair, or kick G2 in the shin or something!!:p

When I first walked into the gate, I saw a women with blond
hair and wearing a Greenwood color wind breaker. I hollered
"Ranger Mom, Ranger Mom". I was gonna ask "you" where
everyone was sitting. When I got to the M&G, I realized that
wasn't you.:doh: :nerd:

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry! If I would have known that I would have let you sit with G2! It would have be cool to have seen Sweetwater Red ring shakina's bell.:devil: :devil:

runtherace
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I posted the article and it was in no way intended as a reply to that question.

I still want to know what the 10-1 is that I keep hearing everyone talk about.

I don't think I've seen it this year.

Sorry about that. So now we have 2 questions for Celina followers concerning "the game". Real football answers appreciated.

Your Shadow
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM

CelinaProud
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM

block&tackle
12-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Sorry, that one won't be answered.

Last time someone from Celina tried to answer that question on the DL (about 51 weeks ago) he ended up getting banned from practices and got a pretty serious chewing out. Whether the info would help Snyder is doubtful and irrellevant - it just isn't considered cool around here.

The other reason is that even a good portion of the Celina posters couldn't tell you why it will be particullarly effective against Snyder's offensive scheme. They just know that it almost always does so they are more able to give examples than reasons.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Sorry about that. So now we have 2 questions for Celina followers concerning "the game". Real football answers appreciated.

Celina runs out of a multiple defensive sets but it is dictated somewhat by the offensive formation. The 10 - 1 is a defense that you will not see or have not seen anywhere else. If Coach Ford plans to use it this week, I will let him introduce it thru the team. I honestly have not seen enough practice to have a clue as to what d or plans he is up to.

I got to see a little practice today and I still marvel at the three ring circus we run.Two scout teams running, one against the front 7 and one against the corners and a third group working on pass coverage technique. And these were all likely starters or rotaters on the defense. I did not stay for the offense very much except to see that both QB's were sharp on their passes.

Weather forecast looks decent with a game time temp of 49 and winds staying under the 15 mph with a few gusts. It will feel a little cool but not bad.

CelinaProud
12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle

Last time someone from Celina tried to answer that question on the DL (about 51 weeks ago) he ended up getting banned from practices and got a pretty serious chewing out. Whether the info would help Snyder is doubtful and irrellevant - it just isn't considered cool around here.

The other reason is that even a good portion of the Celina posters couldn't tell you why it will be particullarly effective against Snyder's offensive scheme. They just know that it almost always does so they are more able to give examples than reasons.

WOW! I do apologize then for even trying to respond. However, basic football defense knowledge knows the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Logic can then deduce what 10-1 is. It doesn't matter anyway, we've traded film, and everyone knows Celina is the only school that runs it successfully. However, if I offended anyone, you do have my apologies. It wasn't intentional.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2007, 07:25 PM

Yea buddy. Let's just let Coach Ford show them. I do love to watch that d work no matter what run they use. Although I will admit I was getting tired of watching us play against the spread so much. Watching Snyders I formation running system and a double tight end set will be a pleasant change of scenery.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
WOW! I do apologize then for even trying to respond. However, basic football defense knowledge knows the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Logic can then deduce what 10-1 is. It doesn't matter anyway, we've traded film, and everyone knows Celina is the only school that runs it successfully. However, if I offended anyone, you do have my apologies. It wasn't intentional.

Don't worry. Your basic definition does not explain how it works. Just desribes the formation. When you say spread for instance all know what the formation looks like. But you can only guess at how it will be used.

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
everyone knows Celina is the only school that runs it successfully. However, if I offended anyone, you do have my apologies. It wasn't intentional.

wow - I have tried to stay out of all this - but I just have to comment.. WOW..........

block&tackle
12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Your answer was not a problem. Nobody offended I'm sure although I am surely not the arbiter of what it accepted or not. I just know that regardless of film or summer clinics where Coach Ford freely discusses it, it is not appreciated when we get too specific about x's and o's on the message board. Some folks whose hearts are in the right place and are pretty knowedgable and like to share their knowledge just need a reminder this time of year - it is our place to get on here and talk trash and have fun and support our boys. :cool:

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 08:07 PM

LOL, sorry but this is laughable. I seriously doubt any coaches come to the DL to get help with their strategy by way of a secret divulging post by a fan. I'm sure he would trust what he has seen on film and scouting reports from his assistants first and probably only. If he's on the DL looking for answers, my guess is his team was eliminated many weeks ago. So I seriously doubt any Celina poster could post a single thing on here that is going to make the slightest difference in the outcome of this or any other game. LOL

bobcat1
12-13-2007, 08:13 PM
LOL, sorry but this is laughable. I seriously doubt any coaches come to the DL to get help with their strategy by way of a secret divulging post by a fan. I'm sure he would trust what he has seen on film and scouting reports from his assistants first and probably only. If he's on the DL looking for answers, my guess is his team was eliminated many weeks ago. So I seriously doubt any Celina poster could post a single thing on here that is going to make the slightest difference in the outcome of this or any other game. LOL

I can assure you coaches read these posts. Every school I have been around had coaches reading these posts. Whether they glean any info or not I can't say. I do know that Some schools still playing have coaches reading these posts if only for entertainment or bulletin board material like 3 1/4 and Mr Drool puts out. :D

bobcat1
12-13-2007, 08:19 PM

Let the record show I asked him if he had 2 hands. Want in one hand and ..........you know the rest. Need a handy wipe? :p :p

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 08:25 PM
so where is wildtexan these days?

i'm surprised he hasn't surfaced in recent weeks

Who-dun-it!!?
12-13-2007, 08:33 PM

I was at the game, but I didn't make the M&G. The wife made me go to the consession stand at halftime. I'll be at the game saturday too, n I'll try to remember the M&G.

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
So Celina fans want questions answered but don't want to answer any? :thinking:

What's the matter, are they scared? :D

bobcat1
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
So Celina fans want questions answered but don't want to answer any? :thinking:

What's the matter, are they scared? :D

Heck I'll answer them. What do you want to know?

OldNavy
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I am surprised that there are people seriously picking Celina to win this game. Looking at the enrollment fugures posted on the UIL site, Snyder, at 678, has 249 more students and their school is fully one third larger than Celina. Statistically, there should be more gifted athletes to choose from than Celina could muster. Therefore, Snyder should be the favorite due to shear size in numbers. I would consider it an upset if the much smaller Celina were to defeat Snyder. Statistically Snyder should have bigger, taller, faster players.

A quick look at the 2000 US Census data shows that Snyder had a population of 10,783 and Celina's population was only 1863. Now I think Celina is currently reported to be just over 5000 but still that should give Snyder a distinct advantage. If the same percentage of fans support their teams, Snyder should bring twice as many people to the game as Celina.

How can anyone seriously think Celina is a major favorite, rather than a major underdog? Why heck, it doesn't quite seem fair.

wtxfootball08
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I don't think Snyder's 3-3-5 is going to cut it against Celina.

Celina 52
Snyder 27

25 points? wow
well honestly i dont think snyder will lose, because i think there is still one upset(if you want to call it an upset) left in 3a this year, and snyder has more threats than just will clay(who celina will have enough trouble with).
but regaurdless i will be there with the rest of my clyde friends pulling for the Tigers.
(goodluck)

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I am surprised that there are people seriously picking Celina to win this game. Looking at the enrollment fugures posted on the UIL site, Snyder, at 678, has 249 more students and their school is fully one third larger than Celina. Statistically, there should be more gifted athletes to choose from than Celina could muster. Therefore, Snyder should be the favorite due to shear size in numbers. I would consider it an upset if the much smaller Celina were to defeat Snyder. Statistically Snyder should have bigger, taller, faster players.

A quick look at the 2000 US Census data shows that Snyder had a population of 10,783 and Celina's population was only 1863. Now I think Celina is currently reported to be just over 5000 but still that should give Snyder a distinct advantage. If the same percentage of fans support their teams, Snyder should bring twice as many people to the game as Celina.

How can anyone seriously think Celina is a major favorite, rather than a major underdog? Why heck, it doesn't quite seem fair.

I was wondering if that was tongue in cheek but thought that I would provide that in our district, Frisco Wakeland turned in over 1400 for the next alignment. They will be 4a next year.
I think they were our toughest opponent this year and we did beat them soundly allowing 30 yards of O.
36-0. Frisco Wakeland beat Argyle 43-26. Or to put it another way. They scored 9 more points on argyle than snyder and allowed 1 less point.

Snydertigersrul
12-13-2007, 09:29 PM

Don't forget to bring your crying towel, you will need it Saturday night.

lynx_rufus
I do not get to go to any practices, so I will not be divuldging any secrets. LOL

Here is how the 10-1 works.

Celina puts 11 defenders on the field. The other team snaps the ball. Celina tackles the kid with the ball.

Broken down there are ten #10 defenders and one #1 defender.

Coach Ford tells his players to envision that they are Mama monsters and the other team has stolen their little brown monster egg.

Blocking schemes don't work because all 9 blocked Celina Mama monsters fight through their blocks and string the play to side lines. The one unblocked #10 monster wraps up the egg stealer. Then the #1 monster sends him off the field in that, all too often seen, drunken sailor dance.

You say, well the QB just keeps the egg (ball) for himself.

Great in theory, but the QB wants absolutely nothing to do with that little brown monster's egg once he sees what happens to his teammates. He just hands it off as quickly as possible and curls up into the fetal position until the whistle blows.

Seems to work against all teams except those that hide the little brown egg (I really hate to imagine where) and then with just a few seconds left kick the egg through the goal posts.

Any more questions?

bobcat1
1st question. Bobcat1, what time do you go to bed?
1st answer: About right now.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I was wondering if that was tongue in cheek but thought that I would provide that in our district, Frisco Wakeland turned in over 1400 for the next alignment. They will be 4a next year.
I think they were our toughest opponent this year and we did beat them soundly allowing 30 yards of O.
36-0. Frisco Wakeland beat Argyle 43-26. Or to put it another way. They scored 9 more points on argyle than snyder and allowed 1 less point.

That is exactly how to measure your next opponant. Its really the only realistic way. Common opponants tell the story. This is why i know we have our hands full this weekend.

bobcat1
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM

By 5! ;) and I ain't playin' Night all.

block&tackle
12-13-2007, 09:36 PM

:mad: I can use smaller words if you need me to.

doubtful - that means that it probably would not make any difference in the outcome of the game

irrelevant - the fact that it would have no impact on the game is not important. Respect for Celina's coaching staff is reason enough.

navscanmaster
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM

Yeah, it will be a good gift to the Snyder fans. As a matter of fact, all Celina fans should bring their crying towels to give after the game to the Snyder faithful. Shows good sportsmanship and all.:D :p

Snydertigersrul
12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I heard that they plan to play crank that snyder tiger over the loud speakers throughout the game

block&tackle
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
Seems to work against all teams except those that hide the little brown egg (I really hate to imagine where) and then with just a few seconds left kick the egg through the goal posts.

Any more questions?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kepdawg
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM

I don't need to know anything!

44INAROW
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
bulletin board material like 3 1/4 and Mr Drool puts out. :D
lol Bobcat1 - I read and re-read this several times, trying to figure out what 3 1/4 meant - then it dawned on me....... funny stuff..:D

metrotigerfan
12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
:hand: hello to all the faithful here tonight. I am new but have to laugh at all of the people who think snyder is all about will clay.

metrotigerfan
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
;) [COLOR=sandybrown]The bobcats can go ahead and key on will all they want and that is when the others will take over. Yet before that takes place you have to get beyond the 5 yard push that our big boys up front get everytime they fire off the ball. Yep I said it you have to win against our offensive line with samia, meighan, and the others first before you can stop will.

metrotigerfan
12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
And on another note your safety better eat his wheaties if clay does get out in the open field because he is not a weakling. Why do you think no one has seen much of the other backs. Maybe its because we dominate the line of scrimmage and give him that inch so he can run a mile.[B][I]let the tiger pride keep rolling!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

metrotigerfan
12-13-2007, 10:59 PM
[COLOR=sienna]Not saying this game is going to be a blow out but I am picking my boys to win it by atleast 7 points[COLOR=sienna]Tigers-35
Bobcats-28
[B][I]Go get em TIGERS:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by metrotigerfan
[COLOR=sienna]Not saying this game is going to be a blow out but I am picking my boys to win it by atleast 7 points[COLOR=sienna]Tigers-35
Bobcats-28
[B][I]Go get em TIGERS:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: Your colors aren't showing right.:doh:

metrotigerfan
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
how do i fix it

DaHop72
12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
how do i fix it Hit the color button and then type, hit preview button and you will see if it is what you want. If so, submit button.

trojan37
12-13-2007, 11:27 PM

Size of school and gifted athletes does not matter. Example, In district 12, Kennedale is by far the largest school with an enrollment of 914. West only has 514, yet we beat them in our house last year, 13-10, a district that they were supposed to have no problems with. This year they get their arse handed to them by Glen Rose, who has an enrollment of 511.5 and they only beat us (West) by 3 on their home turf.

STANG RED
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
I can assure you coaches read these posts. Every school I have been around had coaches reading these posts. Whether they glean any info or not I can't say. I do know that Some schools still playing have coaches reading these posts if only for entertainment or bulletin board material like 3 1/4 and Mr Drool puts out. :D

Sure they read them. For a good laugh maybe, but nothing more. ;)

trojan37
12-13-2007, 11:40 PM
And don't be surprised when you look at their roster, this little bitty ole' school, and their 29 seniors, and half the town suited up and on the sidelines ready to play.

charlesrixey
12-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Size of school and gifted athletes does not matter. Example, In district 12, Kennedale is by far the largest school with an enrollment of 914. West only has 514, yet we beat them in our house last year, 13-10, a district that they were supposed to have no problems with. This year they get their arse handed to them by Glen Rose, who has an enrollment of 511.5 and they only beat us (West) by 3 on their home turf.

there's a difference between 1400 and 900

but size isn't everything, and i don't think it will have that much impact on this game

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 12:50 AM
I think the 101 suited up for Celina will be okay! :)

KingRob
12-14-2007, 07:29 AM
I think Celina will win in a very good game.

Celina - 42
Snyder - 28

Good luck to both teams!

charlesrixey
12-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I think Celina will win in a very good game.

Celina - 42
Snyder - 28

Good luck to both teams!

i wish we could both be back in texas if our teams played in the title game

:(

OldNavy
12-14-2007, 07:39 AM
i wish we could both be back in texas if our teams played in the title game

:(

charlesrixey and KingRob,
You two remind me that there is more at stake than friendly competition on Friday or Saturday evenings. Thanks for your service. It is why we can play the game and speak freely. Hope you and your families have a great holiday season and looking forward to you being home again soon.

gatordaze
12-14-2007, 07:48 AM
And on another note your safety better eat his wheaties if clay does get out in the open field because he is not a weakling. Why do you think no one has seen much of the other backs. Maybe its because we dominate the line of scrimmage and give him that inch so he can run a mile.[B][I]let the tiger pride keep rolling!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Our free safety has nothing to worry about. He is a nationally ranked 4 star recruit that is going to Penn State next year. he turnerd down Florida, USC and 20+ other D1 offers. He is bigger, stronger, faster and more talented than Mr. Clay!

I can't even find Will Clay on the recruiting boards. Is he hiding?

charlesrixey
12-14-2007, 08:03 AM
charlesrixey and KingRob,
You two remind me that there is more at stake than friendly competition on Friday or Saturday evenings. Thanks for your service. It is why we can play the game and speak freely. Hope you and your families have a great holiday season and looking forward to you being home again soon.

thank you

and tell 'kenco' i proudly display the belt buckle he gave me!

:)

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Our free safety has nothing to worry about. He is a nationally ranked 4 star recruit that is going to Penn State next year. he turnerd down Florida, USC and 20+ other D1 offers. He is bigger, stronger, faster and more talented than Mr. Clay!

:doh: :doh: :doh:

OldNavy
12-14-2007, 08:38 AM
thank you

and tell 'kenco' i proudly display the belt buckle he gave me!

:)

Will do my friend, I expect to see him Saturday.

firstdown
12-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Dear Celina and Snyder,
Good luck to both of you. I have seen both teams in action this season and both are quality programs. I wish I could be there however other things will keep me away. The winner of your game will be the favorite to win a state championship.

Merry Christmas
firstdown

Your Shadow
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM

Our free safety has nothing to worry about. He is a nationally ranked 4 star recruit that is going to Penn State next year. He turnerd down the bigger, stronger, faster and more talented Mr. Clay!

Will Clay on the recruiting boards. West Texas!

garciap77
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

You will not find him sat!:p :p :p

75009Football
12-14-2007, 09:57 AM
I did read it all!

You want to discuss? Tell me how the 10-1 is going to stop Will Clay? Gap control.

Dominicfrank
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Will Clay is good, no doubt. Some of his success is due to playing against terrible run defenses and having an abocve average line. I guess you can throw in there Lance DAy the QB as well because if you over play for Clay Lance can hurt you little by little. I dont think Celina as a problem with Will. They will give up 100+ yards like they did against Aston Whiteside of Vernon last year but just like last year it will be in the fourth quater when the celina already has a big lead. Will Clay is a DII RB but a very good one. He reminds me a lot fo Abilene's Dominic Rhodes who went to Midwestern State. You never know where they go from there, Dominic made it to the pro's but as far as a high school look-a-like he looks like Dominic.

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Your Shadow
Our free safety has nothing to worry about. He is a nationally ranked 4 star recruit that is going to Penn State next year. He turnerd down the bigger, stronger, faster and more talented Mr. Clay!

Will Clay on the recruiting boards. West Texas! Han say keep telling your self that. Maybe if you keep telling your self that somehow it will become fact. Many other people have attempted to do same thing ( talk it like they want it to be) but it just didnt turn out that way. Who knows, you may end up being right unlike so so so many others who have said simular things. But maybe if you keep talking it like that then some how it will come to pass.:thumbsup:

Actualy Clay reminds Han of Eric Dickerson in his running style. Han dont know if many remember Dickerson but Clay built sort of like him and run same way. 6'2" 205

DUKE22
12-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Will Clay on the recruiting boards. West Texas! That free safty is talented, and going to Penn State does say something. However if he has the same approach that you do right now he will get trucked and it wont be pretty.

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
That free safty is talented, and going to Penn State does say something. However if he has the same approach that you do right now he will get trucked and it wont be pretty. Han think If free saftey see any film, He not feel same way. Han think free saftey somewhat understand what he is up against.

TigerPride
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
TIGERS 28 celina 19 "do it for Johnny!!"

DUKE22
12-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Han think If free saftey see any film, He not feel same way. Han think free saftey somewhat understand what he is up against. HAN needs to watch the Glen Rose game and HAN would see what DUKE see. Glen Rose back getting the best of Celina free safety. HAN will probably agree with DUKE, Glen Rose back is no WILL CLAY.

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
HAN needs to watch the Glen Rose game and HAN would see what DUKE see. Glen Rose back getting the best of Celina free safety. HAN will probably agree with DUKE, Glen Rose back is no WILL CLAY. Did Glen Rose Back "Wagon Train" Free Safety?:eek:

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Celina get to do something like dare devils in Spain love to do once a year.
http://www.comtours.com/bulls/images/p1_m01la_g.jpg

grmfan93
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
celina wins big

runtherace
12-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Some things will be determined sat. obviously, but some are obvious right now. At 6' 2" and 205 I can't see how that is smaller than your free safety's 191 lb. I have my doubts about stronger and just don't know about faster, yet. Talent we'll see. And as far as hiding I'll bet your safety finds him sat. and will probably wish he hadn't.

buff4ever
12-14-2007, 12:45 PM
DOES SNYDER HAVE A CHANCE HERE?

I haven't seen either team play, but according to the celina peeps this game will be ugly!

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Vernon had a couple of Div. 1 prospects at FS & SS didn't
they? I seem to remember them hanging from Will Clay while
he was on his way into the end zone last week.:thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

I haven't seen either team play, but according to the celina peeps this game will be ugly!

Yes....Yes.....this is a common sight in Celina. They take turns. ;)
http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/mooncrane.jpg
That's a moon in the photo. :)

gatordaze
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Some things will be determined sat. obviously, but some are obvious right now. At 6' 2" and 205 I can't see how that is smaller than your free safety's 191 lb. I have my doubts about stronger and just don't know about faster, yet. Talent we'll see. And as far as hiding I'll bet your safety finds him sat. and will probably wish he hadn't.

My point was that out of all of the players to call out D'Anton would be the last. He is the real deal and is a man amoungst boys in 3A. I would be willing to bet that he is the most highly recruited player in all of Texas 3A. He has been the best player on the field in all of our games this year and will be on Saturday!

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
I would be willing to bet that he is the most highly recruited player in all of Texas 3A.

No, but seriously.:thinking:

http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=9&c=4&yr=2008

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by lynx_rufus
I do not get to go to any practices, so I will not be divuldging any secrets. LOL

Here is how the 10-1 works.

Celina puts 11 defenders on the field. The other team snaps the ball. Celina tackles the kid with the ball.

Broken down there are ten #10 defenders and one #1 defender.

Coach Ford tells his players to envision that they are Mama monsters and the other team has stolen their little brown monster egg.

Blocking schemes don't work because all 9 blocked Celina Mama monsters fight through their blocks and string the play to side lines. The one unblocked #10 monster wraps up the egg stealer. Then the #1 monster sends him off the field in that, all too often seen, drunken sailor dance.

You say, well the QB just keeps the egg (ball) for himself.

Great in theory, but the QB wants absolutely nothing to do with that little brown monster's egg once he sees what happens to his teammates. He just hands it off as quickly as possible and curls up into the fetal position until the whistle blows.

Any more questions?

My little 'ole answer just bluntly put, sucked, compared to your analogy. You said it much better, but still, even if I knew the secrets, and I DON'T, I'm keeping my mouth SHUT! 10-1,9-2, 4-3, 3-4....huh? I need a 6-1! That's a six pack of something and one drinker! At the end of that game, I'm a winner, and you can call ME mama! :inlove:

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Your answer was not a problem. Nobody offended I'm sure although I am surely not the arbiter of what it accepted or not. I just know that regardless of film or summer clinics where Coach Ford freely discusses it, it is not appreciated when we get too specific about x's and o's on the message board. Some folks whose hearts are in the right place and are pretty knowedgable and like to share their knowledge just need a reminder this time of year - it is our place to get on here and talk trash and have fun and support our boys. :cool:
Thank GOD I'm in the right place! Trash Talk is actually WHAT I want my PhD in:)

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Surely, I'm not the first woman to tell you size doesn't matter:devil:

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 01:42 PM

The other reason is that even a good portion of the Celina posters couldn't tell you why it will be particullarly effective against Snyder's offensive scheme. They just know that it almost always does so they are more able to give examples than reasons. People in snyder understand Celina has a SPECIAL;) :p Defense. Im sure Most people in Snyder dont know much about that SPECIAL D;) Maybe the tigers can overcome it anyway.

75009Football
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
team to win so bad in my entire life as I do in this game. Dont you just wish you were playin?

75009Football
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I keep seeing a lot of posts wanting to talk about formations strategies etc, but some questions just seem to be ignored. The reply to this question was only an article with comments from the players, no x's and o's , or anything of the such. I kinda think it's a pertinent question since Snyder is only "a one-man show". And with the reply maybe some real "how we will do it" instead of just more stats form previous "great teams, or runnings backs" you have played. Thanks ahead for adding to the intelligent discussion. Fill all the gaps.

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Fill all the gaps. Question, if you attempt to fill a gap and get blown out of said gap, what would happen???:thinking: :thinking:

75009Football
12-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Its 325 reincarnated.

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Question, if you attempt to fill a gap and get blown out of said gap, what would happen???:thinking: :thinking: Dont you know DaHop72?? That not happen in this Defense. This Special defense.

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Dont you know DaHop72?? That not happen in this Defense. This Special defense.

First of all Han, you gotta speak better broken English!

75009Football
I heard that they plan to play crank that snyder tiger over the loud speakers throughout the game

So much for my cryin towel then, I'm bringin my ear plugs, for me.

CelinaProud
Question, if you attempt to fill a gap and get blown out of said gap, what would happen???:thinking: :thinking:

Okay, and I have my smart A$$ hat off, but that would be Snyder trying to run the 10-1, right?

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Dont you know DaHop72?? That not happen in this Defense. This Special defense. I forgot about that Han, that special defense is kind of like Special K isn't it. :devil: :devil:

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Okay, and I have my smart A$$ hat off, but that would be Snyder trying to run the 10-1, right? Snyder's coaches aren't smart enough to run the 10-1, they just run the draw it on the ground backlot defense.:devil: :devil:

mrescape43
12-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Will Clay is good, no doubt. Some of his success is due to playing against terrible run defenses and having an abocve average line. I guess you can throw in there Lance DAy the QB as well because if you over play for Clay Lance can hurt you little by little. I dont think Celina as a problem with Will. They will give up 100+ yards like they did against Aston Whiteside of Vernon last year but just like last year it will be in the fourth quater when the celina already has a big lead. Will Clay is a DII RB but a very good one. He reminds me a lot fo Abilene's Dominic Rhodes who went to Midwestern State. You never know where they go from there, Dominic made it to the pro's but as far as a high school look-a-like he looks like Dominic.

Dominic Rhodes signed with Tech out of HS but grades kept him out. He had offers from several D1 schools so I take this as a very good compliment for Clay.

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Some folks whose hearts are in the right place and are pretty knowedgable and like to share their knowledge just need a reminder this time of year - it is our place to get on here and talk trash and have fun and support our boys. :cool: :eek: :eek: :thinking:

interesting heehee

75009Football
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Surely, I'm not the first woman to tell you size doesn't matter:devil:

Ouch! That was below the belt!

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Snyder's coaches aren't smart enough to run the 10-1, they just run the draw it on the ground backlot defense.:devil: :devil:

Is that why that sandbox is by the football field with that sign that says, "NO DOGS ALLOWED"? I've been wondering about that for years. Huh.... :D

LOL:)

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Ouch! That was below the belt!
Literally and figuratively :devil:

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Is that why that sandbox is by the football field with that sign that says, "NO DOGS ALLOWED"? I've been wondering about that for years. Huh.... :D

LOL:) That's what it's for, sure wouldn't want you to step in it.:devil: :devil:

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
That's what it's for, sure wouldn't want you to step in it.:devil: :devil:

Oh, c'mon, we both know I have already stepped in it more than once on here:)

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh, c'mon, we both know I have already stepped in it more than once on here:)

Oh, I think everyone is covered in it! :eek: :eek: :D

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Oh, c'mon, we both know I have already stepped in it more than once on here:) :devil: :devil: You said, not me.:kiss: :kiss:

Your Shadow
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
:devil: :devil: You said, not me.:kiss: :kiss:

You did it, not me :)

75009Football
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Question, if you attempt to fill a gap and get blown out of said gap, what would happen???:thinking: :thinking: In theory, if you fill that gap and you get blown out, knocked back, on you backside and your staring up at the guy that did it to you, again, in theory, he is now standing in that gap. If all else is stalemated all across the line, his big fat backside is still filling the hole where a back could go through.

Now, if you were to get completely driven out of the gap, all positions are designed to fill voids as best as they can. If someone does get taken out of the play the two beside him fill his gap with their arms and bodies as best as they can. Same as with many other defenses. Doesn't work every time but doesn't mean you score if a D-lineman gets pushed around on a particular play either.

Cant think of too many runs up the gut weve had against us this year. Now, speed around the outside can catch us off guard and occassionally a cutback will get to us for a few but we will adjust fairly quickly.

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
:devil: :devil: You said, not me.:kiss: :kiss:

To quote your friend Blue, given all those kisses, I'm beginning to think YOU have a CRUSH on ME:)

HAN SING
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
In theory, if you fill that gap and you get blown out, knocked back, on you backside and your staring up at the guy that did it to you, again, in theory, he is now standing in that gap. If all else is stalemated all across the line, his big fat backside is still filling the hole where a back could go through.

Now, if you were to get completely driven out of the gap, all positions are designed to fill voids as best as they can. If someone does get taken out of the play the two beside him fill his gap with their arms and bodies as best as they can. Same as with many other defenses. Doesn't work every time but doesn't mean you score if a D-lineman gets pushed around on a particular play either.

Cant think of too many runs up the gut weve had against us this year. Now, speed around the outside can catch us off guard and occassionally a cutback will get to us for a few but we will adjust fairly quickly. Sounds good

Celina fans are hard core .. wow!:clap:

edited --- c'mon now that's not really necessary! ~ p4s

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh, I think everyone is covered in it! :eek: :eek: :D

Good, I actually want to be a part of that club :)

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
To quote your friend Blue, given all those kisses, I'm beginning to think YOU have a CRUSH on ME:) :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

75009Football
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds good

Celina fans are hard core .. wow!:clap:

Sounds like I'm full of it but that kid's got me beat. Holy s, that's funny. ROTFLOL. MSAS.

Where do you get all these?

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
In theory, if you fill that gap and you get blown out, knocked back, on you backside and your staring up at the guy that did it to you, again, in theory, he is now standing in that gap. If all else is stalemated all across the line, his big fat backside is still filling the hole where a back could go through.

Cant think of too many runs up the gut weve had against us this year. Now, speed around the outside can catch us off guard and occassionally a cutback will get to us for a few but we will adjust fairly quickly. Watch this clip and see what happened to #11 when he "filled" the gap.:devil:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=5711#

lynx_rufus
12-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Yes, Snyder has a chance, more than a chance. They look like they are well coached and have some solid players.

It will be fun on Saturday.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Watch this clip and see what happened to #11 when he "filled" the gap.:devil:

Haha. The TV guy said "Celeeena".:clap:

CelinaProud
12-14-2007, 03:06 PM

I don't know about all this offense and defense stuff! I just know that I like pretty clothes and shoes, and I am definitely buying my next car from STANLEY CHEVROLET! :D

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't know about all this offense and defense stuff! I just know that I like pretty clothes and shoes, and I am definitely buying my next car from STANLEY CHEVROLET! :D http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
What's funny is all the Vernon posters were talking about #11
in the same manner Celina fans are about their FS.:thinking:

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
What's funny is all the Vernon posters were talking about #11
in the same manner Celina fans are about their FS.:thinking:

What's funny is Vernon is nowhere close to the same caliber of Celina yet you think you can somehow find a comparison between the two!

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
What's funny is Vernon is nowhere close to the same caliber of Celina yet you think you can somehow find a comparison between the two!

Not comparing the team. Read the post. I was comparing the
posters opinions.

kepdawg
12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Not comparing the team. Read the post. I was comparing the
posters opinions.

Well, some posters are stupid! Lynn is good, but it doesn't matter so much anyway since Snyder won't be putting the ball in the air!

75009Football
12-14-2007, 03:42 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=5711# I dont think that kid was really "filling" any gap, do you? Looks like a cornerback cheating in and got popped by 53 cause he did not have his head on a swivel. Besides, that pop happened 8-10 yards from the line of scrimmage where 53 had time to get up a head of steam if this was a play from scrimmage and not a punt/kickoff return where the guy got popped. If Celina runs the vaunted 10-1 during the game, #53 wont be popping anyone 10 yards downfield. If Will gets loose, 53 will have to hit us in the back cause we will be chasing Will.

You will get to see some of that coming from the Celina side also. Our boys like to hear a few pops out on the field also. Should be a good game.

Any theories on how Snyder is going to stop Celina's 5,000+ yard offense?

DaHop72
12-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Any theories on how Snyder is going to stop Celina's 5,000+ yard offense? Wow, that alot of offense for a game.:devil: :devil: